Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

Also, I don’t know if anyone has read Ship It (the new book by one of the Riverdale writers - it’s great; a novel set in the world of fandom), but a big plot point is two actors from a popular genre show kissing on a con stage for fans. I just read it yesterday and this reminded me of that: 

• Love 2

I was wondering when Amell would go over there!  When it opened this morning I went to Ramsey straight first.  Amell wasn't there yet but, when he did arrive, he kept looking over at Ramsey like he wanted to come talk to him.  His line was medium-long at that point so he didn't and began signing but it was clear he wanted to have BFF time and I'm glad it happened, though I'd have liked to be there to watch.

• Love 5
(edited)

This week and next weekend's cons/events (updated, with schedules)...

Live with Kelly & Ryan, May 15, 2018 (ABC TV network)
Stephen Amell
http://headlineplanet.com/home/2018/05/03/stephen-amell-scheduled-may-16-live-kelly-ryan/

2018 Network Upfronts and Digital NewFronts, March 6-May 17, 2018 (NY):
The CW on May 17 (morning)

https://www.mediavillage.com/article/2018-network-upfronts-and-digital-newfronts-calendar/

Wizard World Philadelphia, May 17-20, 2018 (PA)
Stephen Amell (Fri. only), David Ramsey (Thu.-Fri.), Rick Gonazlez (Thu.-Fri.) and Matt Ryan (Fri.-Sun.)
https://wizardworld.com/comiccon/philadelphia
Programming
-- SA's "Hold My Quiver: A Conversation with Stephen Amell" panel on Fri., May 18, at 5:00 pm
-- MR's "Dark Arts And Magic: A Conversation With John Constantine Himself" panel on Sat., May 19, at 1:00 pm.

Motor City Comic Con, May 18-20, 2018 (Novi, MI)
Stephen Amell (Sat.-Sun.), Kirk Acevedo (Fri.-Sun.) and Summer Glau (Sat.-Sun.) (also Cress Williams, China Anne McClain and Nafessa Williams)
https://www.motorcitycomiccon.com/category/media-guests/
Panel/Q&A Schedule
-- KA's "Come See this Dragon Breathe Fire" panel on Fri., May 18, at 5:00 pm.
-- Black Lightning panel on Sat., May 19, at 12:00 pm.
-- SA's "An Arrow Straight to the Heart" panel on Sat., May 19, at 2:00 pm.
-- SG's "This Firefly Fell from Heaven" panel on Sun., May 20, at 12:00 pm.

Puerto Rico Comic Con, May 18-20, 2018 (San Juan, PR)
Juliana Harkavy and John Barrowman
https://www.prcomiccon.com/2018-guests/
2018 Itinerary
-- JB's Q&A Panel on Sat., May 19, at 2:00 pm.
-- JH's Q&A Panel on Sun., May 20, at 2:30 pm

Edited by tv echo
UPDATED 5-15-18
On 5/12/2018 at 7:13 AM, lemotomato said:

The lead actor in the Roswell reboot, Nathan Parsons. 

It was driving me crazy how familiar he looked.  He was on General Hospital (Ethan), and if memory served I never thought he was particularly good.  But he was also on Bunheads, and don't remember hating him on that show, so maybe that's just how he saw the character.  

He gets away with so much. I remember that story of him grabbing his Torchwood co stars breasts and then running away laughing. James Marsters was like WTH and everyone else was laughing cause ‘that’s just Barrowman’. 

Or even that prank he pulled on KC. Taking photos of himself putting his bare butt on her things. 

I like Barrowman and think he’s a good guy but I find some of his behavior not cool.

• Love 4

I have wondered sometimes how he gets away with some of the stuff he reportedly does.  Wasn’t it KC that’s told the story about him grabbing her boob?  Actually it sounds similar to the Torchwood story @Chaser mentioned, so maybe I’m getting two stories confused.  

1 hour ago, Chaser said:

Am I the only one who doesn’t find mooning funny?

No. Hahaha, bottoms, I guess?

I find pictures of Barrowman exahausting. 

• Love 8
(edited)

Some media reports from HVFF-Nashville this weekend...

What is The CW's Big Upfronts Announcement?
By NICOLE DRUM - May 15, 2018
http://comicbook.com/dc/2018/05/15/the-cw-upfronts-announcement-speculation/

Network upfronts are this week and for television fans that means this is the week that they find out about what's coming -- or leaving -- the lineups next season. If that weren't exciting enough, Arrow star Stephen Amell told fans at Heroes and Villains Fan Fest in Nashville that there would be a major announcement during The CW's presentation on Thursday.

"I'm gonna be in New York on Thursday for The CW's upfronts," Amell said. "And I get to make a really fun announcement. And The CW is just so freaked out that I'm going to spoil it at some point during this panel."

'Arrow': Katrina Law Wants Nyssa to Make Out With Felicity
By JENNA ANDERSON - May 14, 2018
http://comicbook.com/dc/2018/05/14/arrow-season-6-season-7-nyssa-felicity-laurel-katrina-law/

ComicBook.com was on hand during the show's panel at the recent Heroes and Villains FanFest Nashville, where the cast was asked what they'd like to see their characters do in the upcoming seventh season. Katrina Law, who plays Nyssa al Ghul, suggested that her character should share a kiss with Felicity Smoak (Emily Bett Rickards).

“I think Nyssa should make out with Felicity," Law revealed.

“Me too,” Juliana Harkavy, who plays Dinah Drake/Black Canary, echoed.

“I mean, I think everyone should make out with Felicity," added Katie Cassidy, who plays Laurel Lance/Black Siren.

“Oh my gosh!" Law exclaimed. "What a great storyline.”

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

More video clips of the Arrow panel at HVFF-Nashville on Sunday (May 13)...

'Arrow': David Ramsey Wants Diggle's History to Be Explored on Show [VIDEO]
By RUSS BURLINGAME - May 14, 2018
http://comicbook.com/dc/2018/05/14/arrow-david-ramsey-wants-diggles-history-to-be-explored-on-show/ 

Then he got somewhat derailed talking with Katie Cassidy about Black Siren’s Earth-2 parents, and how much or little we know about them.

DR: "I think Diggle should have some parents. To find out who's Diggle - where Diggle came from. Like, I think we know everyone - nearly everyone’s parents."
KC: "Not mine."
DR: "We know yours."
KC: "Not Black Siren."
DR: "Not Black Siren. That's right. Not Black Siren. What Earth were you - Earth 2?"
KC: "Yes, but you never really can tell."
DR: "No, your parents on Earth 2 were still - it was still Lance, except he died."
KC: "No - uh, yes. He died when I was 14. That's all we know."
DR: "Well, that's sad, isn't it."

'Arrow': David Ramsey Says Diggle's Doppelganger Would Have a Green Power Ring [VIDEO]
By NICOLE DRUM - May 14, 2018
http://comicbook.com/dc/2018/05/15/arrow-david-ramsey-diggle-green-lantern/

Fan: "Other than Katie, because we've already seen Black Siren, if you guys could see what your doppelgangers would be like, what do you think they would be?"
DR: "Well, mine would have a power ring... Mine would have a green power ring."
JH: "I think Dinah would be like really docile. Like a farmer. Like, you know, just sort of like growing plants and, you know, cooking dinner and taking it easy. Yeah, just totally different than she is in this Earth."
KL: "I feel like Nyssa would be knitting sweaters for penguins."
JS: "I don't know, you know. Like, you really stumped me on this one, bro. I just picture Chase like  - I like to think of him in law school, what he was like... I feel like he was already a psychopath maybe then, you know? But what if he really cared about environmental law, you know? Like, really cared, really wanted to succeed. And then this dude came in and messed it all up, bro. So yeah. He's a nice lawyer."

Edited by tv echo
9 minutes ago, tv echo said:

DR: "I think Diggle should have some parents. To find out who's Diggle - where Diggle came from. Like, I think we know everyone - nearly everyone’s parents."
KC: "Not mine."
DR: "We know yours."
KC: "Not Black Siren."
DR: "Not Black Siren. That's right. Not Black Siren. What Earth were you - Earth 2?"
KC: "Yes, but you never really can tell."
DR: "No, your parents on Earth 2 were still - it was still Lance, except he died."
KC: "No - uh, yes. He died when I was 14. That's all we know."
DR: "Well, that's sad, isn't it."

LOL - what a completely useless interjection. 

• Love 11
(edited)

Here's video of SA's brief appearance on Live with Kelly & Ryan this morning (ABC) - spoiler warning: he teased the S6 finale...

(unbranded brand)

-- On what he can tell us about the Arrow S6 finale, SA:

Spoiler

"Our finale is called 'Life Sentence' and our finale title generally means exactly what happens. ... I will tell you that a lot of times in our finales, uh, we do big cliffhangers. We do no cliffhanger in this finale. You know where every single character is, uh, at the end of the episode, and they're just not all in the best place."

ETA: FYI, they showed a video clip from Oliver's trial in 621 right before SA came out. It was the scene where Oliver was on the witness stand and GA 'Tommy" dropped down through the ceiling into the courtroom.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 4
4 minutes ago, Starfish35 said:

What is the Build series?

It's an AOL thing where they have entertainers stop by to be interviewed and promote their stuff. There's a small audience and you can go on their site and submit questions.

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

It's an AOL thing where they have entertainers stop by to be interviewed and promote their stuff. There's a small audience and you can go on their site and submit questions.

Thanks. :)