Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

Is ImdbPro different from regular anyone can add stuff Imdb?  Because according to this tweet thread someone with access to ImdbPro noticed that EBR had switched talent agencies and got a new publicist and lawyer.  But I don't know whether that is something people can trust to be accurate or not.  Here's the tweet anyway. 

Edited by BkWurm1
3 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

Is ImdbPro different from regular anyone can add stuff Imdb?  Because according to this tweet thread someone with access to ImdbPro noticed that EBR had switched talent agencies and got a new publicist and lawyer.  But I don't know whether that is something people can trust to be accurate or not.  Here's the tweet anyway. 

Yes, anyone can edit it. The changes get submitted to "database managers" - not sure how they determine what to approve and what not to though.

1 hour ago, KenyaJ said:

Go share!

There are hundreds of replies about Felicity, OTA and Olicity and the writers are like:

giphy.gif

Their bias always makes me laugh. It's frustrating, too, but it's funny now because it's so obvious. 

I think they're probably just retweeting the stuff they think will get them the least amount of blowback.

I do think it's interesting that this is the second time in the past week they've reached out to ask people what they like/think. 

• Love 2
33 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

There are hundreds of replies about Felicity, OTA and Olicity and the writers are like:

giphy.gif

Their bias always makes me laugh. It's frustrating, too, but it's funny now because it's so obvious. 

Yeah, not one retweet about Olicity, Felicity, or OTA quotes or moments BUT they retweeted someone saying "I love Felicity Smoak" and said they did too.  It that supposed to just cover it all?  

• Love 4
3 hours ago, jaye.elle said:

So it looks like Emily's changed her PR company? Looks like this company reps Keiynan, Katrina and Justin Hartley, among others...

I’m inclined to believe the person who said she changed talent agents and lawyer as well then. I hope they give her better publicity than her previous one. 

• Love 2

Are they living out their friendship on social media because they want to (if so, they totally can and should totally do it if they want to) or is it more of a self-promotional type of friendship for everyone involved? It just sometimes rings so over the top to me. It could totally be my perception. I mean, they have all been friends for a while and maybe I am just noticing it more. 

Is EBR still hanging out with KC or CL? Because I feel I haven't seen any of that in a really long time. Didn't they even go on vacations together? 

12 minutes ago, Belinea said:

Are they living out their friendship on social media because they want to (if so, they totally can and should totally do it if they want to) or is it more of a self-promotional type of friendship for everyone involved? It just sometimes rings so over the top to me. It could totally be my perception. I mean, they have all been friends for a while and maybe I am just noticing it more.

Isn't this the entire point of social media, though? Their posts don't strike me as any different from the things my friends and I post, except none of us are famous, so no one really cares about our posts or our inside jokes, LOL.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Belinea said:

Is EBR still hanging out with KC or CL? Because I feel I haven't seen any of that in a really long time. Didn't they even go on vacations together? 

EBR & KC went on a vacation together ... Miami, I think? The vacation where paparazzis got a ton of photos of them together as friends with friends. Now THAT was a PR friendship, IMO. Don't know about CL and EBR, if it was genuine or like "Kamily."

44 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

No one cares about their inside jokes either #letthejarthingdiepls

LOL, unfortunately, I don't think it's ever going to die ... especially if this really is them all being genuine friends. 

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

LOL, unfortunately, I don't think it's ever going to die ... especially if this really is them all being genuine friends. 

I'm sure they're all genuine friends and (sadly) I think you're right. A girl can dream though, and I will keep hope alive!

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Belinea said:

It does feel a little over the top and they seem to be actively documenting it way more recently, especially when it’s the three of them together (unlike, say, the Arrow after party where his wife wasn’t there and there were barely any photos from it), but I don’t think anyone would willingly hang out that much on their downtime (repeatedly) if they weren’t all really friends. 

In terms of PR, I’m much more curious about how the cast seems to be rallying around JH lately. There was SA’s tweet about their scene together, and today she and EBR got a coffee truck for the crew together (even though the pics they used are old so it doesn’t seem like they pose together much). I wonder if they are publicly supporting her because of her contract negotiations? 

Edited by Trisha
28 minutes ago, Trisha said:

In terms of PR, I’m much more curious about how the cast seems to be rallying around JH lately. There was SA’s tweet about their scene together, and today she and EBR got a coffee truck for the crew together (even though the pics they used are old so it doesn’t seem like they pose together much). I wonder if they are publicly supporting her because of her contract negotiations? 

Hmm. I only view that as odd because buying coffee or food for cast/crew is something EBR usually does by herself. And they are definitely old pics so it kinda seems like they don't hang out. I have to admit I never got the impression JH/EBR were close friends or anything.

But tbh I never quite know what to make of things like this. The timing might be suspicious and I do think it strange that someone has to document it for all of social media to see. Like, just walk over and say thanks instead. Haha. But again, it could also be nothing. We'll never really know.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Speaking of interactions that are both very cute and slightly confusing, this is an adorable exchange (but it’s odd that EBR took DP off the thread in her reply but kept JH...)

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Angel12d said:

Hmm. I only view that as odd because buying coffee or food for cast/crew is something EBR usually does by herself. And they are definitely old pics so it kinda seems like they don't hang out. I have to admit I never got the impression JH/EBR were close friends or anything.

Buying food or drinks is a common way to thank people in film or TV. They could be doing it jointly because it's the end of shooting and there is limited time left.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Angel12d said:

But tbh I never quite know what to make of things like this. The timing might be suspicious and I do think it strange that someone has to document it for all of social media to see. Like, just walk over and say thanks instead. Haha. But again, it could also be nothing. We'll never really know.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I do tend to think some of this support for like JH and RG is because of how much hate there is toward the NTA.  Don't know if it's motivated by a network request or the actors showing support on their own but it seems coordinated to me.  

As for the pics of EBR, SA and Cass, I wonder if more of those are being released perhaps as a way to deal with rumors.  SA and EBR are friends, I think that's been proved, but doing pics of the work wife with the actual wife shows they all get along so no secret relationship?  Or it could just be that EBR and Cass are now friends so they all just hang out so much more so more chances for pics.    

• Love 4

I'm amused by EBR's "feud" with the director. It sounds very entertaining. 

As for EBR/SA/Cass I tend to agree with @BkWurm1 that maybe the pics of the three of them are to dispel any rumours that something sketchy is going on between SA and EBR. I imagine if they are best friends and want to spend all their free time together it may raise eyebrows simply because they are a part of one of the most popular ships. The pics with the real wife probably helps with the rumours.

It's a looooot of time to spend with someone if you didn't actually like them. I don't see what PR benefits they could be getting to give up all their free time to hang out with each other if they didn't like each other. 

Edited by Mellowyellow
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, BkWurm1 said:

As for the pics of EBR, SA and Cass, I wonder if more of those are being released perhaps as a way to deal with rumors.  SA and EBR are friends, I think that's been proved, but doing pics of the work wife with the actual wife shows they all get along so no secret relationship? 

Yeah, I think so too. They’re hanging out in real life anyway but there is a slight layer of strategy with what they post. It’s a good bit of image clean up/maintenance. Maybe it’s all happening now because EBR is working with new reps who pointed this out to her. SA not having any new projects lined up for hiatus could be why he’s on board (though he says it’s because he wants to spend time with the fam).

• Love 1

Oh I just realised they are going to the Derby thing as a group! That's.....a lot of weekends with the same company in a row.

Lol I am predicting an overseas trip together next year. Before Olicity ever go on a honeymoon because life is just unfair like that! Yes I realise I am whinging because our leads get to spend more time together than Olicity! To be fair they don't deal with a big bad every year......

Edited by Mellowyellow
  • Love 1

I don’t think we know who’s left, but I think there have been at least three new writers announced so far. Which makes it logical that some people must be leaving.

7 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

They’re both going to be at HVFF London in May. Does that count? ;)

Really??? I won't count that since it's workish! 

When do they start filming again? Will be hilarious if they actually see each other all break! 

3 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

When do they start filming again? Will be hilarious if they actually see each other all break! 

I think they usually start back up in mid-July. Stephen did a live Insta story recently where he talked about his travel plans for the summer. He's going to around 20 different places and he rattled them all off from memory. Traveling is my favorite thing, so I was super jealous.

• Love 2

MG will be one of the presenters...

The line-up of presenters for the Friday, April 27, show include David Arquette (Actor, Director, Producer, Screenwriter), David Osmond (Wonderama), Rodrigo Blaas, Marc Guggenheim and Chad Hammes (Trollhunters), Emily Calandrelli (Xploration Outer Space), Steve Spangler (Xploration, DIY), Michael Stevens (Mind Field), Tom Kenny (SpongeBob SquarePants), Vanessa Lachey, Curtis Stone, and Tiffany Derry (Top Chef Jr.), Michela Luci (Dino Dana), Raven-Symone (Raven's Home), Danny Seo (Naturally Danny Seo), Josh Garcia (The Voyager with Josh Garcia), Alie Ward (The Henry Ford's Innovation Nation), Maureen Fan and EricDarnell (Baobab). ...

2 hours ago, tv echo said:

Another new Arrow writer for S7? Her credits include being story editor for Daredevil, and she's apparently a former practicing lawyer (IMDb page)...

I like that they seem to be bringing in more women/POC. I don't like that she calls him "Ollie" but whatever. I really, really don't like that a few people are already going off on the new writers for talking about comic books or RTing tweets about the Lance sisters instead of Olicity. Not a good way to win them over, IMO. 

• Love 5