Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

They are doing damage control after people are getting pissed that EBR was left off and that there is only one woman on the panel and it is the most deeply unpopular character on both shows.

• Love 4

Does that mean Diggle's getting a costume then, seeing as DR is there?

They either came up with that theme last minute to justify EBR/Willa/CP/DP and CV not being there and/or they're using "costumed" loosely so there wasn't a stage full of only white people.

• Love 2

They either came up with that theme last minute to justify EBR/Willa/CP/DP and CV not being there and/or they're using "costumed" loosely so there wasn't a stage full of only white people.

Yeah, I forgot to add *sarcasm* to my previous post because it's so blatantly backtracking omg. Seriously. 

I don't think it's really damage control. I think it was ways intended to be costumed heroes and villains, which makes complete sense when you see who was chosen. To go. David Ramsey was probably included to add diversity. They probably just made it clear to stop. Some of the complaints.

I think a bigger issue is why there are so few women in costumed/ super hero roles. But that's basically in all comic book based material.

I don't think it's really damage control. I think it was ways intended to be costumed heroes and villains, which makes complete sense when you see who was chosen. To go. David Ramsey was probably included to add diversity. They probably just made it clear to stop. Some of the complaints. I think a bigger issue is why there are so few women in costumed/ super hero roles. But that's basically in all comic book based material.

I think the "costumed" might have been added after the fact to clarify, since so many people seemed to take issue with the fact that EBR isn't there - she is undoubtedly also a hero (and she's been referred to as such on the show), and to a lesser extent, DP and CV. I think theres's a possibility that it was initially intended to be called just "Heroes and Villains." That certainly sounds better than "Costumed Heroes and Villains" - especially when by including Diggle, you're really only leaving out one person (in my mind, Caitlin and Cisco haven't quite cemented "hero" status yet). 

• Love 2

But Laurel isnt a hero yet and neither is Ray. Laurel could at best be called a wananbe vigilante. Ray only has a hologram of his suit. And why not bring Nyssa instead of Ra. Does Ra really have a suit?

She's not yet, but she and Ray are getting ready to go on their arcs while Oliver's dead. It's a promotional opportunity for them, I guess. 

The "costumed" thing is kind of strange to me, because Ra's doesn't have a costume so much as an identifiable piece of clothing he likes to wear. Same with Nyssa and Malcolm - it's League wear, not some character-specific costume. 

But isnt Laurels justification all about revenge? Wouldnt that make her a vigilante. Just like Oliver in S1?

Her justification was initially about revenge. They haven't done a good job of showing it, but she said that "doing good" quenched the "fire inside" of her since Sara died in a way that pills and booze never could. She's chasing a high, not getting revenge. The cat's out of the bag that she's suiting up as BC, so it probably would've looked really odd if they didn't include her on a panel that's about costumed heroes considering she's about to take her first stab (and please, please let it be her last) at being one. Everyone knows Ray Palmer is the Atom. I think it's kind of a "these people are known as heroes and they have upcoming storylines so let's put them out there" kind of thing.

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 1

I dont even have and issue with them being there. But the title of the panel still rubs me the wrong way. And was there any mention of Rays costume, because i didnt see any photos of it.

Edited by Velocity23

CW renews #Arrow #TheFlash #JaneTheVirgin #Supernatural #The100 #TheOriginals #VampireDiaries for 2015-16 season! #TCA15

Most excited about that one, honestly. Not surprised at all about Arrow and The Flash, but yay! Here's hoping I still want to watch next season, haha.

• Love 1

Either of these reasons seem sadly plausible, and also kind of amusing. I can just imagine the reaction when the CW braintrust stopped and said either, 'oh shit, no women' or 'oh shit, this looks like the whitest show since Birth of a Nation'.

That explanation is nonsense, though. I'm just picturing a bunch of PR people digging a hole, and it getting deeper and deeper, the faster they shovel.

• Love 1

And this from Laurel Brown regarding spin-offs (since there's been discussion here of Atom getting his own show):

No more spinoffs for #Arrow and #TheFlash yet, but The CW is open in the future if they can "stand on their own legs." #TCA15
Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 1

And this from Laurel Brown regarding spin-offs (since there's been discussion here of Atom getting his own show):

There's not even space in the schedule for a spin-off. They basically renewed everything lol. 

Pedowitz said they wanna start playing with original scripted Summer programming. Also, some journos are speculating on shorter seasons for some of the shows. The 100 is already in a shorter-season format, and working well for them.

No spin offs? That all but confirms Ray is sticking around in s4 to me. Ugh please no. 

Sorry, sorry. One of these days I'll stop complaining about Ray. Today is not that day though lol.

The CW has also discussed adding Saturday/Sunday programming, and possibly, in the next ten years, adding a 10-11 pm slot - though I imagine some of their affiliates are going to object to that, since the affiliates and Fox tend to do decently with a cheap 10 pm news slot. 

Who  live tweets the Arrow/Flash panel? Laurel Brown? 

In complete cynical news, now the January-February episodes can tank all they want, and it officially won't make a difference.

there was no chance Arrow was going to get cancelled anyway even if it tanked because of syndication :P 

Edited by ban1o

Isn't there some question about the CW continuing as a network after the 2015-2016 season if the Tribune affiliates don't renew their contracts? It seems like I read something about the Tribune president not being happy with the CW's performance awhile back.

• Love 1

"Quite frankly, I feel like I earned my spot here." - @amellywood on why he is at #TCA15 even if his character is dead.

LOL oh Stephen 

Edited by ban1o
  • Love 7

50 eps into #Arrow Amell says if other characters don't shoulder some of the load, the viewers won't have as much to attach to. #TCA15

From Danielle Turchiano twitter.

Poor Stephen. He is watching his own show be siphoned out from under him and being turned into the justice League

• Love 3

So I had a brief conversation with Alan Sepinwall after responding to his tweet about the Arrow/Flash panel. I did reply back to him to let him know Emily was in LA last night. And I wasn't the only one who replied to his initial tweet by expressing concern about the lack of women.

tumblr_ni11tj6V2o1qcszljo1_640.png

• Love 4

Ray Palmer is "on a different track" than the others on #Arrow, says @mguggenheim. Main connection is thru Felicity. #Arrow #TCA15

You dont say Guggentroll. We didnt notice with proping him um with Felicitys character.

B7F7OgNIEAEqEPP.jpg

• Love 1