Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

The pictures do not do the Barrowman justice. Seeing him in the Tardis dress (complete with white heels) is something you need to see in person. He also says he had his first kiss and lost his virginity in Nashville when he was working here.  

My advice? Definitely go to one of these things for the Barrowman. He's worth the price of admission all on his own.

• Love 2
(edited)

There was some debate post episode 520 whether Oliver in fact did say "I gotcha honey" or not, but I think this confirms he did in fact say that --

DEPOUadUQAAnAJ3.jpg

Edited by Soulfire
  • Love 9
(edited)

She isn't working? I'm SHOCKED. :)

But also, James... He needs to be more professional. Because he just sounds so childish in his tweets. But considering I've seen a lot of fans really bashing him about the cancellation I understand why he's upset.

Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 3

I feel bad for the little kidlets who wanted to see her. I remember reading on a blog somewhere, a lady bought her kid tickets to see the person in question as a birthday present. I feel bad for the kid, especially if it was not a genuine reason for cancelling.

• Love 5

In Willa's case, according to his feed, she tried to get a flight so she could be there for part of the weekend but none of the flights worked.  Her filming schedule was changed at the last minute.  I don't know if Arrow or something else.

4 hours ago, Mellowyellow said:

I feel bad for the little kidlets who wanted to see her. I remember reading on a blog somewhere, a lady bought her kid tickets to see the person in question as a birthday present. I feel bad for the kid, especially if it was not a genuine reason for cancelling.

Was that jbuffyangel?  I think she was taking her daughter to see Melissa as a birthday present because she's a huge Supergirl fan.  I do feel sorry for the disappointed kids. :(

56 minutes ago, Starfish35 said:

Was that jbuffyangel?  I think she was taking her daughter to see Melissa as a birthday present because she's a huge Supergirl fan.  I do feel sorry for the disappointed kids. :(

Yup I think it was her! I'd be pretty upset as a parent if I arranged all that and the person didn't show up. 

• Love 1
(edited)

Videos of SA panel from HVFF-Nashville yesterday (warning: videos include spoilers which have been transcribed and posted in the New Spoilers thread) - only nonspoilery portions transcribed below...

Stephen Amell Part 1 Panel 7-8-17
Published on Jul 8, 2017, by Pia Val
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jexVNVmN1IQ

-- Fan asked, "Who's dead?" SA (jokingly): "Prometheus. Though I wanted him to stay because I love Josh... C'mon, man."

-- When asked for his favorite episodes, SA replied, in terms of favorite or most satisfying, that the pilot will "always hold a special place" in his heart. He also said that 220 is "poignant" for him because of Moira's death and because it included "some really cool flashbacks, um, where we first actually met Samantha and William, you know, not being born yet." He then said that 523 was "really special." He also mentioned the episode where "Josh tortured me for the entire episode" and that that episode was more satisfying than enjoyable because he "hated every second of that episode, it caused me huge amounts of stress."

-- When fan asked for his secret to not aging, SA: "I made a deal with the Devil. Straight up. I made a deal with the Devil." He then said that fans will probably notice his "salt-and-pepper hair" this season.

-- When fan asked about his martial arts training, SA said that he "learned some basics right when he got cast" and "since then it's really been the martial art of fighting on screen."

-- SA talked about being a dad and not wanting to spend time away from his daughter, who's now calling him "Prince Green Arrow."

-- SA said that he "hopes" that there's a Season 7 of Arrow.

Stephen Amell Part 2 Panel 7-8-17
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gK6qnwPO1gw

-- SA said that they plan to relaunch his Sinceriously campaign sometime towards the end of the summer.

-- SA: "I tweeted this as well. I met a girl - I met a 13-year-old girl who's a big fan of the show today, who's named Felicity. Can you imagine being her when she's 8 years old, watching that show for the first time? I'm also a little frightened of her parents. Are they clairvoyant? Are they mutants? Like, how did they know, you know what I mean?"

-- Child fan (Mini-Felicity, jbuffyangel's daughter): "My name is Lauren. Um, what do you love most about Felicity?"  SA: "I love how smart and how capable she is. That she can stand on her own and do her own thing. And I think that one of the biggest lessons that Oliver's had to learn is that he doesn't always need to help her. He can just let her be her own person."

-- Fan asked why he used the same sword to defeat Ra's al Ghul in S3. SA said it was because it was the sword that he had.

-- Fan said that she and her friends were making up Arrow pick-up lines for fun and asked if he had heard any. She also quoted one from a friend, "Stephen, would you shoot an arrow into my heart?" SA: "That's kinda dark. I mean, I don't think you need to go, like, too far past, uh, 'Hey girl, I'm all aquiver.' (Audience laughs) #dadjoke."

-- SA said that he likes to hang with family and friends in his free time, not make plans, and also watch football.

Stephen Amell Part 3 Panel 7-8-17
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsYdaDTzN_Y

-- SA: "I miss Colton Haynes' handsome face every single day. If we end this show, whenever it happens to end, without seeing Roy Harper again, I think we will have made a tragic mistake."

-- On his daughter's favorite superhero, SA said that she's convinced that Boss Baby is a superhero. On his daughter's favorite Disney princess, SA said that "it drifts between Elsa, Aurora, Belle, Ariel, Rapunzel... Cinderella not so much." He then mentioned CD's wife playing Anna in Frozen and that his daughter's "going to explode."

-- Fan asked if he thought the tendency of going away from comic book origins in TV shows and movies has to do with society's ability to want more original superhero stories or something else. SA: "That's an excellent question... I think that our show was created - you say, go back to the comic book origins - every interpretation of the character is different. Right? So for me, my interpretation of the character was built off of what David Nutter, Greg Berlanti, Marc Guggenheim, and Andrew Kreisberg wanted. Right? They wanted a show that was not reactionary, but was definitely a pivot from what you saw on Smallville. Right? Where Smallville was bright, we were dark. Where Smallville was light-hearted, we were a little bit more - you know, fantastical, we were a little bit more grounded. But then you pivot, because the show's successful. And the show's never supposed to have powers. But then DC says you can have Barry Allen. So, screw that. And so, you know, it - it's really about - it's about telling the best story 23 times a year. And that's not the easiest creative outlet. I think that if you - in a vacuum, in a perfect world, how many episodes would Arrow be? It would be 10 episodes a season, and the 10th episode of the fifth season would have been the end of the show. But in the nature of episodic television and the world that we've built, we tell 23 stories a year, and we'll go until I literally can't lift my arm up any more to draw an arrow from the quiver... The roots of the character are the roots of the character that I created. Like, I'm the current ambassador for the live action version of Oliver Queen. There will be someone after me. Um, there was someone before me. Um, so, I would like to see him smile."

-- On whether he has more fun playing the Oliver who wants to kill the bad guys or the Oliver who doesn't want to kill, SA: "That's a really good question. I think that the use of lethal force on our show is a very distinguishing factor. And I found it frustrating when he was just completely, like, we can't kill him. We should - we definitely, definitely should, but we can't... Sorry, kids."

-- Fan said that he can't imagine anyone else playing the GA and asked whether SA would consider crossing over to play GA on the big screen. SA said that if Hawkeye can stand alongside the Avengers, then Green Arrow can stand alongside the Justice League. He then said that if they wanted him to play GA in a big screen movie, his first commitment is to the TV show, so he'd only consider it if the TV show was not affected. However, if they wanted someone else to play GA on the big screen, he was cool with that. He can only control what he can control. He also said that he thought that the "DC cinematic universe could stand to benefit from some of the characters that the television universe has created."

-- On the most emotional scene he ever shot on Arrow, SA: "It's really difficult to pick between the death of the Tommy, um, and the death of Moira. Uh, those were both incredibly devastating things. But, uh - and obviously the - the scene that I shot with Katie that aired in the, um - that aired in the Season 5 premiere, actually - that was an oddly - that was oddly emotional too, for me personally, because I was sad that Katie was leaving the show...[spoiler omitted here]... But, uh, yeah, probably the death of Moira and Tommy. Those were really tough."

-- At fan request, SA sang part of a "Little Mermaid" song.

Stephen Amell Part 3/4 Panel 7-8-17
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0bF0kd91HA

-- On his favorite superhero team-up, SA: "I'm always going to be partial to Barry Allen... But I'd like to do some more work with Supergirl."

-- He'd like to do wrestling again and get to 2-0. He'd also like to some type of America Ninja Warrior thing again because he did well and he raised money for charity. He starts back training "in general" on Monday.

-- Child fan asked how he gets his "dark and broody Arrow voice." SA: "I do all my scenes right after I wake up."

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 4

SA talked about being a dad and not wanting to spend time away from his daughter, who's now calling him "Prince Green Arrow."

That got a very large "awwwww!" from me.  

I don't remember if Caity was always on the panel or if she was added when Willa canceled but they all came out and sat in the order in which they were called.  She was called third, so she sat in that seat. 

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Starfish35 said:

Did Legends even have a panel?

No.  There were some LOT questions for Caity (she says that the attraction was mutual with Snart, which just twists the knife further) and she did join in answering plenty of general questions (she'd like Sara to spend more time with Lance and interact with Siren) but the focus was primarily Arrow.

• Love 4
(edited)

Michael Rowe tells behind-the-scenes story of shooting scene where Diggle breaks Deadshot out of Russian prison...

On The Phone: Arrow's Deadshot (Mike Rowe) Talks About a Stunt Gone Hilariously Wrong
Published on Jun 27, 2017, by Makayla Allison

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

Here's Austencello's recap of her fan experience at HVFF-Portland on June 24 & 25 - she also included nutshell summaries of the SA and Arrow panels, but I didn't quote them below because those panels have been previously reported on in this forum (warning: if you go to link to read rest of recap, SA panel had some spoilery info)...

HVFF Portland - a recap
https://austencello.tumblr.com/post/162493744844/hvff-portland-a-recap

At this point, we started to break up and visit different actors booths for autographs or selfies. I had written out all the music themes for each person there to sign which meant I did not do any photo-ops. Cons are expensive!

I started with Katrina Law mostly so I could follow Janis and her daughter and see Ava meet Nyssa. If any of you follow Janis, you will know that Nyssa is Ava’s favorite character and it was fun to see Katrina pick her up and swing her back and forth. I showed her my music sheet and Katrina was very excited to learn that Nyssa had her own theme and thought that was really cool.

My next stop was David Ramsey’s table. David Ramsey is a wonderful human being and made sure to take time with each fan. He was the last one to stay both evenings because there were so many people and because it took so much longer (but everyone would agree it was worth it!) He asked me my name, at which point he mentioned it was one of his favorite names and then proceeded to name four other favorite names, one being my sister’s name which we both found very cool. Then I showed him the music and his eyes grew big as he asked where I got the music. I told him I transcribed it which greatly impressed him. Then he asked me to sing or hum Diggle’s theme for him! I did my best but told him that it sounded much cooler with electric bass and then babbled about how it was in the last episode with Deathstroke, Diggle and Wild Dog’s themes as they fought (I told Rick the same thing the next day) which was really cool. David them told me that I was amazing for listening to all those details and signed my paper. He asked if I was a musician and told him that I was a cellist. Since I was dressed as Felicity the first day, he guessed that at the end and gave me a high five. I returned to Sarah and Bre red-faced, a huge grin on my face, and slightly shaking!

The three of us went over to Juliana’s table next. There were a lot less people at her table which meant we could spend more time. First of all, she is gorgeous and has the most lovely smile. I certainly hope we can see more of it on Arrow. We all shared how much we loved her as the Black Canary and thought she did a fantastic job. This meant the world to her and she told us she hoped to do us proud in Season 6. When I showed her the music, I shared how her theme stemmed from the previous Canary themes but is her own. She found that really cool and was a little blown away, I think. I’m not sure she even knew there were soundtracks for Arrow. She asked if she could take a picture of it so she could play it home. She signed Dinah Drake first starting in a D on the staff paper which was a cool little moment.

My last signature was with Stephen Amell. I had this whole spiel I was going to say on thanking him for his work this year but I was a little overwhelmed being so close to him (he is quite handsome) that most of it left my brain. He was very nice and asked where I wanted him to sign. I pointed out his three themes and then he signed next to each one. It took a little while for me to recover.
I visited Willa’s table first and got her signature in Green and then a selfie. She thought it was really sweet that her theme was called “Purest Heart.” I mentioned that I almost put down the Theroy theme as well because I love it and them. She said she missed them too. Very cool.

Next was Rick who was also blown away that I had written down all the themes and that Wild Dog has his own. He asked if he could take a picture of it as well and really appreciated it. I again babbled that it appeared in 5x02 and the fight scene in 5x23 and he was kind of impressed that I noticed those details. I told him that I loved the piano theme for Rene and Zoe and am hoping it will be on the soundtrack.

Spoiler

He mentioned that they will address Zoe and Rene in Season 6

and gave us (Sarah was with me) hugs. He also has a beautiful smile which we need to see more on the show!

We then went to Brandon Routh’s booth. Brandon looks exactly like he does on screen: tall, handsome, and smiling. Turns out that Brandon plays trumpet and piano and so actually read the music in front of him. He said the range was a little low for trumpet but I had written the French Horn range (the Atom theme is both in horns and trumpets) so we proceeded to talk about trumpet ranges. He also asked to take a picture of it. I mentioned that I enjoyed Legends and was excited to see where it goes next. He smiled and said that it was going to be pretty crazy. 
We returned to the booth areas to find out about the mini-Felicity pictures/hug video (she was dancing with Rick at that point) As the day closed, we all traveled over to Juliana’s booth (thanks to Alejandra) and

Spoiler

we talked about the new costume which had been revealed over the Internet and how it looks awesome. We did mention something about the weather (the bare arms for a few inches) and she appeared a little surprised and admitted that didn’t occur to her! She said if she is shivering, we will know why!

She thanked us and gave us all hugs.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 3
(edited)

I guess this qualifies as behind-the-scenes? This article includes link to an interesting podcast interview with Lisa Gregorian, Pres. and Chief Marketing Officer for Warner Bros. Television Group, and Tammy Golihew, EVP of Publicity and Social Media for Warner Bros. Worldwide Television Marketing...

The Daily Brief Podcast: How Warner Bros. Turned Comic-Con Into the Super Bowl of TV Marketing
By Paige Albiniak  |   07.17.2017
http://brief.promaxbda.org/index.php/article/the-daily-brief-podcast-how-warner-bros.-turned-comic-con-into-the-super-bo

San Diego Comic-Con wasn’t always the pop culture monolith that it is today. More than a decade ago, Lisa Gregorian, now president and chief marketing officer for Warner Bros. Television Group, realized it was a place to really connect with the hard-core fans that loved Warner Bros.’ genre shows, such as Smallville and The Big Bang Theory. And how right she was.

After spending her early years at the Con selling Warner Bros. merchandise on the show floor to raise money just to fund the trip, Gregorian—with lots of help from Tammy Golihew, executive vice president of publicity and social media for Warner Bros. Worldwide Television Marketing—has built Warner Bros.’ TV presence into one of the major marketing forces on hand in San Diego. This year alone, Warner Bros. is showcasing 21 shows in San Diego—some via screenings, others via panels, others via activations and presence at Warner Bros.’ centrally located two-story booth.

Other TV shows and movies have taken note, and today Comic-Con represents the Super Bowl of TV marketing. It’s where everyone goes to show off their coolest, most fan-driven activations just two months before the start of the new TV season.

warner-bros-comic-con-floor-2017__twocol

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, Mellowyellow said:

I'm playing the song right now!

*screams like a banshee and has a meltdown*

It's a very good Olicity song! 

I don't know if you clicked on the tweet but Marc also said it was the song at HIS wedding. 

• Love 3