Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

I see KC is changing her tune now about LL and the grave story. And yeah the reason you didn't know you were in the grave is because you only read your lines. If you paid attention to the actual script and the show you'd know that grave had Laurel's name written all over it.

And please Katie, I have legit gifs of the stunt double doing such easy scenes like running or butt shots, it wasn't just the big stunts that they didn't let you do. I also have gifs of you missing easy punches when they did indeed let you do a fight. And it was her who said that she couldn't use the tonfas too much because it proved difficult during filming.

And yeah we all know the established relationship you have with the CW, it's why it took the producers this long to kill your character.

• Love 10
(edited)
5 minutes ago, Cleanqueen said:

And yeah we all know the established relationship you have with the CW, it's why it took the producers this long to kill your character.

And probably also why she's back again. I'm beginning to wonder if she made a deal with a crossroad demon while on Supernatural :P

Edited by SmallScreenDiva
  • Love 21
2 minutes ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

And probably also why she's back again. I'm beginning to wonder if she made a deal with a crossroad demon while on Supernatural :P

I guess we'll find out next year.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

LMAO At this point its possible.

• Love 1
(edited)
24 minutes ago, Cleanqueen said:

I see KC is changing her tune now about LL and the grave story. And yeah the reason you didn't know you were in the grave is because you only read your lines. If you paid attention to the actual script and the show you'd know that grave had Laurel's name written all over it.

And please Katie, I have legit gifs of the stunt double doing such easy scenes like running or butt shots, it wasn't just the big stunts that they didn't let you do. I also have gifs of you missing easy punches when they did indeed let you do a fight. And it was her who said that she couldn't use the tonfas too much because it proved difficult during filming.

How did she change her tune about LL and the grave?

And you do know that they have their stunt unit doing plenty of easy scenes to save time, it had nothing about not allowing her to do them. There are plenty that are pure stunt doubles for everyone.

tumblr_njb6xihYft1teabzlo1_250.gif

That isn't Colton just chilling on the bike, hard work.

Hell even shows like Glee used stand-ins for the actors to get things done lol. Guess sitting on that choir room chair was to hard to do.

Edited by Primal Slayer
(edited)

She didn't say she did most of the work though. 

-- When asked how many of the stunt scenes are really her (as opposed to her stunt double), KC replied: "Um, well, for the most part, they let me do a lot. However... they're not going to let me jump off a building. So, um, I had a stunt double. Her name was Atlin, who's phenomenal. But, for the most part, you know, when there are fight scenes, they'll - they'll let us do some of it. But, at the end of the day, you know, insurance and they can't obviously risk if I were to get hurt, or fall off a building or something. You know, those really crazy shots? Those are definitely not me. But, you know, look, we'll get close-ups. And when you do see fight stuff that's just, you know, basic kick boxing or working with the night sticks, a lot of that is. So it just sort of depends on the circumstances."

A lot could vary from person to person on how you interpret that. I think the only time they had her do anything close to boxing was in the ring with Wildcat and she did plenty with the night sticks. Of course her wording for that one could change a little

But we were mainly talking about them "not" allowing her to do the most basic things as if they don't do that for everyone else to save time.

Edited by Primal Slayer
1 hour ago, tv echo said:

Everybody would be like, 'who's in the grave? who's in the grave? who's in the grave?' I remember just - I was never really worried. [Unintelligible words] No one's in the grave. Who cares?

This is the dumbest statement I've ever seen her say. Who cares? Um the people who are worried they're going to need to audition for a new gig. What a moron. Clearly she thought she was safe lmao

• Love 4
5 hours ago, Primal Slayer said:

It is but somehow i don't think she will care. She already knew L/O was done before she left the show. If anything i can see her joking around 

I'm sorry in the episode she died she said in an interview (or maybe Marc said she said in an interview) that she specifically asked Marc to including the love of my life line even though he hadn't really thought of it the same way. Which was what a year ago? So I don't know how much she's "let it go".  I wouldn't be surprised if she is wondering about whether Black Siren can have some transferable love for Earth 1 Oliver as her new let's make me important head canon.

• Love 4
Just now, wonderwall said:

This is the dumbest statement I've ever seen her say. Who cares? Um the people who are worried they're going to need to audition for a new gig. What a moron. Clearly she thought she was safe lmao

How is it stupid when she clearly means "all of us are safe" when talking to her cast mates about which of them will die.

Just now, Primal Slayer said:

How is it stupid when she clearly means "all of us are safe" when talking to her cast mates about which of them will die.

Incredibly naive for a woman who's supposed to be a seasoned CW actor. My stance remains. I think it's stupid as hell. 

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, LeighAn said:

I'm sorry in the episode she died she said in an interview (or maybe Marc said she said in an interview) that she specifically asked Marc to including the love of my life line even though he hadn't really thought of it the same way. Which was what a year ago? So I don't know how much she's "let it go".  I wouldn't be surprised if she is wondering about whether Black Siren can have some transferable love for Earth 1 Oliver as her new let's make me important head canon.

I have never heard or remember reading that. I remember reading that they talked about the state of Lauriver towards the beginning of S4 but not that she asked for that line to be put in.

Incredibly naive for a woman who's supposed to be a seasoned CW actor. My stance remains. I think it's stupid as hell. 

Lol well yeah if she is a seasoned CW actress then it would show since TheCW never got rid of any big characters after that long. 

Just now, Primal Slayer said:

I just don't understand how she could maintain that belief when the show runners were promising long in advance that the death would stick and it was an important death and that it would bring back the stakes to dying on the show.  Clearly someone WAS getting killed off on the show.  But I think she also felt she was safe.  And why not, I too thought so even as I argued it made the most sense to kill Laurel.  

• Love 3

People are allowed to be worried for their job status especially in acting. Her asking why care is incredibly privileged of her. Jmo.

Of course they are allowed to be worried, it would be one thing if she was saying "who cares which one of us dies" as opposed to "none of us are going to die, duh who cares about the death" when they are speculating about it. 

2 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

I just don't understand how she could maintain that belief when the show runners were promising long in advance that the death would stick and it was an important death and that it would bring back the stakes to dying on the show.  Clearly someone WAS getting killed off on the show.  But I think she also felt she was safe.  And why not, I too thought so even as I argued it made the most sense to kill Laurel.  

I have watched plenty of tv where we are promised a big death and then it is just turns out to be Suzie from the supermarket. 

(edited)
9 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

I have never heard or remember reading that. I remember reading that they talked about the state of Lauriver towards the beginning of S4 but not that she asked for that line to be put in.

Well she did or Marc said she did. I can't remember if it was her interview or his but she apparently spoke to Marc and the writers that she feels like Oliver is the love of her life but she's not his and how sometimes you don't end up with your soulmate yada yada I remember it specifically because I cracked up that Marcs response was that he'd never really thought of it that way ..... which basically summed up Katies reading of the show vs the actual show. She never seemed to be on the same page as the writing. Probably because by her own accounts she never actually reads it out side of her own lines so...

Edited by LeighAn
  • Love 2
9 minutes ago, LeighAn said:

This is new info to me. I remember her talking at one of the cons how she and Marc sat down before season four and she talked to him about how she felt about Oliver being the love of Laurel's life, and he didn't see it that way and asked her to explain why she thought that.  So because of that I know it's been common fandom speculation that he put that into the episode for her, but I didn't realize it had ever been confirmed by anyone.  

• Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, wonderwall said:

Didn't she once say she did 60% of the stunts or something? Or did she say 40%?

60% sounds right. I just remember the claim of doing most of the fighting scenes. (Not including the stunts of course)

Edited by BkWurm1
1 minute ago, LeighAn said:

Well she did or Marc said she did. I can't remember if it was her interview or his but she apparently spoke to Narc and the writers that she feels like Oliver is the love of her life but she's not his and how sometimes you don't end up with your soulmate yada yada I remember it specifically because I cracked up that Marcs response was that he'd never really thought of it that way ..... which basically summed up Katies reading of the show vs the actual show. She never seemed to be on the same page as the writing. Probably because by her own accounts she never actually reads it out side of her own lines so...

She said that at the beginning of the season but never to our knowledge that she asked for it to be written in her death.

• Love 3

After the season 4 premiere, MG said this to TVLine:

Somebody is definitely dead — “It’s not a fake-out,” Guggenheim confirms, while keeping mum on whether the producers know who is in that cemetery plot — and he or she will stay that way, despite the existence of Nanda Parbat’s magical hot tub. “We want to bring stakes back to the show, and so, we’ll be finding a way to handle the Lazarus Pit… in a new, inventive way that I can’t reveal,” Mericle shares. “But it’ll be cool.” Adds Guggenheim: “It’ll feel organic and very earned. It’s actually very elegant.”

So for KC to not worry about anyone's fates when her boss had gone on the record saying "No, not a fake out", is just hubris on her part.

4 minutes ago, LeighAn said:

sometimes you don't end up with your soulmate yada yada 

Wasn't this part from that video interview she did with EBR?  Because I remember thinking "awkward!"

• Love 6
(edited)

Yeah, I think the most confirmation we had was that yes, KC had actually pitched to MG how Laurel still viewed Oliver (soulmate thing) and that MG hadn't agreed at that time so when it actually did show up in episode canon, it was assumed that they gave her a bone since it no longer mattered. 

1 minute ago, Starfish35 said:

Wasn't this part from that video interview she did with EBR?  Because I remember thinking "awkward!"

Yes.  Though I think she repeated that comment in more than one interview.  

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 5
6 minutes ago, LeighAn said:

Well she did or Marc said she did. I can't remember if it was her interview or his but she apparently spoke to Marc and the writers that she feels like Oliver is the love of her life but she's not his and how sometimes you don't end up with your soulmate yada yada I remember it specifically because I cracked up that Marcs response was that he'd never really thought of it that way ..... which basically summed up Katies reading of the show vs the actual show. She never seemed to be on the same page as the writing. Probably because by her own accounts she never actually reads it out side of her own lines so...

KC was still saying that she thought Oliver was the love of LL's life in this IGN article (and she said it while sitting next to EBR)

IGN: I don't think I'm going to shock you guys by saying that some of the fans get very invested in the love stories on this show. There's the whole contingent of, "Oh, well, it's Oliver and Felicity…" but then there's the comic book contingent of, "Oh, no, Laurel and Oliver..." Do you guys have a deeply invested "where you want it to end," or do you just kind of like to see the different dynamics they can do?

Rickards: I like seeing the different dynamics, but I also feel like our story’s our story, and it's kind of like where that leads. It's kind of where that tumbles, really, and having that fall organically as opposed to sticking to a structure -- does that make sense?

Cassidy: Yeah, absolutely. Also, thinking about it, I felt I was happy -- and the way I look at their relationship -- I'm happy for Oliver, and I'm happy for Felicity. I see Felicity as this genuinely beautiful person and good person. Obviously, I still think Oliver is the love of Laurel's life, but that doesn't mean you end up with the love of your life. So I feel like she's come to peace with that. But it's also… Laurel didn't know who she was as a person when we saw her in Season 1, so she had to find herself and go through this journey on her own. Meanwhile, she got to watch this beautiful relationship blossom.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

After the season 4 premiere, MG said this to TVLine:

So for KC to not worry about anyone's fates when her boss had gone on the record saying "No, not a fake out", is just hubris on her part.

We don't know if MG went to them and said "one of you 5 are definitely going to die". I thought they would kill off a big reoccurring character like Charlotte. But if she doesn't read the entire script (she knows the script since they do table reads) then she probs doesn't read MG interviews.

(edited)
15 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

60% sounds right. I just remember the claim of doing most of the fighting scenes.

LOL if this is true then what an asshole. And there Colton was basically giving his stunt double all the credit.

Kudos to Atlin for dealing with such a self absorbed person.

Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 1
(edited)
3 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

We don't know if MG went to them and said "one of you 5 are definitely going to die". I thought they would kill off a big reoccurring character like Charlotte. But if she doesn't read the entire script (she knows the script since they do table reads) then she probs doesn't read MG interviews.

She'd have to have followed his interviews to know it, but MG did rule out anyone that wasn't a regular early on.  It's just that even if she wasn't reading said interviews, I would think her people would be scouring the pages for info.  

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 2
30 minutes ago, wonderwall said:

LOL if this is true then what an asshole. And there Colton was basically giving his stunt double all the credit.

Kudos to Atlin for dealing with such a self absorbed person.

60 her, 40% me. Nothing but praise. 

2 hours ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

LOOOOOL.  Her 10 years is just around the corner if that is the case. RUH ROH.

• Love 1
36 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

60 her, 40% me. Nothing but praise. 

That was at the end of last season.  I remember very clearly some earlier comments in like season three that weren't so generous with her handing out credit.  

• Love 3
(edited)

I would believe KC did most of her fight stunts because nothing BC did was that complicated, iirc, except for some falling and jumping stunts. Oliver, Sara, Thea and Roy (omg) had way more intricate fight moves with the flipping and turning, etc. I can't even remember her high kicking someone? 

I miss Roy and his superfluous flips. ?He flourished well. 

Edited by leopardprint
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Primal Slayer said:

Charlotte, who was a character created for the show and a member of Felicity's family would be expendable. Or maybe Pike who had been on the show from s1.

She probably thought that between being Laurel Lance the Black Canary and her pre-existing relationship with the CW, she was safe.  David Ramsey, who had at least one show cancelled on him, knew how precarious the business is.

• Love 2
39 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

That was at the end of last season.  I remember very clearly some earlier comments in like season three that weren't so generous with her handing out credit.  

I've always seen her give praise but if you want to go back even further to find 1 comment of her to go in on her about then more power to you. 

4 hours ago, tv echo said:

it - it's led me to more and different - I don't want to spoil anything for you guys... It's branched off in a way that I'm very happy about. And I think you guys will be too.

I'm confused about why she's being coy about the Black Siren stuff.  That's out there, it's been announced, she showed up again this past week....it's not a spoiler. 

Maybe the season finale has why BS is sticking around for S6 and she is being coy about that?

The whole time I'm reading that answer I'm thinking "more and different" - you are literally playing her the same way you played Laurel and "amazing opportunity" - you couldn't get another job you had to have pulled some stuff behind the scenes to get back on the show.

• Love 18
9 minutes ago, Chaser said:

The whole time I'm reading that answer I'm thinking "more and different" - you are literally playing her the same way you played Laurel and "amazing opportunity" - you couldn't get another job you had to have pulled some stuff behind the scenes to get back on the show.

No you're wrong. Because Katie is such a selfless person and felt sorry for Arrow, she declined all the amazing offers she had so she could go back to the scraps DCTV was giving her. 

• Love 10

You know, this might be the one thing I don't feel like criticizing her about. This is Arrow. Everyone who died had come back. Can't totally blame her for believing it would be another cop out. The funny thing is that ultimately she was right, since she's back again. :/

• Love 1
Just now, looptab said:

You know, this might be the one thing I don't feel like criticizing her about. This is Arrow. Everyone who died had come back. Can't totally blame her for believing it would be another cop out. The funny thing is that ultimately she was right, since she's back again. :/

I agree, I disagree with Katie on a lot,  but I seriously doubted anyone was going to die.   Even with Marc and Wendy saying the "death would stick!!!"  I was of the I'll believe it when I see it tribe. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Starfish35 said:

I'm confused about why she's being coy about the Black Siren stuff.  That's out there, it's been announced, she showed up again this past week....it's not a spoiler. 

Is Germany up to date with episodes though? I was thinking that was why she was being coy but she does play coy a lot.

• Love 1
(edited)

Characters that have stayed dead:

• Robert
  • Moira
  • Tommy
  • Yao Fei
  • Shado
  • Sebastian
  • Isabel
  • Laurel
  • Poppy
  • Andy (killed again for good)
  • Amanda

Characters brought back:

• Malcolm
  • Sara
  • Slade
  • Laurel (sorta)
  • Andy (killed again)
  • Ray

Who else am I missing? I'll add to the list... 

Edited by wonderwall

LOL this show has zero credibility. I was actually thinking about submitting that as a question to HVFF, about how bringing KC/BC on full time compromises what little narrative credibility they have left. But it's moo, they will talk that company line.

• Love 9
1 minute ago, Chaser said:

LOL this show has zero credibility. I was actually thinking about submitting that as a question to HVFF, about how bringing KC/BC on full time compromises what little narrative credibility they have left. But it's moo, they will talk that company line.

They'll just say that E1 LL is still dead (yay stakes!) 

They said from the beginning of killing Laurel off that it wouldn't be the last we had seen of KC so not like anyone should've been surprised, at least they stuck to their guns about keeping her dead. They just found a good loophole to bring KC back. 

• Love 1
(edited)
7 minutes ago, wonderwall said:

Who else am I missing? I'll add to the list... 

Was Thea totally dead or mostly dead? 

Does presumed dead count? Oliver? 

(Geez, this show) 

Edited by leopardprint