Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

4 hours ago, LeighAn said:

People tweeted the guy who owns HVFF about why there was no Emily and Stephen Panel. He apparently got a little pissy, told fans they should be "grateful" for what they've got and then had a mini rant about how super hard it is to organise actors schedules and demands at cons.

Personally I don't see how hard it is to go to Emily's reps "hey you have a panel at 10:30 with Stephen cool? Cool". But okay buddy. If you say so.

I dont blame him. They weren't happy with his answer and kept pestering him. Kind of turned comical.

But idk if EBR would be interested in doing a full on Olicity panel. Emily has more control over what she does then her reps im guessing. 

• Love 1

There comes a point where you go from customer to pure fan. And in this case it's one thing if your at the event then on twitter wanting to know about your fave, some of them didn't seem like they were going, they were just pissed at the line up.

No offense but I found that HVFF guy's behavior and attitude incredibly unprofessional. Sure, some fans were going OTT as usual (always makes me cringe) and I honestly don't know why anyone expected an Olicity panel. That'd never happen. But to say fans should be grateful for an event they're paying a lot of money for was so rude. And then he was liking and RTing certain tweets that made him look so petty.

It's called good customer service, James whatever-your-name-is. Learn it.

I'm kind of torn on the subject, myself. On the one hand, I think people really wanted a Stephen/Emily panel together, even if it did include Josh and Katie, so I can imagine their disappointment when they heard that they weren't getting them together. But on the other hand, people can really get intense and rude when they don't get what they want. They're a minority, but a very vocal minority so if they're tweeting at him constantly, what's the best course of action? 

Not being rude back, of course. The guy should have either said nothing or said that this was how the schedule worked out and that it would not or could not be changed last minute. But really, the vocal minority fans don't need to harass a guy about not getting what they want. As usual, both sides do the wrong thing and both sides look shitty and ruin it for everyone. 

Frankly, I'd just be thrilled if I got to see Emily. It's such a rarity to see her at a con that, with or without Stephen, I'd be excited to see her. Hell, I'd even be fine with going to her panel with Josh and Katie. Because it's Emily's rare con appearance. Plus, is Stephen really NOT going to crash their panel at some point? So they'll still most likely get Stephen/Emily for a bit. 

• Love 8

The proliferation of these cons seems to be a pretty blatant cash grab, like the actors aren't doing them out of the goodness of their hearts and love of fans. It's a business transaction not a charitable endeavor or favor. Just use the magical phrase "scheduling conflict" and move on. 

• Love 13
(edited)

Go to article link to submit questions (I submitted the following question for EBR: "Emily, how long is your contract with Arrow?")...

Heroes & Villains Fan Fest - Submit questions for the cast of Arrow, Flash, Supergirl & more
Posted by CJ at May 21, 2017
http://www.spoilertv.com/2017/05/heroes-villains-fan-fest-submit.html

Spoiler TV are going to Heroes and Villains Fan fest London next weekend and have been given an amazing opportunity.

We will be hosting a number of panels with the guests over the Saturday and Sunday and will also be interviewing some of the amazing guests....

We wanted to give you guys the opportunity to have your questions answered by some of the stars of your favourite TV shows....

You can submit your questions in the form below....

18198692_832820893523188_911582675013386

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

Cons have become more greedy as their popularity grows. I don't know how autographs went from Free to $50 to $100. I met most of the Buffy cast, Kristen Bell, Jensen Ackles, and Nathan Fillion without paying a single cent for their autographs and pictures. 

• Love 2

I don't really blame fans for having unrealistic expectations. I think this Con had set them up  because it was an 'Arrowverse' con and their interactions with fans on SM. Instead of responding professionally to those extra fans (which honestly they should have expected), they doubled down and were assholes.

Seriously it's like the Arrow standard at this point. So Cringy everywhere. I hope that panel isn't as awkward as twitter. 

• Love 12
2 minutes ago, Chaser said:

I don't really blame fans for having unrealistic expectations. I think this Con had set them up  because it was an 'Arrowverse' con and their interactions with fans on SM. Instead of responding professionally to those extra fans (which honestly they should have expected), they doubled down and were assholes.

Seriously it's like the Arrow standard at this point. So Cringy everywhere. I hope that panel isn't as awkward as twitter. 

Yeah, if I recall correctly, this guy was the one bragging about how they'd do it right if they ever got EBR at their con when people were complaining about a lack of Olicity panels when she went to CoH. So he kind of set expectations, but he could have just blamed scheduling and ended it there. Telling people who are paying hundreds (maybe more with travel) to be grateful for what they get was a bad move. And on the other side, a few Olicity fans saying they were afraid of a few KC fans was also a bad move. Bad moves on both sides. 

I find it strange that James is taking all the heat. SA is a co-owner of this con. Surely he has some pull too? If he wanted to something other than his typical solo panel, I'm sure he would. 

Isn't the standard for HVFFs that there's a solo SA panel and then the rest of the cast in a panel (or two, depending on how many attend?)? Couldn't they just have said "this is how we do our cons"? 

There are always going to be requests for combinations in panels, and you know what? Sure, I'd love a SA/EBR panel but I'd also like to see a SA/JS panel and I know it's very unlikely. 

Really, the best people should hope for once a con schedule is released is panel crashing because once the schedule is out, it's set for the weekend, right? I don't know if I've ever heard of changes being made this close to a convention. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Primal Slayer said:

I dont blame him. They weren't happy with his answer and kept pestering him. Kind of turned comical.

But idk if EBR would be interested in doing a full on Olicity panel. Emily has more control over what she does then her reps im guessing. 

The tweets I saw to him weren't rude though until he made the "be grateful for what you get" comment (which I think he deleted after) and then people started calling him out. Up till then people were just tweeting simply asking the question of why their wasn't a Emily/Stephen panel. I don't see how asking a question is rude?

• Love 2
(edited)
23 hours ago, Chaser said:

It looks like they may have canceled one of the SA and KC photo ops at HVFF London. I'm not sure why, it was listed as sold out.

Yeah its weird. 

Also,regarding the panel schedule, i think that its not just up to the con organizers but also the actors. There is a chance that Emily and Melissa didnt want a solo panel. I do believe that SA didnt want to do more than one panel so he has a solo one instead. I cant blame people who pay for complaining,but i personally dont think this is entirely the con's fault. 

Edited by theOAfc
(edited)
12 minutes ago, theOAfc said:

I cant blame people who pay for complaining,but i personally dont think this is entirely the con's fault. 

No, it may not be, but it's personally a pet peeve of mine when businesses treat paying customers like they are doing them a great favor by providing a service that was paid for, especially when it seems targeted at a specific fan demo. 

Edited by leopardprint
  • Love 15
Just now, leopardprint said:

No, it may not be, but it's personally a pet peeve of mine when businesses treat paying customers like they are doing them a great favor by providing a service that was paid for, especially when it seems targeted at a specific fan demo. 

Yeah and the guy was acting like he and the actors were doing this for purely altruistic reasons when there was an article in the Hollywood Reporter which both referenced and quoted Stephen and reported he makes up to $250,000 a weekend, so yeah, I can only imagine what the owners making off fans, so yeah...telling fans to "be grateful" is tone deaf TBH. And the guy could have chosen better words and just left it rather then keep engaging.

As an aside I had to chuckle that Stephen got pressed by that Hollywood Reporter article after he agreed to be interviewed in the first place haha. 

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, LeighAn said:

As an aside I had to chuckle that Stephen got pressed by that Hollywood Reporter article after he agreed to be interviewed in the first place haha. 

I get him being a little pressed over it - just the headline about taking home "garbage bags of $20s" and the slant of it may not be ultimately how he thought it would be presented.

(edited)
8 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

I get him being a little pressed over it - just the headline about taking home "garbage bags of $20s" and the slant of it may not be ultimately how he thought it would be presented.

From memory he said in a Facebook video I think (?) that he thought it was going to be a look at the world of cons  or something aka a fluff piece and he denied he makes $250,000. Personally I believe the Hollywood Reporter more then Stephens denials. But his answers came across (framed to be) super cocky.

But Stephen that's why you have PR agents/Publicists to either provide statements in lieu of quotes or to tell you how to answer questions that won't come back to bite ya *shrug* 

Edited by LeighAn
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, LeighAn said:

From memory he said in a Facebook video I think (?) that he thought it was going to be a look at the world of cons  or something aka a fluff piece and he denied he makes $250,000.

Okay, then it makes sense that he was upset by the article? I'm not debating how much he makes or whether or not it's true - just that yeah, I can see why that would be upsetting and is definitely a reason why having PR is a good thing.

(edited)

TBH, on the one hand I kind of admire SA's hustle (especially because I'm not optimistic about dude's acting career post Arrow) on the other hand it's like, promoting your business on nationally televised charity events? Simmer down. I don't see him building something like The Honest Co or Jessica Simpson's fashion empire but if someone had asked me if the Jessicas would be the faces of near billion dollar companies, I would have majorly sideyed. He's kind of in a catch-22 because the product he is selling is himself so he has to cultivate the image of being accessible and that article's focus on how much money he makes probably doesn't help. 

Edited by leopardprint
  • Love 2
(edited)
9 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

Okay, then it makes sense that he was upset by the article? I'm not debating how much he makes or whether or not it's true - just that yeah, I can see why that would be upsetting and is definitely a reason why having PR is a good thing.

The fact is as soon as they asked him about earnings and how much he gets out of it- which based on his answers they did- and if he was aware that they asked Marc Guggenheim the exact same questions, he should have been perceptive enough to realise it would go on the record for the article.

There was nothing wrong with the content of the article just that it wasn't the glowing "we love our fans" fluff piece I'm sure the celebrities thought it was going to be but a "we love profiting off our fans" piece instead *shrug* 

I thought the Firefly actress they interviewed came off the worst when she went on the record of what she earns and said she'd turn down smaller cons for bigger events.

Edited by LeighAn
(edited)
7 minutes ago, LeighAn said:

There was nothing wrong with the content of the article just that it wasn't the glowing "we love our fans" fluff piece I'm sure the celebrities thought it was going to be but a "we love profiting off our fans" piece instead *shrug* 

Yes, which is why it would probably be upsetting to someone involved in it? I don't get what the issue is here, haha.

Edited by apinknightmare
9 minutes ago, leopardprint said:

TBH, on the one hand I kind of admire SA's hustle (especially because I'm not optimistic about dude's acting career post Arrow) on the other hand it's like, promoting your business on nationally televised charity events? Simmer down. I don't see him building something like The Honest Co or Jessica Simpson's fashion empire but if someone had asked me if the Jessicas would be the faces of near billion dollar companies, I would have majorly sideyed. 

Jessica Simpson I get, seeing as I'm fairly sure she just licenses out her name and I don't think actively does anything and Newly Weds was huge when it came out. 

But yeah Jessica Alba surprised me.

I am impressed by how enterprising Stephen has been both with his wine business, con stakes and charities. I'm just curious about whether that's sustainable after Arrow is over seeing as they seem to be reliant on each other.

1 minute ago, apinknightmare said:

Yes, which is why it would probably be upsetting to someone involved in it? I don't get what the issue is here, haha.

There isn't an issue- all I said was that I found Stephens reaction to the article amusing considering he agreed to it. If you have an issue that's fine but I'm chill *shrug*

1 hour ago, LeighAn said:

The tweets I saw to him weren't rude though until he made the "be grateful for what you get" comment (which I think he deleted after) and then people started calling him out. Up till then people were just tweeting simply asking the question of why their wasn't a Emily/Stephen panel. I don't see how asking a question is rude?

I'd have to go back and look but it seemed like they kept pestering even after he answered them.

2 hours ago, Trisha said:

And on the other side, a few Olicity fans saying they were afraid of a few KC fans was also a bad move. Bad moves on both sides. 

WhenI saw that i both winced and laughed. The accounts they talked about didnt seem geared towards as being a "kc"fan and were gone rather quickly. Going a bit over the top to get EBR/KC separated due to personal preference. 

52 minutes ago, LeighAn said:

I am impressed by how enterprising Stephen has been both with his wine business, con stakes and charities. I'm just curious about whether that's sustainable after Arrow is over seeing as they seem to be reliant on each other.

The con will definitely continue to be profitable after Arrow ends. Especially if he can get previous DC actors to show up from Smallville etc...

(edited)
3 hours ago, Trisha said:

And on the other side, a few Olicity fans saying they were afraid of a few KC fans was also a bad move. Bad moves on both sides. 

Did they say there were afraid of KC fans or concerned that Emily will be in the same room as KC fans, some of whom in the past have sent her threatening messages severe enough for the network to ask about her security? Not trying to paint all KC fans with broad strokes here and the chances of those who have threatened Emily being in that room is probably very small, but why risk it is their thinking, I guess. I just think it's a bad move in general to put those two actresses together, just because I fear it's going to be so awkward. 

Olicity fans wouldn't have been as pissed if HVFF didn't brag during/after the COH fiasco that they'll do right by them with photo ops and separate panels featuring the two. And seriously, just from a business standpoint, you have the actors of the most popular ship in the DCTV universe and you don't plan for a panel? How short-sighted is that? 

Edited by SmallScreenDiva
  • Love 2
(edited)
10 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

The con will definitely continue to be profitable after Arrow ends. Especially if he can get previous DC actors to show up from Smallville etc...

I think both the con and(especially) his wine business will struggle after arrow. Maybe he is gonna be able to cash a lot for 1-2 years after arrow by doing cons but it will eventually struggle. Lets not forget that his is the biggest draw for all the hvff cons so far and once the show is over ,he is gonna eventuallly lose plenty of popularity,since arrow is the main reason he became popular in the first place. Once he stops selling,his con will stop drawing people which means he will find it hard to convince DC actors to appear on the con. Unless he gets lucky and books a role on another popular show or a movie that becomes a hit right after arrow is over.

I got to say,Stephen knows that his popularity is mainly based on arrows popularity which is why he is very smart and nails the social media bussiness. He has created a strong following on his facebook page,one that is willing to pay for him and most of his projects(code 8 is a nice example) because he tries to make sure that after arrow,he will still have a powerfull media presence. He literally did a movie because of his media popularity. Even if his popularity drops after arrow(which will obviously happen) he will still manage to maintain a group of people willing to pay for him for many years. I think one of the reasons that he would be willing to renew his contract for arrow in order to do more than 7 seasons is because his wine bussiness as well as his con will stop selling that much after arrow and he probably knows that. 

Edited by theOAfc
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

Did they say there were afraid of KC fans or concerned that Emily will be in the same room as KC fans, some of whom in the past have sent her threatening messages severe enough for the network to ask about her security? Not trying to paint all KC fans with broad strokes here and the chances of those who have threatened Emily being in that room is probably very small, but why risk it is their thinking, I guess. I just think it's a bad move in general to put those two actresses together, just because I fear it's going to be so awkward.

Both. Twitter fans be cray but thisis not the first time KC/EBR were at a panel together. Personally i think they were just trying to use any excuse to pry the two apart.

1 hour ago, LeighAn said:

There isn't an issue- all I said was that I found Stephens reaction to the article amusing considering he agreed to it. If you have an issue that's fine but I'm chill *shrug*

I wasn't implying that you and I have an issue - I just was confused about why you were amused about him being upset while you were posting reasons (like the article being something completely different than he might've agreed to) that a person would reasonably be upset, that's all. 

12 minutes ago, theOAfc said:

I think one of the reasons that he would be willing to renew his contract for arrow in order to do more than 7 seasons is because his wine bussiness as well as his con will stop selling that much after arrow and he probably knows that. 

I think his con business will be fine for a while, but honestly I'm surprised his wine business is doing as well as it seems to be - when he and his partner did a profile for the NYT last year I couldn't believe they had as many members as they do (assuming they were telling the truth, which...who knows). Then again, like you wrote - he has a strong online following and they seem to be willing to buy into pretty much whatever he sells.

• Love 1

This might be petty but I'm hoping that they asked Emily lots of Olicity questions just for Katie- Oliver and Laurel are soul mates forever in my head- Cassidys reaction haha. 

• Love 5
9 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

I think his con business will be fine for a while, but honestly I'm surprised his wine business is doing as well as it seems to be - when he and his partner did a profile for the NYT last year I couldn't believe they had as many members as they do (assuming they were telling the truth, which...who knows). Then again, like you wrote - he has a strong online following and they seem to be willing to buy into pretty much whatever he sells.

FWIW, I've heard anecdotally that both the wine business and con business sales are down. Also the wine business cracks me up because many of the RHOwherever have them but hey the Kardashians have built a cash printing empire off Social Media. I wouldn't be surprised to see him with a reality show TBH. 

The JS/EBR/KC panel just seems weird because they had one brief scene together this season so I can't imagine they have spent a lot of time with JS. 

12 minutes ago, LeighAn said:

This might be petty but I'm hoping that they asked Emily lots of Olicity questions just for Katie- Oliver and Laurel are soul mates forever in my head- Cassidys reaction haha. 

It is but somehow i don't think she will care. She already knew L/O was done before she left the show. If anything i can see her joking around about Olicity ans it causing outrage.

4 minutes ago, leopardprint said:

The JS/EBR/KC panel just seems weird because they had one brief scene together this season so I can't imagine they have spent a lot of time with JS. 

This is also one of the few times majority of the cast was absent from a big con. They really didn't have a choice unless SA was willing to give up his solo panel. But panels never seen to really rely on actors having spent large amount of time together. If anything they can just draw from the week they all filmef together. Should be interesting. 

• Love 1

I don't see why Emily wouldn't want to do a panel with Stephen or do a solo panel. She had two Solo panels last year in London. I think she would've worked with whatever was given to her.

I do believe the issue was scheduling and the amount of guests they invited. It would have either been an SA/EBR panel or SA with Josh and Katie, and since SA is sort of like the face of HVFF, I get why he would get a solo panel. And it makes sense why JB always gets one as well esp at a con in the UK. 

I did however see other fans that had legitimate concerns, like only being there for one day and not being able to see any arrow panel since both are on sunday or some saying they have photo ops scheduled on sunday and they're worried about missing the panels etc. 

So they should've addressed these concerns professionally instead of being defensive. And it's good news that he said someone has the potential to crash stephen's panel and I'd love it if it's either Emily or Josh.

I think Josh and Emily will get blunt of the questions at their panel, so I am not worried. However KC has a history of butting in and not letting others speak at panels so that is a thing to not look forward to.

• Love 7

I think if SA joined the others the panel would have made more sense bit panels don't pay..

I guess the group panel could be fun if the actors get along and can joke around because their characters don't share basically anything so there isn't much they can discuss that isn't about their own character or for JS and Emily themselves and Oliver..

I remember a lot of the fandom thinking it would just be a fake out. But that's an outside perspective. I'm kind of surprised she thought it. 

I wonder if she knew EBR was told early on that she was safe. That would be a big hint that they were serious if they were reassuring some people and not others.

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, Chaser said:

I wonder if she knew EBR was told early on that she was safe. That would be a big hint that they were serious if they were reassuring some people and not others.

When was EBR told she was safe? Did she say that during a panel? I feel like this is the first I'm hearing about anyone knowing they were safe other than SA. 

40 minutes ago, strikera0 said:

Footage of KC's panel at MCM Germany:

McM Comic Con Hannover│KATIE CASSIDY 20MIN OF HER PANEL

It looks like she didn't see Laurel's death coming at all. 

She thought it was cop out which her. Probably thought it'd be a reoccurring character.

2 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

When was EBR told she was safe? Did she say that during a panel? I feel like this is the first I'm hearing about anyone knowing they were safe other than SA. 

Yeah SA was the only one who knew who was safe and who was in jeopardy (though their stories have changed from no one knew, everyone was in consideration, to these people were safe from the beginning)  

(edited)

Transcribed from above video of KC panel at MCM Hannover Comic Con on May 20...

-- KC talked about how hard it was to shoot Laurel's death scene in S4. She also talked about Laurel's journey in S2 and S3. She felt like she was saying good-bye to her castmates. Then she teased that in the Arrowverse, "no one's really gone, without spoiling too much." She then talked about playing Black Siren.

-- When asked about her auditioning for Arrow (fan recited the audition process), KC replied that's how it normally works but then said: "I had been on The CW for quite some time, uh, before that, working for them on Supernatural and Melrose Place and Gossip Girl, you know, and having done those things, I felt like, being part of The CW, I was a part of their family. So, when I read the script, um, my process was a little bit different because I had an established - I had a relationship with the creators and the producers. I knew them, they knew me quite well. So when I read the script, I immediately was, like, I'm not reading anything else, this is the one I want. That really stressed my manager and agent out, because you never really know if you end up being the - you know, being the one who's going to get it. I was just like, I don't want to read anything else. This is the one that I want to go for. So, they - I had a meeting with them and then basically, just a - like a screen test. And did it. I was extremely nervous, but did it anyhow. And ended up - yeah, I ended up finding out later that night that I was - I was the one who got the part."

-- When asked if she knew from the beginning that there would be "a transformation from Laurel the Lawyer to the Black Canary," KC replied: "Uh, yes. I did know that. They didn't tell me when, though. They just said, you know, this is what we have in store for you, what - where we see this character going. And, I really wanted to do action. I was really excited, obviously, once it happened. Um, but, you know, I - I like working out and, you know, I was looking forward to the transition. So, yes, they did pitch it to me. They just didn't tell me when it was going to happen. But I think it all happened the way it was supposed to happen."

-- When asked about training for the fight scenes, KC replied: "Yeah, um. I did a lot of martial arts training and kick boxing, actually... I loved it. It was awesome. I remember after, you know, a few months and then also having to put muscle on. Um, working out really hard and then being in fight training. Actually, I was - it was over my hiatus. I was going - working with Tom. I was doing, you know, martial arts stuff and - and seriously, learning how to fight. I remember that - there was a day where I felt like - when I was going out, like, with some friends or something to dinner - I just remember, like, I felt a little bit taller in a way. I also felt really good, because I was, like, nobody better mess with me because I can actually kick somebody's ass right now. (Laughs) So that was a really cool feeling, to know that you can - self-defense... I don't know. It certainly felt good. And something I still keep up, and I love doing, and has become a part of my lifestyle, which is great, because it works for these characters."

-- When asked how many of the stunt scenes are really her (as opposed to her stunt double), KC replied: "Um, well, for the most part, they let me do a lot. However... they're not going to let me jump off a building. So, um, I had a stunt double. Her name was Atlin, who's phenomenal. But, for the most part, you know, when there are fight scenes, they'll - they'll let us do some of it. But, at the end of the day, you know, insurance and they can't obviously risk if I were to get hurt, or fall off a building or something. You know, those really crazy shots? Those are definitely not me. But, you know, look, we'll get close-ups. And when you do see fight stuff that's just, you know, basic kick boxing or working with the night sticks, a lot of that is. So it just sort of depends on the circumstances."

-- On how long it takes to shoot one of these action scenes, KC: "Action scenes actually, surprisingly, don't take that long, because we have such an amazing stunt crew. Um, stunt coordinator, who is also one of our directors - his name's Bam Bam - he's James Bamford. He's fantastic." She also said that they have to "get through 60 pages, 50 pages, in nine shooting days... So, essentially shooting an hour movie in nine days. Big action movie... Well-oiled machine."

-- When asked for funny stories from the set, KC related a JB story: she was shooting a crying scene (during her addiction storyline) and they were in between set-ups. But she liked to stay in the dark place between shots. She got a text message. JB, who wasn't even in the episode, had sent her multiple pics of his naked ass all over her trailer. She showed the pics to SA, who was like, "oh god." She said that JB lightened up the set on a show which tended to be dark.

-- Fan said that he really liked her "plot" with SA and always wanted "their relationship" to work out (I'm assuming he meant Laurel and Oliver), and asked if it was her decision to leave the show. KC replied: "No, it definitely - it was definitely more of a... producer's decision, you know. Um, it's funny, because the whole season, every one of our cast, they - we would talk. Everybody would be like, 'who's in the grave? who's in the grave? who's in the grave?' I remember just - I was never really worried. [Unintelligible words] No one's in the grave. Who cares? Like, we're in this universe, you know. I didn't really ever - and maybe that was, you know, silly on my part. I don't know. It was - it was solely just the producers' and writers' decision. And... needing more writing material. I think that you kill off a main character, that gives you so much - all the other characters react to that. It's like a platform to write so much more. So, again, like from a producing standpoint and writing standpoint, I understood their - the decision. Um, I was not necessarily happy with it. Um, everything happens for a reason. I truly believe that. And, you know, it - it's led me to more and different - I don't want to spoil anything for you guys... It's branched off in a way that I'm very happy about. And I think you guys will be too. So even though it was hard during the time, hearing that I was the one that was in the grave, I was like, 'uhgh, I can't believe I even...' - I was like, 'I thought no one was in the grave, you're telling me now I'm in the grave?' And it was a tough decision, I think, but overall, you know, it - it was the right one and it's led me to a really awesome opportunity, and not necessarily gone. So, keep watching."

-- When asked whether she preferred playing a good character or a bad character, KC replied that they were all "awesome badass women" that she got to portray, all different, and that she couldn't choose because she had so much fun playing "every single one." She added that she's probably most attached to Laurel Lance/Black Canary because she was that character for four years. She also said that she got to keep the leather jacket.

-- When asked about having enough time for her acting career, her blog, her instagram etc., KC said that it was tough and hard to explain even to her family because they don't understand. They shoot 10 months out of the year in Vancouver, Canada, but her family's in Los Angeles. KC: "They don't quite understand, you know, unfortunately, your personal life - it does take a back seat for a little bit. And - and right now, my career's what I'm focused on and what's important - important to me. I mean, my personal life is too, but I think that it is very time consuming and it's taken some time for my friends and family to try to wrap their head around everything. Because, yes, there's so many things that I want to do. I want to write. I want to direct. I - you know, I have my blog, which I love. Um, I love - I just love creating.  And - and I love fashion. And I love architecture. So there's just so many things I'd love to do. And I absolutely - it's one of the things with the blog like - thankfully, I have Lindsey, my business partner, because without her, it wouldn't exist. She's - this is solely what she can focus on, so when I have the opportunity, and I'm not focused on, you know, shooting or acting, I can - I get to pay more attention to other things, just not necessarily as much. And - I just wish there was more time, more hours in the day." She would like to do more with the blog, but Lindsey has a husband and a child, and can't go on the road with her. KC also said that she thinks she'll have "more time to give to [her blog] this next year."

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 4
17 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

IIRC (and I might not be at all), she said at COH2 that she was told SA, GG and Her were the only ones safe. I think it was in one of the lounges.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, Chaser said:

IIRC (and I might not be at all), she said at COH2 that she was told SA, GG and Her were the only ones safe. I think it was in one of the lounges.

Yes. I remember it too.

16 minutes ago, tv echo said:

-- When asked how many of the stunt scenes are really her (as opposed to her stunt double), KC replied: "Um, well, for the most part, they let me do a lot. However... they're not going to let me jump off a building. So, um, I had a stunt double. Her name was Atlin, who's phenomenal. But, for the most part, you know, when there are fight scenes, they'll - they'll let us do some of it. But, at the end of the day, you know, insurance and they can't obviously risk if I were to get hurt, or fall off a building or something. You know, those really crazy shots? Those are definitely not me. But, you know, look, we'll get close-ups. And when you do see fight stuff that's just, you know, basic kick boxing or working with the night sticks, a lot of that is. So it just sort of depends on the circumstances."

• Love 5

I can forgive Germany for asking some of the questions they did (that have been asked every single con) but I would be perfectly content w/out hearing about Barrowmans ass prank and the working out. They have stories that stick out in their mind which is fine but it's like....I've heard these same quesitons/answers more times then I have rewatched the show lol.

(edited)
6 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

The question asked for something funny that happened on set. It's not Germany's fault that KC only ever tells that particular story. 

I didn't say it was their fault. All of them ever tell one particular story for majority of their questions which I am tired of them doing and wish they would change it up.

Edited by Primal Slayer

I would like all actresses - actually everyone involved in the entertainment industry - to eliminate the word "badass" from their vocabulary when discussing strong women characters.

• Love 21
30 minutes ago, Midnight Lullaby said:

Yes. I remember it too.

I double checked. It was during one of her panels at the Con. Other ones about how she felt safe from the start too.

You would think after 5 years on a show, there would be more than like three stories too tell. Arrow cast just kind of fails in that department.

.... or all the good ones can't be mentioned in public. Lol

• Love 5