Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

(edited)

She has a really nice singing voice. I don't mind patreon. I'm a patron for BGN and would be open supporting others for content I enjoy. 

Edited by JJ928
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, JJ928 said:

I don't mind patreon

Me neither. 

Plus, Travis wasn't just out begging for money for nothing. That video didn't conjure itself into existence. Given his other videos, I'm guessing he filmed it, did some sound mixing and editing on it himself. If someone's putting out content, I don't think there's anything wrong with them pointing the people who watch it (and are likely enjoying it for free) to some kind of site to compensate them for it if the viewer wants to do that.

• Love 12
(edited)

That's a nice cover. I'm not a huge fan of the song, but I like the way they slowed it down and gave it a different vibe. She has a great acoustic voice. I'm not a big fan of his vocal. Too much falsetto.  

Edited by Chaser
  • Love 6

Non-spoilery questions and answers from MG's Tumblr.

Actors:

cohanbett asked:

I'll keep sending messages until you answer one haha, how is Emily on set as a person and how is she as an actress? She seems a joy to work with but also such a sweet and caring person

She’s incredibly sweet and down to earth.  A wonderful, grounded person.  As an actress, well, obviously she’s incredibly talented with a remarkable sense of comic timing.

olicityinlove asked:

What do you have to say about adding Juliana to the cast? I REALLY love her.

We love her too.  And she’s a lovely person to boot.

Characters:

hotsforlaurel asked:

What languages does Oliver know fluently?

English, Chinese, Russian.

geniewithwifi asked:

Hey marc! I have a burning question. in 5x20, did Oliver/Felicity have unprotected sex, or did Oliver have a condom handy? Felicity wouldn't have the shot cause she hates needles. Is she on the pill? This was before Billy so why would she be? Does she have an IUD? I would love to have an answer to this :) Thanks Marc! You're awesome!

I so, so, SO want to answer this, but I can’t think of anything that wouldn’t get me into some kind of trouble… ;)

hotsforlaurel asked:

I'm really enjoying the relationship b/w Quentin & Rene! Its like a weird son-father-friend relationship with them bickering and arguing like kids haha!

I love that relationship.  Trying to get a spinoff picked up…

smoakinelli asked:

I just really want to commend you guys on Dinah Drake. She fits in with the team so seamlessly since she was brought in. Dinah (& Rene) have been amazing additions to the Arrow family. Rick and Juliana are doing a great job. I can't wait to see more of them in season six.

So glad!  We feel the same!

Production:

cohanbett asked:

Hello :) I've been loving Felicity's clothes this season, they've always been fab but s4/5 have been fantastic, it's just a shame 95% of those clothes are so expensive and hardly affordable. So I was wondering if maybe next season Felicity could wear less expensive clothes? (I'm sure this isn't your specialty haha) ((While we're at it, would love to see Emily's naturally curly hair more next season))

My line producer put you up to this, didn’t he?

ssnake42069 asked:

Does Maya Mani do costume work on commission?

You’d have to ask her, but I think we keep her too busy. :)

Various, with shade on the side:

epichawk asked:

What sounds cooler for a crossover: Injustice-type storyline or Crisis on Infinite Earths?

Crisis.

lastsonofearth asked:

You do realize that "Olicity" fans aren't the only ones who exist, right?

It’s been brought to my attention, yes.

• Love 1

I took the one about clothes as being a matter affordability for the asker. As in, she likes the costume designer's choices for Felicity and would like to be able to buy some for herself. If we're going to talk about asks, what about the super specific one about prophylactics? Felicity is obviously not pregnant and I very much doubt an STD is a storyline this show will do about its hero. It's just weird.

• Love 7
52 minutes ago, bijoux said:

I took the one about clothes as being a matter affordability for the asker. As in, she likes the costume designer's choices for Felicity and would like to be able to buy some for herself. If we're going to talk about asks, what about the super specific one about prophylactics? Felicity is obviously not pregnant and I very much doubt an STD is a storyline this show will do about its hero. It's just weird.

Yeah, of all the things to ask a producer..*cringes*

18 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

Yeah, the birth control Q is new levels of embarrassing. But also, why did he choose to answer that? I'm sure there are plenty of other Qs he could have answered instead (and ones I probably wish he had). 

Same reason why he wastes his time responding to people yelling at him.

24 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

But congrats Olicity fan for winning the weirdest, most cringe worthy question ever at this moment in time. 

Wave that flag with pride!?

• Love 6
(edited)

Holy crap, I just saw the birth control question. I think part of me just died inside. So much embarrassment. 

Does anyone else wish MG would stop answering questions? I preferred it when he was silent tbh. Haha.

Edited by Guest
(edited)

Yeah, it's pretty telling that MG would rather answer questions about birth control than the prospects of some potential female friendships on his show. Not that I am surprised by any of this. It's pretty obvious that this particular writing staff isn't interested in exploring it's female characters like that. 

Edited by shadow2008
1 hour ago, shadow2008 said:

Yeah, it's pretty telling that MG would rather answer questions about birth control than the prospects of some potential female friendships on his show. Not that I am surprised by any of this. It's pretty obvious that this particular writing staff isn't interested in exploring it's female characters like that. 

I believe he has answered couple of questions about that and even suggestions for them to have undercover missions next season.

• Love 1

Oh sure, now MG realizes Oliver is supposed to be fluent in "Chinese."  Didn't feel that way during season three when he answered my ask.  For that matter, didn't show him learning it well at all.  Whatever, Marc, whatever. I'm not bitter; you're bitter!

• Love 8

Are those weights really in kilograms?  Wow.  I wonder if he would be willing to move some furniture in my house for me.

The book EBR is reading, What Alice Forgot, sounds interesting.

Alice Love is twenty-nine, crazy about her husband, and pregnant with her first child. So imagine Alice’s surprise when she comes to on the floor of a gym (a gym! She HATES the gym) and is whisked off to the hospital where she discovers the honeymoon is truly over—she’s getting divorced, she has three kids, and she’s actually 39 years old. Alice must reconstruct the events of a lost decade, and find out whether it’s possible to reconstruct her life at the same time. She has to figure out why her sister hardly talks to her, and how is it that she’s become one of those super skinny moms with really expensive clothes. Ultimately, Alice must discover whether forgetting is a blessing or a curse, and whether it’s possible to start over...

• Love 3
6 hours ago, Primal Slayer said:

Same reason why he wastes his time responding to people yelling at him.

Its easier to reply to dumb Qs than to well thought questions with actual criticism and smart points.

1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

Are those weights really in kilograms?  Wow.  I wonder if he would be willing to move some furniture in my house for me.

It says 200lbs, so it's pounds. Still damn impressive.

Maybe he's keeping in shape in case the show ever has him lug around SA again. ?

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Velocity23 said:

Um. Wow. We don't talk about DR's arms enough. I'm gonna start. My eyes appreciate them very much. The end! ;P

(edited)
4 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

Um. Wow. We don't talk about DR's arms enough. I'm gonna start. My eyes appreciate them very much. The end! ;P

Ahem! Speak for yourself. Offended. Diggle's arms are two of my top five fave Flarrowverse characters. 

Edited by leopardprint
  • Love 6
10 hours ago, insomniadreams88 said:

Yeah, the birth control Q is new levels of embarrassing. But also, why did he choose to answer that? I'm sure there are plenty of other Qs he could have answered instead (and ones I probably wish he had). 

"I so, so, SO want to answer this,"

What weirds me out more is that MG wanted to answer.

• Love 6
(edited)

What actually throws me is that most of my female friends are on birth control for one reason or another,  and only one is in the post college age where its because she doesn't want kids.   Plenty of my friends just don't want acne or messed up cycles amongst other things.   You also don't just stop taking your pills because you break up with a guy,  it's medicine,  you're supposed to take it. 

Edited by Delphi
  • Love 13

MG on 522:

felictiyqueen asked:

In the first scene with Thea and Oliver (when he was talking about his date with Felicity), did Thea already know about the birthday party? Because if she did, she kept teasing him about a date she knew was a birthday party. ? It was cute. (Also, Thea supporting olicity was cute)

Of course she knew about the birthday party.  And of course she loves teasing her big brother.  :)

flowerandsunshine asked:

Was the last scene in 5x22 of Felicity leaving Oliver at the bunker to go with John ad-libbed? We kinda see them holding each other's hands but it looks like the scene wasn't planned to be that way from the camera angle.

It was’t ad-libbed.  We writers work for a living, y’know… ;)

collectielyuncollected asked:

also, excuse me sir, but all those lingering looks shared between Oliver and Felicity tonight were UNCALLED FOR. (and by uncalled for, I really mean, YES SO CALLED FOR). I was struggling with their separation this season, but I'm really liking the way they're slowly rebuilding! Kudos to you all!

I love this post.

splitsunshine asked:

The Lord Mesa cake was a wonderful touch. Who came up with it?

That was a writers room special.

ninjahackergoddesssmoak asked:

How heavy was the gun Emily had to lift?

I honestly don’t know.

fathxr asked:

Nyssa and Oliver were married through the League, correct? If the League was disbanded, shouldn't Nyssa and Oliver no longer be joined in matrimony under their law? Why does Nyssa still call him husband?

If I get married in Nevada and Nevada is subsumed into the rest of the union, I’m still married.

hotsforlaurel asked:

Just saw the sneek peak to 5x22 and fuck you. You guys are bringing back the olicity trash. Please don't.

Well, since you asked so nicely…

deenicejayquilin asked:

Hey Marc, Two things. One, I love x-men gold, and I'm sorry about the whole artist draks keep up the good work. Secondly, why does everyone that works at arrow insist on shoving olicity down the throats of arrow viewers? I'm legitimately confused on the appeal.

1) Thank you so much for reading.  I appreciate it.

2) I don’t know what to tell you except that there are people involved with the show (including me) who feel like Stephen and Emily have chemistry together.

fight--for--now asked:

Oh Marc, ignore the haters, you know the reason they claim to hate a certain relationship has to do with their own personal beliefs in canon an the like. The great thing is there's lots of love out there right now for this relationship including comic fans actually (you'd be surprised, they just aren't shouting it like others). Keep up the great work.

Thank you!  We’ll try!

sirouslysirensarecalling asked:

Was that Laurel/Oliver scene at the end of tonight's episode just a one-off or will it have deeper meaning in the upcoming season? PLEASE answer this, Marc. I've asked you so many questions about Lauriver and you always ignore them.

As part of the flashback, the Laurel/Oliver scene was designed to help set up their reunion once Oliver returned to Starling City – i.e., the Pilot.

primal-slayer asked:

I have to say....you got me with this episode. Black Siren had me all over the place with her deceit that isn't deceit but is it deceit???idk. Katie/Paul were great as usual. Thanks for making sure to show that she isn't just a one note villain.

All the credit goes to Katie and Paul who have always brought out the best in each other.

nessafra asked:

Have you seen Emily singing "sunday morning" with Travis Atreo? Amazing! What do yiu think of an music episode of Arrow?

I have!  And it’s great!

I’m generally not in favor of a musical episode of Arrow.  Flash did it so well and if we were to do a “concept” episode, I’m inclined to do something that hasn’t been done.

MG on 522:

felictiyqueen asked:

In the first scene with Thea and Oliver (when he was talking about his date with Felicity), did Thea already know about the birthday party? Because if she did, she kept teasing him about a date she knew was a birthday party. ? It was cute. (Also, Thea supporting olicity was cute)

Of course she knew about the birthday party.  And of course she loves teasing her big brother.  :)

flowerandsunshine asked:

Was the last scene in 5x22 of Felicity leaving Oliver at the bunker to go with John ad-libbed? We kinda see them holding each other's hands but it looks like the scene wasn't planned to be that way from the camera angle.

collectielyuncollected asked:

also, excuse me sir, but all those lingering looks shared between Oliver and Felicity tonight were UNCALLED FOR. (and by uncalled for, I really mean, YES SO CALLED FOR). I was struggling with their separation this season, but I'm really liking the way they're slowly rebuilding! Kudos to you all!

I love this post.

splitsunshine asked:

The Lord Mesa cake was a wonderful touch. Who came up with it?

That was a writers room special.

ninjahackergoddesssmoak asked:

How heavy was the gun Emily had to lift?

I honestly don’t know.

fathxr asked:

Nyssa and Oliver were married through the League, correct? If the League was disbanded, shouldn't Nyssa and Oliver no longer be joined in matrimony under their law? Why does Nyssa still call him husband?

If I get married in Nevada and Nevada is subsumed into the rest of the union, I’m still married.

hotsforlaurel asked:

Just saw the sneek peak to 5x22 and fuck you. You guys are bringing back the olicity trash. Please don't.

Well, since you asked so nicely…

deenicejayquilin asked:

Hey Marc, Two things. One, I love x-men gold, and I'm sorry about the whole artist draks keep up the good work. Secondly, why does everyone that works at arrow insist on shoving olicity down the throats of arrow viewers? I'm legitimately confused on the appeal.

1) Thank you so much for reading.  I appreciate it.

2) I don’t know what to tell you except that there are people involved with the show (including me) who feel like Stephen and Emily have chemistry together.

fight--for--now asked:

Oh Marc, ignore the haters, you know the reason they claim to hate a certain relationship has to do with their own personal beliefs in canon an the like. The great thing is there's lots of love out there right now for this relationship including comic fans actually (you'd be surprised, they just aren't shouting it like others). Keep up the great work.

Thank you!  We’ll try!

sirouslysirensarecalling asked:

Was that Laurel/Oliver scene at the end of tonight's episode just a one-off or will it have deeper meaning in the upcoming season? PLEASE answer this, Marc. I've asked you so many questions about Lauriver and you always ignore them.

As part of the flashback, the Laurel/Oliver scene was designed to help set up their reunion once Oliver returned to Starling City – i.e., the Pilot.

primal-slayer asked:

I have to say....you got me with this episode. Black Siren had me all over the place with her deceit that isn't deceit but is it deceit???idk. Katie/Paul were great as usual. Thanks for making sure to show that she isn't just a one note villain.

All the credit goes to Katie and Paul who have always brought out the best in each other.

nessafra asked:

Have you seen Emily singing "sunday morning" with Travis Atreo? Amazing! What do yiu think of an music episode of Arrow?

I have!  And it’s great!

I’m generally not in favor of a musical episode of Arrow.  Flash did it so well and if we were to do a “concept” episode, I’m inclined to do something that hasn’t been done.

• Love 2

I'm sure people not keeping up with spoilers were surprised as is always the case. If anything, his temper tantrums only attracted more attention to his coming to Vancouver.

• Love 2
(edited)
40 minutes ago, bijoux said:

I'm sure people not keeping up with spoilers were surprised as is always the case. If anything, his temper tantrums only attracted more attention to his coming to Vancouver.

Absolutely. His stupid denials made it a much bigger story.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, bijoux said:

Was that Laurel/Oliver scene at the end of tonight's episode just a one-off or will it have deeper meaning in the upcoming season?

Sure it will. Oliver will remember about hallucinating Laurel and will fall in love with her evil doppelganger.

I didn't notice, was Manu in the credits?

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, looptab said:

I didn't notice, was Manu in the credits?

I went to check. He isn't. It's KC and JB as special guest stars, and Byron Mann, MM and DL as guest stars.

It's odd that KL isn't listed either.

• Love 1
22 minutes ago, bijoux said:

I went to check. He isn't. It's KC and JB as special guest stars, and Byron Mann, MM and DL as guest stars.

It's odd that KL isn't listed either.

Here's why. I imagine they wanted more than just those two to be a surprise but the other actors wanted their names in the credits more.

• Love 6
53 minutes ago, bijoux said:

Cute. Even if I think that Lord Mesa Bakery is a horrible name. That should have been the cake for the 100th episode party.

Well maybe Lord Messa Bakery doesnt make cakes big enough to fit all those attention whores who weren't even suppose to be on the stage at the cake cutting and pushed the actual main cast members out. 

Still not over it. 

• Love 11

Sometimes I seriously question the accuracy of statements like this. 

Also,  I really wish he'd stop answering questions from whoever the hell 'hotsforlaurel' is.  They are so toxic. 

• Love 6
(edited)

Also from MG tumblr yesterday...

jhopq asked:
Of all the DC heroes, what made you choose The Green Arrow to make a show of?

Greg Berlanti had a really great idea for how to do Green Arrow for television.

Edited by tv echo
1 hour ago, Delphi said:

Sometimes I seriously question the accuracy of statements like this. 

I think Marcs jelly that people give Stephen and Emily more credit for the shows success with Olicity then his writing. Truth hurts.

7 minutes ago, tv echo said:

Famous last words?

Supernatural has a loyal fanbase that was willing to follow them 8 times and correct me if I'm wrong on average had more veiwership then Arrow this season. I'm guessing Marc thinks Arrow has as loyal a fanbase as Supernatural I guess this move will test his theory. 

I don't know I'm taking the move to be honest as the net work prioritising Riverdale and giving them a chance in a new timeslot then I see it as a move in benefit of Arrow. 

Time will tell.

• Love 1