Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

3 minutes ago, Starfish35 said:

But I feel a little bad about it too because it seems to be mocking ER, and I'm both a little uncomfortable with that and also finding it hilarious. 

No, I don't think they're mocking her. I think mockingly saying "hashtag blessed" is a pretty common thing to do. At least it is 'round my parts. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Soulfire said:

CoLOMskWEAAzfAS.jpg

Confession: After some of the reporters last year and some of the nastiness going on, I was concerned for EBR/FS reception.

Looks like that concern wasn't needed. 

• Love 7
(edited)
20 hours ago, tv echo said:

No spoilers in this half of the Arrow panel (includes Arrow cast singing Hamilton and Happy Birthday to EBR) - still waiting for video of the full panel to be posted on youtube...

SDCC 2016 - The Arrow Panel Q&A
Published on Jul 24, 2016, by Cloud9Life

Video of the spoilery first half of the Arrow panel at SDCC has been posted on page 40 of the Spoilers thread, but included in that video are the following nonspoilery bits:

-- Mod said that he solicited questions for this panel on twitter and that "the predominant question had something to do with a little thing called Olicity."

-- On Olicity's MTV SOTY win, MG: "Thanks to all the fans online who worked really, really hard to make that happen."  SA: "9.6 million votes."

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
(edited)

The FULL Arrow panel at SDCC on July 23 (in three parts)  - Part 1 was previously posted in the Spoilers thread (page 40) and Parts 2 & 3 were previously posted in this thread, but here they are together in one place and in order... 

ARROW Comic Con 2016 Panel  - Part 1  (SPOILERS!)

ARROW Comic Con 2016 Panel - Part 2

ARROW Comic Con 2016 Panel - Part 3

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
(edited)

This PaleyFest Arrow panel is from March 9, 2013, but I only came across these videos recently and had never seen them before (panel members are Geoff Johns, Greg Berlanti, Susanna Thompson, KC, SA, DR, MG and AK) - posted by The Paley Center for Media on youtube...

Arrow - Andrew Kreisberg and Marc Guggenheim Talk About the Popularity of Felicity's Character

GJ: "One of the, uh, new additions to the show and she's a series regular next season is Felicity Smoak. (Applause) So can you guys talk a little bit about - this is a minor supporting cast member from the Fury of Firestorm comic book. It has nothing to do - (someone claps) - which is great, but - ... How did you go from that to a regular in the Green Arrow show? ... And are you surprised by it? Because, you know, she has blown up - obviously, people really respond to her."
MG: "Less surprised than gratified, I think."
AK: "It's really all because of Emily. I mean, truthfully, you know, we wrote that as a - you know, we never intended to, 'hey, we're introducing a new recurring character who one day is going to find out Oliver Queen's secret.'  It was just, 'oh, Oliver needed to go to an IT girl, and we decided to make it somebody, you know in Queen Consolidated, and we gave her a little bit of edge, which we thought was fun. And Marc and I saw like - you know, the casting people, they send you the videos of the readings of the, you know, people who come in to read, and she was clearly the best one. And we did it once and, you know, what's going to happen. And, you know, we were watching, you know - sometimes we'll watch the show like with twitter - (MG interjected, "And by 'sometimes,' we mean every week") - and that first episode that she was on, like all of a sudden, it was like, 'hey, who's the blonde IT girl? who's the blonde IT girl?' And, you know, then we were getting feedback from, you know - Peter Roth, who's the President of Warner Brothers, called us and said, 'I love the blonde computer girl.' - (general laughter) - And, um, that first scene with her became proof of concept for what she could be because, you know, Stephen was so funny in that scene, you know, that first scene with her."
SA: "I don't think that my character had cracked a smile, you know, before episode 3 when I saw her. And we were shooting that - I remember calling you guys afterwards. I started saying, 'Emily was really great and that was a really fun scene to shoot.' I had a - you know, I'm legitimately laughing at her as she's bubbling away, and I'm so happy, you know, it was getting lonely in the Foundry with Diggle."
DR: "It was, it was. I mean, how many sit-ups can I watch this dude so? - (general laughter) - Sad. It was very sad before Felicity."
GJ: "You know, some people might love that."

Arrow - Greg Berlanti Talks about Choosing Arrow and Casting Stephen Amell as Oliver Queen

-- On why he chose Green Arrow, GB: "Arrow was always to me, it seemed like, um, ripe for a TV show, in part because he's a crusader for social justice, which you kinda knew, uh, in the DNA of the show, it felt like, well, that's - there's many episodes of a TV series there. And I would say, the other thing that was appealing to us, uh, was - it's always exciting and interesting - was the possibility of doing an origin story. You know, in a movie you do an origin story and it's the first 20 minutes of the film. But, uh, in a series, you can do an origin - in this instance, you know, for us, it's the island - you can tell that over multiple years. And so much of the DNA of who that character was and the origin of that character and his development on that island just seemed ripe for storytelling. And then there was also, I think, the ability that he was really of our world, you know, and that he was one of us. And so there was that element of it   I think the second half of it, just the desire to, uh, you know, uh, for all of us that were involved at the outset, was our experience - (indicating GJ) our experience, and Marc's experience along with us - working together before and, uh, wanting to work together again. And then our experience working with Marc and I both, and Andrew, all came over from ABC where we had worked with Mark Pedowitz, who is at CW now, at the time. So it was really one of those great, kind of things of we all really wanted to work together and bring the character to life, and this just seemed like - he just seemed like the right one. And then, the final thing I'll say about it is, you have all those ideas and you have all those notions, but truthfully, until you have, uh, you know, the director of the pilot and your cast, uh, you don't know if you - you don't, you just have scripts, pages of a script - and you don't know if you have a TV show. And this is - we were so fortunate, from Stephen through everyone we were able to get her, and David Nutter, and everything that everybody brought to bringing it all to life, uh, was for us, that's - you know, as much as you like to think you kinda create the show, before that happens, that's really when the show is created. And, uh - and so, uh, that was incredible."

-- On casting SA as Oliver Queen and the day SA walked in, GB: "Yeah, uh, I've never actually had it happen that quickly on a show. Uh, you know, everybody ran down to my office. I said, okay,  you know, I had other things I had to go do, and said to Andrew and Marc, if you guys see someone you like, just come back. And I literally walked 10 feet away and it was like two minutes later, you guys were like knocking on my door and I'm like, 'that's - I think you're a little eager... but I'll go in and I'll see whoever.'  And we walked in and Stephen was brilliant and - there were two or three scenes he had to do and he - obviously, you know, you're looking for a couple things. You're looking for a great actor that you know can do all the emotion and all the heart and still the damage of this character. And you know that you're also going to have a character who's - he's playing a completely different character on the island. Can he do both those levels? And in addition to that, how much of the DNA of the original character does he sort of - do you feel like you're sorta seeing Oliver Queen when you're sorta around him? And we all kinda had that collective feeling. The thing I'll say is, then the show goes to get advertised and stuff, and they have him shirtless on everywhere that you can see. We did not see him without his shirt in any of the audition process, so he got it because he was a great actor. - (general laughter and applause) - That's why he got the job. He got the job because he's an incredible actor and we, um, and we felt really lucky and blessed to have him. And then in the shooting process, early on in the rehearsal process, David [Nutter] had him doing all sorts of things and we got this video sent to us of what I thought was the stunt person doing stuff, and I was like, 'well, the stunt guy's really ripped,' you know, like 'wow... [but] why is someone sending me this video?' And David said, 'no, that's Stephen.'  And thus, the salmon ladder was born... That was a discovery for us."

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 6

I may not like Curtis and definitely think his screentime could be cut massively. But Echo seems like a classy guy and his social media presence esp BTS is nice.

• Love 20
5 hours ago, Velocity23 said:

All I can think is, Donna would be so proud of Felicity for wearing those fuck me shoes. Then she would ask to borrow them for date night. Or going to the bakery.

• Love 7
17 minutes ago, Chaser said:

I have a hard time remembering they are the same age. I can't figure out who I think is older. 

If they makes any sense. Lol

*whispers* To make things possibly weirder, WH is technically older.

• Love 1
(edited)

BN talks about writing music for the DC TV show crossovers and for each of the four DC TV shows (nothing spoilery)...

--,BN: "At this point, DC clearly keeps their TV and their film universes apart. You know, there's no casting crossovers, music crossovers... Marvel combines them."

Blake Neely, JunkieXL Music Composer Interview At Comic Con #SDCC
Published on Jul 27, 2016, by Zennie62

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

Maybe this is a stupid question: Did EBR wear a nose ring at SDCC? I read that she had one but has to take it out for the show but it seems to be super tiny because in some photos I thought there is something strange about her nose and then I convinced myself it has to be a nose ring. Am I making sense? I know this is super weird but I was just watching a video of them singing at SDCC and I literally couldn't figure it out. 

Edited by Belinea