Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

2 minutes ago, Sakura12 said:

What happened in Asia? The story rings for me because of the HVFF volunteer "story".

Same thing, the volunteer's name (via her Twitter handle) is Asia so lots of jokes about him 'spending time' there, lol. 

• Love 1

I can't say I really believe more happened with the volunteer (things just didn't add up), but I wouldn't be surprised if SA was cheating. I wouldn't be surprised if anyone in the entertainment industry was sleeping around. 

On another topic, I'm disappointed we haven't gotten more BTS material from Echo. I was expecting snapchats galore. 

• Love 5
(edited)

For the lack of EK's snapchats I'm thinking 3 reasons:

1. Too busy filming since his character is now a major character.

2. They have put a gag order on the cast for BTS until SDCC or maybe longer.

3. He has the job now, so he doesn't need to kiss up to the audience or TPTB.

I'm guessing its a combination of all 3.

Edited by kismet
(edited)

That Asia person admitted to people talking to her in person and through PMs that she embellished the story to make it seem salacious when it wasn't. Though by her own account she wishes it had, nothing happened between her and SA.

Edited by Soulfire
7 minutes ago, Soulfire said:

That Asia person admitted to people talking to her in person and through PMs that she embellished the story to make it seem salacious when it wasn't. Though by her own account she wishes it had, nothing happened between her and SA.

That's a shame because it tarnishes someone else's name and makes both people look bad.

It's also why I think if SA was cheating around he would not be doing it with Arrow fans or cast, it's just too complicated and has the potential to blow up in his face.

It's like the old expression, "don't shit where you eat". I can imagine SA believing in that philosophy.

• Love 2

You'd think that would be the case for most of the celebrities, however how many stories do we hear about them sleeping with Nanny. Sleeping with the extras doesn't seem that far fetched. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, GirlvsTV said:

Same thing, the volunteer's name (via her Twitter handle) is Asia so lots of jokes about him 'spending time' there, lol. 

To which I have absolutely contributed. (Never tagging.)

The whole thing amuses me greatly.

18 minutes ago, Sakura12 said:

You'd think that would be the case for most of the celebrities, however how many stories do we hear about them sleeping with Nanny. Sleeping with the extras doesn't seem that far fetched. 

Yeah, I mean, we all think people will make smart-ish decisions, and then, very often, they...don't.

• Love 1
(edited)

"Time in Asia"? I know he was there, but why the quotation marks, were there rumors that I'm unaware of?

Edited: never mind, I didn't see the following posts.

Edited by bijoux

He opens by addressing the events in Nice briefly and extending sympathies.  He discussed his upcoming schedule for ComicCon as much as he can (he's apparently got events every day this year, but a few of the panels can't be fully revealed yet).  He took questions and gave a few small spoilers for the show.  He is wearing the Arrow leather pants and gave people a bit of a show by getting up and turning on the lights behind him.  He has a practice called "the Purge" where he suggests deleting all the contacts from your phone every two years or so.  "In the next two weeks, everyone who is important for your life will have texted or called you.  The rest of them, you don't need."  Something like that.  He is anti-Pokemon. There was a pretty cute story of a phone call he had with Emily regarding work outs.  He also addressed the negative atmosphere on his FB page, asking people to lighten up.

He says, "I'm very, very excited for this year.  5x01 and 5x02 feel goooood. 5x03 reads nice."

• Love 6
(edited)

Adding to @TrueMyth's summary, a bit more detail about the show related stuff:

- His Nerd HQ panel is on Sunday at 9AM
- Arrow panel at SDCC is on Saturday at 5:45, he doesn't know who else will be there besides him
- He'll be doing another panel on Friday, but gave no details.
- He's doing "something with people" on Thursday
- News about the flashbacks coming soon
- Tthey're on day 8 which would typically be the last day of shooting, except that they're crossboard filming 501/502. He's filming 2 more days this week and next week will be a short because of SDCC
- He's wearing the Arrow pants during the video and mentioned that the

Spoiler

suit is different this year, but not the pants

- He did an adlib today

Spoiler

for 502 that calls back to the hospital scene with Moira and the doctor in the pilot

- He doesn't have any stipulations in his contract prohibiting him from doing certain (dangerous) things in his off time
- He talked to EBR on the phone today about her workouts today (spinning, working out with Thomas from the gym the whole cast goes to) and she said she was walking very slowly because they were so tough on her

Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 2
(edited)
4 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

OMG Oliver is the new BC! They had us all fooled! ;P

? isn't that his usual mask?

I know you made a joke but I'm not getting it at the moment, haha. *look sheepishly away*

Edited by looptab
1 minute ago, looptab said:

? isn't that his usual mask?

LOL yeah. But that and his top look black.

4 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

LOL yeah. But that and his top look black.

Oh, okay.  Didn't even notice that, but I panicked for a moment that he had actually the BC mask on and I just couldn't make it out- I feared homages and whatnot, haha. Phew. :D

4 minutes ago, looptab said:

Oh, okay.  Didn't even notice that, but I panicked for a moment that he had actually the BC mask on and I just couldn't make it out- I feared homages and whatnot, haha. Phew. :D

LOL. No freakouts! It just looked all black to me. He also kinda looks like Zorro but that wouldn't be the same, haha.

1 minute ago, Angel12d said:

LOL. No freakouts! It just looked all black to me. He also kinda looks like Zorro but that wouldn't be the same, haha.

LOL I'd get behind that kind of homage :)

• Love 1

Hey guys, lately  - lurking on SA's page and elsewhere - I often came across some people using this: "BUT OLIVER!!!" in comments etc. Now, I seem to understand it's some joke against Felicity, but I really can't figure out where it came from. I can't remember any instances in which she - I imagine dramatically - said that. Does anyone know? :D

Spoiler

I think it's from 3x23 when she and Ray are trying to prevent the spread of the virus  and they have to decide between saving the city and helping Oliver. It's before she dons the ATOM suit

(edited)

Youtube version of SA's facebook video (posted yesterday)...

Some stuff he said...

-- SA:

"We are on Day 8, which typically is the last day of an episode. We are on Day 8 of 501, 502 - we cross boarded our first two episodes, which I'm actually kinda enjoying, um... but we cross boarded our first two episodes... for a variety of reasons - never done it before on the show. We flipped an episode once, but we've never done it before. And I - and I gotta say, um... it kinda feels different. It feels a lot like the pilot. I think that, uh, stylistically, thematically, um, visually, violence-y, we are getting back to some of the things that, uh, our show does really well. So from that standpoint, I'm very, very excited."

-- SA: "I have two more days this week, and then next week we have a short week. I'm actually going to be in San Diego for Comic Con for like the entire time. Working backwards, I'm doing a Nerd HQ panel - I'm not sure when tickets go on sale, but I'm sure that the people who are interested in getting tickets know better than I do, uh, but I'm doing a panel on Sunday at 9am. ... But anyway, working backwards, Saturday evening at 5:45, we'll be doing the Arrow panel. I'm not sure who all is joining me, but I will be there.  Uh, Friday, I am, uh, getting [unintelligible words] I don't want to steal anyone's thunder, I will be doing another panel on Friday - no details there.  Thursday, I'm also going to be doing something... it's a busy comic con for me." (*)

(* My wild guesses are that his Thursday thing is the Nerdist panel and that his Friday panel is the TV Guide Fan Favorites panel.)

-- SA:

"Suit's different this year, pants aren't. Whoops."

-- SA:

"I actually got to do a funny ad lib today that if you're a fan of the pilot of the show, and something that the doctor says to Moira when she first sees me about the state of my... body, I guess - uh, he's not being weird, he's being a doctor. Um, there's an actual callback to that, assuming it makes the cut in 502."

-- SA said that he doesn't have anything in his contract that prevents him from doing stuff like the body slam in his WWE Summer Slam debut.

-- SA said that he missed his workout today because he was picking up his mom at the airport, so he has a double workout "tomorrow" [today] with Thomas at T3 Athletics.  SA: "Actually, I was on the phone with Emily today and she was like, 'I went spinning and then I worked out with Thomas, and I'm walking home at a pace that's almost inappropriately slow - like I'm worried that people are going to be worried - because the workout was so hard.'"

-- SA: "Anyway, back to Arrow before we wrap up. I'm very excited. You know, uh, some of the discourse on the page, I've gotta say... lighten up, everyone should lighten up. That doesn't mean don't be critical. Criticism doesn't bother me. I'm just saying, you know, I - I don't really tend to see a lot of decorum in online discussion and that's why, you know, state your piece. There're actually a couple of critical things put below the photo that I sent out this week - actually thought one of them was quite valid, um, actually led to previously, because I thought it was a valid point, some discussion between me and the executive producers. That being said, if you don't like a point, just move on, write your own point. Come up with your own idea, positive, negative, indifferent, whatever. I'm very, very excited for this year.  

501 and 502 feel good. 503 reads nice. Cody Rhodes is very excited. I'm excited to have him on the show. Just things - things are going real well."

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2
(edited)

Nerd HQ has posted its complete "Conversation Schedule" for July 21-24...
http://registration.thenerdmachine.com/conversation-schedule 

Sunday, July 24
STEPHEN AMELL

9:00AM, Sunday July 24
The New Children's Museum
Sales begin on Jul 15, 2016 6:30 AM PDT

STEPHEN AMELL
In order to attend Nerd HQ, you must register and obtain a wristband prior to entry. Registration is FREE. Please arrive 30 minutes prior to your panel to complete registration in front of venue. You can speed up the process by pre-registering on the official Nerd HQ app, and picking up your wristband at the check-in booth.

Download the Nerd HQ app for iOS and Android to receive up-to-date information, special offers, important announcements, panel schedules, and push notifications for special appearances.

THERE IS NO LATE ENTRY. You will not be permitted to enter the panel room once the panel has begun. Please give yourself plenty of time beforehand.

Viva la Nerdolution!

The Nerd Machine Staff

Other Nerd HQ conversations:  Zachary Levi, Felicia Day, Zac & Friends, Colony cast, Drunk History cast, Nathan Fillion, Con Man cast, Teen Wolf cast, Orphan Black cast, Workaholics cast, Jai Courtney, Dirk Gently cast, Joss Whedon, Sherlock cast, Dead Rising, Supernatural cast, and Jared Padalecki.

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

I have this feeling that the board would devolve into unorganized chaos if tv echo wasn't here to organize every hint of media for us.  So thanks again!

Edited by Delphi
  • Love 12
(edited)

Don't know what to say - I just like to organize things (shrug).  So thanks (I think). ;)

Warning: I do plan to cut back some during S5 because I'm spending way too much time online, so I might not post as many episode reviews or post them as quickly as last season.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 12
(edited)

I have some mixed feelings about SDCC this year.

Pro: No KC. No LL.

Con: Negativity and lack of anything FS/EBR, DR/Diggle. 

I feel like we had more to go on last year, even though we probably didn't.

Edited by Chaser
  • Love 1
(edited)
37 minutes ago, Chaser said:

I have some mixed feelings about SDCC this year.

Pro: No KC. No LL.

Con: Negativity and lack of anything FS/EBR, DR/Diggle. 

I feel like we had more to go on last year, even though we probably didn't.

We really didn't have anything this early last year, or pre-S3 or even pre-S2.  

The only difference between now and last year was that people knew Olicity were together in S4 because of how S3 ended, so people were happily anticipating S4 while bitching about missing the initial relationship steps.

Now, we have the same amount of info for S5 but, Olicity ended S4 separate so it's all doom and gloom and nothing to look forward too.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 13

We also had interviews with the whole cast at the upfronts last year where something about Diggle and Felicity and Olicity was teased by the actors. Now the difference is there's nothing to even wonder about them, we have no teases, no speculations, nothing. And of course with the way the season ended there's no much to go on.

• Love 7
57 minutes ago, Midnight Lullaby said:

We also had interviews with the whole cast at the upfronts last year where something about Diggle and Felicity and Olicity was teased by the actors. Now the difference is there's nothing to even wonder about them, we have no teases, no speculations, nothing. And of course with the way the season ended there's no much to go on.

Sort of but, not really.  We had 2 things from DR at upfronts. Diggle would get some sort of Identity concealment and Diggle/Oliver would deal with their issues. 

We basically have the same amount and type of information for S5 that we had pre-SDCC for S4.

• Love 6
(edited)

I'm not ready to pass judgment on anything related to S5 without more information.  Everything that has already been said in the media and at various cons hasn't given me a reason to dread the new season necessarily.  Even hearing Curtis will be a regular, while giving me pause, hasn't dampened my desire to watch it.  

I was wondering why we were not seeing more EBR stuff until I remembered that she's not really one to post BTS stuff as it is.  I also don't think that not seeing her at some of these remote shoots is indicative of her presence in the first two episodes since she's most likely either A) running things back in the lair or B) involved in Palmer Tech scenes which are both filmed on sets.  

As for DR, I do think we'll see less of him in the first two episodes because I would imagine it would be hard to incorporate his military storyline scenes into the main plot of the show without making them as boring as the flashback scenes.  They have to show Team Arrow missing him in order to make a legitimate case for his return so I'm willing to give them a little leeway there.

The lack of Olicity information doesn't mean that we won't get something before the end of the season.  All it really means is that there hasn't been much movement in the first 3 episodes of a 23-episode season.  I don't expect the actors or showrunners to be playing up the O/F relationship when I doubt they really know for sure where it's going yet.  In a nutshell, I guess I'm suggesting patience which I know is hard with these showrunners but it's really the only way I know how to approach the show without going insane over the next 3 months.

Edited by NumberCruncher
  • Love 11
(edited)
1 hour ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Sort of but, not really.  We had 2 things from DR at upfronts. Diggle would get some sort of Identity concealment and Diggle/Oliver would deal with their issues. 

We basically have the same amount and type of information for S5 that we had pre-SDCC for S4.

That's still something to talk about. To speculate about. With the way the finale left things what can we talk about? We know Dig will be back in SC sooner or later but other than that what can we talk about? It's pointless to even speculate because it could go in so many different directions and we have no indication of anything.

Last year with both Diggle and Felicity we had an idea of where they were and were they were headed in at least one aspect of their lives, this year nothing. That's what makes the lack of any type of information frustrating. There's nothing to talk about.

Edited by Midnight Lullaby
  • Love 1
(edited)
13 minutes ago, Midnight Lullaby said:

That's still something to talk about. To speculate about. With the way the finale left things what can we talk about? We know Dig will be back in SC sooner or later but other than that what can we talk about? It's pointless to even speculate because it could go in so many different directions and we have no indication of anything.

Last year with both Diggle and Felicity we had an idea of where they were and were they were headed in at least one aspect of their lives, this year nothing. That's what makes the lack of any type of information frustrating. There's nothing to talk about.

Taking to Spoiler/Spec instead. 

Edited by Morrigan2575

Meanwhile, from the Spoiler/Spec thread:

I'm glad the producers talk to the actors (although it doesn't seem to have done much good wrt Laurel) but I'm more concerned as to whether they talk to the writers and directors. That's where the real power is.

[/prohat]

Well, in films, sure, directors have a lot of power - and screenwriters have more input into the pacing and the look of a film than I think they're often given credit for.  But even there, executive producers and film executives can and often do exert a lot of creative control: they're signing the checks, after all, and they have ultimate control on what goes out on screen. On television, writers and directors typically do not have the real power, and everything I've seen/heard from Arrow and interviews with cast, crew and network/WB execs suggests that Arrow is a pretty typical WB production in this regard.

• Love 2