Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

(edited)

That was the biggest WTF. He's  encouraging others to lighten up and find humor when he's the one who got all up in arms about it in the first place. And then when people point stuff he doesn't like out to him..they just take themselves too seriously, I guess. Sure, they do. Not him. Not at all.

Edited by looptab
  • Love 5
10 minutes ago, dtissagirl said:

Yeah, sure, Steve, when people are talking about being constantly harassed in a space you host, they totally need to find more room for humor. Cause that's the solution, obvi.

All these humorless bitches who don't laugh when I tell them I'm going to come rape them. Like, grow a sense of humor, you c#@%##%!

• Love 6
8 minutes ago, looptab said:

That was the biggest WTF. He's  encouraging others to lighten up and find humor when he's the one who got all up in arms about it in the first place. And then when people point stuff he doesn't like out to him..they just take themselves too seriously, I guess. Sure, they do. Not him. Not at all.

I *think* he's trying to tell people to find HIM funny when he trolls a troll on Twitter? Except that's not even the issue anymore in people's complaints, but he's ignoring that part, either because he truly doesn't care, or because he's being paid not to.

• Love 1
24 minutes ago, dtissagirl said:

I *think* he's trying to tell people to find HIM funny when he trolls a troll on Twitter? Except that's not even the issue anymore in people's complaints, but he's ignoring that part, either because he truly doesn't care, or because he's being paid not to.

Yeah, he is - I think he is just focusing on people  pointing out to him the positivity on twitter, and he responds with a 'LOL, I know, I wasn't actually upset. Just had some fun, don't worry about me', and as you said, for some reason ignores the rest.

1 hour ago, Belinea said:

I just always assumed that he wants to have the perfect image. I truly believe that he does love his kid a lot. But I also believe the the image of perfect dad and husband is very, very important to him. 

So maybe it is a bit of both. 

Nah, I'm utterly convinced SA has worked really hard to create an image that benefits him among his chosen audience.  He's worked his facebook, Twitter and con appearances to build up a loyal audience, that in part helped him get the TMNT2 gig.

• Love 7
(edited)

About his wife now she hasn't gotten any acting roles but I know she has shares in his company and in a chain of restaurants so I imagine that's her job. But anyway even if she spent her days lounging by the pool there are two people in a marriage. I don't believe she imposed this arrangement on SA and he can't do anything about it even if he desperately wants her to live in Vancouver. I bet they are both fine with how things are. Also when he has time to spend alone with his family he often goes to cons and the rest of the times they are always with their couple of friends. Always.

But SA is the one with a fanbase, he is the one with the social media platform so it's obvious most people are going to side with him, not knowing both sides of the story and because the other party is only known for crying for a haircut on a reality show. That's why he should be mindful of what he writes. But my idea is for him his image >>> the rest so he expected the reaction his post was going to get but since it was about him he did it anyway.

Now people are trying to make him see their POV and he is just not interested because this drama was about him, not anyone else.

Edited by Midnight Lullaby
  • Love 3

I'm not surprised by the photo placement.  The four of them were on the show before EBR showed up.  Now if pictures of EK and/or JS come before EBR then I'll start wondering.

Yeah, I understand the photo placement too. She was hired after the rest of them. That being said, I don't think it's exactly fair given that she must work more hours than the rest of them, just based on screen time. Although maybe they're decreasing her screen time this season? IDK. Nothing would surprise me anymore.

5 minutes ago, Sunshine said:

I'm not surprised by the photo placement.  The four of them were on the show before EBR showed up.  Now if pictures of EK and/or JS come before EBR then I'll start wondering.

She's fifth.

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

Yeah, I understand the photo placement too. She was hired after the rest of them. That being said, I don't think it's exactly fair given that she must work more hours than the rest of them, just based on screen time. Although maybe they're decreasing her screen time this season? IDK. Nothing would surprise me anymore.

I agree. She is putting in a lot of work and she should get recognition for that. No hate for Paul that I find wonderful but he doesn't work as much as she does and isn't nearly as important in the show.

• Love 4

Gosh, every new thing just totally amps up my enthusiasm. 

I'll be interested to see how S5's premiere compares to S4's re ratings. Wasn't the S4 premiere the 2nd-highest rated premiere in show's history?

I know I'm strange but I guess I don't really care all that much about the placement of names in the credits.  Even when Katie was listed 2nd she still had some of the lowest screentime compared to many of the other actors.  On the other hand, Emily has had the most screentime after Stephen for 2 seasons now and having her name listed 5th or 6th hasn't seemed to hurt her notoriety in the business.  I guess I see whether David is being listed 2nd or not as quite irrelevant.  I doubt most casual viewers or critics really care all that much either.

• Love 6

I don't care about the names in credits either. I just hope EBR is getting the money she deserves. LOL.

2 minutes ago, way2interested said:

It feels foreign now to get excited over a tease for s5.

LMAO. In an unlikely turn of events, it's actually Bamford's tweets that are making me excited for S5 :p

(edited)

I might have been won over by that tweet if he hadn't spent the last 24 hours playing dumb. Right now I'm so grouchy about him and anything show related even the hint of a salmon ladder appearance can't cheer me up. (Besides, the appeal of Oliver + Sally is the promise of shirtlessness :P)

Edited to add: FFS, man. Shut. Up.

Capture.JPG

Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 2
(edited)

Amell going live is going to be amazing. I'm sure the video will be "Twitter is okay! FB is better! Trolls are bad! VOTE FOR THE BASEBALL DUDE!!" Nothing will be added, he won't acknowledge any of the real hate on his page, and he will get praise from some. Lather, rinse, repeat with this dude and his social media behaviour. 

Edited by HighHopes
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, HighHopes said:

I can't remember all of the information, and I have no idea if it applies here-- but he might be waiting until after Arrow ends to become an American citizen. I took a class recently and it covered shows/movies being filmed in Canada and how there is a point system. Different things get different amounts of "points" and having the star be Canadian is one point towards the show (I believe). So as long as he stays Canadian, they get that point (and you need 6 for the show to count as Canadian content, and 10 to receive financial assistance from the Canadian Television Fund). Again, this might not apply to Arrow at all, and someone more in the know please correct me! But it might be a reason he is staying Canadian right now? (You also get 2 points for a Canadian director, and James Bamford is Canadian...). 

regarding the citizenship part- if my information is correct.. Even if he wanted to (and I assume he does to some degree since he calls LA home), he can't really get one at the moment since he spends 9ish months of the year in Vancouver, in order to ask for a Green Card and evetually citizenship you need to show proof that your entire life in centered in the US, he can't fully claim that since again 9 months out of 12 he doesn't even live in the US.

There may be another way, which will take into account that while he lives in Canada most of the year his life center is in the USA (wife, kid, owns houses and a business, works on a technically US production), but he will need an expensive lawyer who knows immigration laws inside out and will be able to convince the US gov that yes, while he spend 9 out of 12 outside of the US this is why he does it plus xyz..

SA's gonna discuss the Internet and Notting Hill and whatever else comes up. But why...? I thought nothing ever bothered him?

I guess he's needing some validation and wants the final word again.

He can keep it.

(edited)

Aw. So cute. It's probably the only Olicity pic we're getting. LMAO. 

DR is always the MVP. Never puts his family crap out there. Posts the bts pics we want to see. DR for male lead! Hahahaha.

Edited by Guest
(edited)

Same. He sometimes posts the odd picture or anecdote about his son but that's it, I think. I don't even know if he's married. Best way to be tbh. And he always comes through with the OTA pics too. 

Edited by Guest
33 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

I really don't think he's going for citizenship. 

either way, he needs a green card and in order to get that he needs to prove his entire life is centered in the US- which they're not at the moment due to Arrow.

5 minutes ago, foreverevolving said:

either way, he needs a green card and in order to get that he needs to prove his entire life is centered in the US- which they're not at the moment due to Arrow.

He has permanent residency - that's what that tweet was about. 

What's funny is he rarely mentioned his wife until after he got that permanent residency.  Since then it's been wife this, wife that.

July 3 We get the Asia Strek mess.

July 4 We get the I'm the best dad in the world FB post which brings some criticism of the wife instead of simply yeah you're a wonderful dad.  Mavi is so lucky. (I do believe his daughter is probably the most important thing in the world to him. That's sincere.)

July 5 We get a BTS picture of the "family" when people were asking for cast BTS.  Not all replies are wow you are wonderful.

July 6 His account which has 1.4 million followers calls out a troll account (FakeMarried) with 3 or 4 followers.  Lots of followers pile on.

July 7 ETCanada and JustJared cover the ruckus.

Was someone in need of attention?

I think SA's heart is in the right place often.  That said, there are two things I keep in mind regarding SA.  1) He once made a living selling insurance.  2) He originally got into acting because he wanted to be famous.

• Love 7
4 hours ago, Angel12d said:

Wait, so the pics do represent the billing order? 

7 minutes ago, looptab said:

Wait, so the pics do represent the billing order? 

Supposedly? I think everyone assumed that tbh. But IDK for sure. 

6 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

Supposedly? I think everyone assumed that tbh. But IDK for sure. 

Ah, ok. I asked since there was discussion on this a couple pages back and thought we had had confirmation. :)

2 hours ago, Sunshine said:

I think SA's heart is in the right place often.  That said, there are two things I keep in mind regarding SA.  1) He once made a living selling insurance.  2) He originally got into acting because he wanted to be famous.

He's talked about his drama teacher in high school who he still keeps in touch with (at least he did at the time of the interview) and said that he got into acting in high school to meet girls.  (Which is probably true given that there are usually many more girls in high school wanting to do drama than there are boys.)

(edited)
5 hours ago, HighHopes said:

Amell going live is going to be amazing. I'm sure the video will be "Twitter is okay! FB is better! Trolls are bad! VOTE FOR THE BASEBALL DUDE!!" Nothing will be added, he won't acknowledge any of the real hate on his page, and he will get praise from some. Lather, rinse, repeat with this dude and his social media behaviour. 

Just watched the video and you were absolutely right, haha.

He kept saying he wasn't actually mad, yet had to make a couple snippy comments about him and his wife calling the paparazzi before going around Vancouver so they could pretend to be in love, or his family and friends being harrassed<--- which is absolutely not ok, but seriously, enough. He still didn't address what people were trying to make him see. 

He also received the "2 truths one lie" question about 501, and said he hasn't thought about the episode that much to be able to do that -ok, then.

He also said there was nothing to say about Oliver/Felicity - "It's still 501!" - whatever. His convo with @fanmommer did make an impression, because he referred to it again - but I got the sense he deems it as an overreaction. Maybe others took it differently, IDK.

Edited by looptab
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Chaser said:

I wonder why they would hang headshots by billing. It doesn't seem to make a difference in the show.

For real, seems the writers are the only one excited lol.

4a to me is proof that these writers can do better and course correct, here's hoping things are better than they seem. 

• Love 5

I watched the beginning of his video but I can't take him seriously when he says he never gets mad. After Texas I'd say he showed exactly how he can be when he feels people are being unfair towards him.

And I prefer David and Echo that have a kid as well but don't feel the need to share every single detail of their private lives with complete strangers. That's so much better IMO. 

3 hours ago, looptab said:

He also received the "2 truths one lie" question about 501, and said he hasn't thought about the episode that much to be able to do that -ok, then.

Of course not since, you know, he has been so busy thinking about and discussing the meaning of life, the Facebook disruption, and how people should just have a better sense of humor. It doesn't leave much time for thinking about your work.

Color me as really not excited about S5.