Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

6 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

That's werid, you'd think she'd move back to LA in order to find work.

But if she does that how can she show up in her cosplay everyday on set...

• Love 3
1 hour ago, bijoux said:

She is. And I'd say she needs a hot oil treatment.

I liked the darker blond better than the colour she has now. I really like Katie's colour, she looks really pretty. (Can't stop talking about her hair! :P)

24 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

That's werid, you'd think she'd move back to LA in order to find work.

From the wording I'm really not sure the her isn't DP.

I do not like EBR's nose ring.

• Love 1
(edited)
42 minutes ago, tv echo said:

KC living with CL and that it would be in Vancity.

But why? I mean she can live anywhere she wants but doesn't she have a place there already?

Edited by Belinea
  • Love 2

I agree that it is odd.  If she is going to continue to live in Vancouver (is she still dating the same guy there?), then why not the same place with DP?  Maybe DP bought her own place and it is actually her that is moving out.  This is almost as confusing as Oliver and Felicity's post breakup living sitch.

• Love 4
9 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Very much so.

Maybe she wants to stay in Vancouver because she still wants to be a part of the flarrow universe because she couldn't find a job elsewhere idk... It seems strange that she'd want to live in a place that limits her opportunities. 

(edited)
19 minutes ago, wonderwall said:

Maybe she wants to stay in Vancouver because she still wants to be a part of the flarrow universe

I don't think her residence can influence her appearing on the shows in any way :) It's not like they are going to say "Oh, Katie's here, let's give her a call!"At least I don't think so :)

I'm wondering what the hell is she staying for, tho. She did have that dinner with Kreisberg post-firing. Is that usual? Maybe she's headed to Legends. (And if so, bye Legends. It's been nice while it lasted).

Edited by looptab
  • Love 3
6 minutes ago, looptab said:

I don't think her residence can influence her appearing on the shows in any way :) It's not like they are going to say "Oh, Katie's here, let's give her a call!"At least I don't think so :)

I'm wondering what the hell is she staying for, tho. She did have that dinner with Kreisberg post-firing. Is that usual? Maybe she's headed to Legends. (And if so, bye Legends. It's been nice while it lasted).

If she stays in Vancouver it means she can still be connected to the Arrowverse... I also don't see how she can live in Vancouver considering she's there on a work visa and since she's not working anymore I don't think she'd be able to stay considering she's not a Canadian citizen. 

So she either has a job there pertaining to an acting gig within the Arrowverse or she has another acting gig... But I doubt she does considering she's still hoping for a Lazarus pit or so she implied at the con. 

I considered voicing laurel for vixen to be a job but Megalyn does that in LA so it can't be that. 

I am glad EBR is voicing her displeasure at that quick wheelchair storyline. They should have wrote, Felicity is injured but with enough therapy she can walk again thus Physical Therapy with Curtis husband. Instead they tried to sell the she can never walk again storyline that had a walking at the end of her breakup with Oliver.

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, wonderwall said:

I considered voicing laurel for vixen to be a job but Megalyn does that in LA so it can't be that. 

A guest stint on a 30 minute animation takes like, a hour to record.

• Love 2
21 minutes ago, looptab said:

I don't think so either, but from KC's comments at this con--  mentioning the Lazarus Pit when talking about LL's death and saying "who knows" regarding O/L-- I think the person most convinced that LL/KC getting back on Arrow is KC herself. Which is... kind of pathetic.

• Love 4
Just now, dtissagirl said:

A guest stint on a 30 minute animation takes like, a hour to record.

Lol true :p

That really make me curious then how she can stay in Canada if she doesn't have a job. I mean she can't stay if she doesn't meet the work requirements... Right? 

So she must actually have a job that meets those requirements.

Hmm I'm now super curious lol

(edited)
8 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

I don't think so either, but from KC's comments at this con--  mentioning the Lazarus Pit when talking about LL's death and saying "who knows" regarding O/L-- I think the person most convinced that LL/KC getting back on Arrow is KC herself. Which is... kind of pathetic.

It is. I can't, don't want to believe she could be thinking "Let me stay here in case they might take pity on me and have me guest star". So I think either she' staying for her boyfriend until she  gets a more regular job; either she has something in one of the shows that shoots in Vancouver; or she's still involved in the Arrowverse - and by which I mean, really involved, not "hoping to".

Forgot to add, I find it extremely funny that her interviews after Sara died were all "It's Tv, anything can happen" all cheerful, and after her death she was "It's how it works, you take one for the team" at first, and now "who knows". I think this latest approach might be her trying to rile up her fandom, kinda like giving them the input to press the EPs to bring her back.

Edited by looptab

It wasn't just them. CV and TS didn't appear either. Apparently CV and TS gave a reason but EBR and KC did not. 

It sucks. I feel bad for those that paid.

Was DR not scheduled to appear at all today?

(edited)

Last year all the guests went to the party for like ten minutes or something, I don't remember exactly. It isn't nice of them but I wasn't surprised last year and I'm not really surprised this year either.

Edited by Midnight Lullaby

Maybe Katie just likes Vancouver and wants to stay there if she can. She has lived there a chunk of the time since 2012. She may want to get jobs that will have her working in Van city or maybe she just plans to take some time off and look for the best offer. Maybe that is why she plans on doing a lot of cons plus her Fashion Blog. 

1 minute ago, Angel12d said:

So both KC and EBR just didn't turn up at the after party thing? Not impressed with either of them then. I expect it from KC but not EBR. Sigh.

Apparently it wasn't required... And last year David didn't go and the rest were only there for 10 minutes. So idk if it's problematic. It would've been nice if she went for a few though. 

1 minute ago, wonderwall said:

Apparently it wasn't required... And last year David didn't go and the rest were only there for 10 minutes. So idk if it's problematic. It would've been nice if she went for a few though. 

Eh. It wouldn't have hurt to turn up for ten minutes tbh. Or at least let them know she wouldn't be there. It's definitely better that it wasn't required though. I was about to go all 'NOT YOU TOO EMILY!!'

• Love 1
(edited)

Per my understanding, the party was apart of the ticket so fans weren't out any extra. 

Sounds like things got blown out of proportion. 

I'll pay more attention when she starts canceling Cons at the last minute and showing up late everywhere. 

Edited by Chaser
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, tarotx said:

Maybe Katie just likes Vancouver and wants to stay there if she can. She has lived there a chunk of the time since 2012. She may want to get jobs that will have her working in Van city or maybe she just plans to take some time off and look for the best offer. Maybe that is why she plans on doing a lot of cons plus her Fashion Blog. 

She's an American citizen. You generally can't just stay in a foreign country (Canada) indefinitely without a work/student visa/spouse, something along those lines.

• Love 3
23 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

According to this site, you can stay in Canada for 180 days 6 months as a visitor without a visa. Couldn't KC just reset the counter by coming back to the US intermittently? 

she could, but if Canadian immigration authorities are anything like the US ones, after a few entrance they may start to be suspicious of foul play.

Is it possible she is a Canadian citizen and we just don't know about it? I mean actors get citizenships in the US all the time if they can prove they can either afford to support themselves or they bring value of sorts to the country.

(edited)

She comes back to the US more often than that for cons and her fashion business. And her boyfriend lives in Vancouver, so that would be her reason for going back to Canada.

All this to say that I don't think her residence means that she's got a job lined up in the Flarrowverse, or necessarily dependent on her employment status.

Edited by lemotomato

I always forget about Visas - Oops. But I doubt she has an Arrow related Visa for her to be staying there. Maybe her visa wasn't for a given season but a given year. She doesn't seem like she has a job lined up. Katie always gets all I know a secret when she has things coming up - good and bad. She seems her normal self. 

I remember KC tweeted about the border security at the Vancouver airport once about how long it took for her to get through it. So I think she's probably still an American citizen and the frequent back and forth travelling between the states and Canada probably raises more flags than it helps.

• Love 1

I think technically it is not possible for an American to hold Dual Citizenship. They generally want you to commit to just American Citizenship. I feel like her immigration status is her own business and has nothing to do with the Flarrowverse. I could see her wanting to stay in Vancouver since her friends & boyfriend live there. Plus the roles are probably more ample and attune to her acting caliber. In LA, she might get even more lost in the crowd.

• Love 1
39 minutes ago, tarotx said:

I always forget about Visas - Oops. But I doubt she has an Arrow related Visa for her to be staying there. Maybe her visa wasn't for a given season but a given year. She doesn't seem like she has a job lined up. Katie always gets all I know a secret when she has things coming up - good and bad. She seems her normal self. 

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=192&top=17

My work permit expired and I did not apply to extend it. Can I stay and keep working in Canada?

You can apply to restore your work permit in the first 90 days after it expires. If you do this, you can stay in Canada until you get further instructions, but you must stop working until you receive your restored work permit. There is no guarantee that your application will be approved.

Otherwise, you must leave Canada right away when your work permit expires. If you do not leave, you could be deported and will need permission from an immigration officer to come back.

To restore your work permit:

send an Application to Change Conditions or Extend Your Stay in Canada as a Worker to the Case Processing Centre in Vegreville, Alberta,

on the form, say you are asking for your status to be restored and your work permit extended, and explain why you stayed in Canada longer than allowed, and

pay C$200 to for your status to be restored and C$155 for the work permit itself (for a total of C$355).

I assume she has to have an actual job lined up in Canada in order to be able to extend a work visa.

(edited)
6 minutes ago, kismet said:

I think technically it is not possible for an American to hold Dual Citizenship. They generally want you to commit to just American Citizenship. I feel like her immigration status is her own business and has nothing to do with the Flarrowverse. I could see her wanting to stay in Vancouver since her friends & boyfriend live there. Plus the roles are probably more ample and attune to her acting caliber. In LA, she might get even more lost in the crowd.

Yes you can I know several United Staters who were born and raised in the US and who hold dual citizenship. I know even more individuals who immigrated to the US and hold their birth home citizenship and the US one. hack I even know a couple of people who have four! citizenships in different countries.

There a couple of countries who request you to relinquish your previous citizenship when you become naturalized in that country, but neither the US nor Canada are among them (and I am 100% sure of that) - I do think Germany is one of them who asks you to say bye bye to previous citizensips.

Edited by foreverevolving

If you say so @foreverevolving. I must have been misinformed before. Either way I think its completely irrelevant to KC's chances of ever being on Flarrowverse again. Frankly, I really do not care. I just wish her the best.

What I do want to ask the crowd is where is EBR's nose ring? I tried to zoom some photos, but the only one I notice was perhaps in the middle of the nose. I don't particularly like that placement in general, but I can understand how it would be appealing for an actress because it doesn't leave a mark and I feel like the hole lasts longer when you need to take out the piercing. If it's new that's cool for her, I got my nose piercing around the same age.

I also enjoyed EBR's answers. I think she puts a lot of thought into FS and I love that. I also appreciate that she thought the wheelchair story was rushed. That for me personally was the worst of the s5 storylines and I am glad that she thought it was rushed as well. I have no idea what s5 entails, but I can understand how EBR thinks PT is going to factor into it. Since even though she was fired, I'm sure she is going to try to get it back or branch out on her own. I only dread the uptick in Curtis scenes, but I guess there is nothing I can do about that.

• Love 1

Why is it weird? I think it's interesting. But I'm a lawyer, so....

The point is basically that since she is a U.S. citizen, so she can't really just decide to stay in Canada indefinitely just bc she likes Vancouver or her boyfriend or whatever. It's most likely somehow related to a job or at least pursuing a similar job. And it is a bit odd that she'd do that when it seems that her career would be best-served in LA. 

Hey, maybe Original Ruby's returning to Supernatural! 

• Love 3
30 minutes ago, kismet said:

That's not really correct. https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/legal-considerations/us-citizenship-laws-policies/citizenship-and-dual-nationality/dual-nationality.html

• Love 1

Thanks @AyChihuahua for the link. Like I said in an earlier post, I must have been misinformed. That's why I said I think, because I'm not a lawyer and frankly I don't care enough about KC to research the implications of dual citizenship. I realize she needs to have a legit reason and paperwork to stay in Canada, but honestly I'm sure she'll figure it out. It's not that important to me.

This is all fascinating to me :P IDK why, I guess it's interesting to know this stuff because I've been through this process by getting an H1B in the US as well as getting a Tier 4 visa in the UK (going to have to change this to Tier 2 after I earn my graduate degree)... I have been curious with the work visas for Canada so... there you go

Caity is an incredibly nice person it seems. Katie has been taking pot shots at her publicly for years and now she's letting Katie live with her? Nice. I have a huge fear we are going to get KC on LoT.

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, pivot said:

I have a huge fear we are going to get KC on LoT.

I just can't imagine them doing that, for so many reasons.   And yet....I'm unaccountably nervous all of a sudden.  Sara fan or no, I don't think I could take Laurel on LoT on a regular basis. :(

• Love 3
(edited)

I'm just having this image of a door knock at Caity's apartment, she opens the door and KC is there with a million suitcases (one of which contains her BC costume because reasons). "Surprise!"

Not ashamed to admit I'd watch the hell out of that sitcom.  Can you imagine trying to pitch it though?

"Okay, there are two actresses. One was playing a role that was supposed to take on this superhero persona, but it wasn't working out, so the show's creators brought this other actress on to do the superhero bit. Then once that worked out the creators killed off the second character in a really awful way and moved the first actress into the superhero role. Then there was a fan revolt so they had the first actress's character bring the second one's character back from the dead. Then the creators killed off the first actress's character. Oh and both their characters slept with the same guy. And were sisters.  Now they're roomies!"

Edited by pootlus
  • Love 18