Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

Here's the tweet that went with that EBR pic...

https://twitter.com/FarrahAviva/status/709564919562145792

SA's solo panel from HVFF Chicago.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sXXs79vTMvg&feature=youtu.be

The guy asking about BC and GA is really not bad at all. It was much ado about nothing on Twitter IMO. It's not really something supported by the show, but he didn't come off as disrespectful to me.

The initial question was fine. After SA gave his lengthy answer, the guy said something about Felicity (I couldn't make out his words) and SA said, "Watch out, man." So maybe that's when the disrespect happened.

Edited by tv echo

Could anyone clarify something for me, please? During the Men of Arrow panel, when Stephen is giving advice to the characters, what is the "It's gonna become a thing" after his advice for Diggle in relation to? Does he mean, if you don't stop looking at her Delicity is gonna become a thing, or that this bit of "stop looking at Felicity" is going to become a thing? I get it's a joke, just not sure I get what the joke is, haha.

Highlights from SA's solo Green Arrow panel at HVFF-Chicago on Mar. 12 (transcribed while watching above video)...

-- Fan asked if there will ever be a crossover with all three shows (Arrow, Flash, LoT).  SA: "Well, yeah... I mean, I would assume, yes." He went on to say that "he can't envision a world where one network has three shows, if it stays this way, that are on three consecutive nights, that are all DC properties, that all live in the same universe - not even the same universe but the same Earth - and all shoot in Vancouver - that have the same executive producers - I'd say it's a pretty safe bet."

-- Fan said that Felicity probably didn't just leave him because of his son but that he should've gotten divorced first.  SA: "I only recognize my League of Assassins marriage to Nyssa in terms of when it applies to mortal combat... No, look, he should've gotten divorced, he should've told the truth, he's a bit of a dink, okay. (Audience laughs) And, after this season, we'll have had 92 episodes of people going, 'uhgh, Oliver!' So, sorry."

-- In response to fan asking who was the hardest to fight, SA replied "a Mirakuru-ed out Slade Wilson."

-- SA's fave episode fighting with Barry was when he fought Barry.  In terms of teaming up, his fave episode was when he teamed up with Barry to fight Captain Boomerang.

-- SA's fave villain "overall in terms of total experience has to be Malcolm Merlyn.  It has to be. Boy, he's just not a good guy. Shoulda killed him... He's just fun to play with."

-- Playing old, one-armed Oliver was challenging but fun because of the bionic arm and because that suit wasn't fit for him.

-- Fan asked if we're going to see Oliver going back towards the darkness now that he's lost both Felicity and his son (sent him away). SA:

"I think that if we're talking about a five-year journey, we're talking about Oliver being very, very,  you know, lethal and dark in the first season and then, you know, building towards, you know - that didn't work. And the method where he just, you know, 'I'm not going to kill anyone regardless, it doesn't matter, I've got to strive for something different', that doesn't seem to have worked either. So maybe in Season 5, we can see the medley of the two, because, um, you know, he has people in his life that, um, in the latter parts of this season, really push him towards a place he really didn't think they'd be comfortable with him going. And we see some of his, um, some of his teammates and friends going to places where he never expected that they would. So I think we're going to see, hopefully, more of the finished product of Oliver in Season 5 that he can use going forward. The two extremes don't seem to work."

-- Fan asked what villains and other heroes he would like to see in a big screen Green Arrow movie and whether he would want it rated R. SA replied that he would like it to be rated R.

-- Fan asked if we're ever going to see Oliver telling Felicity about when he saw her in the 314 flashback during his secret return to Starling City, like maybe as a way to rekindle things. SA : "No, I think that that would be interesting. I mean, if Oliver and Felicity are going to rekindle things, there's a variety of different ways that it could happen. I feel like that would be a funny anecdote, but maybe not something that would be a magical elixir for you lying about having a kid... (Audience laughs) No, but that would be a fun thing to go back and touch upon. I'll bring it up. If you see it in the show, credit yourself."

-- Fan said that she recently adopted a Black Labrador and named him Oliver and that their personalities really match. SA: "He hasn't killed anyone, has he?"

-- SA said that almost all of the show's stunt guys are in Deadpool. If you lined up the people Oliver killed in Season 1 versus the people that Deadpool kills on the bridge, they're all the same people.

-- SA said that he doesn't train in any specific martial arts. He trains "in the martial art of fighting on screen and making it look believable."

-- SA said that the best advice he ever got about being a dad came from his father-in-law after two drinks, who said: "Junior... Tell you something about kids. You get what you expect."

-- SA said that he would like a new bow and that he actually needs a new bow. Then he said:

"I think that there would be a very good reason in Season 5 to go back to a very particular type of bow. And you'll have to wait, you'll have to wait and see how that will unfold."

-- SA thought it was "really smart" and "great" that Connor Hawke was Diggle's son. He would like to "pluck" him from the future and bring him back to present day Star City.

-- SA said that every new season is his favorite season. S4 has been his most challenging season: "We've dealt with a lot of production diffculties that weren't anyone's fault. It was just logistical challenges, really unlucky - we've fallen behind a couple times which was really difficult because you have to catch up, 'cause we're dealing with a finite amount of time.... But I get a feeling that by the end of it, it'll be the most rewarding."

-- SA said that in his late 20's, he took stock of what was important to him and it was his family and friends, his Black Lab (not named Oliver), and his acting.

-- SA said that there will "never" be a musical episode of Arrow and that the only time someone might sing would have to be karoake.

-- SA said that his fave version of Oliver to play was the "neck snapping" Oliver. SA: "It was just easier when I shot people in the heart."

-- SA said that he'll always have a "soft spot" for the hallway fight sequence in the pilot because it was his first time fighting in the suit.

-- Fan asked which other superhero he would play if he had the choice.  SA: "You can't pick your superheroes. Your superheroes pick you."

-- Fan asked about where everyone's income is coming from in S4. SA: "Bottom line. Felicity's rich. That's good enough... She's bankrolling everybody... Sugar mama... It was cooler when I was a billionaire."

-- Fan asked who was his fave sidekick on Arrow. SA: "I'm going to base my answer strictly on longevity. And I'm going to go with Diggle."

-- Fan asked who was a better archer: Willa of JLaw. SA picked Willa, his "fictional sister".

-- SA: "We can build our own Justice League."

-- Fan asked who is in the grave. SA said that he's read "some incredibly convoluted theories" and that those theories "feel like cop-outs to me" because "if you're going to build a story line over the course of a series, there has to be some significance to the payoff."

-- Male fan asked if they plan on "honoring the original comics where he ends up with Black Canary."  SA: "I don't know. I don't know... I feel like there's an element of respecting the canon that is important. And I also feel like there's a reality to producing 23 episodes of television a year - how challenging it is. And, you know, you just got to press forward. So if things pivot, and that becomes the best option for entertaining television, or to [anchor/anger?] the viewers, or to make viewers excited, then that's what you do - as long as you keep people interested. But, um, you know, there was a point in time when I wanted to know everything that was going to go on in the show, and I wanted to know, like, long-form... Now I don't want to know. Now I want to go episode by episode."  Same fan then said something about Felicity (I couldn't make out his words after "Felicity...") and SA said, "Watch out, man."

-- SA said that he "does a ton of his own stunts." However, it's never him on the motorbike and they won't even let him learn how to ride a motorbike.

-- SA said that he's been very lucky that his injuries have all been the soft tissue kind that's easy to recover from.

-- SA said that his most embarrassing moment on set was when he missed the bed when Oliver carried Laurel in their Season 1 make-out scene.  He thought he broke KC's neck.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 10

Could anyone clarify something for me, please? During the Men of Arrow panel, when Stephen is giving advice to the characters, what is the "It's gonna become a thing" after his advice for Diggle in relation to? Does he mean, if you don't stop looking at her Delicity is gonna become a thing, or that this bit of "stop looking at Felicity" is going to become a thing? I get it's a joke, just not sure I get what the joke is, haha.

I thought he was referring to Delicity. Earlier in the panel, iirc, a fan had said something about how Oliver is dead on Earth-2 and maybe Diggle & Felicity could hook up. So I thought SA's advice to Diggle to stop looking at Felicity was in reference to that.

• Love 4

-- Fan said that Felicity probably didn't just leave him because of his son but that he should've gotten divorced first.  SA: "I only recognize my League of Assassins marriage to Nyssa in terms of when it applies to mortal combat... No, look, he should've gotten divorced, he should've told the truth, he's a bit of a dink, okay. (Audience laughs) And, after this season, we'll have had 92 episodes of people going, 'uhgh, Oliver!' So, sorry."

Quick question: in the panel, was SA (in the Ugh Oliver part) referring to in general his actions during this entire season or was he implying that there might be some specific event that will happen at the end of the season that will get us thinking Ugh Oliver? 

(I didn't watch the video, so I didn't know the entire context.)

Edited by ComicFan777

Here's a good recap by Laura Schinner of her HVFF-Chicago experience, including stuff that happened during various panels - she thought the Men of Arrow panel was the best panel of the weekend (warning: article contains spoilerish tidbits)...

Heroes and Villains Fan Fest Chicago: An Unforgettable Experience
Laura Schinner+  March 14, 2016
http://www.tvovermind.com/tv-news/heroes-villains-fan-fest-chicago-unforgettable-experience

ETA: In response to ComicFan777's question above, I thought that he was just referring to Oliver's actions over the past four seasons. But since 92 episodes equals four full seasons, I just don't know. I only watched the video of this panel once, so maybe someone else will have a better idea.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

tv-echo, I'm so grateful you watch panels and writes them up, so I don't have to watch and feel secondhand embarrassment for the questions. Much love to you. <3

About me. I really appreciate it, @tv echo. I have too much secondhand embarrassment to sit through any panel tbh. LOL.

tv-echo, I'm so grateful you watch panels and writes them up, so I don't have to watch and feel secondhand embarrassment for the questions. Much love to you. <3

I thought I wasn't the only one to feel this way about watching panels! Glad other people do too.

And yes I agree with this sentiment. Thanks TV Echo!

• Love 6

You're welcome!  A lot of it is that I'm just too impatient to wait for someone else to tell me what was said.  Also, fan tweets are never as accurate as hearing the actual words spoken and their context.  (In any event, I type fast.)

Thanks to others who also post summaries and especially to those who attend these cons and report back (plus post vids and pics). :)

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 15

I thought I wasn't the only one to feel this way about watching panels! Glad other people do too.

And yes I agree with this sentiment. Thanks TV Echo!

Thirded (or fourthed)! I almost never watch panels, interviews, FB videos, etc., because of secondhand embarrassment/awkwardness squick. Appreciate tv echo and everyone else willing to write summaries and answer q's for all of us with this affliction. :)

• Love 7

I am always torn on this. Like, I feel the secondhand embarrassment strongly as well, and OTOH I want to hear and watch with my own ears and eyes what's being said. The solution I am adopting lately, is that I'll watch just in case I read that something particularly noteworthy happened. I wanted to watch the men's one, because of the doubts I had after hearing about it being a Felicity lovefest, but I can't bring myself to do it, yet, haha.

Edited by looptab

Yeah, I have actually watched some things in the past, especially if there is doubt over something that's been said and the tone in which it was said. I need to watch to clarify. But mostly I'm happy just to read about whatever happened (or watch it in gifs) because I do get so embarrassed. This is one of the reasons why the comic con life is not for me. Haha. 

Edited by Guest

Quick question: in the panel, was SA (in the Ugh Oliver part) referring to in general his actions during this entire season or was he implying that there might be some specific event that will happen at the end of the season that will get us thinking Ugh Oliver? 

(I didn't watch the video, so I didn't know the entire context.)

The feeling I got was it referred to Oliver over the course of all four seasons.

• Love 1

Okay so I have to know, to anyone who watched the videos, did someone actually ever trash Felicity in the women's panel?

No one has posted yet a video of the full Women of Arrow panel (just the selected moments video that's posted previously in this thread).  But I haven't heard or read of any Felicity trashing in connection with that panel anyway.

I only heard or read about Felicity trashing in connection with SA's solo panel (by the guy who asked about honoring comics by having Oliver end up with BC) and during the Arrow fan talk panel (no videos yet).

Edited by tv echo

That's what I assume.  Here was the HVFF-Chicago schedule from this past weekend...

Saturday
10:45 AM – Super Charades
11:30 AM – THE WOMEN OF ARROW: Cassidy, Holland, Law, Lotz & Ross
12:30 PM – THE GREEN ARROW: Stephen Amell

1:20 PM – ART DEMO: Rob Prior
2:00 PM – GOTHAM: GOOD GUYS: Sean Pertwee & David Mazouz
3:00 PM – THE FLASH: Amell, Panabaker, Sears & Valdes
4:00 PM – ARROW FAN PANEL: Prizes To Be Won!
4:45 PM – Cosplay Contest

Sunday
10:45 AM – CASTING DIRECTOR: David Rapaport
11:45 AM – LEGENDS OF TOMORROW: Arthur Darvill, Caity Lotz, Ciara Renée
1:15 PM – THE MEN OF ARROW: Amell, Blackthorne, Ramsey, Donnell, Kellum & McDonough
2:15 PM – GOTHAM: BAD GUYS: Drew Powell, Erin Richards & Robin Lord Taylor
3:15 PM – HEROES REBORN: Jack Coleman & Robbie Kay
4:15 PM – SUPERHERO ARTISTS: Brian C Roll

http://heroesfanfest.com/chicago/schedule/

Edited by tv echo

I don't know if SA has a $$ investment in HVFF outside his fees but he did mention Felicity in a positive way several times on that panel. This was the morning after fans tweeted the con that they had left the fan panel and wanted to know why they should spend money on HVFF. I think the dissing Felicity was at the beginning and they felt like the mod/panel encouraged it. Along the lines of Felicity was a horrible person to walk away in 4.15...

The way that so many people ask about Felicity, I'd have a feeling that if EBR was there she would probably get most of the questions if there was a women of arrow panel with her. She would need her own panel she's that huge of a star from Arrow.

Edited by EmilyBettFan
  • Love 1

The husband of a childhood friend of mine had a great business idea and suddenly there was nouveau riche money to spend.  She bought her clothes from one of the most expensive boutiques in the city and I noticed that the more the store owners (and my friend) were stuck in the fashion blinkers of very expensive clothes, the more outrageous and frankly uglier the clothes became.  It was like the risky shift phenomenon applied to fashion.

Those pictures remind me of that.

The way that so many people ask about Felicity, I'd have a feeling that if EBR was there she would probably get most of the questions if there was a women of arrow panel with her. She's need her own panel she's that huge of a star from Arrow.

I was just thinking of that, and being glad for KC's sake that EBR didn't go,

especially if Laurel is the one in the grave.  It's nice for her to have a con where she's the top star.

• Love 2

Just another shout out & thanks to @tvecho for being an amazing poster and providing so many recaps/articles/summaries. It really is appreciated!!! I just don't have the patience to sit through a whole panel online. I am easily distractible.

Also general thanks to people who attend the cons and post about their experiences.... must say some of them make me a little jealous :)

• Love 10

KC announced for another con

5388_343258629178133_7844502079626946180

Please welcome Katie Cassidy to ‪#‎RICC2016‬! Katie is an actress who stars as Black Canary on The CW's series Arrow. She has also appeared on Supernatural, Melrose Place, and Gossip Girl, as well as the CBS miniseries Harper's Island; and in the films Click, Taken, Official Monte Carlo Movie, and The Scribbler. Come meet her in person on November 11th-13th at the Rhode Island Convention Center and the Dunkin Donuts Center!

www.ricomiccon.com

https://www.facebook.com/rhodeisland.comiccon/photos/a.123554967815168.1073741825.123554691148529/343258629178133/?type=3&theater

• Love 1

The first 6+ minutes of the Women of Arrow panel (includes portion not included in previously posted 'selected moments' video of this panel)...

Women of Arrow Panel Heroes and Villains Fan Fest 3/13/16
Published on Mar 15, 2016, by Kelly Brianne

Edited by tv echo

FYI - remaining March comic cons...

Salt Lake Comic Con FanXperience, March 24-26, 2016
Paul Blackthorne, Charlotte Ross, Alex Kingston and Summer Glau
http://saltlakecomiccon.com/

WonderCon 2016, March 25-27, 2016 (Los Angeles, CA)
Marc Guggenheim (as part of LoT panel on Mar. 27; no Arrow panel)
http://www.comic-con.org/wca
http://www.ksitetv.com/arrowflash-spinoff/warner-bros-tv-announces-wondercon-2016-plans/101633/

Edited by tv echo

Caity just uploaded tons of pics from the con on her Facebook, if anyone was interested.

Are motorcycle jackets back in style? Because I'll be very happy if they are. Willa, Caity and Katie were all wearing them.

• Love 2

Caity just uploaded tons of pics from the con on her Facebook, if anyone was interested.

Are motorcycle jackets back in style? Because I'll be very happy if they are. Willa, Caity and Katie were all wearing them.

Motorcycle jackets are always in style!

even I know that.

• Love 1

I'm just watching the Men of Arrow panel and these things are worth checking out just to see DR impersonate his cast members. He did an impression of Oliver whacking at that tire with the sledgehammer in season 2 that needs to be a gif. The fact that it's part of the story he remembers wrong just makes it better.

ETA: Also a highlight - Paul Blackthorne talking about there being a song on his Lance iPod list that PB hates, but Lance loves, so he's stuck listening to it.

Edited by bijoux

ETA: Also a highlight - Paul Blackthorne talking about there being a song on his Lance iPod list that PB hates, but Lance loves, so he's stuck listening to it.

Oh, that's hilarious and awesome. Now I really need to know what it is.

• Love 1

It's a Bob Seger song. He didn't say which. Also, Lance's work-out music is The Smiths' Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now. He made me like Lance so much more with that tidbit.

• Love 1

Fantastic, because I have a bunch I stopped wearing and love a lot. Bringing those back out.

Why? seriously leather jackets are always cool, and you should just wear what you like!

personally I think a man or a woman wearing a leather (or fake leather if it's high quality) jacket are for the majority of the times look super hot.

• Love 1

Why? seriously leather jackets are always cool, and you should just wear what you like!

Mostly because I have a huge jacket obsession and I've bought more wool peacoats and military inspired jackets than anyone really should so I had to justify purchasing them all by wearing them. So the leather jackets went into storage and I haven't bothered to take them out in about two years. Plus I'll wear leather/leather looking slacks when I go to the bar often and I don't like the leather on top of more leather look.

Edited: I don't buy peacocks lol

Edited by Delphi
  • Love 3

Mostly because I have a huge jacket obsession and I've bought more wool peacocks

Best typo ever

I am now picturing a bunch of sheep with big plumy tails and peacocks that bleat.

I have an entire scene in my head that you have like 10 woolly peacocks in your closet that are very angry at being there.

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 6

Best typo ever

I am now picturing a bunch of sheep with big plumy tails and peacocks that bleat.

I have an entire scene in my head that you have like 10 woolly peacocks in your closet that are very angry at being there.

And they are very, very warm.

• Love 3