Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

Sara, Nyssa and Thea were all trained by a member of the League of Assassins, the deadliest fighting group in the world. My money will be on them all the way.

The girls would definitely win--Oliver is easily defeated whenever there are shelves for him to fall into! ;-)

Seriously, though:

• Almost anybody can catch an arrow mid-flight, which neutralizes Oliver's weapon.
  • If the girls wear "league armor," Digg's gun won't be effective.
  • If the fight occurs in a wide-open space, Roy won't have any surface to flip from.
  • If it comes down to hand-to-hand combat, a simple flash of their chest will have Oliver (former frat-boy) and probably Roy at their mercy.

Arrow canon practically ensures that the girls would win.

• Love 17

That argument might be more convincing if we hadn't watched S3 - where long-time trained League members were held off and even defeated by Laurel, Roy and Diggle on multiple occasions.

The League of Assassins might be the deadliest fighting group in the world according to comic canon.  But the Arrow S3 League assassins were more like Keystone Kops.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 9

Somehow I feel a little bad for the woman. I mean she is probably really excited about being on the show and her storyline is just the worst. Does anyone even care about the islands anymore. It has seriously become the worst part of the show for me. I thought we'd get Bravta Oliver at some point but this magic islands stuff is not only boring but also completely useless at this point. Maybe at the end of the season Oliver's magic tattoo will save them all from doom. 

Edited by Belinea
  • Love 4

So glad they dropped the wig.

This. OMG I'd forgotten/blocked how bad that wig was. She looks much better now.

My first thought was #Boobs.

Mine was actually that she got better make up than EBR.

This. OMG I'd forgotten/blocked how bad that wig was. She looks much better now.

She totally looks like Laurel Lance in a hot vigillante costume for the office Halloween party. Which is not great identity concealment in my book if I'm being vague.
  • Love 2

I just wished that someone would have corrected her stance.  I'm not putting this on KC because she was probably just compliant with how they told her to pose.  I'm not a fighter at all, but even I can see how the trajectories of her arms wouldn't work. If she actually punched in the current vector of her left arm, the downward swing of her upraised right arm could cause her own limbs to collide. Or worse yet, neither individual striking option would be very powerful or effective because her stance is off.  She just looks like a sex kitten posing with some toys.

To some degree, the posing looks ridiculous because it just isn't the image of the character they've tried to sell us. The poster at best marginally evokes the costume, but not who BC is [in her bones], what motivates her, who LL might be under the mask (heart of gold!), or that I should have respect, admiration, or even fear when I see her.

I think Felicity's recent Overwatch poster is so much better because all of the elements are representative of her character, and even her expression is so Felicity. I'm not trying to wade into the Felicity vs. Laurel stuff (because I'm clearly and forever Team Felicity against anyone), but taking as much care for each character's poster would have been so much easier than the efforts they've had to make in script for the failed LL character.

• Love 4

It's EBRs turn to be problematic *sigh*

Emily Bett Rickards ‏@EmilyBett  24m24 minutes ago

Heartthrob Alert it's like an Amber Alert but for when your friend shaves his beard.
Edited by wonderwall

I might be having a cultural barrier moment here, but what is the problem in that?

In the US (and I guess Canada), Amber alerts go out when a child is missing/abducted. 

Personally, I don't think this tweet is bad? 

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 8

I might be having a cultural barrier moment here, but what is the problem in that?

Over my head as well.

In the US (and I guess Canada), Amber alerts go out when a child is missing/abducted.

Personally, I don't think this is bad?

Doesn't seem like anything to me. Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 1

Personally, I don't think this tweet is bad? 

I guess to me making light of an Amber Alert is kind of problematic. 

Missing child =/= Grooming choices. 

My friend who lives in Michigan told me last week they had one a couple of weeks back and reports say that the little girl's body was found in a burned down house and I guess that made me a little sensitive about it. 

Edited by wonderwall

Okay, I get the complaint being specific to Amber alerts being a serious/devastating thing. I guess I always thought something like "spoiler alert" was also a riff on the actual serious alerts you guys have. I don't have alert systems for anything IRL, so I don't have the experience.

• Love 2

Okay, I get the complaint being specific to Amber alerts being a serious/devastating thing. I guess I always thought something like "spoiler alert" was also a riff on the actual serious alerts you guys have. I don't have alert systems for anything IRL, so I don't have the experience.

Yeah I usually take Amber Alerts really seriously... I mean I'm not crucifying her or anything this isn't extremely problematic... But I was just a bit disappointed by the tweet. 

Personally I don't see a problem with that tweet but I'm not sure I even understand the comparison she's made? Most of the time I don't really understand EBR's tweets tbh. Maybe it was just a poor choice of words? I don't know.

I don't think anyone doesn't take them seriously. I think that EBR probably just didn't think very hard about that part of her tweet, or any part at all, really, and I honestly missed that bit on the first read because the point was clearly to make some sort of joke about how being clean-shaven makes guys hotter?

Counterpoint:

3DJQDyt.jpg

• Love 8

I honestly missed that bit on the first read because the point was clearly to make some sort of joke about how being clean-shaven makes guys hotter?

I thought the joke was that with the beard missing, heartthrob status was missing, haha.

• Love 9

I don't think anyone doesn't take them seriously. I think that EBR probably just didn't think very hard about that part of her tweet, or any part at all, really, and I honestly missed that bit on the first read because the point was clearly to make some sort of joke about how being clean-shaven makes guys hotter?

Counterpoint:

3DJQDyt.jpg

Wow! douchy Ollie alert!

This can't be a recent picture right? dear Pluto don't let it be recent.

I do have to say it though (my apologies in advance) he looks like a cross dresser in that picture!

Edited by foreverevolving
  • Love 2

I thought the joke was that with the beard missing, heartthrob status was missing, haha.

That's how I understood it.

Personally I don't find it problematic. Maybe a poor word choice but that's about it.

• Love 1

Wow. That reminds me of a very bad date. I think I may be picky when it comes to guys chins.

I think it's the white-preppy-douchy look he has.. literally he looks like one of those white dude, whose dad are super rich lawyers, and they wear those short pants, with buttoned up shirts and their cardigans or sweaters tied around their necks

like these guys:

65540944acb0cb215d166d1ed42b1faf.jpg

or this guy:

collar11.jpg

• Love 2

I hope she wasn't charged for this, but sadly, she probably was.

Don't actors get paid for photo shoots not the other way around? I mean yeah, if she was paying for headshots or something but this seems more artsy. Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 4

Don't actors get paid for photo shoots not the other way around? I mean yeah, if she was paying for headshots or something but this seems more artsy.

I guess it depends on what it's for. Since she and Fanta were there together, I figured it was for something personal that she'd pay for, and not a mag cover/photoshoot. Could be wrong, though. 

Yeah, I need to see more of the shoot; that looks like just an outtake so I can't really tell what they're going for. Who knows, the theme might be bordello meets the '80s or something. The background actually reminds me of a scary hotel room where people get murdered during stormy nights and a setting for a David LaChapelle photoshoot :P

• Love 5

I need to see the actual photos. I think the look could work if they were going for Fun Artsy Mod style.

Yeah, maybe I spoke too soon. I'll withhold judgment until I see more. The makeup is at least someone of an improvement from before, so that's something.

She kind of reminds me of a prostitute there.......I've seen some dressed like that on a few shows...

That was my first thought! And not even the high end or quality choices.... :/