Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

Whatever was going on, I don't even think it's that much of a big deal. I mean, the show hasn't even hinted at Lauriver for a while. Olicity is the effective show ship. They should be able to say they love it without fearing for their lives. 

And I'm amused by the use of the word "disrespectful" wrt the source material. I have seen plenty book adaptations, and some of those were awful, but I wouldn't say they were disrespectful. 

About Stephen and Emily renewed twitter interactions, could that be network/producers mandated? Since it's rocky times ahead.

• Love 4

I'm on mobile and don't want to spoiler tag so: In light of certain things I expected the show to have a more official stance, but I didn't expect it to happen until certain things happened. That last part sounds like Captain Sparrow.

Re: SA and EBR. Could be. They didn't do it in the Season of Angst tho.

• Love 2

And I'm amused by the use of the word "disrespectful" wrt the source material. I have seen plenty book adaptations, and some of those were awful, but I wouldn't say they were disrespectful.

Someone ask Kreisberg how disrespected does he feel about Arrow taking Cupid, a character he created for comics that ultimately tanked, and making it recurring on television.

• Love 2

Someone ask Kreisberg how disrespected does he feel about Arrow taking Cupid, a character he created for comics that ultimately tanked, and making it recurring on television.

200.gif

Last year there was that video, though. Anyway, let's enjoy the unicorns and rainbows while we can :)

• Love 1
(edited)

I don't think Ben Sokolowski was hacked - here are all of his key tweets in chronological order...

Ben Sokolowski ‏@BenSokolowski
I ❤ Olicity!
3:18 PM - 2 Mar 2016

https://twitter.com/BenSokolowski/status/705170549543034880

Okay arrow peeps. RT this if you're Olicity and Like it if you're Lauriver. #thishasnobearingonanything
3:26 PM - 2 Mar 2016
Ben Sokolowski ‏@BenSokolowski  13h13 hours ago
@BenSokolowski c'mon Lauriver. Where you at??

https://twitter.com/BenSokolowski/status/705172398841004032

Let me clarify. The I ❤ Olicity tweet was how I felt in the moment, not necessarily an indictment on Lauriver. I ❤ Lauriver as well. 1/2
3:43 PM - 2 Mar 2016

https://twitter.com/BenSokolowski/status/705176627240574976

Re: the poll. I am genuinely curious about how the internet feels. 2/2
3:44 PM - 2 Mar 2016

https://twitter.com/BenSokolowski/status/705176892576387072

Didn't quarks or someone here do an analysis about how ratings drop after every episode where Oliver & Felicity hit a snag in their relationship?  Maybe the writers are trying to soften fans up and give them hope after the Olicity breakup?

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
(edited)

Brian Ford Sullivan, I think? "@BenSokolowski Anything you wanted to get off your chest today, buddy?"

Right after the "I love Olicity" tweet, Beth Schwartz had asked if Ben was hacked.

I can easily see them seeing all the hate tweets saying "everybody" hates Olicity and "everybody" is going to drop the show after the big death and going, "You know what, let's see how many of you are out there compared with Olicity fans." I mean, it's not the most scientific survey, but a quick poll does immediately give you a sense of who's online right away. Is it professional? No, but they're probably just tired of the attacks from the dozen or so LL/BC fan accounts at this point. I wish they did a poll rather than RT/Likes, though, because the RTs do have the edge here a little. Right now it's almost 3,000 RTs to 350 Likes.

Edited by SmallScreenDiva
  • Love 12
(edited)

@SchwartzApprovd nope. Genuine love!!!

3:20 PM - 2 Mar 2016

https://twitter.com/BenSokolowski/status/705170848504684545

ArrowWritersRoom ‏@ARROWwriters

Is it weird that his office door is locked??? 

Cat @thethornyrant

@ARROWwriters Someone may want to check on @BenSokolowski.....it's getting slightly....um....bizarre over there.

3:46 PM - 2 Mar 2016

https://twitter.com/ARROWwriters/status/705177394965909504

One reply tweet suggested that he might've just been in the middle of writing an Olicity scene.

Edited by tv echo

Last year the situation after 3x15 seemed worse. And we didnt get much interaction.

Idk last year Arrow had a 1.0-1.2 in ratings during February sweeps then droppeed to a 0.8 for episode 16. I can see why the network would mandate this because most episodes during sweeps month had 0.9 in ratings

Idk last year Arrow had a 1.0-1.2 in ratings during February sweeps then droppeed to a 0.8 for episode 16. I can see why the network would mandate this because most episodes during sweeps month had 0.9 in ratings

Instead of mandating Twitter interactions post-dumbass storyline they should have mandated no dumbass storyline. I mean seriously, this is not a situation in which the dumbassery is not visible until later. It was visible right from the very beginning.

Maybe this will mean no plotty plot breakups in the future, though. (To be clear, once they went with the lying they IMO had to have the breakup...my problem is the lying, NOT the resulting breakup.)

• Love 7

I honestly didn't get a mocking vibe from Jake Coburn, the former writer.  He isn't saying anything that lots of other viewers don't say (he could be a fan, why not?)  and he's not doing the show so he CAN say it and it's no big deal.  If he's mocking, he's being waaaaay too subtle and deadpan.

Agreed. Sometimes a duck is just a duck.

• Love 4

Yeah I doubt this is some kind of damage control or anything the CW told them to do.Keeping the buzz about olicity during the hiatus or giving fans hope was more likely MG with posting that wedding pic.This kinda just seems like them having some fun and being done with playing neutral.

I thought the network mandated discussion was about SA and EBR, not Sokolowski's tweets? At least, I brought it up in relation to that, upthread.

Even with SA & EBR I doubt there's anything mandated. It's not like they're explicitly promoting Arrow or Olicity. I mean, they were talking about burritos yesterday. 

• Love 3
(edited)

I always wondered if the Arrow writers had an emotional age of 7 although using it as a way of taking the temperature on the internet works.  (Current count 3,117 retweets and 379 likes)

Ben Sokolowski
‏@BenSokolowski

Hey, I'd like to add that while Olicity is in command of the RT's, there has been a lot of love for Lauriver in various msgs. Be proud!

Edited by statsgirl

All of this is really scaring me though. I feel like if I enjoyed then it would come back to me.

Worried about enjoying other people's suffering and getting hit in the face with Karma? Yeah, I feel you. Hard not to smile though. :)

• Love 5

She didn't try to pass it off as something new.

If she didn't, 

then that's really mean to her fans, who have been frantically messaging her asking if she's still on the show. This just gives them false hope.

• Love 2

It makes sense, he should be aware of arguments like "a more centered focus on Oliver, both as the Green Arrow and as the person" - but burn the very central relationship with his fiance with fire :)

• Love 5

I think he went about it in a naive, clumsy way, but I do believe Ben was trying to better understand fan sentiment. He interacted with people who were nice and ones that were rude to him with the same good humor. He responded to one tweet about how he probably has a garage full of copies of unsold GA comics from his stint as a writer with "to be fair, I have a small garage."

(edited)

PaleyFest Los Angeles will take place on March 11-20.  The only superhero panel is Supergirl on March 13, with Melissa Benoist, Calista Flockhart, Chyler Leigh, Mehcad Brooks, David Harewood, Jeremy Jordan, Greg Berlanti, Ali Adler and Andrew Kreisberg...

https://media.paleycenter.org/paleyfest-la-2016-lineup/

Since GB and AK will be there, maybe they'll talk about their other superhero shows (like Arrow, Flash and LoT) as well?  Maybe in the press interviews?

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1