Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

So... Colin found out at the end of February and died in 1x23 and Suzanna was told at the end of January and died 2x20. If we assume correctly that the EPs flew in to tell the "dead one" personally, then the death is 4x20ish.

• Love 1

It's been around a week, maybe 5/6 days, since we guess the person was told. While I still don't think it's Laurel, KC does seem to be posting maybe a little more fashion/casual selfies stuff and a little less Arrow stuff. She had been pushing LoT, etc., but other than retweeting Bam's pic of Laurel and Oliver sparring, there haven't been any Arrowverse tweets since before we think the person was informed. (I don't count the gym video, bc that's not Arrow, that's SA/PB/her, which she should keep doing for the exposure.)

PB's looks about the same to me. I don't think it's Digg, at all, so I haven't really looked at DR's Twitter. (Also, DR, EBR, WH, and SA seemed pretty cheery in the BTS vid. They are actors, of course, but...) 

Edited by AyChihuahua

They also might be thinking, at last, at last! A chance to be on a show with more sets!

/poster cannot verify the accuracy of the above comment. Comments made by this poster may and almost certainly are projections of her particular issues, and should not be taken as verifiable insights into the opinions and hopes of the Arrow cast.

• Love 13

Well, maybe nobody looks sad because a) the person in the grave is Donna or b) the actor in question asked to be released from his/her contract for whatever reasons...

However I still have difficulties with killing off Felicity's mom just for the sake of it...

Edited by Belinea

Well, maybe nobody looks sad because a) the person in the grave is Donna or b) the actor in question asked to be released from his/her contract for whatever reasons...

The visit by Guggie and Wendy Mericle has me convinced it's a regular. I don't see them traveling to Vancouver for Charlotte Ross (who I think was actually in LA at the time).

Re somebody being released, that would most likely be DR, who has various other projects. I just don't think it's Diggle. I don't necessarily think they'd let DR go if he asked. I don't see them replacing John with Andy, Echo Kellum has another project next season, and I don't think they want it to be Oliver + three women. I definitely think it's one of the Lances. (I'd be okay with it being Thea, too, but I don't think it is her.)

Edited by AyChihuahua
  • Love 4

PB's looks about the same to me. I don't think it's Digg, at all, so I haven't really looked at DR's Twitter. (Also, DR, EBR, WH, and SA seemed pretty cheery in the BTS vid. They are actors, of course, but...)

Is DR even active enough on Twitter to judge anything by it?

In terms of social media, I think PB and KC may be the easiest to figure out. He posts current photos from the set and does a once a month Facebook spree. If there are a couple months with no photos....

KC posts a lot but she also posts some old ones so I don't think that pics could be a good indications. The biggest indication though is she doesn't seem to live in Van full time. I can't see her spending her week days up there and just flying out on weekends if she gets let go.

In terms of social media, I think PB and KC may be the easiest to figure out. He posts current photos from the set and does a once a month Facebook spree. If there are a couple months with no photos....

It really says nothing good about me that my chief reason for not wanting Lance to be offed is because I don't want to miss out on PB's excellent BTS photos.

• Love 5

I think the biggest indicator for KC is her Con appearances. It's good exposure, yes. But I don't think she could keep her composure about being fired when asked to  talk about Arrow, which she will. Not just at panel but at interviews during the con. 

It occurs to me that KCs interviews could stay exactly the same and nothing would be given away. WM teased a big thing coming up for Laurel but KC didn't talk it up at all. She made a comment but wasn't selling it.

• Love 1

KC posts a lot but she also posts some old ones so I don't think that pics could be a good indications. The biggest indication though is she doesn't seem to live in Van full time. I can't see her spending her week days up there and just flying out on weekends if she gets let go.

I think she does live in Vancouver full time this season. I remember reading about how she got her own place there and sold her place in LA. Her new boyfriend is also based in Vancouver (he owns the gym SA and the rest of the cast works out at)

I think she does live in Vancouver full time this season. I remember reading about how she got her own place there and sold her place in LA. Her new boyfriend is also based in Vancouver (he owns the gym SA and the rest of the cast works out at)

Yeah, she said in an interview that she sold her home in LA. I cannot remember, though, whether she bought a place in Vancouver or is renting. On the plus side for anyone who's canned who lives in Vancouver, though, I hear the real estate market there is hopping, so they should come out of it financially okay.

Edited by AyChihuahua

Question for anyone who checks KC's Twitter more than I: has she changed the text at the top at all? I know she hasn't changed the Arrow header and the BC pic, but I thought the text used to say something about her playing the Black Canary on Arrow, and now it doesn't. I could just be dreaming that though, reaching for straws. I haven't been to her Twitter page in a long time.

Yeah, she said in an interview that she sold her home in LA. I cannot remember, though, whether she bought a place in Vancouver or is renting. On the plus side for anyone who's canned who lives in Vancouver, though, I hear the real estate market there is hopping, so they should come out of it financially okay.

Doesn't she live with that actress on Flash?

Seeing this post reminded me of interviews with LOST members who would try to pick the brains of the writers before they made major life decisions like buying property. The actor who played Sawyer on LOST, definitely called JJ before he signed for his house. "SO should I buy a place, or is that not going to necessary?" was sorta how the convo went according to him. Don't believe he ever go an answer. Vancouver is no Hawaii, but I can imagine buying real estate anywhere makes things feel permanent. It would stink to buy something and then find out you won't need it in a few months. Luckily, it does seem like there is a lot being filmed in Vancouver these days. It does seem like a nice area.

Edited by kismet

Hehe, you guys are gonna drive yourselves crazy looking for hints from the actor on social media. I don't think it's gonna be as easy or obvious as CH last season. 

Maybe, but it was someone else who spoiled Moira's death IIRC. Does anyone remember who it was, or was it just an anonymous Reddit source? Same with Thea being Sara's killer - that was leaked beforehand too, and not by him.

ETA: but to the larger point that it will probably be spoiled some other way than through the cast member's SM, yes I agree.

Edited by Starfish35
  • Love 2

Moira's death and funeral were shot on location, so they were easy to spoil by anyone watching them filming. There were reports from both scenes back then.

I figure if they actually shoot the funeral, all the paps will need to do is look at who isn't on location that day.

Maybe, but it was someone else who spoiled Moira's death IIRC. Does anyone remember who it was, or was it just an anonymous Reddit source? Same with Thea being Sara's killer - that was leaked beforehand too, and not by him.

ETA: but to the larger point that it will probably be spoiled some other way than through the cast member's SM, yes I agree.

The funeral was spoiled by a day player. She posted a selfie in funeral garb and mentioned shooting a funderal scene with KC. This lead to speculation that it was Sara's death, or Blood's or possibly a flashback to Tommy's funeral, because we only knew about KC being in the scene.

Moira's death scene was spoiled by a crew member (think it was a camerman). Apparently he told his cousin or brother and that person blabbed on either Reddit or 4Chan.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 2

Although fans had speculated Sara's death before Season 2 ended, it wasn't really spoiled, was it? So maybe they've gotten better hiding the big deaths and we won't have a clue.

Or someone  who knows someone tells someone who posts it on Reddit and we won't believe it because the information is extremely detailed (like in Moira's case), LOL!

• Love 3

It's been around a week, maybe 5/6 days, since we guess the person was told. While I still don't think it's Laurel, KC does seem to be posting maybe a little more fashion/casual selfies stuff and a little less Arrow stuff. She had been pushing LoT, etc., but other than retweeting Bam's pic of Laurel and Oliver sparring, there haven't been any Arrowverse tweets since before we think the person was informed. (I don't count the gym video, bc that's not Arrow, that's SA/PB/her, which she should keep doing for the exposure.)

I'm on the stalking train. I followed KC for that express purpose.  I feel so cheap. 

She deleted the "Sometimes when things are falling apart, they may actually be falling in place" quote/pic from her instagram.

Of course I'm not very good at this stalking thing yet.  What does this mean?!!  It being posted didn't mean anything to me but it being taken down suddenly makes me think it was meaningful.  Also, does anyone remember if the picture of her kind of rolled over on her side laughing with the caption "Just smile" had been up before?  Instagram just say it's a week old so it's hard to tell if was put up to replace the quote or if it was already there from before (hence my need to get better at stalking)   

• Love 1

Of course I'm not very good at this stalking thing yet.  What does this mean?!!  It being posted didn't mean anything to me but it being taken down suddenly makes me think it was meaningful.  Also, does anyone remember if the picture of her kind of rolled over on her side laughing with the caption "Just smile" had been up before?  Instagram just say it's a week old so it's hard to tell if was put up to replace the quote or if it was already there from before (hence my need to get better at stalking)   

That one went up during the HVFF last week with everything being either cancelled or shuffled around. I think it's only related to that.

• Love 1

Screen times for 4.11 AWOL:

Diggle: 18.18

Oliver: 16.08

Felicity: 13.55 (plus 4.23 as Gothlicity)

Laurel: 6.39

Thea: 4.17

Screen times season to date (Arrow episodes only):

Oliver: 4h20m38

Felicity: 2h17m11

Diggle: 1h58m05

Thea: 1h52m34

Laurel: 1h42m21

Lance: 53m35

Malcolm: 20m12

Damien: 34m26

Edited by Ceylon5
  • Love 4

Nah i believe it for what the show is telling me. Why are her storylines and relationship getting closure. Why didnt Quentin get a final talk with his daughter. But they gave a scene like that to Laurel and Sara. And i compare it to the times KC actually really promoted a show. Like s3. Even the smallest training session with Wildcat was promoted by her because she liked the direction her storyline was going. This season not so much.

• Love 4

I'm perplexed about the screentime above..why count Gothlicity separately? Besides, I don't remember that many scenes with just her, weren't they both on screen most of the time? That wouldn't count as a 'plus',then.

Still, I appreciate that she takes the time to do this every week. Thanks for posting!

• Love 1

I'm perplexed about the screentime above..why count Gothlicity separately? Besides, I don't remember that many scenes with just her, weren't they both on screen most of the time? That wouldn't count as a 'plus',then.

Still, I appreciate that she takes the time to do this every week. Thanks for posting!

I added the Gothlicity part in for my own entertainment, because technically if you've got two Felicities on screen at the same time, that should count as twice as much screentime (imo)!  Twice as much Felicity, twice as much acting, twice as much screentime!  (For clarification, the 13.55 is just for Felicity, of which 4.23 had Gothlicity on the screen at the same time - if you counted their times cumulatively, it would be 18.18 in total for Emily.)

Edited by Ceylon5
  • Love 5

I added the Gothlicity part in for my own entertainment, because technically if you've got two Felicities on screen at the same time, that should count as twice as much screentime (imo)!  Twice as much Felicity, twice as much acting, twice as much screentime!  

Oh, okay then! Makes sense :) 

The Chicago Heroes and Villains Fest just added some more guests. 

Heroes & Villains FanFest-Chicago, March 12-13, 2016 (Rosemont, IL)
Stephen Amell, David Ramsey, Katie Cassidy, Willa Holland, Paul Blackthorne, Katrina Law, Colin Donnell and Neal McDonough, Bex Taylor-Klaus (also Ciara Renee, Teddy Sears, Danielle Panabaker, Carlos Valdes, Caity Lotz and Robbie Amell)
http://heroesfanfest.com/chicago/

• Love 2

She probably say that her contract doesnt allow her to talk about it.

I don't expect her to dish. I don't think, though, that she'll be able to fake it out if she was let go. She couldn't when CL came in to be the Canary in S2. It takes a really high level of professionalism to do that (which, to be clear, I do not have...I'd be visibly upset for months if I were let go, AND had to keep going in to work for a couple months afterwards).

Edited by AyChihuahua
  • Love 1

Well depending on whether she has secured a new role, she might need to keep her con commitments for the $$. She can say that her contract does not allow her to talk about it, which is what I expect to do. I also can imagine that there will be a time when she will want to do cons, so that she can commiserate with her fans about how horrible it was to to kill off LL and how much everyone misses her.

I feel like her social media might be a good indicator. But I think the cons could go either way because there is $$ in the cons and everyone needs $$. Plus it fills the ego to have people pay to want to see or take a picture with you. She might not always keep every commitment, but unless something else comes up that conflicts with it, I can see her going to the cons despite being off the show, at least until the first con is too hard for her or she is forced to do too many group panels.

• Love 2