Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

I think whoever gave the 411 on social media to KC and her team did it from a fashion blogger stance, and that's how it's managed. Lots and lots of scheduled in advance SUPER TREATED images of perfect makeup/vacation/luxury stuff, and a little spontaneous stuff about her second gig, that tv show on the pretty face network.

But just as a human being, it doesn't occur to her to throw in an actual reference to the VERY RECENT professional accomplishments of the very close friend she's taking the time to tag? I mean if I had a HUGE professional accomplishment, most of my friends would not mention it on Twitter, bc pretty much none of my friends are on Twitter. But if one of them was on Twitter and took the time to tweet me after said huge professional accomplishment, she'd throw in a quick congrats. That's just sort of how typical human beings would behave.

And yeah, her posts re "things" with super high-end purses and really ugly shoes have annoyed me for awhile, but that's just me.

I get what you're saying, but KC is not even using Twitter to post images. She schedules pics to go up on Instagram, that are automatically forwarded to Twitter. For all I know, she's pre-programmed this one before the Oscar noms came out.

Edited by dtissagirl
  • Love 3

If you try to sell a friendship with a hashtag like #KamilyFamily but only do it when its beneficial to you, that at least to me seems the definition of a PR friendship. Everything plays out on social media, but suddenly when the attention revolves solely on " your friend" it is suppose to be private? And only private when KC isnt involved. Yeah OK.

• Love 4

"Receipts" is the word that came to mind when somebody mentioned StilettoRoyalty's Tumblr post ... speaking of, is there a screencap somewhere of Canadagraph's post about having a crush on Emily? Someone upthread mentioned he'd accidentally outed himself on his CD account. Thanks!

Edited by SmallScreenDiva
  • Love 1

The post was honest that's why it caused controversy. I didn't even find it harsh. It's practically the truth and she keeps making it true just based on how she posts pictures of EBR.

Funny EBR gives congrats to KC all the time without having KC's fans yell at EBR on social media to acknowledge her. It's not until other fans tell KC that she should give a congrats back. It's a kind thing to do.

It seems to be forgotten that we don't run their lives or social media accounts, to demand things of them is laughable. Just like i laughed when EBR was scolded for posting pictures of KC.

In the end i dont get why anyone would try to tell KC to give support or even care what she posts when they don't care for hher but yet she still gets checked on and analyzed to death.

The post was honest that's why it caused controversy. I didn't even find it harsh. It's practically the truth and she keeps making it true just based on how she posts pictures of EBR.

Funny EBR gives congrats to KC all the time without having KC's fans yell at EBR on social media to acknowledge her. It's not until other fans tell KC that she should give a congrats back. It's a kind thing to do.

It seems to be forgotten that we don't run their lives or social media accounts, to demand things of them is laughable. Just like i laughed when EBR was scolded for posting pictures of KC.

In the end i dont get why anyone would try to tell KC to give support or even care what she posts when they don't care for hher but yet she still gets checked on and analyzed to death.

This is celebrity culture. They know they are going to be scrutinized. I'm sorry but if she was a friend she wouldn't post a picture of herself with EBR all the time and after big career news comes out about Emily. I know you're a fan of hers but even you have to admit it's sketchy.

We just spent pages and pages going on about how SA can be ridiculous on social media. KC is not being treated any differently.
  • Love 5

We just spent pages and pages going on about how SA can be ridiculous on social media. KC is not being treated any differently.

The Arrow cast certainly has not been disappointing this week! Lots of entertainment:)

Talking about what someone says on social media is different from  complaining because they don't give out enough thanks or whatever. Stephen is very middle ground around these parts, what I've seen, KC isn't. 

I think in today's world with the amount of paparazzi and "inside sources" that there is,  social media is in a way for celebrities to self-control their image. They can give fans an inside look into their lives and what they love/think/do. So because it is self-controlled by the celebrity we think of it as their "true" self (because that's how we use it), and so we judge it as such. It's our access to celebrities without all of the production. So Katie Cassidy's Twitter account is going to be judged by the fandom as her true self (and IMO, the image she gives isn't the best). 

It happened Stephen Amell too, the more he uses social media, and the more of his answers from Facebook I see, the less I like him. His image on social media when he first started was great, and then he slowly started to show his "true" image and it's kind of a problematic one. 

Things can be taken out of context because it is just 140 characters or a picture, or whatever. But when the things happen repeatedly it is hard to stick to that claim. With Amell, I used to brush off some of the things he said that I found problematic because from everything else I could see, it was just a one off thing. But the one off things started to become the regular, and now it seems he has more problematic moments that good moments. 

• Love 10

I'm on an iPad and Don't know how tocopy a tweet, but SA tweeted that he thinks there's a chance of 4x10 through 4x13 to be special. On the one hand, that's not such a ringing endorsement. On the other, the last time he was woooo about a batch of episodes, I know I had a varying reaction to them.

• Love 1

I'm on an iPad and Don't know how tocopy a tweet, but SA tweeted that he thinks there's a chance of 4x10 through 4x13 to be special. On the one hand, that's not such a ringing endorsement. On the other, the last time he was woooo about a batch of episodes, I know I had a varying reaction to them.

Someone on my timeline pointed out that EBR "liked" the tweet (sidenote: I miss "favouriting" tweets). So hopefully that means that these episodes are actually good and that good things are coming for Felicity. 

• Love 1

Talking about what someone says on social media is different from  complaining because they don't give out enough thanks or whatever. Stephen is very middle ground around these parts, what I've seen, KC isn't. 

I haven't seen any complaining. I've seen acknowledgement that KC has a pattern of behavior on social media that belies her BFF4EVAH! friendship with EBR, and observations that she doesn't talk much about her co-stars like other actors do. That's rather mild compared to SA being called thin-skinned and humorless for his behavior on twitter.

• Love 4

Someone on my timeline pointed out that EBR "liked" the tweet (sidenote: I miss "favouriting" tweets). So hopefully that means that these episodes are actually good and that good things are coming for Felicity.

Has she praised episodes so far and which were they?

I never really trust any of their judgment on anything. LOL. I'll watch and make up my own mind. I'm always baffled as to why people even ask because yeah, SA & Co are really gonna say "No, the show is shit, don't even bother, worst episodes we've ever done!" LOL.

• Love 9

I never really trust any of their judgment on anything. LOL. I'll watch and make up my own mind. I'm always baffled as to why people even ask because yeah, SA & Co are really gonna say "No, the show is shit, don't even bother, worst episodes we've ever done!" LOL.

True, but I was going by the tweet he did unprompted. Or at least I think he did. Honestly, after Facebook, I think it just comes down to him being bored on the plane and this is how he chose to kill time.

• Love 1

True, but I was going by the tweet he did unprompted. Or at least I think he did. Honestly, after Facebook, I think it just comes down to him being bored on the plane and this is how he chose to kill time.

Oh, I just meant in general, not to you specifically. Plenty of people always ask him what to expect and if the episodes are epic. I just don't see the point tbh. He's there to sell a brand, so to speak, so he's always going to speak in favor of things.

Edited by Angel12d
  • Love 2

Well he usually keeps his personal opinions to himself and only voices them after the episodes air. He once said that they always had problems with the episode after the hiatus but 3x10 changes that. I still didn't consider that to be a good episode.

Saying that episodes have a chance to be pretty special doesn't mean the viewer agrees. Or they might be pretty because it is a daring move that as a whole nobody saw coming.

I mean he also seemed to like the BM storyline. Good knows that really few people agreed with that. So, it could be good but that it doesn't have to be.

Edited by Belinea

@amellywood

Just watched a network cut of Arrow ep 412. So fired up to see 413. 410 - 413 have a chance to be special.

Remember how he told us that we would love the "Oliver is missing" episodes last season?  Or how The Promise was the best episode to date?

Where are the "hysterically laughing" emoijis when you need one?

• Love 2

SA basically says that every episode or group of episodes are the BEST EPISODES EVAH!!2!@! before they air. He's just a good soldier. IMO his expressed opinion means nothing for that reason...he's just doing his job. To the extent he's honest about anything he doesn't care for it's usually either episodes that are long past or very general things, such as not liking Oliver being a bit of a manho (although I think that's been really exaggerated) and Oliver being kind of a wuss now.

Plus, dude publicly expressed support for BMD. That's like someone saying the Star Wars prequels are way better than 4-6...all credibility leaves the building.

• Love 3

Remember how he told us that we would love the "Oliver is missing" episodes last season? Or how The Promise was the best episode to date?

Where are the "hysterically laughing" emoijis when you need one?

I remember him saying that but other people I've talked to claim he never said anything positive about 310-312. It's always funny what sticks with you depending on where you spend your time.

Is anyone here going to the NYC/NJ Heroes and Villains fanfest? The one in SJ was pretty entertaining (sometimes in a secondhand embarrassment sort of way)

Sorry no, I'm taking a break from the show right now, not planning on giving the idiots my money when I'm not happy with the show. Edited by Morrigan2575

I remember SA telling the audience to give 310-12 a chance on the Arrow after show but I don't remember him telling us that we'll love them... hmm I may be mistaken. Maybe he was telling us give LL's arc a chance in 310-312... IDK

I remember SA telling the audience to give 310-12 a chance on the Arrow after show but I don't remember him telling us that we'll love them... hmm I may be mistaken. Maybe he was telling us give LL's arc a chance in 310-312... IDK

My memory is telling me he said something about how he thought that 2x10 was one of their weakest episodes, and the episodes after the winter break are always tough but that season three was different? And something about 3x10-3x13 being one of their strongest runs of episodes? It may have been on Facebook? I have no idea-- but him saying 2x10 was weak and that 3x10 wasn't sticks out in my mind for some reason...Probably because I love 2x10 and consider it the last of the best episodes, so for him to think the opposite was weird. 

• Love 2

It was on the Arrow After Show when the guy expressed he was concerned about the episodes when Oliver wasn't going to be on, and then added that he didn't buy Laurel becoming the Black Canary.  SA talked up the episodes as being really good.

He also loved The Promise, which I ended up turning off.  He likes the action episodes best, but at this point, all the action seems the same so I fast forward through those scenes.

It's weird. He may seem to like action episodes the best... But his favorite moments of the show are usually character moments like on that plane in 320 (which I thought was a great moment). 

I don't trust SA AT ALL when it comes to the quality of episodes. But the guy is trying to do his job so more power to him I guess? And tbh, he might've said 310-312 was great but he didn't seem all that happy about it during that time. I don't think he was a fan of barely being on the show for 3 episodes

• Love 7

He also loved The Promise, which I ended up turning off.  He likes the action episodes best, but at this point, all the action seems the same so I fast forward through those scenes.

I don't know about whole episodes, but I do remember him pointing out Oliver's scene with Felicity on the plane in 3x20 as his favorite from that episode. And it's the opposite of action. Or his confrontation with Quentin about Darhk this year. I feel like he's talked those scenes up more than once. Plus, he always talked up working with Susannah Thompson. And rightfully so.

• Love 1

He knows that the character scenes are the ones that grab people but I think he likes the action episodes the best.

I don't know about whole episodes, but I do remember him pointing out Oliver's scene with Felicity on the plane in 3x20 as his favorite from that episode. And it's the opposite of action. Or his confrontation with Quentin about Darhk this year. I feel like he's talked those scenes up more than once. Plus, he always talked up working with Susannah Thompson. And rightfully so.

The scene with Quentin was good, I imagine because Oliver finally got to say to Quentin everything he'd wanted to say for years.  He's been very generous about what he learned from Susanna Thompson (curse them for killing Moira!).

I know he said the scene in the plane was the best Olicity scene of season 3 but when I saw it, I just thought "Is that all there is?"

I hope he's right. We've been burned before when he said that about the season 3 arc. Lol the only good episode before that arc was 3x10 because of the way they show Original Team Arrow (Felicity) dealing with the news. Plus from that episode she got a lot of really good reviews for it.

• Love 1

Really? I think the guy has said over and over again that without the character moments the action scenes mean nothing which makes me think he prefers them over the action ones. IDK I guess it's all up to interpretation and no one other than SA would really know :) 

• Love 3

I also recall Stephen saying the action is nothing without character and the scene with Felicity in the plane was his favorite.  I think he has to talk up the action to appeal to the action lovers in the audience, but I think he remembers the character moments more. JMHO

• Love 4

I also recall Stephen saying the action is nothing without character and the scene with Felicity in the plane was his favorite.  I think he has to talk up the action to appeal to the action lovers in the audience, but I think he remembers the character moments more. JMHO

How could he possibly remember any post-S2 action scenes enough to distinguish between them? "Oliver fights these dudes, in the dark, there are a couple, I don't know who they are or why Oliver's fighting them, and then Katie and Willa do some stuff, and then Oliver fights in the dark some more, and some people jump off some stuff when they really shouldn't, and it's really dark, and I THINK Oliver's hitting a bad guy...not real sure since I can't see them very well. And then Katie flips her hair, and then Atlin punched a couple guys and stood there until someone came close enough to be punched, and...wait, which fight scene post-S2 were we talking about again? They all kinda run together at this point."

• Love 5

How could he possibly remember any post-S2 action scenes enough to distinguish between them? "Oliver fights these dudes, in the dark, there are a couple, I don't know who they are or why Oliver's fighting them, and then Katie and Willa do some stuff, and then Oliver fights in the dark some more, and some people jump off some stuff when they really shouldn't, and it's really dark, and I THINK Oliver's hitting a bad guy...not real sure since I can't see them very well. And then Katie flips her hair, and then Atlin punched a couple guys and stood there until someone came close enough to be punched, and...wait, which fight scene post-S2 were we talking about again? They all kinda run together at this point."

I'm not Stephen Amell, so I don't know what he remembers but I do remember what's he's mentioned as being memorable moments. The only action scenes I recall him mentioning was the sliding down the staircase and the parkour stuff. IMO he speaks more fondly of the character moments than the action moments.  Just my opinion.

• Love 3

I'm not Stephen Amell, so I don't know what he remembers but I do remember what's he's mentioned as being memorable moments. The only action scenes I recall him mentioning was the sliding down the staircase and the parkour stuff. IMO he speaks more fondly of the character moments than the action moments.  Just my opinion.

Oh yeah, in S1 and S2, when both those stunts happened, they were memorable. And creative. Now they are repetitive and boring, and I honestly doubt he can remember well enough to distinguish between them (with obvious exceptions such as first Oliver/Ra's fight, which I think is massively overrated, but was at least quasi-memorable).

Oh yeah, in S1 and S2, when both those stunts happened, they were memorable. And creative. Now they are repetitive and boring, and I honestly doubt he can remember well enough to distinguish between them (with obvious exceptions such as first Oliver/Ra's fight, which I think is massively overrated, but was at least quasi-memorable).

I guess I don't understand your point. It feels like you're disagreeing with me, but then maybe not. I'm sorry. I'm confused.

I guess I don't understand your point. It feels like you're disagreeing with me, but then maybe not. I'm sorry. I'm confused.

Not disagreeing that he remembers the character moments better at all. I'm sure he remembers and cares about the character moments more no matter what, because the action scenes are indistinguishable.

Most importantly, making fun of the show, not at all of your point.

The kid who plays the spawn apparently has a twitter now. Not going to link it, but search actorJackMoore. Seems like a terrible idea to me; he's too young for that. Also, I hate seeing anyone promo that crapfest of a storyline. Just please, please don't make him a regular/recurring. Ship them off to witness protection forever. I CANNOT handle a kid on this show as a regular/recurring. Nikita the hell out of that shit, ASAP.

• Love 1

It occurs to me that the two answers aren't mutually exclusive. SA could claim that the emotional scenes are his favorite AND claim the action episodes are the best.

It's like if you ask me what's the best TV show you've ever watched? My answer would be The West Wing.

If you asked for my favorite TV Show, it would be Supernatural.

Both answers are true.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 13

And per past interviews, for a long time they had a strained, weird relationship because of all the focus on them.  Not saying they didn’t get along, just that it was weird.  I remember GA saying when DD ran off and secretly got married that she got one of the calls about it from DD afterwards that he made letting close friends and family know (so they didn’t hear about it first on the TV) and she being surprised he even considered her that kind of friend.

Was it because of the focus? Or just because it was moist in Vancouver? :D

Stephen's tweet.  I generally don't have the same reaction to most of the episodes he favors, maybe he'll prove me wrong this time:

https://twitter.com/amellywood/status/688414402295545856

Special doesn't always mean good.... It's one of those words that can go either way :/ We use it at my work when we can't be honest about what we really want to say. It's a code word.

That being said, SA often only gives accurate assessments of shows when he is most likely not sober... Everything else has a PR twist to his interpretation.

But hey let's hope he is correct. As of right now, nothing is exciting me about the upcoming episodes of ARROW. Every time I read an article about who's in the grave I wanna just write in the comments section, my excitement for this show.

• Love 2