Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

From PB's Facebook page.

Nice to see Mr & Mrs Claus at the Arrow Christmas party.

12391784_455788754632285_366093712410293

So the party was apparently held at the loft set. Which I don't know whether I find cute (at least one party held there without being crashed by a villain, presumably) or a bit on the you-couldn't-take-this-people-out-somewhere side of things.

I also stumbled across this pic from last season. I at least haven't seen it before. This one takes me down a path where Felicity and Thea will make a pact to never, ever show Oliver photos from the bachelorette party.

10946611_685580284895240_478457653_n.jpg

• Love 1

Are we sure the Arrow Christmas Party was on set? Normally it's at a venue. Santa and Mrs Clause do come to set, we've seen pics with SA/ST/WH with Santa as well as SA and his family in the last few years.

Looking back at SA's family picture with Santa/Mrs Clause that was from the Loft set as well. I'm thinking there are two parties one on set and one off set (usually on Saturday night).

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 1

Are we sure the Arrow Christmas Party was on set? Normally it's at a venue. Santa and Mrs Clause do come to set, we've seen pics with SA/ST/WH with Santa as well as SA and his family in the last few years.

I'm going by PB's comment about it being nice to have the Clauses at the Christmas party.

KC tweeted "Lost without you" to EBR yesterday, the day the Bello cover came out, with a picture of herself...not a mention of EBR's magazine cover.

Really, at this point I'm fairly sure that they are friendly colleagues at most, and that KC is glomming on to EBR.  Look at CH's tweet...he included a pic of the Bello cover.  KC is supposedly her BFF and doesn't include so much as a "Congrats on the cover"?  I get that this is all probably really hard for KC, but that's just a reason for them not really to be friends. 

• Love 7

KC tweeted "Lost without you" to EBR yesterday, the day the Bello cover came out, with a picture of herself...not a mention of EBR's magazine cover.

Really, at this point I'm fairly sure that they are friendly colleagues at most, and that KC is glomming on to EBR.  Look at CH's tweet...he included a pic of the Bello cover.  KC is supposedly her BFF and doesn't include so much as a "Congrats on the cover"?  I get that this is all probably really hard for KC, but that's just a reason for them not really to be friends. 

There is a part of me that thinks a lot of KC's Twitter is somehow preprogrammed.  So often her tweets seem oddly timed for their content. 

• Love 1

I know I'm in the minority but I'm never going to read celebrity friends' interactions on social media as indicative of the status of their real-life relationships. It's not like EBR really promotes all of KC's activities either. They both seem to do those cutesy, OTT tweets at each other because they think it's funny, not because they're using them to have serious conversation about what they mean to each other.

• Love 7

I know I'm in the minority but I'm never going to read celebrity friends' interactions on social media as indicative of the status of their real-life relationships. It's not like EBR really promotes all of KC's activities either. They both seem to do those cutesy, OTT tweets at each other because they think it's funny, not because they're using them to have serious conversation about what they mean to each other.

I don't expect actor friends to respond to everything any more than non-actor friends, but the magazine cover/spread is a pretty big deal.  And to tweet SOMETHING to EBR the day the cover came out, but not mention it?  A simple congrats would have covered it.  Like if I tweeted to my friend the day she made partner at a law firm, knowing she made partner, but not mentioning it?  That'd also be weird.

• Love 3

She and Colton just took Katie on holiday with them. I really doubt their just being friendly to save face in public because they are certainly in no way expected to spend their leisure time together. But this subject is getting close to that dead horse gif that keeps popping up.

• Love 6

The Maui trip seems like a destination for both Arrow and Flash people. Last year mostly the stunt people, make up artis and Emily were part of the trip.

I really find it funny that Emily acknowledged KC getting that award for her addiction storyline, promoted KCs movie last year and even the relaunch of her blog, but KC stays pretty mum.

• Love 7

I was wondering if they were all in Maui, because Victor Garber posted a pic there and tagged it "dclegendsoftomorrow" but...I just kinda thought maybe it was a mistake because he is still getting the hang of this stuff. :) Anyway, very cute if a bunch of Flarrowverse people are hanging in Maui together. 

• Love 2

I really find it funny that Emily acknowledged KC getting that award for her addiction storyline, promoted KCs movie last year and even the relaunch of her blog, but KC stays pretty mum.

I've noticed that KC's social media accounts are used mostly to self advertise, to the point where even her personal tweets come off as calculated promotion. As far as I can tell, KC's twitter is only about herself and her projects; her likes and RTs are all about BC, articles mentioning her, or other tweets praising her. I have no idea if she and EBR are good friends or not, but her activity on social media is probably not the best source to draw conclusions from.

• Love 10

Stuff like that makes me not buy that friendship at all.Its weird for me that they are supposed to be so close but KC totally ignores her cover but tweets her the same day it came out when Emily promoted her stuff before and even congratulated her on her prism award.Pretty much all of EBR's close friends tweeted something about it and supported her.I know not everything can be seen from social media ofcourse but stuff like this is pretty telling to me especially considering how out of nowhere the whole BFF thing came.I doubt they have drama betwen them or anything but I do think the whole thing is mostly PR.

• Love 6

I've noticed that KC's social media accounts are used mostly to self advertise, to the point where even her personal tweets come off as calculated promotion. As far as I can tell, KC's twitter is only about herself and her projects; her likes and RTs are all about BC, articles mentioning her, or other tweets praising her. I have no idea if she and EBR are good friends or not, but her activity on social media is probably not the best source to draw conclusions from.

What does she do or say that isn't self-advertising?  That's really kind of my point.  Everything is all about her.  That's not at all atypical in Hollywood, of course, but that just supports the idea that she's pretty self-centered.

• Love 2

EBR does though. She RTed that Scribbler movie trailer and lots of other stuff. KC never does for EBR.

This is total speculation, but KC comes across as uptight and narcissistic, but EBR seems more free-spirited and possessing a tad more grace.  EBR also seems like someone who invests in relationships, as evidenced by her interviews and social media.  So, I sometimes wonder if EBR's friendship with KC isn't so much for PR as it is that EBR happily gets along with people and finds it a little difficult to extricate herself from a relationship with someone with whom she works closely.  For one reason or another, I've been "trapped" in friendships longer than I should have been with people who didn't really deserve it.

Again, it's all speculation, but I agree that BFFs support each other.  So, KC's silence on EBR's accomplishment despite tweeting her anyway on the same day is odd. But, I don't care for KC, so I'm sure that colors almost all of my perceptions of her.

Edited by EmeraldArcher
  • Love 11

I just have to ask... In the end what does it really matter if they're friends or not?

It's their lives, their choices, their mistakes, their supposed fakeness... 

If it's a real friendship, good for them. If it's fake, then it's honestly none of our business, I just hope no one gets hurt in the process. 

All I know is after Arrow is over, most of the cast probably won't even interact as much. So in the end it's probably just a moot point anyways. 

Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 12

What does she do or say that isn't self-advertising? That's really kind of my point. Everything is all about her. That's not at all atypical in Hollywood, of course, but that just supports the idea that she's pretty self-centered.

I think her social media accounts are meant to advertise, and she doesn't actually communicate through them like EBR, SA, etc. Maybe I'm giving her too much credit, but her accounts seem as though they're run by a publicist/manager/assistant because the posts are often staged and impersonal.
  • Love 2

I think her social media accounts are meant to advertise, and she doesn't actually communicate through them like EBR, SA, etc. Maybe I'm giving her too much credit, but her accounts seem as though they're run by a publicist/manager/assistant because the posts are often staged and impersonal.

I think I would see it differently if it didn't seem to be very consistent with her personality.  Any time she's asked about the show, she talks about Laurel.  Or how much she works out and how ready for more action roles she is.  There have been a number of occasions she's been asked questions about non-Laurel storylines and she genuinely has no idea what is going on in non-Laurel storylines.  She is asked about Laurel and she talks about her workouts, her costume, and her lipstick, and hair.  So on social media she doesn't give a crap about her supposed very good friend's accomplishments; during cons she doesn't give a crap about anything not directly involving her/her character; and in interviews she doesn't talk about anything except herself/her character.  It wouldn't have taken her any more time to post a quick "congrats on Bello!" to EBR than it does to post a pic of herself and a comment about missing EBR.  Leave off the pic of herself and it would have taken LESS time for her to tweet a congrats.

Edited by AyChihuahua
  • Love 5

It's not very popular... But honestly it doesn't really matter. A magazine cover is a magazine cover just as an award is an award no matter how tiny it is. 

Yeah, just trying to get some perspective since I had never heard of this magazine. Definitely not disdaining it :)

• Love 1

Every time she gets called out she then posts about something about EBR. It wouldn't be a complete lie to think KC is a narcissist. It looks like she does it on purpose like she wants people to talk about her lack of congrats to her fellow co-workers and then strike back when everyone is mentioning her.

Edited by EmilyBettFan

BELLO seems to be really popular with the CW and just young Hollywood. I believe SA, EBR and KC have all done photo shoots. I know some from Jane the Virgin have also appeared. I wonder if it's popular in the LA area.

This is the most accurate description of KC's social media I have ever read. 

Yeah, that's my impression, that her twitter is likely not something she uses as a way to impulsively communicate with friends and seems like something that someone else vets and plans out for her.  She did get into that Twitter war with ...I forget...was it Chrissy Tiegen?  Anyway, it's not necessarily a bad thing just noticeable for it's lack of flexibility to react in a timely manner to unexpected stuff.    I don't think it's really a commentary on any possible friendship, just how she views Twitter.  It's a business tool. 

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 3

Funniest was KC's response to a fan saying she was not up to speed on her social media when it was pointed out that she chose to respond to a month old fan tweet praising her rather than talk about her supposed "BFF". Katie was busy liking every tweet mentioning her bikini photos but couldn't be bothered to notice Emily and her magazine cover which was tweeted by quite a lot of people she follows. At this point, Katie's thirst for reflected glory and attention is a well established fact.

• Love 3

Yeah, that's my impression, that her twitter is likely not something she uses as a way to impulsively communicate with friends and seems like something that someone else vets and plans out for her. She did get into that Twitter war with ...I forget...was it Chrissy Tiegen? Anyway, it's not necessarily a bad thing just noticeable for it's lack of flexibility to react in a timely manner to unexpected stuff. I don't think it's really a commentary on any possible friendship, just how she views Twitter. It's a business tool.

Ohh.. I forgot about that feud. That was probably the most real peek at who KC is personally. Maybe after that spat got so much bad publicity she decided to be more formal/business-like on Twitter?

Anyway, I think it's futile to try to suss out how actors really are based on SM and even interviews. They act for a living, so it's not a stretch for them to have a public persona they trot out when dealing with fans and the press. EBR, SA, and DR are comfortable talking about personal things like family and friends, KC prefers to talk about her own work. She also comes across as less poised and articulate compared to her castmates, so maybe it's not a bad thing for her to just stick to a script that's business only. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 8

There is a part of me that thinks a lot of KC's Twitter is somehow preprogrammed.  So often her tweets seem oddly timed for their content. 

If this is the case, I think she needs a better scheduler.

Honestly, I don't really care one way or the other - it's their lives and their "friendship". All I will say is I found it suspicious timing for KC to directly tweet a picture of herself to EBR. I had seem rumblings on twitter about some drama last night & used the search feature. Every other posts that had @ EBR in it included a photo or mention of the Bello magazine and then there was KC's picture of herself. It felt very narcissistic and not friendly at all. Bad timing or not, it just seemed suspect. But whatever, I doubt KC will ever change so I'm just gonna roll with it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

From Stephen Amell's Facebook today:

Sitting on the beach today eating lunch a young kid spotted me. He stopped dead in his tracks and then retreated towards his family. The phone came out (Google confirmation), and then his Dad came over and asked very nicely if I'd take a picture with all of his sons. Of course! Ten minutes later a beautiful bottle of champagne showed up as a thank you. (That's a cool Dad.) Later that afternoon the kid put me on the phone with his friend and at his request I screamed (quite politely...) Merry Christmas... YOU HAVE FAILED THIS CITY. As we were getting ready to leave I popped over to thank his Dad for the champagne. Kid sauntered over... He was two for two, after all. Do you know who Zoom is, he asked. I replied that I did. Will you tell me? I agreed but convinced this kid - thoroughly - that if he told anyone else, I'd find out and FIND HIM. So I leaned in and whispered... It's me. Full disclosure, it is NOT me, and I have no idea who it actually is. The look on his face was worth it though. Hey kid... If you're reading this, Merry Christmas.

• Love 7

He spent Christmas day, which is also happens to be his wedding anniversary, taking photos and chatting with fans?

Unless I missed something it seemed more like SA was approached by a kid while vacationing and, instead of telling the kid to bug off, SA spent a few moments out of his day being nice to him. I'm not sure where it seemed like SA was spending time interacting with multiple fans?

• Love 4

The dad sending a bottle of Champs over seemed to be his way of acknowledging asking for his time on X-mas day on his vacation was a bit of an ask, lol.  Still, sounds like the kid amused him a lot.  

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 3