Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

Nocking Point party was OK. I was really disappointed there was no Q&A. SA was hardly on stage at all; he spent the whole party mingling. (Trying to, anyway. Basically there was one group of fans that followed him around for most of the night. It was kind of frustrating for the rest of us that wanted to get a word in edgewise.) 

Were they the group of women who call themselves Stephen's traveling bandits and travel across North America attending every con and Nocking Point party ever? 

Were they the group of women who call themselves Stephen's traveling bandits and travel across North America attending every con and Nocking Point party ever?

From what I heard it was that group... I am amazed at how they can afford that and continue to take that much time off from work.

Edited by HighHopes
  • Love 1

That's so embarrassing...

Anyways, I don't think we want to wake up ragey baby by talking about other fans :p 

Are there any panels for tomorrow or is it just autographs and photos? 

Here's the rest of the Lance family panel:

Q: What would you change about your character?
CL said that she'd like Sara to be happier. But she also loves how complicated and deeply she feels things. KC feels that LL has come out of the dark place but still carries the weight of all that's happened in her life. She's grateful that LL's not crying all the time. PB comments on how they (the Lances) are all a miserable lot.

Q: Does BC have an upcoming storyline just about her? Or a nemesis, maybe?
KC said yes (unclear about yes to what), but she's not allowed to talk about it. She can't say if it'll happen this season because she doesn't know how this season will end, but she knows they're setting it up and that it's in the works.

Q: Will there be flashbacks for Sara like there are for Oliver?
CL doesn't know of any yet. But on LoT, they're traveling through time. So it offers a unique way of doing the flashbacks like instead of flashbacks, they can just go back to see a younger Sara and she can visit that time. Whether they'll actually do that, she doesn't know. But she would love to see more of Sara's transformation and her time in Nanda Parbat training with the LoA.

Q: How would Sara react when she finds out about Nyssa being married to Oliver?
CL thinks that Sara would be over it, because she's already been through so much at this point. Then she asks PB, KC, and the audience if they're still married. No one had an answer. CL is confused and points out that Oliver is dating Felicity, but he's married? PB jokingly rants about how Oliver has slept with everyone on the show, but Lance hasn't gotten any in 5 years.

The panel pauses for the con organizers to bring out a cake because it's KC's birthday, and everyone sings happy birthday. KC is very appreciative but looks a little embarassed and comments that she hates it when people sing happy birthday to her (!!! Like, I totally sympathize because I hate it too, but I've never said it out loud to my friends right after they've sung it!)

I didn't record the last question, but KC and PB talked about the scene in 404 with chained up Sara, and how they had approached the scene a certain way, but then Lexi Alexander stepped in and gave them a really different perspective on how to play it. PB went on about how this dynamic give and take with directors and other actors is how they get the spontaneous, authentic moments.

Overall, it was just kind of a weird panel in that everyone just seemed really distracted and not really there. The constant interruptions probably didn't help. (PB also paused the panel to promote his "Keep the rhinos horny" campaign and have CL sign the shirt. I'm starting to think he has a one track mind.)  CL was the most attentive, although both she and KC tuned out a couple times (they were checking their phones under the table) when PB was answering questions. I thought that was was a very authentic family dynamic.

Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 16

This con seems really open plan, like were the panels in the same room as everything else?

Yes, everything was all in the same room.

I asked the Walker Stalker staffer [who sat by us at the SA panel] about the open plan and she said they had to be really budget-conscious because they weren't sure how much of a turnout there'd be. Makes sense given that Groupon's had comp tix for a few months and that embarrassingly amateurish promo spot has been getting heavy rotation (they eventually re-recorded the horrific voiceover but the ad still sucks).

Nocking Point party was OK. I was really disappointed there was no Q&A. SA was hardly on stage at all; he spent the whole party mingling. (Trying to, anyway. Basically there was one group of fans that followed him around for most of the night. It was kind of frustrating for the rest of us that wanted to get a word in edgewise.) NM, JB, PB, Robbie Amell, and Bamford were at the party. Willa was only there for the very beginning. NM basically stole the show with his harmonica playing and gave a great speech about how this was his first con experience (SA talked him into joining) and he was really nervous, but he had such a great time because all the fans were so welcoming.

We thought the party was a bit of a letdown. [rant] They had staggered entrance times: 6:30 for VIP ticket holders, 7:00 for wine club members and 7:30 for everyone else. I'm a wine club member so I got there at 6:15-ish. The staff were sorting people into VIP and 'everyone else' lines and when I mentioned the wine club, they had no clue what I was talking about. Their supervisor hadn't heard of it either so he told me to wait in between the two lines while he sorted it out. (This is when SA came out and asked me if I knew where the restrooms were.) Supervisor guy then told me to start a third line on the other side of the door. Then a young guy came out and told me to just get in line behind the VIPs. Then another guy told me to go back to the other side of the door. Fun times. [/rant]

As for the party itself, it felt kind of like a work event after an off-site team-building exercise. The ambience, lighting and general set-up of the room didn't really lend itself to a party like this, although it's probably easier to mingle with the celebs in a conference room/ballroom setting than in a restaurant/club.

SA, JB, RA, PB, NM, et al. pretty much stayed on one side of the room for most of the evening so that's where 90% of the guests were crammed. There were four tiny counter-height tables spread out on the other side of the room (no seating anywhere) so we nabbed one and stayed out of the fray.

Like lemotomato said, SA was surrounded by the same group of women for much of the night, although they did seem to stay away when he was with his wife. (They also sat in front of me in the first row at SA's panel.) I got a chance to chat with him at the beginning of the party and later on when he happened to walk by our table and actually stopped to continue our conversation from earlier. Our second conversation was shortlived, though, because a horde of women descended, clamoring for selfies even though there were signs everywhere prohibiting photos, videos and autographs. (Although all the celebs seemed happy to oblige.)

I assume the venue was selected for budgetary reasons but I don't understand why we didn't get any singing, dancing (his wife was there, after all) or even the promised Q&A. We were getting bored but I wanted to stay for the Q&A. (My friend doesn't even watch the show so she's a saint for sticking it out with me.) I ducked out into the hallway to take a call and the next thing I knew, SA was leaving with his handler, although he was nice enough to pat me on the shoulder and whisper, "Thanks for coming."

A few questions for lemotomato and SleepDeprived: Did they explain why there was no Q&A? Did SA say good-bye to the crowd or did he just slip out? And who was the tall, bearded, brown-haired guy in the blue button-down? People kept taking pics with him but we didn't recognize him.

Also, apologies to lemotomato for repeating some of what you'd said, in my earlier post. I was in a hurry so I didn't have time to catch up on the thread before I posted. And thank you for your thorough recap!

Edited by dcinmb
  • Love 12

Here's some SA info from watching the Green Arrow panel video (posted above), plus some other video clips from the Heroes & Villains FanFest on Nov. 21st...

-- SA: "confusion, desperation, complete and utter sadness, and unbridled rage".
-- On advantage of having long-running show (versus a movie), SA said that "you have the ability to get real-time audience feedback... As an example, we started shooting our first season, and we shot nine episodes by the time the first episode airs. But then you get to gage the reaction of what the audience thinks and you get to cater your stories to what they either enjoy, or what really really pisses them off... Both of which are the same emotion, by the way. The only thing we don't want is indifference. So it really gives us a chance to craft a story. And I think if you have gutsy showrunners - and we do - it gives us a chance, not necessarily mid-season, but in between seasons, to reinvent certain characters. I mean, there's a lot different about Oliver this year than there was last year, and certainly the Oliver that we saw at the beginning of the show.  So for me personally, it continues to be a new exercise, and I continue to be able to flex new acting muscles, so to speak, as we go through the show. So that's our advantage."
-- When someone asked if he could bring EBR to the next fanfest, the audience cheered.  SA joked that she and CH are having a spa weekend and that may or may not be true.
-- SA still doesn't know who's in the grave.  When he shot the scene, he only knew two things: the person he wanted to kill was a "him", and the person in the grave was someone he cared a lot about.
-- A kid asked "When is Damien Darhk gonna die?" and the audience laughed.
-- SA said that "there are no plans for the goatee to happen on Arrow".
-- SA said that he loves some of the new aspects of Oliver and that Oliver can change, but the show remains the show ("tiger can't change its stripes").
-- SA never watched Smallville and doesn't know much about Justin Hartley's version of Oliver.
-- There were "loose plans" for SA to appear on Constantine before that show was cancelled.

Stunt Demo with DR and CL

JB Drops by Lances Panel

JB Having a Blast

Dance-Off between WH & NM versus JB & Christina Wren (Man of Steel)

PB, RA, CL, KC, DR and SA

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 6

KC said yes (unclear about yes to what), but she's not allowed to talk about it. She can't say if it'll happen this season because she doesn't know how this season will end, but she knows they're setting it up and that it's in the works.

Yeah, that's a no.

• Love 7

Thanks for the info!

Sorry the Nocking Point Party wasn't much of a party. Maybe the venue was messing it up (I think these are usually at bars or restaurants).

I wouldn't think such an open concept would work well. Trying to do a panel and seeing JB and NM having a nerf fight would be really distracting for me.

• Love 1

Thanks for all the gossip and info guys! 

You know, I bet JB is exhausting in real life but I wouldn't be surprised if he sensed that the Lance panel was a bit awkward or in need of something and so he just ran on stage to liven it up a bit and help them out!

Maybe the panels should have been in a separate room because it sounds like everything else happening in the same room might have been distracting for the actors to focus.

I'm pretty sure she said that before this season even started so she could have something but I doubt it. We would have seen some hints about it by now. 

I asked the Walker Stalker staffer [who sat by us at the SA panel] about the open plan and she said they had to be really budget-conscious because they weren't sure how much of a turnout there'd be. Makes sense given that Groupon's had comp tix for a few months and that embarrassingly amateurish promo spot has been getting heavy rotation (they eventually re-recorded the horrific voiceover but the ad still sucks).

We thought the party was a bit of a letdown. [rant] They had staggered entrance times: 6:30 for VIP ticket holders, 7:00 for wine club members and 7:30 for everyone else. I'm a wine club member so I got there at 6:15-ish. The staff were sorting people into VIP and 'everyone else' lines and when I mentioned the wine club, they had no clue what I was talking about. Their supervisor hadn't heard of it either so he told me to wait in between the two lines while he sorted it out. (This is when SA came out and asked me if I knew where the restrooms were.) Supervisor guy then told me to start a third line on the other side of the door. Then a young guy came out and told me to just get in line behind the VIPs. Then another guy told me to go back to the other side of the door. Fun times. [/rant]

As for the party itself, it felt kind of like a work event after an off-site team-building exercise. The ambience, lighting and general set-up of the room didn't really lend itself to a party like this, although it's probably easier to mingle with the celebs in a conference room/ballroom setting than in a restaurant/club.

SA, JB, RA, PB, NM, et al. pretty much stayed on one side of the room for most of the evening so that's where 90% of the guests were crammed. There were four tiny counter-height tables spread out on the other side of the room (no seating anywhere) so we nabbed one and stayed out of the fray.

Like lemotomato said, SA was surrounded by the same group of women for much of the night, although they did seem to stay away when he was with his wife. (They also sat in front of me in the first row at SA's panel.) I got a chance to chat with him at the beginning of the party and later on when he happened to walk by our table and actually stopped to continue our conversation from earlier. Our second conversation was shortlived, though, because a horde of women descended, clamoring for selfies even though there were signs everywhere prohibiting photos, videos and autographs. (Although all the celebs seemed happy to oblige.)

I assume the venue was selected for budgetary reasons but I don't understand why we didn't get any singing, dancing (his wife was there, after all) or even the promised Q&A. We were getting bored but I wanted to stay for the Q&A. (My friend doesn't even watch the show so she's a saint for sticking it out with me.) I ducked out into the hallway to take a call and the next thing I knew, SA was leaving with his handler, although he was nice enough to pat me on the shoulder and whisper, "Thanks for coming."

Wait, so you got to have 2 mini conversations with SA, he touched your shoulder and you got to direct him to the bathroom? That still sounds like a fun interaction. Plus there was wine, right ? :) Certainly funner than my Sat night :) Sorry no Q&A and it does seem like your rant was on point if the wine event was that disorganized. And the horde of women, that just sounds frustrating for everyone. I wonder if he had to keep it more low-key at this NP event because he has events on Sun. I also wonder if he has more of a personal/financial stake in this con, if he is trying to keep his behavior from getting too sloppy, hence a more subdued NP appearance.

Maybe next year they'll be able to be less budget focused on the venue, if this event gets good word of mouth afterwards. It does seem like they have a NY/NJ event in the works and maybe even a Chicago. So they must be meeting some expectations. May be their profit margin comes in the aftermarket or during the event sales like the signings and what not.

THANKS @Lemotomato, @SleepDeprived, @PrincessVanellope & @dcinmb for reporting back on the Con & NP event!

• Love 1

I'm pretty sure she said that before this season even started so she could have something but I doubt it. We would have seen some hints about it by now.

Yeah, I think it was one of the summer conventions. She said there was a S3 Laurel storyline that got dropped but, she couldn't talk about it because they might use it in S4.

This sounds vaguely similar in tone but different wording.

A few questions for lemotomato and SleepDeprived: Did they explain why there was no Q&A? Did SA say good-bye to the crowd or did he just slip out? And who was the tall, bearded, brown-haired guy in the blue button-down? People kept taking pics with him but we didn't recognize him.

Also, apologies to lemotomato for repeating some of what you'd said, in my earlier post. I was in a hurry so I didn't have time to catch up on the thread before I posted. And thank you for your thorough recap!

Ooh, it's nice that you got to interact with him. I didn't know that wine club members got to get in earlier so I got there at 7 and only got maybe an extra 15 minutes before the general admission people. 

No, SA didn't explain why there was no Q&A, at least not on stage. That time he was up to announce the results of the raffle and talk about the fundraising was the only time he talked to the general audience. I think he spent the rest of the evening behind/around the NP table and finally slipped out the side door with Drew. Not sure who the bearded guy in the blue shirt was. I can't really blame SA, though. From all accounts it sounded like he was running on little/no sleep and was doing his best all day to accommodate the fans. 

Thanks for posting about your experience too, dcinmb. You have much more insider info than I do! At some point I just kind of treated the whole event (con and NP party) like an episode of Nature and was just observing the crowd. ("Watch the pride of lionesses, insistently pursuing the lone gazelle....") The band was great, though. All the cast members were really really nice. And I had good conversations with other fans I met at the party. I've certainly never seen anyone play a harmonica as impressively as NM did, so that was fun.

Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 10

Has anyone ever actually seen SA drink his own wine? Because in all the pics I've seen of his wine parties, he's always drinking beer, which I find incredibly odd. He even drinks beer in the wine club videos. 

I hadn't noticed till you pointed it out but I don't think I have ever seen him drink wine.

I think Drew may be the wine guy and SA is more the face and financial heavy weight of the company.

SA seems to really enjoy his part. Those wine videos are funny. I got excited about that first one because I grew up in that area of CA and it was nice to recognize places. 

Has anyone ever actually seen SA drink his own wine? Because in all the pics I've seen of his wine parties, he's always drinking beer, which I find incredibly odd. He even drinks beer in the wine club videos. 

He was nursing a cup of beer (possibly the same cup) all evening. I hope he was drinking something better than what the bar offered, though, which was all run of the mill stuff. 

He honestly strikes me as a run of the mill beer kinda guy. I don't see him as a craft beer connoisseur or anything. As for not drinking the wine, I never really noticed but you guys are on the ball that he is usually always drinking beer in his wine videos he releases on social media. Never seen an episode of his Dudes in Wine Country, somehow I just can't get myself to want to pay to see it and never bothered to scour YouTube for extended videos or clips.

The Walker Stalker con that I went to a few years ago was their second or third one and it was completely unorganized, they had a semi open room, the panels were held in the middle of the room, sectioned off by curtains on three sides. Then they ran out of ink for the the printers, so they were hours behind on getting people their photo ops pictures. It was okay for me because I live by the convention center and could pick them up later but it was on Sunday and people lived far away or in different states couldn't just wait around for them. They ended up having to give everyone the digital download for free. 

I would think a complete open room would be distracting for the actors being able to see other activities going on while trying to hear and answer questions. 

When I was at SDCC in 2008 it was mess there as well, people were shoving and pushing to get into the autograph lines, I think someone got trampled on too. I remember that because I was talking to Gareth David-Lloyd (Ianto from Torchwood) when we saw a bunch of Paramedics run past us with a stretcher. We looked at each other and he said this place is insane of something like that. 

As for EBR when I met her she looked exhausted and I don't blame her but she was still nice and friendly talking to me about Game of Thrones and Orphan Black for about 10 minutes before more people started getting in line behind me. Every time she saw me afterwards she used her deep this is your Overlord voice about my shirt so that's kind of awesome now. :D

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 2

Sorry the Nocking Point Party wasn't much of a party. Maybe the venue was messing it up (I think these are usually at bars or restaurants).

I wouldn't think such an open concept would work well. Trying to do a panel and seeing JB and NM having a nerf fight would be really distracting for me.

I think the venue definitely hampered the party atmosphere. There are pics from the party here: http://amellynation.com/2015/11/21/new-fan-pics-of-stephen-amell-at-the-nocking-point-party-in-san-jose/

I was seated toward the front of the panel so I missed seeing JB drop his pants and had no idea NM was part of the JB Bungee/Trampoline show. I was very tempted to ditch the panel to go watch bouncy JB but didn't want to be rude to the Lances.

Oh and another sign that their con budget was very tight? They put one of those paper wristbands on me and told me not to take it off if I was planning to go back today. When I told them I was going to shower they said that they were "pretty sure the paper's waterproof." And if it fell apart to take the pieces in with me (!?!) One would think my 2-day badge would be enough to get me in but I guess not.

Wait, so you got to have 2 mini conversations with SA, he touched your shoulder and you got to direct him to the bathroom? That still sounds like a fun interaction. Plus there was wine, right ? :)

Very true. Sorry about the whining. I just don't see how they can justify charging $100 - $175 for what we got.

Ooh, it's nice that you got to interact with him. I didn't know that wine club members got to get in earlier so I got there at 7 and only got maybe an extra 15 minutes before the general admission people.

No, SA didn't explain why there was no Q&A, at least not on stage. That time he was up to announce the results of the raffle and talk about the fundraising was the only time he talked to the general audience. I think he spent the rest of the evening behind/around the NP table and finally slipped out the side door with Drew. Not sure who the bearded guy in the blue shirt was. I can't really blame SA, though. From all accounts it sounded like he was running on little/no sleep and was doing his best all day to accommodate the fans.

Thanks for posting about your experience too, dcinmb. You have much more insider info than I do! At some point I just kind of treated the whole event (con and NP party) like an episode of Nature and was just observing the crowd. ("Watch the pride of lionesses, insistently pursuing the lone gazelle....") The band was great, though. All the cast members were really really nice. And I had good conversations with other fans I met at the party. I've certainly never seen anyone play a harmonica as impressively as NM did, so that was fun.

They let us in at around 6:55 so you didn't miss anything. When SA was leaving at around 9:10, he was with his handler, not Drew, so I assumed that SA had left him in charge. We didn't bother going back into the room, though. Wasn't too impressed with the apps (which they removed very early for some inexplicable reason) so we ended up having dinner at Michael Mina's restaurant at the Marriott.

I love your Nature analogy. How about the 6-foot-plus-tall woman wearing stilettos?! She was by far the tallest person in the room.

And NM seems lovely. Years ago, I saw him at Neiman-Marcus Beverly Hills buying a diamond ring. It made an impression on me because he was counting out a huge stack of cash on the glass counter. Speaking of which, his wife is also very tall.

All of the celebs seemed friendly and approachable but the only one we spoke with other than SA was PB.

Are you going back today? I was planning to but am now thinking I'd rather go for a hike since we're supposed to get some much-needed rain on Tuesday. (Which means I get to take off my paper wristband!)

Edited by dcinmb

Please tell me that included an open bar and Top Shelf Alcohol

Nope. We got a NP stemless wine glass, two tickets good for drinks at the cash bar, unlimited NP wine tastings and a meager appetizer selection. At least I only had to pay $90 because of my wine club discount.

Edited by dcinmb
  • Love 1

Very true. Sorry about the whining. I just don't see how they can justify charging $100 - $175 for what we got.

Sorry, I didn't mean for it to sound like you were complaining. Not my intention :)  I loved your observations. At least you got to interact with him... the shoulder touch, got to admit a little jealous about that. And I hope you had fun. EEK, that admission price does seem pretty steep. A quick Q&A was the least he could have done, esp if there were other cast members there that could have joined in. I looked into joining the wine club, but they don't ship to my state. But even that was expensive and I was like really is this worth it?? Some of the gifts look nice, but I'm not sure I would wear that hat even for shoveling.

Oh and another sign that their con budget was very tight? They put one of those paper wristbands on me and told me not to take it off if I was planning to go back today. When I told them I was going to shower they said that they were "pretty sure the paper's waterproof." And if it fell apart to take the pieces in with me (!?!) One would think my 2-day badge would be enough to get me in but I guess not.

Had a similar experience about the wrist bands at another event years ago. Surprisingly, some of those paper bands are rather water resistant, as I have found out over the years.

Sorry, I didn't mean for it to sound like you were complaining. Not my intention :) I loved your observations. At least you got to interact with him... the shoulder touch, got to admit a little jealous about that. And I hope you had fun. EEK, that admission price does seem pretty steep. A quick Q&A was the least he could have done, esp if there were other cast members there that could have joined in. I looked into joining the wine club, but they don't ship to my state. But even that was expensive and I was like really is this worth it?? Some of the gifts look nice, but I'm not sure I would wear that hat even for shoveling.

Had a similar experience about the wrist bands at another event years ago. Surprisingly, some of those paper bands are rather water resistant, as I have found out over the years.

No need to apologize! I know you weren't implying anything. And yes, I was complaining! I'd just heard and seen so much about these parties so I expected more. I met a nice couple who'd flown in from Chicago and this was their fourth NP party—they said this one was a dud compared to the others.

As for the wine club, the wine is just okay and I would never have voluntarily purchased any of the "goods" that have been included (although I did buy the women's NP v-neck T last night) so I'm going to cancel after this next shipment, which will be my fourth. (Once you've joined you have to purchase a minimum of two shipments to avoid paying a penalty.)

When I was buying the T-shirt, the older lady behind the table said that I'd get $4 off if I bought another shirt. I asked if we'd get the discount if my friend got a different shirt and she said yes. So my friend chose the sweatshirt and the lady then said we couldn't get the discount. I told her that their restrictions didn't make sense because they would be better off selling us a higher-priced, higher-margin item for the same $4 discount but she just replied, "I'm German so you can't convince me." I don't even know what that means so I gave up and my friend did not buy the sweatshirt. Drew sure is lucky he has SA for a partner.

Edited by dcinmb
  • Love 1

Like lemotomato said, SA was surrounded by the same group of women for much of the night, although they did seem to stay away when he was with his wife.

23t35gp.gif

You've all confirmed for me that a Nocking Point party would be like my actual nightmare, so that is right out if I ever go to a con. Anyway, hope all of you still there have fun today!

Edited by Carrie Ann
  • Love 4

Are you going back today? I was planning to but am now thinking I'd rather go for a hike since we're supposed to get some much-needed rain on Tuesday. (Which means I get to take off my paper wristband!)

I'm going back today with a friend that only wanted to go for one day. I'll post details about the SA/RA panel and DR panel if they're not covered by others online already.

• Love 3

I had way fun with other fans at the NP party in Austin, but I also agree with everyone's observations. Part of the reason I didn't approach SA is because I thought there would be professional pics. There was even a backdrop! Then, nope. We did have a small Q&A iirc or maybe he just spoke to the group. (I was a bit drunk so the memory's fuzzy.) Seems like the earlier NP parties had more planned interactions and now they're just about mingling. Ah well, get that money, SA. 

Thanks for all the recaps of the HVFF. I thought about going, but didn't feel like spending the money after Austin. Plus, no EBR.

I really don't, at all, understand the whole thing that hate is as good as love.  I know some people hatewatch shows, but I don't think enough to affect ratings.  I turn off shows that have a lot of stuff I hate.  Why would they want that?  I mean, unless they mean love to hate?  Like great villains?  I HATE Ray Palmer and thus will not watch LoT, but I love to hate DD...but those are two totally different things.

Thanks for the recaps!

• Love 2

If he tweets or posts on facebook about it during the convention people may be less likely to want to pay to go to another convention. Especially, if they know the next time that can just get it on the internet for free directly from him. If he does some posting after the fact about how great it was and how much fun you are missing, then that promotes for future events and future profits.

Unless he is trying to sell available tickets, there is no financial advantage to posting during the convention. Logistically, he also just might be busy.

• Love 1

If he tweets or posts on facebook about it during the convention people may be less likely to want to pay to go to another convention. Especially, if they know the next time that can just get it on the internet for free directly from him. If he does some posting after the fact about how great it was and how much fun you are missing, then that promotes for future events and future profits.

Unless he is trying to sell available tickets, there is no financial advantage to posting during the convention. Logistically, he also just might be busy.

I'm not talking about sharing content, I'm talking about a simple, "Looking forward to seeing everyone at the thing today!" or "Had fun at the thing today, looking forward to seeing everyone again tomorrow!" He's done that at every other con he's gone to.

He's got another HVFF going in NYC that he's trying to sell tickets for. Makes every bit of sense to me that he'd try to get people excited for the next one by showing how much fun he and everyone are having at this one. That's why I think it's strange. 

• Love 5

I'm not talking about sharing content, I'm talking about a simple, "Looking forward to seeing everyone at the thing today!" or "Had fun at the thing today, looking forward to seeing everyone again tomorrow!" He's done that at every other con he's gone to.

He's got another HVFF going in NYC that he's trying to sell tickets for. Makes every bit of sense to me that he'd try to get people excited for the next one by showing how much fun he and everyone are having at this one. That's why I think it's strange.

Would help if he got the town right. He keeps saying Newark and it's in Secaucus.
  • Love 2

I really don't, at all, understand the whole thing that hate is as good as love.  I know some people hatewatch shows, but I don't think enough to affect ratings.  I turn off shows that have a lot of stuff I hate.  Why would they want that?  I mean, unless they mean love to hate?  Like great villains?  I HATE Ray Palmer and thus will not watch LoT, but I love to hate DD...but those are two totally different things.

I don't think it's about hating the show overall. Pretty sure they don't want the majority of the audience to hatewatch, nor they want the majority of the audience to hate the protagonist. That can be bad for business. But if a character who isn't Oliver isn't tracking well, hate is better than indifference. Hate for a specific character creates 1. a range of emotions in the viewer, who will be faced with the characters they love having to deal with the character they loathe, and 2. social media content. Indifference creates nothing at all. You're bored by the scenes, and you don't talk about it passionately on the Twitters.

Edited by dtissagirl
  • Love 3

Well yeah but this also had a costume Legends of Tomorrow Packaging. 

I'd imagine that a white canary custom would be an easy recolour of her already existing black canary funko.

Side bar, just got back from preordering my Felicity funko. I'm very excited.