Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

So Stephen Amell accidentally bit his tongue and is talking super funny and I shouldn't be CACKLING, but I am:

https://www.facebook.com/stephenamell/videos/904086426343292/?permPage=1

I'm so glad I'm not attracted to him in anyway. Because this voice would have killed it dead.

He sounds so funny.

Now, I know SA is claiming it was a training accident but I can't help but wonder if Enemkpali suker-punched him in the dressing room.  Hehe.  Geno Smith sounded funny too.

• Love 1

I think he's hot, but I really like that he's kind of goofy and not afraid to look silly. It makes his attractiveness less intimidating.

Oh, I objectively think he's hot too, but he reminds me of a close relative, like, A LOT, so my brain just goes EWWWW NOPE, and kills any possible attraction I could have for him.

But yeah, ITA. His dorkiness makes him super approachable. Look, Facebook, I broke my face and I'm talking funny, so instead of going to ICE IT RIGHT NOW, I'm gonna make a video! Wheee!

Doofus.

• Love 1

From Funko's ReAction line...

5363_Arrow_Reaction_Black_Canary_hires_1

http://funko.com/collections/reaction/products/reaction-arrow-black-canary

From Funko's POP line...

5342_BlackCanaryArrow_1024x1024.jpg?v=14

http://funko.com/products/pop-tv-arrow-black-canary

Arrow Black Canary Pop! Vinyl Figure:
You might want to cover your ears. As seen in the hit series Arrow, the Black Canary mantle has been worn by both Sara Lance and Laurel Lance! It doesn't matter who wore it better because this styilized figure is pretty darn adorable! The Black Canary Pop! Vinyl Figure measures approximately 3 3/4-inches tall and comes packaged in a window display box.

http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=FU5342#desc

Edited by tv echo

WM bio (from the CW press packet for the "Women Executive Producers of the CW" panel at the TCA Summer 2015 Press Tour)...

WENDY MERICLE
Executive Producer of “Arrow”

Wendy Mericle is an executive producer and co-showrunner on The CW series “Arrow.”

An Indiana native and graduate of Oxford University, Mericle began her writing career
on “Everwood,” created by Greg Berlanti. Her association with Berlanti continued as a writer on “Jack & Bobby” and “Eli Stone.” Mericle has also written for “Ghost Whisperer,” “Smallville,” “Eastwick,” “Star Wars: The Clone Wars,” and the iconic “Desperate Housewives.” In addition, Mericle has sold multiple original pilots to Warner Bros., NBC and Fox.

Mericle has been with “Arrow” since season its first season, and currently serves as
executive producer and co-showrunner.

http://www.cbspressexpress.com/TCA/cw/pdf/tca_cw_runningtheshow.pdf

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

Yes, the Black Canary mantle has been used by both Sara and Laurel, however that outfit has only been worn by Sara. 

I just watched a vid with John Campea and he's still calling Sara the true Black Canary. Lol. 

• Love 3

I would really like to have Nyssa call Sara pretty bird after she comes back as this huge middle finger to everyone asking. I think I'd also enjoy the tumblr fall out from that.

This is hilarious, but it's also really the only "organic" way I can see right now for the words "pretty bird" to be uttered by anyone on the show. After all, her League name Taer al Sahfer (sp?) means yellow bird, right? Nyssa calling Sara "pretty bird" would come across as an endearment rather than patronizing or condescending as it would if it came from anybody else.

Edited by SmallScreenDiva
  • Love 8

I just watched a vid with John Campea and he's still calling Sara the true Black Canary. Lol. 

I really enjoyed his Arrow after Show.  After he left, I tried watching it but couldn't make it past 10 minutes with the two girls.

• Love 1

This is hilarious, but it's also really the only "organic" way I can see right now for the words "pretty bird" to be uttered by anyone on the show. After all, her League name Taer al Sahfer (sp?) means yellow bird, right? Nyssa calling Sara "pretty bird" would come across as an endearment rather than patronizing or condescending as it would if it came from anybody else.

her name means Yellow Bird in arabic.

at least according to this website and google translate: http://justmytwodinars.tumblr.com/post/102331715598/ta-er-al-sahfer-the-canary-true-meaning

yea the writers fucked it up, canary in arabic is spoken the same as in english actually.

I really enjoyed his Arrow after Show.  After he left, I tried watching it but couldn't make it past 10 minutes with the two girls.

I loved John Campea's after show. He hates Laurel as much as I do so it was fun to hear his rants about her. I couldn't watch it after he left, his wife and her friend are just not that compelling to watch. There was another Arrow after show I watched with two girls that loved Olicity and liked Sara and the one guy loved Laurel and would always talk about how hot KC is. What was funny was they would skip over the Laurel scenes and he'd have to bring them up and talk about her. After he was done, they would just be like "ok" and move on to the next topic and said nothing about her. I guess they were on the if you have nothing nice to say don't say anything train. 

• Love 1

There was another Arrow after show I watched with two girls that loved Olicity and liked Sara and the one guy loved Laurel and would always talk about how hot KC is. What was funny was they would skip over the Laurel scenes and he'd have to bring them up and talk about her. After he was done, they would just be like "ok" and move on to the next topic and said nothing about her. I guess they were on the if you have nothing nice to say don't say anything train.

Is this other Arrow aftershow still on? I'd like to find a podcast that's Olicity friendly, or at least neutral.
  • Love 1

Stardust has now dragged Diggle/DR into his feud with the Arrow/SA (he previously dissed on Felicity)...

Stardust ‏@StardustWWE  9h9 hours ago
(sigh)jumping me while my backs turned

He must. "Dig". That. @david_ramsey

11days til' filming for @CW_Arrow @ARROWwriters comes to a HALT

David Ramsey ‏@david_ramsey
DID I REALLY WAKE UP TO THIS???
Some advice, @StardustWWE

Don't write checks your ass can't cash!
4:20 AM - 13 Aug 2015

https://twitter.com/david_ramsey/status/631787478211555328

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

The could be filming Oliver-centric stunts and/or flashbacks. Or maybe 403 is super duper Laurel-centric [sORRY].

SA filmed an action scene last night.

SA posted this to twitter, just going to link in case the image is considered a spoiler

https://twitter.com/amellywood/status/632087500417204224

As far as anyone can tell, KC was not on set and apparently she posted pictures with/of her dog in her apartment around the same time as SA's tweet.

As for DR and JB they haven't posted anything on twitter that I'm aware of, so their locations are unknown.

Edited by Morrigan2575

Came across some Season 1 promos and it's so weird to see it now and compare it with how the show is now.

wPFj6Eo.jpg

I may have almost spit my drink when I saw this photo of Moira. I love her, but what the hell is she supposed to be here?!?! If they wanted her to look slightly evil, they succeeded :P

yIPbjo0.jpg

Edited by SmallScreenDiva
  • Love 2

That promo made him look like such a dickbag that it's one of the reasons I resisted watching for so long. And it didn't actually end up matching the tone of the show at all, not even when Oliver was using his playboy ways as a cover. 

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 3

That's amusing...

KC looks so much better as a burnette, but that is a lot of photoshop going on. Her hair in that poster is similar to the way they styled EBR's in the S2 poster. Someone likes that look.

SA is doing the hand thing there. DR has an amost blank look on his face. Intensely blank.

Other than the feathered snake, ST looks fantastic. The boa-collar looks like it belongs on dynasty.

They need new promos.

• Love 1

Am I to believe that they rewrote 1x04 at the last minute because of EBR? I ask because Felicity had a significant if small role in 1x04 -- though larger than her role in 1x03 -- that would have had to go to a different character originally and be rewritten specifically for her between when her scene in 1x03 was shot and when 1x04 started production, if indeed Felicity was always going to be a one-off until EBR just dazzled everyone with her delivery.

EBR's impact on those early decisions frequently feels exaggerated by fans in the retelling. Even EBR has stated that the role was "possibly recurring" when she auditioned, and yet some people would have you believe that the idea of having Felicity in more than just that one scene wasn't even considered until EBR showed up.

I'm not entirely sure that I believe it, but interviews and behind the scenes information suggests that it's certainly possible. The Twitter feed suggests that Arrow often has a writer on set for last minute rewrites, for instance, and Guy Bee told me directly that Arrow does rewrites during filming - sometimes network requests, sometimes production reasons. The recently released clip about the stunts also indicates that Arrow has made some last minute, major script rewrites. That clip shows, for instance, that in the original script for the Arrow finale, Tatsu was supposed to fight her way out, and the stunt crew even choreographed and rehearsed a fight for this. This then got changed to having Barry Allen show up to save the day - a change that happened after the episode was blocked out and choreographed. My guess is that someone took a look at Arrow's declining ratings/total views for Public Enemy/Broken Arrow, which aired during March, while Arrow was still filming, and decided to pull in the always popular Barry Allen to pull in viewers for May sweeps/the finale. Which worked, at least for ratings/total viewers purposes. But that was definitely a decision made after blocking/scripting, since the stunt team works off scripts.

Back to the question at hand, however, that does show that yes, the show could have rewritten a part in episode 4 originally intended for another character - it's quite possible that the bit given to Felicity there was originally intended for the security head who showed up a bit later in the series before getting bumped off.  Guy Bee also said that Arrow was still trying things out in early episodes, and it's very possible that the showrunners wanted to see if EBR could work with other characters before bringing her on to a larger role.

Regarding what she was hired for - I think the reason this feels fudged is because it's so often fudged in Hollywood, with one off appearances often holding the potential for something more, and, vice versa, roles that seemed to offer something more getting cut. This seems to have happened more than once on Arrow - the housekeeper seems to have originally been a longer role before it was completely cut; the other lawyer who showed up at Laurel's office complaining about the pay was a role that could have been expanded, but wasn't; there are several indications that Quentin's partner was originally going to move into a much larger role; and if Felicity hadn't become a major role, we probably would have seen a lot more of the police tech guy. Helena got a major introduction, more than any other guest/villain has gotten so far on this show, since she was set up to be another potential major love interest, but then only showed up for four episodes.  I suspect that the DJ would have been retained for a bit longer if not for the negative fan response. On the other hand, Deadshot was almost certainly originally going to be a one off - after all, he died - as were Cupid and Ted Gaynor, both of whom returned later.  This is all pretty typical for television.

• Love 10