Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

I have a feeling they told everyone with a comic book background that they had ~a destiny~ when they hired the S1 regular cast. Even Colin Donnell. They gave him the full 6-year contract, so they sure had big plans for him.

I also wonder if the network told them they had to cull the S1 regulars/recurring in exchange to upping EBR, Colton and Manu to regulars in S2 + bringing back Barrowman.

Barrowman wasn't a regular in s2 so maybe they only paid him for the 3 episodes he was in.

The only two people I recall being killed off in s1 was Tommy, so that Oliver could become a  hero, Yao Fei, so that the green hood could be passed on, Lucas (possibly because Roger Cross was cast in Defiance), and the villain Fyers.  Am I missing anyone?  I guess you could include Colin Salmon's salary too.

They may well have told everyone they will be a superhero, in which case, poor Colin Donnell who would have been told he's going to be the Dark Archer.

Re initial screentime: David Ramsey said in an interview that when they hired him for the pilot, they told him that Diggle's role at first will be small but it will get bigger as the show progressed.

Roger Cross's character was killed mid season two. Around that time, Cross was recurring on Arrow, Motive, and Continuum at the same time, so yeah, maybe he asked out. Or maybe The Strain offered him more money, I don't know.

I saw that picture and thought "Robin Hood"  Errol Flynn's Hood, not one of the more modern ones.  Good for fighting Basil Rathbone, not so much for DD or Slade.  (Can you imagine what Slade would say about it?)

• Love 1

I'm glad Olicity is the one that lasted... I don't think I could take a ship seriously if it was named Fliver. Plus Olicity is more an equal combination of Oli(ver) & (Feli)city :)

Edited by kismet
  • Love 2

^ I'm with you. I do it at times...but my soul dies each time.  

Yeah, I go out of my way not to type it.  I'm not sure why.  I had no trouble using Chlark or Clex or Clana in my Smallville days.  

I don't have problems with portmanteau ships - I generally like them unless they're something really weird (like Peeniss in Hunger Games fandom, I kid you not). But I've always kind of wished they had gone with something like SmoakQueen or SmoakArrow instead of Olicity.

• Love 4

I don't have problems with portmanteau ships - I generally like them unless they're something really weird (like Peeniss in Hunger Games fandom, I kid you not). But I've always kind of wished they had gone with something like SmoakQueen or SmoakArrow instead of Olicity.

Olicity has a very cheery sound to it but somehow my first impression was that it lacked dignity. 

Leaving aside the weird posing for a moment, why is Jared thingummy wearing a wooly hat with swimming shorts (that look like they're made out of a seventies curtain)? I mean seriously, why?

• Love 2

Leaving aside the weird posing for a moment, why is Jared thingummy wearing a wooly hat with swimming shorts (that look like they're made out of a seventies curtain)? I mean seriously, why?

It protects the hair...I'm pretty sure Padelecki's hair is a sentient entity...much like Joe Flannigan's. If they ever work together the hairs will unite and take over the world. Be afraid, be very afraid.

• Love 6

They were posing because of Rhonda Rousey (MMA fighter)and her bout last night. I don't watch MMA but she's a badass by all accounts.

Jared wears a beanie all the time.

Edited by catrox14

JP is working the lean muscled look now, but I remember when he bulked up on Supernatural. Guy was huge.

What is with the finger pointy thing? Is that to get all your veins to pop out? 

This is right up there with duck lips selfies. No thanks.

Edited by 10Eleven12
  • Love 2

JP has always been lean. He was bulking up during s4 and s5 because he was trying to get the role of either Thor or Conan IIRC.

Conan, I think. Coupled with his height he was almost scary big at that time. And his wife is so teeny!

I know, right?! I would have been like, "No you big Moose. You stay away from me....I'll take the short one, though"

wait...no .. I mean the less tall one....

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 5

It's over 100 degrees in Austin today and seeing Jared in that hat is making me want to reach into that photo, snatch it off his head, and slap him around with it, because I think it looks so stupid.

The heat may be making me a little grouchy.

• Love 8

To be fair..Jared lives on the lake and probably has a nice lake breeze effect...

I'm not helping..

Any "breeze" he's getting is more like having a hair dryer turned on low blow over you. :)

• Love 1

I thought they were doing the pose Shia LaBeouf does in that clip where he's all like "Just do it!"

Edited by Guest

Well, at least we know whatever or whoever ep 4 is about is pretty much not on SA's likes for the season. It should be interesting, oh the theories I have going on in my head right now.

And he came, definitely dirty sounding head in gutter or not. :)