Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

(edited)

Last panel with: David Ramsey, Willa Holland, Emily Bett Rickards, Colton Haynes, Rick Cosnett, and Robert Knepper.

- "We'll always be lovers." - David about Oliver and Dig's fallout

- David: "We'll [Oliver & Diggle] always be lovers. It's just gonna take a little bit of time. He's just hurt"

- Q: In common with your character: 

Robert: Wear a watch

David: We are both black.

Colton: We both have the nickname Abercrombie.

Willa: we both like costumes

Rick: we both die

Emily: "We both say the wrong things at the right time.

Fav thing from this con:

Rick: the wine at lunch.
Willa: David & Rick's being my couch.
David: Obviously... You guys.

Emily: The whole day yesterday with Colton's panel.
Robert: The song from the panel.
Rick: Carlos' appearance too.

- They all wanna come back next year ^^

- Rick Cosnett just did a handstand, it was beautiful.

- "There is an invisible CW drone flying over here that will shoot me in the head if I say anything [about s4]." - Willa

- Emton to describe their relationship words: "life-changing, Greece, London, creative, innovative, debilitating, incredible". Emily laughed so hard!

- What their characters taught them:

Eddie taught Rick to let things go sometimes (eg: he's not jealous)

Thea taught Willa how to shoot an arrow, how to be patient in waiting to learn how to shoot an arrow

Diggle taught David not to trust someone who was on an island for 5 years + Diggle taught David how to be a much better friend

Roy taught Colton not to be so guarded and how to let people in, and how to move his eyebrows

Felicity taught Emily a lot, that change can be okay, scary, even though it'll be okay and finding light in life is always the best option.

- Superhero names:

Willa: Captain Naps.

Colton: Captain Giggles.
Rick: Neurotic.
Emily: smth with Maple.

David like to b black driver

Robert: Foodie.
David: Super Black Guy.

CG54TIAVAAEtzQa.jpg CG54TN8UkAAkq8J.jpg

https://twitter.com/wittyfelicity/status/607555327375101952

CG53_bdXEAEYq4A.jpg

https://twitter.com/Lou_Piote/status/607554942770003968

CG53vKVVIAA4cP-.jpg

https://twitter.com/wittyfelicity/status/607554888550252544

CG56s8eXEAAQPwk.jpg

https://twitter.com/youdefinebeauty/status/607557949217742848

Edited by Soulfire
  • Love 1

David Ramsey's meeting room. This guy is just the best interviewer. In fact him, Stephen, and Emily give the best interviews.

- He thought S3 was their weakest. Too much angst. They want to go back to something lighter for S4.

- I told him that a lot of people had been very upset about Diggle being shelved and he said that he and the producers were very aware of that.

-Lyla will be the head of Argus.

- He will forgive Oliver eventually. What Diggle is mad about is the fact that after 3 years working together Oliver could still not completely trust him, and he is tired of the trust issues and the secrets. As a soldier Diggle needs to know that Oliver is 100 % with him and Oliver will have to prove that.

-At the beginning of the season they fight together to protect the city minus Oliver and Felicity.

- Big bad of S4 is HIVE and involves Felicity’s father and Andy Diggle.

- We talked about the fact that DC kept separating their TV shows and movies and casting different people. He explained it like this

1/ If for instance Diggle would be in the Batman vs Superman movie and it was hugely successful, when going back to the TV franchise he would be allowed to ask for a much higher fee - which TV can’t afford obviously.

2/On the other hand, if Stephen Amell was in the Justice League movie and it was a flop, it would hurt him as an actor and it would hurt the show and its credibility.

- His perfect day off is spending it with his 4 year old son.

X

• Love 5

Rick Cosnett as the other part of the triangle would have been really different. Probably better, although I still think a triangle was a bad tactical move for the show by the writers. It just wasn't the way to give us a new spin-off character. I hope RC makes it to s2 of Flash, I really liked him on that show.

Poor Barry! He was never making it out of that k/m/k game. I would have at least kissed him in one round. Do like ERBs point about the kissing & the marrying though.

I find it both amusing and annoying that SA and EBR are saying they know nothing and DR is in the middle going "Let me tell you what's coming up."

Barry or a character like Eddie would have certainly worked better but it's still a love triangle and I can't with those. I still say Felicity Smoak & the Speed Dates would have been amazing.

• Love 8

I think Emily genuinely doesn't know what's coming up because she now makes it a point not to ask the writers about anything that's coming up to avoid being disappointed by some prospective ventures for her character. Stephen, I feel, knows what's coming but doesn't really want to say so he just says he doesn't know? David, I think is comfortable saying that HIVE is coming up as well as their involvement with Andy Diggle because that's just a long time coming. Most of the things he said didn't really surprise me nor would I count them as spoilers. But what's interesting is how much he knows about Felicity's father. Emily says she doesn't know, but David talks about how her father is connected to HIVE and such... Hmm

Who do I believe??? 

• Love 4

David. Always David.

He and Stephen are the best at panels etc...the rest...kinda suck/aren't up to par. 

I disagree about Emily, I think she's great at panels whenever she's at one. I look forward to seeing her insight on her character, which is always interesting to hear. Imo, it depends on what you want from panels. If you want spoilers, Emily isn't a good person to watch, but if you want insight, Stephen, Emily, David are the best of the bunch. Especially David. He just wins at life. 

Also those three are the most entertaining. Emily is much more fascinating when Colton isnt' around because when he is, he's all she talks about which sort of gets annoying. We get it! You guys are best friends, now can we please talk about something else??? But that's just my opinion. IMO she talks about him a lot.

• Love 2

Him saying that they were aware that people were upset with Diggle being in the background makes me wonder if they just seriously don't get it beforehand and then try to redeem the situation or just don't care at times because they want to tell other stories (Laurel's/Ray's/everybody else). Because while I understand that not everyone likes romantic aspects or certain characters, I have yet to come across people who hate Diggle. So giving him a reasonable amout of screentime should be a no-brainer. 

• Love 6
(edited)

Ehh...she hasn't come off very well to me in them. 

To each their own. I feel like this is my ranking:

1. Stephen/David
  2. Emily
  3. Paul Blackthorn
  4. John Barrowman
  5. Caity Lotz
  6. Colton Haynes
  7. Willa Holland
  8. [significant gap]
  9. Katie Cassidy/Marc Guggenheim
Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 3

I would say that Stephen/David/Barrowman are easily the best. SA and Barrowman seem to have the most experience and it really shows when entertaining the fans. David is David. I think he is amazing and has a natural talent for interacting with fans.  I would say KC is the worst. I don't get the impression that she enjoys attending them and I think she has the most difficulty articulating what she wants to say.

I don't know where I would rank anyone else.

Haven't seen enough of PB to have an opinion. I've really enjoyed what I've seen of CL. She seems so laid-back and genuine. Very personable. 

Colton, Emily, and Willa are the best weirdos. They are all quirky and random.

• Love 1

I am surprised that Roy might turned out to be the floater character.

He seems like an odd choice. His connections to the others are rather superficial.

Him saying that they were aware that people were upset with Diggle being in the background makes me wonder if they just seriously don't get it beforehand and then try to redeem the situation or just don't care at times because they want to tell other stories (Laurel's/Ray's/everybody else). Because while I understand that not everyone likes romantic aspects or certain characters, I have yet to come across people who hate Diggle. So giving him a reasonable amout of screentime should be a no-brainer. 

I think they were aware after people started complaining about it, but then it was kind of too late to adjust it.  I think DR addressing it like this is their way of trying to do a bit of damage control.  There was alot of complaints/flack on social media about S3, so I'd be surprised if some obvious "adjustments" aren't made for S4.

I am surprised that Roy might turned out to be the floater character.

Me too.  Of all the info to come from the Q&A sessions, this was the most newsworthy to me.  We were led to believe that he was going to be pursuing other opportunities away from Arrow and now he's going to be the floater? I'm not complaining, but I'm genuinely surprised more isn't be made of this revelation - seems like the most "spoilery" thing to come from this weekend's events.

You know.. it kind of makes sense in a way for him to be the floater.

Roy is suppose to be dead, in order to keep this facade he had to move out of SC and wander around.. so what better character to use as the floater than the one who is already "floating around" out of them all he is the most open to be able to travel in time with the LoT team, visit Central City, and be in contact with the Arrow crew (either by them coming to him, or him secretly visiting the city).

• Love 1
(edited)

I don't know how much is damaging control or just David being honest. I think he is a straight forward guy who is vocal about his character. I like that he was honest about S3 was the weakest season and that they had shelved his character. One thing that did disappoint me tho was I was reading one recap of his private Q&A and it sounded like he was contributing part of Diggle being sidelined season to Olicity. He said that the show needs balance and they spent too much time away from the action and on the love story. Which I agree with as an overall critic of the season, it was too angsty and Olicity was apart of that. But I would say the biggest insult to Diggle was him serving as comms and driver to Laurel and Roy, when he should have been out front. I was disappointed he didn't acknowledge the part the instant heroes played.

Other note, he wasn't bashing Olicity or anything. He stressed he is fan and believes that they belong together. He was just making a point about finding balance. 

Recap I was talking about:

http://lakadyn.tumblr.com/post/120951270114/david-ramsey-meeting-room

Edited by 10Eleven12
  • Love 2

I think Emily generally likes Ray, and kind of prefers him over Oliver for Felicity. Just my opinion and perception based on the stuff I've seen since I've been in the fandom. 

• Love 2
(edited)

I do think EBR likes Oliver and likes Olicity, but I also thinks she wants more for Felicity than Oliver and Olicity if that makes sense. I remember her interviews throughout the season were about how Felicity was moving on and that she was falling in love with Ray. She does seem to want Felicity to have a life outside of Oliver and I can really appreciate that (as that's what I want for Felicity too). I hope that in season four we get the little things for Felicity, like her getting a dog or her doing something that isn't defined by Oliver or her relationship with him.

Edited by HighHopes
  • Love 1

I think she wants something for Felicity outside of Oliver too (I do as well), but unfortunately her relationship with Ray became her thing outside of Oliver. So her non-relationship relationship was just another relationship. I hope she gets something for herself as well, but I don't expect too much out of these writers, since they like to tie almost everything back to Oliver somehow. 

• Love 6

I do think EBR likes Oliver and likes Olicity, but I also thinks she wants more for Felicity than Oliver and Olicity if that makes sense. I remember her interviews throughout the season were about how Felicity was moving on and that she was falling in love with Ray. She does seem to want Felicity to have a life outside of Oliver and I can really appreciate that (as that's what I want for Felicity too). I hope that in season four we get the little things for Felicity, like her getting a dog or her doing something that isn't defined by Oliver or her relationship with him.

It makes perfect sense that she would want more for Felicity than just Oliver. I know as a fan of Felicity I do. But don't get how stalkerboy would be better than Oliver lol

• Love 3

She did. She designed a lot of the costumes on Arrow, and they manage to look good. She's allowed a miss IMO. 

see, I disagree. because she has managed to make every costume on the show be just right (or close enough), it means that there has been variable in the making of that costume that made it the way it is... something (or someone as we know) that got in the way.

(edited)

see, I disagree. because she has managed to make every costume on the show be just right (or close enough), it means that there has been variable in the making of that costume that made it the way it is... something (or someone as we know) that got in the way.

KC had input, but if TPTB didn't like it, it wouldn't exist as we know it today. So, whether Maya had something to do with those ridiculous buckles, whether they were KC's idea or some order from on high for a certain aesthetic, someone at the top signed off on it. Whoever it was, this is on them.

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 2
(edited)

I think she wants something for Felicity outside of Oliver too (I do as well), but unfortunately her relationship with Ray became her thing outside of Oliver. So her non-relationship relationship was just another relationship. I hope she gets something for herself as well, but I don't expect too much out of these writers, since they like to tie almost everything back to Oliver somehow. 

That's what make it hard for me. I fail to see why she pick/like Ray the way she seem to do after we saw their relationship in our screen. During that arc, Felicity was reduced to a love interest and there was a lot of proping up going on to sell his spin off at her expense. So, I don't get how that life (very Ray centred) was any better than the one we got around Oliver and the team in the past. Not saying she doesn't want more for Felicity, cause she talks about that often but I also think she just has a preference for Ray for some reasons.

Edited by rainydawn
  • Love 3
(edited)

That's what make it hard for me. I fail to see why she pick/like Ray the way she seem to do after we saw their relationship in our screen. During that arc, Felicity was reduced to a love interest and there was a lot of proping up going on to sell his spin off at her expense. So, I don't get how that life (very Ray centred) was any better than the one we got around Oliver and the team in the past. Not saying she doesn't want more for Felicity, cause she talks about that often but I also think she just has a preference for Ray for some reasons.

If I had to guess I'd say it might have something to do with Ray giving Felicity a VP role at PT. But that's an incredibly simple view of things, since Ray and Oliver both positioned Felicity at work for their own personal gain. Ray's just happened to be a promotion rather than a demotion. Maybe she thinks Ray challenges her more? IDK. I'd say she might think that Ray valued her intelligence more than Oliver, but he clearly didn't, since he felt the need to check and see if she did that thing he couldn't do correctly or whatever it was that happened during that ep (that I can't remember, haha). 

In other words, I don't know.

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 3

Imo everytime Emily talked about Ray she always talked about how perfect he was maybe that appealed to her? Like he's perfect, he's rich, he apparently appreciated Felicity and complimented her and kept telling her she's smart and deserved good things etc. Ray probably challenged Felicity intellectually (even though we didn't see that on screen), and could keep up with her in that sense. They had a lot in common. In a sense. He was perfect on paper, aka on a superficial level which is probably appealed to Emily and a lot of people who like R/F 

• Love 3

I don't know how much is damaging control or just David being honest. I think he is a straight forward guy who is vocal about his character. I like that he was honest about S3 was the weakest season and that they had shelved his character. One thing that did disappoint me tho was I was reading one recap of his private Q&A and it sounded like he was contributing part of Diggle being sidelined season to Olicity. He said that the show needs balance and they spent too much time away from the action and on the love story. Which I agree with as an overall critic of the season, it was too angsty and Olicity was apart of that. But I would say the biggest insult to Diggle was him serving as comms and driver to Laurel and Roy, when he should have been out front. I was disappointed he didn't acknowledge the part the instant heroes played.

Other note, he wasn't bashing Olicity or anything. He stressed he is fan and believes that they belong together. He was just making a point about finding balance. 

Recap I was talking about:

http://lakadyn.tumblr.com/post/120951270114/david-ramsey-meeting-room

Pardon me. My cynicism is acting up.

This is when I really wish there was a video recording. David might very well have said Olicity sidelined Diggle but the detailed post they linked to only mentions too much angst. This poster goes into specific Olicity references. What about Laurel and her arc because of Sara's death? What about Thea's arc? No angst for Oliver in either one of those arcs was there? (There was which makes me wonder if some assumptions were made. Hence my cynicism.) Was David unaware that S3 was going to be more drama and less action? Early in the season I thought they said that was the case. I thought the main reason Diggle was sidelined was to advance the costumed heroes? They had him hanging around the lair when he should have been in the field with them. There was no real reason for the writers not to put him in the field especially when Oliver was "dead". Ray/ATOM also took up screen time.

I also thought the balance they are talking about is both action/drama and dark/light. The so-called rom-com didn't do anything to relieve the depressive nature of the show caused by Sara's death or Oiver's identity crisis.

• Love 6

Honestly maybe ERB just prefers very tall men with dark hair over slightly taller men with sandy blonde hair. Or maybe she just wanted to give a more interesting answer than agreeing with her character. As much as I think her personality comes through in her performance as FS, she's not FS so maybe whatever Ray was bringing to the table is more appealing to ERB. Once you remove the stalker tendencies he does seem great on paper - albeit boring. He wouldn't be my choice, but then again killing him does seem a little harsh.

Unless I missed something, I've never gotten the impression EBR prefers Ray for Felicity. The only time she really talked a lot about them was around the time the episodes were airing where they hooked up, which to me is no different than Stephen talking up the Oliver/Sara relationship when it was going on.

• Love 5

The actors have input into their costumes.  Stephen Amell wanted a costume that Oliver would be able to get into on his own.  KC wanted fingerless gloves so that Laurel's nail polish would match her lipstick and lace to look feminine, and I figure they were things they were willing to give her.

I think I remember reading that SA also vetoed the boots they wanted him to wear because he couldn't run in them. (Didn't he mention that in that story about the first promo pic released of the Arrow?)

I think there's a real disconnect between how the writers and actors see the characters and how the audience sees them.  They all seem to like Brandon Routh and Katie Cassidy and so they don't see our resentment at Ray stalking Felicity or Felicity telling Laurel how wonderful she is until they get audience feedback.  I can imagine that Emily had a great time playing comic scenes off of  Brandon Routh, she'd see Ray very differently than we do.

Also it's their job to say how great these new characters are.

I don't know that Olicity itself sidelined Diggle, but if he's including the Ray stuff as part of the love story mess, then I would agree that took up a lot of time that could have been better used elsewhere. Combined with attempting to make Laurel happen, and yes, the show failed this Diggle.

Yeah, if  you think of Ray and Raylicity as part of Olicity, then yes, it sidelined Diggle. But what really sidelined him was the need to make three new superheros in one season.

The 319 goodbye scene was rly emotional filmed for 12h they cut most of the scene in the end and Colton thinks it's bc they were a mess

I want to see that whole scene sooo bad.

tbh, after all the hype AK and MG had given it, I was kind of disappointed when I saw it.

• Love 6

I think there's a real disconnect between how the writers and actors see the characters and how the audience sees them.  They all seem to like Brandon Routh and Katie Cassidy and so they don't see our resentment at Ray stalking Felicity or Felicity telling Laurel how wonderful she is until they get audience feedback.  I can imagine that Emily had a great time playing comic scenes off of  Brandon Routh, she'd see Ray very differently than we do.

Also it's their job to say how great these new characters are.

Yeah, if  you think of Ray and Raylicity as part of Olicity, then yes, it sidelined Diggle. But what really sidelined him was the need to make three new superheros in one season.

I want to see that whole scene sooo bad.

tbh, after all the hype AK and MG had given it, I was kind of disappointed when I saw it.

I tend to think of AK and MG as infomercial salesmen when they overhype - well, nearly everything. There's a definite disconnect between what (they think) they're writing and what is seen and felt by the audience for what actually appears onscreen.  Not sure if their initial intention is lost in translation from script to screen, or in the editing room, or what, but by the time they're in the press hyping it, they've seen what we'll see onscreen, so yeah..infomercial salesmen it is. LOL

• Love 4

IMO it's a bit difficult to place the majority of the blame on them as they weren't consistent in showing it. Both missed episodes in the season. 

I think an overt example is in the crossover when Felicity and Oliver hung out at Jitters and Diggle was nowhere to be seen. That actually still bugs me. Like where was he? Why wasn't he there or shown at Star Labs much/interacting with characters like Joe?

I am not trying to place the majority of the blame anywhere. I was just pointing out that the season of angst was coming from all directions and was a little surprised that DAVID would specifically place the blame in one area. This is why I wished there was a video.;)

I agree completely about the Flash crossover and the Jitters scene.

• Love 1

I think it'd affect him the most though. Laurel/Katie having an arc? That's happened every season. 

Olicity focuses on the two characters he has the most screen time with. If they have an arc that focuses on just them...what's Diggle going to do then? 

As much as I disliked Raylicity, I do appreciate EBR's commitment to selling what her storyline was at the time, which was "Oliver doesn't want to date her, so Felicity is going to move on and do what's best for herself". She wasn't giving false hope to Olicity fans because who knew then how long the writers would have dragged out the love triangle/will-they-won't-they? Now that Oliver/Felicity is canon, she's saying lots of lovely things that she hopes will happen for them. (Oliver cooking for Felicity and cute domestic moments? Yes, please!)

I know Olicity fans have expressed disappointment that EBR hasn't been as vocally supportive of Olicity like SA, but I don't think that means it's not as important to her. She's a younger actress with little to no influence on the direction her character gets to go, so of course she's going to take any opportunity to promote aspects of her role beyond "main character's tech sidekick/love interest," and encourage more storylines that let her interact with others. It's a good strategy for better job security, if nothing else.

• Love 1
(edited)

I haven't seen anything indicating EBR having a preference for Ray. At this con after she said the choices she made for herself as Emily - marry Ray, kiss Oliver, kill Barry - she added "you don't have to kiss the one you marry". Make of that what you will; however, IMO Oliver came out looking the better option in both cases. That and how enthusiastic and happy, according to fan reports, she was talking about Oliver and Olicity in both panels and private encounters, tells me she really likes Oliver and Olicity.

Of course the only way of knowing for sure is by asking EBR. But I have never seen anything indicating she thinks Ray is the better option for Felicity other than when Oliver made himself unavailable to her.

Another thing worth mentioning is in EBR's lounge meeting she admitted she's aware she's not a "big potato" with the head honchos at the CW. This might also affect how she speaks about her character and Olicity. Personally I think she wants more for Felicity than just her relationship with Oliver and hope she gets it, but going by past writing it's likely they'll tie Felicity's story to Oliver somehow.

Edited by MatthewtheRaven
  • Love 10