Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

Don't worry, the positivity fans will stay up all night and will write a meta saying the lighting indicates that Olicity will reunite and have an epic sex scene and triplet babies 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Tazmania said:

Don't worry, the positivity fans will stay up all night and will write a meta saying the lighting indicates that Olicity will reunite and have an epic sex scene and triplet babies 

Is this triplet thing a thing 'cause I've been bumping into it other places that are intent on mocking.  Is there really a triplet theory?  

9 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

Is the general audience dumping on the show too?

There's no way of knowing at the moment. If the general audience dumps on the show for whatever reason - they usually stop tuning in. That probably won't show up until the ratings for 16, if it shows up at all.

• Love 1
(edited)
16 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

Is the general audience dumping on the show too?

I am really trying to muster up the gumption to watch this ep! Help me!!!!???

If it helps, I wasn't referring to a general audience.  

I'd say watch the episode but then I always watch, lol.  There were enough good and interesting scenes.  You'll want to see the Prometheus and Vigilante stuff, Thea, the Diggle and Felicity scene, Curtis and his balls and at least one uncomfortable Oliver and Felicity scene.  It's a lot of set up stuff for the future I think.   

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 1

It turns out that Josh Segarra has known he would be Prometheus since he got to the set.

So, I get to Vancouver and I think I’m playing this guy, Vigilante, ‘cause that’s what everybody thought. I started reading Vigilante comics and reading about Adrian Chase and the history of these guys. I got to work and was like, “Marc, I’m really doing my research and being studious about Vigilante.” And he was like, “What do you mean?” And I was like, “Dude, you finally announced it! I’m going to be a great Adrian Chase/Vigilante!” And he was like, “That’s not who you’re playing. You’re playing this guy.” That’s when they showed me everything. 

Source

I'm bringing it up in this thread, because kudos to him for throwing people off posting this way after.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Mellowyellow said:

Pretend he had a lobotomy. It's the only way you're going to get through this!

It's called selective amnesia. I loathed Ray with the fire of a thousands subs and resented the writers for stalling Olicity for so long but as soon as 3x20 aired I pretended everything before didn't exsist haha.

As long as they give me AMAZING Olicity to make up for it Stephen and Emily's chemistry is enough for me to forget. Also I don't take stupidity on this show personally as long as I'm entertained enough during it. I sat through 6 seasons of Gossip Girl, 4 seasons of OC and 9 seasons of OTH and binged 5 seasons of Vampire Diaries Im well versed in sitting through stupidity haha. 

Just give me my damn ship! Haha

• Love 6

I finally understand how you guys can loathe Ray now when I love/d him so much and how you guys must have felt.

So I sit here and tell myself: Somewhere out there, there is some normal person who LOVES the Warty Python. I just don't feel it but she's probably got fans! 

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

I finally understand how you guys can loathe Ray now when I love/d him so much and how you guys must have felt.

So I sit here and tell myself: Somewhere out there, there is some normal person who LOVES the Warty Python. I just don't feel it but she's probably got fans! 

SW taught me I only thought I loathed Ray. Because the reporter is making me loathe Oliver too, so she is way more powerful, Hahahaha.

• Love 15
8 hours ago, Primal Slayer said:

Does he not realize 99% of the people on his page are there because of Arrow? Not because of who is as a person outside of the show. Of course they are going to comment on the show/characters on his page.

Once the show is over the traffic on his page will be minimal. 

7 hours ago, apinknightmare said:

Yeah, it's weird - mine shows up like a tailored trend (it shows me who I follow is tweeting about it), but I have tailored trends turned off. Are there exceptions to that or something? Like Twitter's way of showing you what your friends are tweeting about among other legit trends?

This is not tailored trend. Arrow trends each week. It trended yesterday with over 17k which is the average for this season. It just appears that way when people you follow tweet about a trend. 

Gotta love how Stephen was telling people who blatantly hated on felicity on his page to keep being passionate even validating them by telling them he listens to their "criticism" but the moment someone attacks his fictional character he feels like people cross lines. What a cry baby. 

Ray is looking amazing compared to Susan lol.She's more like season 3 Malcolm. Oliver is forced to ignore logic in her presence so she can stay on the show and fullfil her plot point. Only with MM I could see why they wanted him there and that they liked and wanted to keep JB. With Susan I have no idea why she's worth this to them. They basically mock her on the show and have characters imply she's dumb, have Thea call her trash, poison, have Felicity, Thea and even Lance basically disgusted by her and Oliver together. So I find it hard to believe they expected people to root for her. What they probably didn't expect as usual was how hated Oliver would be for this tho I think it was obvious.

• Love 12
5 minutes ago, Midnight Lullaby said:

SW taught me I only thought I loathed Ray. Because the reporter is making me loathe Oliver too, so she is way more powerful, Hahahaha.

I loathed Ray and Raylicity but not Felicity. And I think it comes down to the depth of Olicity. The writers played up the fact that Felicity was rebounding from Oliver and they played up the longing between the two of them majorly. Where as they are playing Olicity tepid and ambiguous against the backdrop of Rayporter because they both want to keep the undercurrent of Olicity but also I'm assuming not piss off the no romance people.

I mean Felicity went in as full throttle with Ray and she was slightly worst in the sense we got lots of cuddling and kissy kissy with them where as Oliver and Susan have zilch chemistry, and for a lot of Raylicitys relationship Felicity was pissed at Oliver.

But at least we saw Oliver affected by it we saw the longing between them and we saw Emily and the writing play Felicity as wishing Ray was Oliver.

I feel like if they went full throttle with the melodrama/longing with Olicity maybe Oliver would come off slightly better. 

Again even in the last episode I still am 100% here for Stephen and Emily's chemistry so if the Olicity I get is good enough I can put this down as an arch of suck and try and forget about it. 

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, LeighAn said:

I loathed Ray and Raylicity but not Felicity. And I think it comes down to the depth of Olicity. The writers played up the fact that Felicity was rebounding from Oliver and they played up the longing between the two of them majorly. Where as they are playing Olicity tepid and ambiguous against the backdrop of Rayporter because they both want to keep the undercurrent of Olicity but also I'm assuming not piss off the no romance people.

I mean Felicity went in as full throttle with Ray and she was slightly worst in the sense we got lots of cuddling and kissy kissy with them where as Oliver and Susan have zilch chemistry, and for a lot of Raylicitys relationship Felicity was pissed at Oliver.

But at least we saw Oliver affected by it we saw the longing between them and we saw Emily and the writing play Felicity as wishing Ray was Oliver.

I feel like if they went full throttle with the melodrama/longing with Olicity maybe Oliver would come off slightly better. 

Again even in the last episode I still am 100% here for Stephen and Emily's chemistry so if the Olicity I get is good enough I can put this down as an arch of suck and try and forget about it. 

For me it's that even when she was with Ray Felicity showed she cared and supported Oliver. Now we have Oliver asking Felicity to fix things for him like she is Curtis and now his ex fiancée. I don't see Oliver caring for Felicity, I haven't all season. That's why for me there's no comparison and this is worse than Ray and Felicity (even if in season 3 after episode 17 I was livid about what they did). I wouldn't begrudge Oliver having a new relationship, even if I wouldn't enjoy watching it, if that didn't mean suddenly not caring about people that have loved him for years.

Stephen and Emily have great chemistry and nothing will ever change that but I can't root for this Oliver to be with Felicity. 

• Love 12
8 minutes ago, Midnight Lullaby said:

For me it's that even when she was with Ray Felicity showed she cared and supported Oliver. Now we have Oliver asking Felicity to fix things for him like she is Curtis and now his ex fiancée. I don't see Oliver caring for Felicity, I haven't all season. That's why for me there's no comparison and this is worse than Ray and Felicity (even if in season 3 after episode 17 I was livid about what they did). I wouldn't begrudge Oliver having a new relationship, even if I wouldn't enjoy watching it, if that didn't mean suddenly not caring about people that have loved him for years.

Stephen and Emily have great chemistry and nothing will ever change that but I can't root for this Oliver to be with Felicity. 

I don't buy into Oliver doesn't care for Felicity. Like I'm not saying this to be rude but out of genuine curiosity- but have you been watching the episodes of following recaps on the forum? 

Because 5x10 and 5x12 for instance the theme was basically Oliver worrying the hell about Felicity. I think the difference is that Felicity is good at masking her feelings and playing like she doesn't have a problem because she doesn't want anyone to look too closely at what  and how she's doing. 

She doesn't want help. She seems to push back at anyone who shows any concern for her. And so they seem to take for granted that Felicity is the "good one" and take her assertions of being fine at face value (with the exception of Rory :'() I think she has to hit bottom before she's ready to really let Oliver and Diggle see the depths of her feelings/despair. And that perfectly in character for her as that had Donna make the pistachio metaphor to describe her bottling up her emotions and pushing people away. 

I do agree that in this episode in particular Oliver didn't prioritise Felicity first, but I disagree that Oliver has not shown any concern for Felicity when we have had at least two episodes deal with that directly in the story and a few others that have shown Oliver give little hints or questions of knowing something is off about Felicity.

I have no horses in the race I see the pros and cons of both characters and I just want these two knuckle heads back together because they are both infinitely better characters with each other then a part.

• Love 8

But from 510 to this episode it's like he has had bizarre personality changes @LeighAn

I'll admit, I may have gone a little squeee when he told her off for letting BS go followed by "You could have gotten hurt" and when he covered her ears etc

But he was a straight up dick in this ep! 

Spoiler

And it looks like next ep he's going to fret about the cockroach getting kidnapped. 

My goodwill for 510 and 512 is waning! 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Mellowyellow said:

But from 510 to this episode it's like he has had bizarre personality changes @LeighAn

I'll admit, I may have gone a little squeee when he told her off for letting BS go followed by "You could have gotten hurt" and when he covered her ears etc

But he was a straight up dick in this ep! 

Hide contents

And it looks like next ep he's going to fret about the cockroach getting kidnapped. 

My goodwill for 510 and 512 is waning! 

Honestly I didn't love that Oliver couldn't figure out that it's probably inappropriate to ask your ex fiancee to help your current girlfriend get her job back so she will return his calls and because he's to busy to do it himself. 

But Im going to see if that was just on whoever wrote that Ep or if it becomes a trend going forward. 

But we are probably taking the thread way off topic now.

6 minutes ago, LeighAn said:

I don't buy into Oliver doesn't care for Felicity. Like I'm not saying this to be rude but out of genuine curiosity- but have you been watching the episodes of following recaps on the forum? 

Because 5x10 and 5x12 for instance the theme was basically Oliver worrying the hell about Felicity. I think the difference is that Felicity is good at masking her feelings and playing like she doesn't have a problem because she doesn't want anyone to look too closely at what  and how she's doing. 

She doesn't want help. She seems to push back at anyone who shows any concern for her. And so they seem to take for granted that Felicity is the "good one" and take her assertions of being fine at face value (with the exception of Rory :'() I think she has to hit bottom before she's ready to really let Oliver and Diggle see the depths of her feelings/despair. And that perfectly in character for her as that had Donna make the pistachio metaphor to describe her bottling up her emotions and pushing people away. 

I do agree that in this episode in particular Oliver didn't prioritise Felicity first, but I disagree that Oliver has not shown any concern for Felicity when we have had at least two episodes deal with that directly in the story and a few others that have shown Oliver give little hints or questions of knowing something is off about Felicity.

I have no horses in the race I see the pros and cons of both characters and I just want these two knuckle heads back together because they are both infinitely better characters with each other then a part.

I've been watching all the episodes. I only FF parts of 511 and 513 because I was too bored at some point.

I didn't see Oliver asking her about Havenrock, losing her job, worrying about her after he killed her boyfriend. He got mad with her about his girlfriend the last episode and this one made her fix the situation for him. Everything is subjective I guess and for me nothing about this screams caring about someone.

Oliver has spent years refusing to share things with people. Even when sharing what he knew was necessary to keep the team safe because it was hurtful for him. And I respect that but people tried to be there and support him anyway, even if he wasn't the type of person to share a lot. If you are worried about someone you at least try to ask them if they need you/your support, even if they don't like to talk about their feelings. With Felicity he didn't even try.

I think you have a horse in this race and that isn't Oliver or Felicity but Olicity so you look at things with that in mind. And that's nothing wrong with that but I have a different POV.

• Love 11
9 hours ago, way2interested said:

But his q&a is still tomorrow so I'm interested in what he might say then.

Is that still happening? Maybe he will just answer questions about his wine or his day.

• Love 1
Just now, Belinea said:

Is that still happening? Maybe he will just answer questions about his wine or his day.

I mean he said on his Facebook live that it's still happening and to ask any questions about anything including Arrow, so that means he's going to get like 90% Arrow questions/comments. He's got to answer at least one XD.

Just now, apinknightmare said:

A preview:

Unknown.jpeg

Ha, fully prepared, but it's been so long since he actually had a Facebook q&a that talked at least a little bit about Arrow, I'm willing to take a chance to at least get maybe a line/moment that might sound interesting. Tbh, I do like his specific teases (not the adjective, "best" "exciting" "great" ones). And...I want to see the off chance if he actually acknowledges the main problem in the room (Susan). Probably not, but if he defended the BMD, I'm wondering how this one is going to go.

• Love 2
13 hours ago, Chaser said:

A couple of disillusioned fans are giving away HVFF tickets on his Facebook page. Chicago and London.

Are they giving them away for free? I guess, he already made money of it. 

When is the next con taking place? I hope people are respectful regardless because while he is accessible, at the end of the day he only acts and doesn't write.  The writing is left to 'boom goes the dynamite' type of people. 

• Love 5

They were giving them away for free. That weren't really mean about it, just very "this isn't the show for me anymore so here are some tickets for those who are still enjoying it."

I think HVFF Chicago is at the end of this month.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, BkWurm1 said:

Is this triplet thing a thing 'cause I've been bumping into it other places that are intent on mocking.  Is there really a triplet theory?  

Yup ... they are all convinced Felicity and Oliver will have triplets. I mean why would you want a petite woman like Felicity to carry three babies simultaneously 

6 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

Someday maybe someone will be able to explain to me why anyone not bald would wear a snow hat inside for the ascetic.  

The shirt looks great though.  ;)

His body fat percentage might be really low, leading to cold, although actors seem to like hats a lot more than the general population.

• Love 1
(edited)
14 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

Someday maybe someone will be able to explain to me why anyone not bald would wear a snow hat inside for the ascetic.  

I have to admit. I am currently wearing a toque indoors for the look. It's a look, one I wear and one I see daily. Not in the summer tho-- but September/October-April? Definitely. Mostly I wear it when I'm having a bad hair day, but it's more of an accessory now than a weather thing. 

Edited by HighHopes
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, BkWurm1 said:

I'm suddenly reminded of the "This is Us" episode that showed Kevin's apartment and his collection of beanies :P

• Love 7

LOL Just because I want to see the expressions, I want people at Paley to treat the Oliver Reporter relationship as this OTP thing.

"Now that Oliver has found the love of his life in Reporter....."

"When can we expect the Reporter and Oliver to move in together..."

• Love 8
11 hours ago, Tazmania said:

"The light was green as it hit the side of Felicity's face and we know green is Oliver's color so...endgame." "In the Olicity scene, Felicity's dress was pink which is the closest color to red to remind us of the red pen!"

Haha. I'm sorry.

7 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

"The light was green as it hit the side of Felicity's face and we know green is Oliver's color so...endgame." "In the Olicity scene, Felicity's dress was pink which is the closest color to red to remind us of the red pen!"

Haha. I'm sorry.

"oliver and felicity looked at each other 0.00001 seconds more than their average, that is MG winking at olicity fans reminding that the olicity reconciliation is happening soon" 

Im sorry too. Then again,not much. 

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, bijoux said:

Who do I need to petition for more of this on the show?

I keep looking at the Emily/Willa picture and wondering if the skirt was too tight for Emily to sit back on the chair.  She's half horizontal.

• Love 1
(edited)
Spoiler

Are people really that shocked over this reveal though? Majority of theories expected that "twist" so unless it is revealed that the big villain is not actually him i dont see how this is huge. Chase is a new character so revealing the prometheus identity and it being a new character that we met this season isnt really a pay off. 

Edited by theOAfc
  • Love 3

Why hasn't Chase had more to do if the writers always planned to make him this season's villain? I'm two episodes behind but almost nothing about the character is sticking out to me. Even when he appears in an episode he's usually only in a scene or two...

• Love 2
Just now, theOAfc said:

Are people really that shocked over this reveal though? Majority of theories expected that "twist" so unless it is revealed that the big villain is not actually him i dont see how this is huge. Chase is a new character so revealing the prometheus identity and it being a new character that we met this season isnt really a pay off. 

I don't necessarily think that a majority of people necessarily thought it was Chase though (granted, I guess we can never know if it was a majority or not), since it was pushed pretty hard that he was going to be Vigilante. From a normal show, sure, it's about as obvious as the Alchemy reveal on Flash was, but this was more of a purposeful red herring. It's still not as much of a "legacy" payoff since we did only meet the character this season, but it's at least a bit better than just a shoe-horned s1 reference. I don't think it's as much of a shock as much as just a twist in general. 

• Love 1
(edited)
4 minutes ago, way2interested said:

I don't necessarily think that a majority of people necessarily thought it was Chase though (granted, I guess we can never know if it was a majority or not), since it was pushed pretty hard that he was going to be Vigilante. From a normal show, sure, it's about as obvious as the Alchemy reveal on Flash was, but this was more of a purposeful red herring. It's still not as much of a "legacy" payoff since we did only meet the character this season, but it's at least a bit better than just a shoe-horned s1 reference. I don't think it's as much of a shock as much as just a twist in general. 

I think its treated more like a villain of the week kind of twist mainly because its only this season that we suddenly have all this story revolving around him ,a brand new character . It doesnt feel big at all. Its also weak because they really went all "who is prometheus" making people think he is someone we saw before ,when in reality he is just a brand new character. 

Edited by theOAfc
4 minutes ago, Soulfire said:

Script pages of Oliver's vows --

Entirely possible I put this in the wrong thread. If so, feel free to move it!

Is it weird that I can tell what he changed? LMAO. I watched that scene too many times. Clearly.

• Love 2