Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

Do people do it themselves or is there a place that does it? I asked on twitter but No reply yet. I want the doll&packaging but I so am not crafty...

The person who customized the Funko probably made the packaging.

Do people do it themselves or is there a place that does it? I asked on twitter but No reply yet. I want the doll&packaging but I so am not crafty...

I don't know of an actual brick-and-mortar business that does them, but you can definitely find people on Etsy who will make you a custom Funko, but a lot of them don't include the boxes. People have posted tutorials for making custom boxes, but it seems like more time than it's worth if you don't know what you're doing, haha.

• Love 1

Since Oliver can't be with Felicity on earth 2 who would want her to be with. Stephen says SARA!!!!! Huge applause.

Stephen pictures Oliver and felicitys kid coming out with glasses and a six pack. Then he says Oliver would be a good dad and it'd be fun.

What if Ronnie and Felicity are together? Robbie says Ronnie gets with felicitys mom. What happens on earth 2 stays on earth 2.

I'm just going to copy and paste tweets. 

Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 3

Well Oliver's dead in Earth 2, so it would be interesting if Sara and Felicity found each other even without him. While I want Earth 2 to stay on the Flash I would like to hear what the everyone's Earth 2 counterpart is up too. 

Edited by Sakura12

Well Oliver's dead in Earth 2, so it would be interesting if those two found each other even without him. While I want Earth 2 to stay on the Flash I would like to hear what the everyone's Earth 2 counterpart is up too.

Which two, Sara and Felicity?

What's the story behind "Bye, Felicia"? It's on a mug in KC's gift package and it was mentioned in the Lance family panel.

What's the story behind "Bye, Felicia"? It's on a mug in KC's gift package and it was mentioned in the Lance family panel.

- Q: Was CL surprised at the fan reaction to Sara's death?

CL rephrased the question and called it Sara's brutal and senseless murder. She was happy about the reaction in that she was glad to hear people were sad or shocked and not just "Meh! Bye Felicia!" KC interrupted and told a story about how someone at the con gave her a mug that said "bye Felicia" on it. CL literally responded with "OK" and turned back to the questioner to elaborate on her answer. KC interrupted again, acting affronted that CL had dismissed her story. At this point, JB showed up on stage and hijacked the panel by dancing around everyone and exiting while mooning the audience. PB yelled out to him and tells him to go play on the bungee/trampoline contraption opposite from the panel area. 5 minutes later, JB distracted everyone again because he's jumping and flipping on the bungee thing.

SA was at the con signing autographs at 9:45, then went straight to photo ops, and then back to autographs. Then his panel, and back to autographs. Unreal.

What's the "Bye, Felicia" thing? Was it something against Felicity? 

No, it's a line from a movie named Friday, and from what I can tell it was also a catchphrase on RuPaul's Drag Race. Katie used to tweet it a lot - it doesn't have anything to do with Felicity.

• Love 2

No, it's a line from a movie named Friday, and from what I can tell it was also a catchphrase on RuPaul's Drag Race. Katie used to tweet it a lot - it doesn't have anything to do with Felicity.

Ah! Thanks!

This makes me so unbelievably upset -_-

A guy asked for more Felicity and Diggle! David says that would be nice. He wants to train her. But yes we will be seeing more.

He also says they are trying out new combinations but he hopes they will get back to more Diggle and Felicity.
  • Love 5

It saddens me to say this, but I think the Diggle/Felicity friendship may be a thing of the past. I asked David a similar question back in April at the Calgary Con and got the same type of answer of "no yeah, D/F scenes are coming!". I really don't think anyone misses the friendship and the Diggle/Felicity/Oliver friendship more than DR does. 

• Love 10

Well then as far as I'm concerned in the Arrow universe John is John Stewart and I'm going to pretend he has a ring somewhere. That's my story. I'm sticking to it.

Is this shade??? Or am I reading far too much into this.

I think it's some shade. I think he knows they are forcing Laurel into the dynamic. For example, the whole conversation with Diggle crying around Laurel...like WTF. No. Those tears should be reserved for when he's around Felicity, Oliver and Lyla. I hated that scene purely for the fact that it was really more Laurel propping. They don't have the history that OTA has IMO for him to share that much emotion with Laurel. 

• Love 10
He says OTA works because of the genuine chemistry and fun. It's hard to hide that stuff from the camera. We really do like each other.

He's right though. You can tell they enjoy each other's company and it shows on screen. (*weeps at the picture of DR kissing EBR's head at that Paris con*)

It saddens me to say this, but I think the Diggle/Felicity friendship may be a thing of the past. I asked David a similar question back in April at the Calgary Con and got the same type of answer of "no yeah, D/F scenes are coming!". I really don't think anyone misses the friendship and the Diggle/Felicity/Oliver friendship more than DR does. 

Same. I doubt we'll be seeing much Diggle/Felicity at all. Gotta fit the others in somehow. I usually wouldn't mind but when it comes at a sacrifice of relationships I've enjoyed and actually seen built organically for three years, it just pisses me off and makes me resent certain characters. They need to get better at balancing the relationships on this show.

Edited by Guest

I kind of get why DR is so protective of OTA (and his version of OTA includes Felicity)...

I think it's because of OTA that it made Diggle more prominent and more loved. It's because of OTA that Diggle is still on the show and why he's still important to Oliver's journey. The OTA fans gave him that because of their support of those relationships. Yes, Team Arrow is bigger now, but I understand why DR would have such a soft spot for it. 

I also feel bad for DR for having one of his most favorite aspects of the show taken away and be forgotten because this also means he spends less time with people who he likes spending time with. 

• Love 7

I'm not talking about sharing content, I'm talking about a simple, "Looking forward to seeing everyone at the thing today!" or "Had fun at the thing today, looking forward to seeing everyone again tomorrow!" He's done that at every other con he's gone to.

He's got another HVFF going in NYC that he's trying to sell tickets for. Makes every bit of sense to me that he'd try to get people excited for the next one by showing how much fun he and everyone are having at this one. That's why I think it's strange. 

Fair point that is strange.

So I just went to get an autograph and asked SA about the beer drinking at the NP events. He said that wine makes him sleepy, and he knows that he'll be drinking constantly at events where he has to walk around and mingle, so he sticks with beer to avoid getting wasted by the end of the night.

Also, he's so good looking it's ridiculous. While answering my question he reached up to adjust his baseball cap and I was completely distracted watching his arms flex.

Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 14

I really don't, at all, understand the whole thing that hate is as good as love.  I know some people hatewatch shows, but I don't think enough to affect ratings.  I turn off shows that have a lot of stuff I hate.  Why would they want that?  I mean, unless they mean love to hate?  Like great villains?  I HATE Ray Palmer and thus will not watch LoT, but I love to hate DD...but those are two totally different things.

Thanks for the recaps!

He also may mean how there are twists that make us happy as a fan like NP Nookie and twists that make us unhappy like QL smacking OQ while in custody.  The storylines can incite love or hate as long as it keeps everyone's interest.  BUT that's only true to a degree.  If they push storylines that are just flat out hated, then people stop watching so no, there are not the same.  It really sounds like SA is parroting back something the producers are telling him. 

How sweet, a fan made Katie a custom funko 

4gm5hc.jpg

Can someone explain to me the "Bye Felicia" reference?  I've heard it brought up a coupe times but have no idea of the context. 

So I just went to get an autograph and asked SA about the beer drinking at the NP events. He said that wine makes him sleepy, and he knows that he'll be drinking constantly at events where he has to walk around and mingle, so he sticks with beer to avoid getting wasted by the end of the night.

Real time question and answer.  This is awesome.  Ha, ha, I wonder if he's even surprised anymore that people pick up on minutia like that. 

• Love 2

Also, he's so good looking it's ridiculous. While answering my question he reached up to adjust his baseball cap and I was completely distracted watching his arms flex.

Thanks for asking! Love his answer. Wine can make you sleepy. Beer is also easier to nurse than wine.

• Love 3

I don't understand the "bye Felicia" saying either. I thought that phrase was an insult.  Urban Dictionary defines it as:

When someone says that they're leaving and you could really give two shits less that they are. Their name then becomes "felicia", a random bitch that nobody is sad to see go. They're real name becomes irrelevant because nobody cares what it really is. Instead, they now are "felicia".

That sounds like something I would love to say to the character.

But I'm not sure why someone who is a fan of the actress would give it to her. So I must be missing something.

I kind of get why DR is so protective of OTA (and his version of OTA includes Felicity)...

I think it's because of OTA that it made Diggle more prominent and more loved. It's because of OTA that Diggle is still on the show and why he's still important to Oliver's journey. The OTA fans gave him that because of their support of those relationships. Yes, Team Arrow is bigger now, but I understand why DR would have such a soft spot for it. 

I also feel bad for DR for having one of his most favorite aspects of the show taken away and be forgotten because this also means he spends less time with people who he likes spending time with. 

Him partnering with Oliver absolutely made him more prevalent but it isn't like he went 10 eps with 5 minutes of screen time. He clearly prefers the trio above all, and fine. More power to him. I think that more people in the lair did hurt his presence (and that it started when Felicity joined imo).

But his continued insistence that the main trio should be the only ones in the lair is both shade and disrespectful to anyone else who was down there as well, currently Willa and Katie both. It's a bit annoying now to me. The show has evolved and the arc of Willa especially was fantastic and earned...should she not be there? Should she not have a relationship with Oliver that's given significant focus after 2.5 years of..not having it?  

• Love 1

But his continued insistence that the main trio should be the only ones in the lair is both shade and disrespectful to anyone else who was down there as well, currently Willa and Katie both. It's a bit annoying now to me. The show has evolved and the arc of Willa especially was fantastic and earned...should she not be there? Should she not have a relationship with Oliver that's given significant focus after 2.5 years of..not having it?  

I'm not seeing DR saying that the main trio should be the only ones in the lair. He's simply saying that he loves that trio and he knows why a lot of fans love them too and he's grateful that it resonates with part of the audience. 

Him partnering with Oliver absolutely made him more prevalent but it isn't like he went 10 eps with 5 minutes of screen time. He clearly prefers the trio above all, and fine. More power to him. I think that more people in the lair did hurt his presence (and that it started when Felicity joined imo).

Prevalent =/= part of the most popular team. Sara was prevalent, Moira, Shado, Tommy... They were all prevalent but you saw what happened to them. I'm just saying that OTA being popular is probably what helped Diggle REMAIN prevalent which in turn allowed Diggle to form a great rapport with Oliver over the years. 

And David never said that they should be the only ones in the lair. Where did you hear this? Just because he supports OTA doesn't mean he dislikes Thea/Laurel. It just means that he supports OTA and will vouch for their scenes which have become rather scarce. 

I don't understand why it's wrong for David to support what he loves most. It's not like he's dissing the rest of the show. 

Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 14

He keeps harping on, on how the trio is the main part of the show the heart how they're Diggle's family. 

Shouldn't he be also promoting the relationship with the other two characters? The two he was side by side with for 5-6 months? 

I don't understand why it's wrong for David to support what he loves most. It's not like he's dissing the rest of the show.

Except you just provided a quote from his own mouth that "throws shade" at both Willa and Katie. 

Edited by wingster55

Haha. No. If the question was about OTA then DR has every right to talk about OTA. This is not a promotional/press junket. This is a panel for fans.

He keeps harping on, on how the trio is the main part of the show the heart how they're Diggle's family.

Shouldn't he be also promoting the relationship with the other two characters? The two he was side by side with for 5-6 months?

Except you just provided a quote from his own mouth that "throws shade" at both Willa and Katie.

I don't understand why DR is expected to promote things that he might not enjoy as much as other things. He talks about what he likes. People ask him about OTA so he answers about OTA. If people asked him how he feels about Laurel and Thea, he'd probably say complimentary things about them. It's NOT DR's fault that fans don't ask him about TQ and LL. It's not his job to make storylines more popular.
  • Love 22

Apparently offscreen bonding time between fictional characters is not as important or memorable in DR's mind as onscreen bonding time. Who the majority of his scenes are with does define his day to day time on the set. Maybe he's nostalgic for the old times. It does genuinely seem like they had fun when it was just the OTA. Plus more actors in a scene the longer the shooting may take with more blocking and lines.

I don't find it disrespectful, since he as a fan of the show is allowed to like what he likes and promote what he wants. I've never really heard him say anything specifically that disparages any of the new team members. In fact the butt video he mentions Willa by name, so he does include her in newer fun stories.

• Love 5

But OTA ARE Diggle's family because they've been fighting together for 3 years. They've fought for one another and supported one another. It's not like he's lying. He's proud of this aspect of the show. Why can't he 'harp' about it? 

Thea/Diggle rarely have had any scenes together so I can see why he doesn't talk about them. As far as Diggle/Laurel. IDK why he doesn't promote their relationship. But then again, it depends on the question being asked. I'm guessing most of the questions from HVFF were about OTA.

• Love 5

There are three things in life that are certain: Death, taxes, and this tired-ass argument coming up every single time someone from the show mentions OTA. 

But you didn't use your 'beating the dead horse' gif!

Sad face. 

I don't understand the "bye Felicia" saying either. I thought that phrase was an insult.  Urban Dictionary defines it as:

That sounds like something I would love to say to the character.

But I'm not sure why someone who is a fan of the actress would give it to her. So I must be missing something.

IIRC, non-fans of LL used the term "redacted" to tweet about the character without it showing up in KC's mentions or generate buzz for her.  Fans/stans caught on so they started sending screenshots to KC and letting her know they were defending her.  Non-fans switched to "Felicia" occasionally saying "bye" because they thought CL was brought on to replace her.  Eventually the fans/stans caught on and repeated their behavior.  About this time KC acquires a dog and names her Felicia.  She also starts tweeting the hashtag "Bye Felicia" frequently.  Coincidence or passive/aggressive behavior?  I don't know but it did lead to some non-fans of LL becoming non-KC fans.  Some fans embraced it as KC fighting back.     

• Love 4