Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

I just saw one of the people organizing the con reply to a tweet saying they made a mistake about who was on top of the poll or something and they said more announcements are coming and the made no mistake.So there's a chance for EBR,DR or GG.

Exactly. You only post a poll like that to get people excited and that only works if the "winners" are invited. Otherwise, it does nothing but encourage shade and disappointment.

Exactly. You only post a poll like that to get people excited and that only works if the "winners" are invited. Otherwise, it does nothing but encourage shade and disappointment.

Then again, cons tend to do this quite a bit (i.e. post polls online as to whom attendees would like to see as guests) but rarely do the top vote-getters end up as actual guests, usually because they're huge names and a lot of them don't do cons. EBR may not be a huge name, but she doesn't seem all that keen about cons, so I hope people don't get too disappointed if she's not there.

(edited)

Marc is on tumblr and this is legit my favorite response from him:

Marc PLEASE, The leather pattern is not a fishnets, Ollie have a new costume like in the comics, Laurel deserve one more similar like in the comics too, PLEASE.

marcguggenheim answered:
Can I ask you, honestly, do you think that would look good in “real life”?

Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 14

The fishnets in real life may actually look good, depending on where you're going & what you are doing. If we remember OQ did say he thought LL looked good in the fishnets when she wore them when they were younger for Halloween...

Problem is they look pretty dumb when you use them for crime fighting in real life. They are probably about as practical as fingerless lace gloves. Perhaps if they wanted to appease some of the more comic diehards - they could redo her leather pants, eliminate some of the buckles and put more fishnet like touches/appliques/cutouts to the BC suit. I'd rather have full gloves and fishnet adorned pants.

Or maybe they just need to have another Halloween party (this time onscreen) so everyone can wear their most diehard just like the comics costumes. And finally serve some up some quality fanservice.

• Love 3

Isn't Sara the one with the fishnet pattern on in her pants?I just see buckles on Laurel's.The show would be smart to just ignore the comic purists.They focus on the most random meaningless crap and its like they're not even watching the show.Season 3 suffered because of too much focus on comic book heroes who mean nothing to the viewers who don't read comics.

• Love 3

If Laurel came out wearing a leather leotard with fishnets I would laugh my face off, and I already laughed pretty hard at the buckles. Now that really would be 'fan service' and I hate that term so much.

Why is it a big deal they didn't automatically announce EBR or Ramsey? Even if they don't come, whose to say that Stephen didn't try. 

Personally I hope to see some Flash stars attend. Candice and DP have done cons already...let's have them do one with some Arrow people.

I don't think Grant Gustin has attended any cons except the studio mandated SDCC and Paleyfest.

Maybe he is just not that into it. Considering The Flash is far more popular than Arrow, I do agree that a lot of people would attend the con for him alone.

When Jesse L Martin was at City of Heroes, he mentioned that Grant is really quite shy and very very uncomfortable doing public appearances and the like. He, Jesse, was, he said, having a wonderful time and feeling the love from the fans (I think it was his fist con) and he wished that Grant could experience that too but didn't think it was likely anytime soon.

I'm still kicking myself I didn't go to the Paris con as I suspect that will be my only chance to see Emily in Europe.

• Love 3
(edited)

New MG posts at http://marcguggenheim.tumblr.com/(also some BTS posts were added to Slings and Arrow thread)...

bleuafternoon asked:
I was wondering if y'all check comments outside of twitter/tumblr and read reviews b/c they are drastically different and also unbiased. From what I've noticed, the excessive fanservice is negatively affecting the quality of the show. As writers, y'all would deny this but PLEASE for the sake of the show, make the right, risky and brave choices instead of mostly giving twitter/tumblr fans exactly what they want. Arrow and it's legacy deserves more respect IMO and I'm saying this as a fan :)

Thanks.  I’m well aware of the difference between what it said on Twitter/Tumblr and what is said in other forums.

myolicityuniverse asked:
In season 4, we will see again Felicity apartment?

No.  She’s moved out.

helmetedrogue asked:
you said on here before that the connor hawke storyline won't be explored, but stephen said in an interview that there's a good chance oliver will find out about his kid. did you mean that the kid isn't connor, or that the story with "oliver's son," whoever he is, won't be explored regardless?

In the comics, Connor Hawk is mixed-race.  The girl that Oliver got pregnant in Ep. 220 is white.

hotsforlaurel asked:
Please please for crying out loud tone down the romance and soap opera in season 4. It was too much of a focus on season 3 and it made it the worst season. We the fans are not saying to kill the couple but tone down the angst and soap opera atleast to a bare minimum. Your show is on CW and there are enough shows there for people looking for romance and soap bullshit.

Noted.

satanichorse asked:
Sooo, you now cast a black actor as a character who is canonically a Nazi. He is actually named "Baron Blitzkrieg". I mean, I don't know about the American education system, but do you guys kinda know what the Nazis stood for? Because judging from that decision, you apparently don't.

You’re aware my last name is “Guggenheim,” right?
http://www.ew.com/article/2015/07/22/arrow-season-4-baron-reiter-blitzkrieg

gloriacraw asked:
I love the way Felicity has been written as a strong women. All our strengths should be celebrated. Not just the the ones that can kick someone in the face, though I do love that kind too. Felicity balances things. You've done a good job on that.

Thank you!

harper-redarrow asked:
When will Green Arrow's infamous love for chili be introduced in the show?

I think you need to work on your definition of “infamous.”  :)

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

From MG at http://marcguggenheim.tumblr.com/

strangeandlovelysound asked:
Out of pure curiosity, what does a typical day look like for you? From beginning to end? Thanks for all the work you do to bring us entertainment!

Great question.  The honest answer is that there is no “typical” day.  I wake up at 4:30, lie in bed until 5, make coffee, web-surf, meditate, then start writing, get the kids ready for school/camp, exercise (hopefully), and head into work where the day just takes off and I go from thing to thing depending upon what’s going on, while hoping to carve out time to write.  Home by 7:30.  Dinner.  Put kids to bed.  More writing.  Red wine.  Some iPad.  Sleep.

hotsforlaurel asked:
Season 1 soundtrack was just pure badass and intense. Please bring it back for season 4.

We haven’t changed composers…

know-me--love-me asked:
Hey Marc! Just stopping by to tell you how grateful I am for Arrow and for Olicity and also let you know you are one of the few people I actually look up to as a person who wants to follow writing as a career, maybe even screenwriting. So I'd like to ask you: what advices do you have to people who want to pursue this career? What do you love the most about it and what are the characteristics you just have to possess in order to succeed? Thank you so much for your time, I truly admire you.

Thanks for the kind words.  My advice to aspiring writers is:  Read a lot, write a lot, work hard.
Edited by tv echo

Can you imagine someone trying to convince the insurance company that they wanna dress up KC in fishnets and a leotard for night shooting in Vancouver during Winter? Someone please tape that conversation for me.

• Love 1

Yeah. I may not be Katie Cassidy's biggest fan, but even I wouldn't wish a leotard and fishnets costume on her. Plus, she seems genuinely excited about the costume she has.

I have a lot of thoughts about season three overall, but the fan complaint that season three in particular was "too soapy" cracks me up. I distinctly remember season one. Though, to be fair, season one didn't have any previously unknown Identical Twins, so there's that.

• Love 10

Playboy billionaire, presumed dead at sea five years ago while on a pleasure cruise with his girlfriend's sister, suddenly returns home a changed man with mysterious deadly skills to right his father's sins. His mother is shady, his sister's a junkie, his ex-girlfriend is hooking up with his best friend, his bodyguard is in love with his dead brother's widow.

...These folks have never actually watched a soap opera, right?

• Love 18
(edited)

Its hilarious to me how they ignore the soap opera aspects of the first two seasons and only focus on olicity.I mean they had sister swapping,best friend swapping,sleeping with his fathers evil mistress,not knowing he has kid,Thea finding out Malcolm is her father and so much more soap opera stuff.But Oliver in love with one of his closest friends and longtime crime fighting partner is just too much. Laurel drunkenly threw a glass at her sister while screaming get out,thats pretty much a must have scene in every soap opera.

Edited by tangerine95
  • Love 13
(edited)
Stephen Amell

6 hrs ·

Facebook! A brief report on Season 4: Neal McDonough is a treat. We're doing a lot of things we're good at. We're altering the trajectory of the entire season in the first episode. Things feel more Green. Carry on.

https://www.facebook.com/stephenamell

P.S. Did you note the user name of the fan making the soap opera complaint?

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 4

P.S. Did you note the user name of the fan making the soap opera complaint?

Heh, yeah.

This is the show that brought Merlyn back from the dead with no explanation whatsoever, and then made him be Thea's father IN THE SAME SCENE. That's basically being a soap opera on steroids.

Kreisberg has referred to Arrow as a soap in interviews, and he's right about that too.

I also love the person who said Guggie should read comments and reviews that are "unbiased". Because that is a thing that exists in nature, suuure.

And the funny thing is that they made the "risky and brave choice" when they THREW OUT THEIR L/O FIVE YEAR PLAN, and came up with a different one on the fly. I honestly cannot think of anything more *terrifying* from a writer-producer POV, but they did it anyway.

• Love 6

I'm so sick of the " fanservice " argument and the "you need to listen to all the people who agree with me, not all the people who don't". The stupid of it kills me. I wish he would either stop answering these asks or shut them down by actually pointing out the flaws in the logic.

And yes, complaining about everything is a great way to get what you want.

• Love 3

I kinda get a kick out of the fact that Guggie's now replied twice saying he'a aware that other places online have ~different views~ than Twitter and Tumblr. That's some A+ passive-aggressiveness right there.

Does Ra's being the demon's hairpiece or whatever not count as the entirety of season three being possessed by the devil?

• Love 5

Does Ra's being the demon's hairpiece or whatever not count as the entirety of season three being possessed by the devil?

I'm tempted to allow it, but I really need a "good guy" with glowing red eyes spewing Exorcist-level nastiness for at least one episode to mark that checkbox.

• Love 3

I kinda get a kick out of the fact that Guggie's now replied twice saying he'a aware that other places online have ~different views~ than Twitter and Tumblr. That's some A+ passive-aggressiveness right there.

I think he's just done with them.I mean I have seen most of his asks on tumblr and every single one that came from comic fans,Lauriver fans,Laurel fans was just accusing him of pandering to Olicity shipers or asking him stupid questions like will Oliver call Laurel pretty bird,will BC get the meta human canary cry,will she get the comics costume,someone asked will Thea get AIDS like Mia in the comics.I can't believe they really think reddit or IMDB hate mean something to him.Those places hate every female character that dares show emotion.

• Love 4

I've seen some anti-Olicity fans also point to Facebook as "proof" that "everyone" hates Olicity. Except that's not really true. Olicity-focused material still get thousands of likes and shares. Heck, the hiking photo got 300,000-plus likes in, what, 4 days? Many of the comments are on the negative side but that's because a lot of Olicity fans avoid Facebook, too, due to the harassment they get. But the "likes" tell a different story from the comments. You can leave a "like" without engaging the trolls, and that's what a lot of people who just want to avoid the drama do. 

• Love 7

I think they have to do something with Thea and the LP, because otherwise the LP is always out there whenever anyone dies or is seriously injured, removing the drama of death.  Or they could destroy the LP, after expositing that it was the only one, when they bomb the crap out of Nanda Parbat and kill every LOA member except Nyssa.  Pretty please. 

• Love 1

hotsforlaurel actually threw shade at composer Blake Neely in her question to MG?  Honestly, that makes the "soap opera" comment/question/complaint from the other thread seem even more idiotic (hotsforlaurel asked BOTH).   Blake Neely is truly fantastic.  I think about 75% of the reason I am so easily manipulated by Greg Berlanti in every project is Blake Neely's score.  I love everything he does (really loved the Mentalist music as well).  And he's basically universally praised by cast and crew and industry folk. 

• Love 1

When Jesse L Martin was at City of Heroes, he mentioned that Grant is really quite shy and very very uncomfortable doing public appearances and the like. He, Jesse, was, he said, having a wonderful time and feeling the love from the fans (I think it was his fist con) and he wished that Grant could experience that too but didn't think it was likely anytime soon.

I never would have guessed that based on his appearances at Comic Con and Paleyfest. He doesn't seem uncomfortable or like he has a problem with it at all (usually you can tell when people aren't that into being there). I guess he's good at hiding it.

I love BN's soundtrack. The score is one of my favorite things about the show. I remember being impressed in s1 with how good the score was. 

I hope the soundtrack comes out soon. There's a particular song from s1 (that was also used in s2) that is on BN's website but not on any of the soundtracks and I'd love to buy it!

Can't say I have noticed the show's score at all. For me, a score/soundtrack has to be distractingly intrusive for me to even pay attention to it, like that season of Desperate Housewives where 'pay attention this guy is a villain'-ish music would play every time Edie's husband appeared, or that time I watched five or six episodes of Gilmore Girls in one sitting and then had to stop because I couldn't handle hearing one more 'la la la'.

Emily seems very confident during her public appearance as well but someone who interacted with her quite a bit in Paris has a different opinion, perhaps Grant Gustin is also like that. I also believe that both Emily and Grant do not want to be labelled as genre artists hence their reluctance to attend too many cons. Or they would be just very selective people.

She is not shy but she seems like a private person. She is smiling and friendly but she would not share things and hug left and right like David Ramsey would for instance. She is a little more guarded and she does not speak loud.

http://lakadyn.tumblr.com/post/121014027329/final-pics-and-report-unless-i-remember-something

I'm pretty introverted, but I can fake it and almost be the life of the party for a couple hours, if I have to. (Then I have to go home and sit on the couch with Netflix and my dogs for a few hours to recharge.) So EBR and GG could be like that...they can do it, and even enjoy it, for a few hours, but it's tiring and not something they want to do too often. DR and SA especially seem very extroverted, like they genuinely enjoy and even recharge from interacting with people.

• Love 12