Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

Those videos were so uncomfortable.I get KC seemed drunk and all but Emily said no a few times.And in her friend Fanta's video I think, she's covering her face,says no more periscoping.At one point she says about KC "she won't get the camera out of my face".All this just proves to me that KC is exactly the kind of person I think she is.

• Love 1
(edited)

How the frak does anyone make an analogy of a drunk Katie Cassidy filming a video and a rapist? Come on. 

Anyways...that's a really strange scene to do a chemistry test on. Unless they were primarily testing the friendship chemistry (fitting as they're each others best friend on the "other" team)

Edited by wingster55
  • Love 5

Those periscope videos were embarrassing but what is more embarrassing is the attitude of some of Katie's fans on tumblr who are justifying her behaviour saying it was all done in jest. When a person says no, it means no - whether a person is saying no to being filmed on periscope or anything else.

Rape apologists also think 'No' means something else.

I agree that the videos were embarrassing and KC should have respected EBR's feelings on being filmed, but comparing this whole thing to rape apologists is way too far. Please let's not go there to prove a point. It's unnecessary.

• Love 10

I have to agree with @TanyaKay. No means no. These are people who are being filmed all the time. If they are with friends or workmates and they don't want to be filmed then their friends and co-workers should respect that. The days of privacy are almost nil now. No, no matter for what reason, means no.

• Love 4

And the worst thing is that those videos were live,she had to smile and play nice or she looks bad.Its like having all your followers watching you at dinner with your friends.EBR told her no multiple times and her answer was shut the fuck up.Don't get her fans who defend that.I know I wouldn't if it was EBR doing it.

• Love 3
(edited)

It was an asshole move to be sure - I'm team Emily on this one, but if she was truly that uncomfortable, she had the option of getting up and leaving. KC put her in a tough spot, but she had a way out.

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 5

It was an asshole move to be sure - I'm team Emily on this one, but if she was truly that uncomfortable, she had the option of getting up and leaving. KC put her in a tough spot, but she had a way out.

Yeah but EBR doesn't strike me as the kind of person to do that.KC really didn't need to be an asshole who puts her friend in a situation that makes them uncomfortable no matter how minor it seems to her.

• Love 4
(edited)

I think it was just friends out drinking having a good time and one getting carried away. I don't think Katie meant to be harmful, I don't think Emily is going to hold a grudge. Emily's best friend was also using the app. I think people might be making a bigger deal than needed.

Eta because I've always wanted to quote the judge from Aqua versus Mattel. Everyone is advised to chill.

Edited by Delphi
  • Love 2

Well, that was awkward. Friend or not, if I tell someone I don't want to be filmed and they simply brush it off and continue filming me, I would not be happy. Idk, Emily doesn't come across as someone who'd leave or make a scene over it. She was probably hoping they'd eventually put the cameras down.

Anyway, I'm not sure what kind of chemistry they were trying to showcase with Emily and Grant. They looked cute though and I really like Felicity's hair like that. Why didn't they include a video of Candice and Grant considering this for the Flash DVDs?

Emily's best friend was also using the app. 

And luckily when Emily told her she didn't want to be filmed, her friend stopped filming her. 

KC really didn't need to be an asshole who puts her friend in a situation that makes them uncomfortable no matter how minor it seems to her.

Never said she did?

So if KC is Regina George and EBR is Cady, that makes the dude from VMars Lily Kane, right? I MEAN, KAREN.

All I care about is who Gretchen is in this scenario :p

STOP TRYING TO MAKE PARALLELS BETWEEN RL AND MEAN GIRLS  HAPPEN. IT'S NOT GOING TO HAPPEN 

• Love 4

KC is just a messy drunk. She reminds me of a good friend of mine who is completely cool sober but a few shots into her and she gets loud and rude and starts crossing boundaries. She can turn a fun situation uncomfortable pretty quick. That's what I saw in that video. It was a low key dinner, KC gets drunk and starts ripping out the phone. It was a bad call. Someone should have taken the phone from her because it was clearly making EBR uncomfortable (who was the focus of the video). Emily looked like she was trying to play it off but it was getting harder and harder. She could have removed herself but she certainly wasn't in danger. It was just awkward. I wouldn't have walked away knowing people were watching. I would have done what EBR did and tried to duck the camera and wait it out.

KC is a person who clearly wants to be out there. Her Twitter and Instagram is full of selfies and re tweets of articles about her. If EBR is hanging with her, this is what she should expect. If she has a problem with it, then she needs to walk away.

He played Max on Veronica Mars

Aww, he was the dude from SPN that inherited the Golum, I loved that episode.

Totally off topic but that scene of Sam and Dean warming their hands over the burning body and that guy just sitting in the car watching shaking his head, is the most underrated scene. (Think that is the episode) That one and the montage set to Renegade. That's it, that's the show.

I'm on mobile. This may look messed up.

• Love 6

Totally off topic but that scene of Sam and Dean warming their hands over the burning body and that guy just sitting in the car watching shaking his head, is the most underrated scene. (Think that is the episode) That one and the montage set to Renegade. That's it, that's the show.

Taking response to Quiver thread.

He played Max on Veronica Mars

Aww, he was the dude from SPN that inherited the Golum, I loved that episode.

I've watched SPN sporadically at most the last couple seasons, but that is the ONLY episode I saw during that time that I actually liked.

Please remember this is conversation about the social media of the Arrow cast.  Feel free to talk about what they share but stay on topic. This is not a conversation about other fans of this show and their reactions. 

Please also put spoilers in the spoiler thread and discuss in the spoiler discussion thread.  Now that season 4 is actually in production stuff released as part of production such as scripts (with names) are all spoilers and belong in the spoiler topic.

(edited)

I'm having issues linking to Facebook, but please tell me SA isn't finding random comments to call out. Honey, don't engage the trolls. It's Internet 101. I don't want SA to end up quitting social media over jerky comments which are always going to be made.

Edited by calliope1975
(edited)

XRibY5j.jpg

I'm sure he knows by now not to feed the trolls (he even said as much yesterday to another poster on his page that complained about a rude commenter) so I don't know why he gives this one any attention.

Edited by lemotomato

I'm sure he knows by now not to feed the trolls (he even said as much yesterday to another poster on his page that complained about a rude commenter) so I don't know why he gives this one any attention.

Probably because of the content of the post, since the commenter was accusing him of using his fans to make money. Which he is, I suppose, but in much kinder words, haha.

@heroesfanfest GUEST ANNOUNCEMENT – Katie Cassidy / @mzkatiecassidy (Black Canary, Arrow) will be joining us for #HeroesFanFest! (x)

CKkFt5PWcAE-h2c.png

So did they put out that poll to try and build excitement thinking they had locked down the top picks? Did they not realize in a fan poll KC was going to be bottom tier? Second hand embarrassment.

• Love 2

So did they put out that poll to try and build excitement thinking they had locked down the top picks? Did they not realize in a fan poll KC was going to be bottom tier? Second hand embarrassment.

Anyone get a screencap of the poll before it closed? 

The fact that the promotion for this con has only used pictures from the Fight Club promo makes me worried that those actors are the only ones getting invited. 

Well, Barrowman was the third in that poll and they locked him in as well. Emily Bett Rickards, Grant Gustin and David Ramsey round up the top five. I think Ramsey will join in, but Gustin and Rickards do not seem too keen on attending cons. Considering it is Stephen Amell who is arranging this con, he may persuade his colleagues to give it a go. I know many people who will jump in if Rickards is announced.

Anyone get a screencap of the poll before it closed? 

The fact that the promotion for this con has only used pictures from the Fight Club promo makes me worried that those actors are the only ones getting invited.

KC and Robbie Amell are the only two whose pictures are from that promo-probably because those are the two least ridiculous photos of them in costume.

KC and Robbie Amell are the only two whose pictures are from that promo-probably because those are the two least ridiculous photos of them in costume.

The photo for Barrowman's announcement was also from the promo, I think?

IQV8A8C.jpg

I didn't see his. Yeah.

Since SA seems to have a financial stake in this, I'm pretty sure he's going to try to get people there the fans want to see, so I wouldn't worry about only people from the fight club promo attending. I mean, they might, but I don't think it'll be for lack of trying.

• Love 2

Well, Barrowman was the third in that poll and they locked him in as well. Emily Bett Rickards, Grant Gustin and David Ramsey round up the top five. I think Ramsey will join in, but Gustin and Rickards do not seem too keen on attending cons. Considering it is Stephen Amell who is arranging this con, he may persuade his colleagues to give it a go. I know many people who will jump in if Rickards is announced.

I know lots of people that would jump in if GG was announced. I haven't really noticed anyone from Flash attending cons, with the exception of the one in Paris. 

I've already bought my tickets and I'm going primarily for SA, but I was looking forward to seeing Caity Lotz too. The rest, not so much so far. I really hope they don't do something as crazy as putting CL in a panel with KC.

If KC was good at cons it wouldn't wane my excitement, but I cringe every time she's announced to go to a con because usually it doesn't end well. *sigh*

I'm hoping she won't mess up. For her sake. 

• Love 1

Yeah, I have to say, what was the point of that poll if they knew who was coming? It felt like a 'vote and have your say on who you want there and we'll try our best to get them' kind of thing. But clearly it's not? Weird.

• Love 2

I don't think Grant Gustin has attended any cons except the studio mandated SDCC and Paleyfest.

Maybe he is just not that into it. Considering The Flash is far more popular than Arrow, I do agree that a lot of people would attend the con for him alone.

According to the first comment, someone posted that screen cap to his page - he didn't go looking for it. I was worried there for a sec, haha.

Ahh, good to know. That makes me feel better. Though why someone would want to bring a comment like that to his attention is a bit beyond me. 

If I wasn't going to the wine doodad in Austin, I might be tempted to go to San Jose'. Though, if they get EBR to go, I might have to think about it. 

(edited)

It could be DR and EBR are locked down and they are saving their announcements till last since they will get the biggest response. Seriously I looked at all the replies to the announcement for KC and one was positive and everyone else was asking for someone else. That's pretty standard on Twitter but that poll made it messier than normal.

I guess I'm mean, but I'm kinda looking forward to the entertainment value of KC putting her foot in her mouth again.

Edited by 10Eleven12
  • Love 4

Still hoping he gets EBR and DR to do it too.It would be great to finally have them do a con together,fans have been asking for that for a long time. I would feel bad for the people who spent money to see CL,but if they did a joint panel with her and KC it would be hilarious to see because they have been giving very different answers about the whole BC vs WC thing.But yeah the poll seems to have been pointless if they're just bringing whoever wants to come.

(edited)

It would be really awkward if they plan on having a Canaries Panel. But it would be interesting to see that, since they've never done a Con together before. Although it could be better now that CL's got her own character and her own show. 

If they get Katrina Law they should definitely do a League of Assassins panel with Barrowman, CL and KL. That one might be fun. 

With Cons it does seem like EBR and GG are not that fond of them. Which is completely fine. They are not for everyone. 

It would be great to finally have them do a con together,fans have been asking for that for a long time.

They've done a Con together, I was at that one. Which was a Walker Staker con. Maybe they can get them both to join SA again. 

Speaking of Cons, Jeremy Renner and Stephen Amell, so far are both attending Wizard World Chicago. I wonder if they'll talk when they are there. I would so want to see an DC vs. Marvel Archers Panel with those two. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 1

It's the poll that makes me think they are going to attend. SA must have known how the poll would go with all the social media stalking he does, I mean he posted it the same day as the Olicity photo.