Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

Oh, looking at the comments to KC's hacked tweet, I don't know that she got hacked. People are laughing that the same pic of her as Mario was posted a lot, so she may have signed up for something that tweets out pics she takes. It happened to Netflix last week, and people were getting mad that Netflix was spamming and they apologized because it was a technical issue that they set up. Maybe Twitter took away KC's verification for spamming?

I won't lie. I'm going to be so disappointed if Felicity's father gets pushed back.

I do appreciate David and Stephen bringing up Felicity's Dad. I understand why Emily is keeping quiet on the storyline given the history, but it's nice to see. I am a little concerned about David though. He seemed confident in Felicity's Dad, but this makes me question what he has said in the past.

It is confusing.Yesterday It seemed like it was gonna be DD,but now if they're not trying to throw us of its probably not.I trust that David knows about it,i don't think he'd hype it for nothing.I  don't want her storyline in the first half of the season to be about bringing Ray back.They said she was going to so i hope they do it fastJust enough with him already.

• Love 1

I  don't want her storyline in the first half of the season to be about bringing Ray back.They said she was going to so i hope they do it fastJust enough with him already.

Wendy Mericle made it seem like it was going to be something that happened in the first episode.

Oh good,I only caught the end of that question so I thought they might drag it out.

It's just speculation on my part, because it seemed as if it was a plot development that Emily already read and she said she wasn't sure that she could say anything about it, so I assumed it was something that was in the premiere. Could be wrong about that!

I just watched Stephen's interview that Laurel Brown posted and it does sound like the Felicity twist will likely be what you guys are speculating (i.e. she's restless in her domesticated state and is secretly working with the team back in Starling). LOL at his hints today that Oliver would make Martha Stewart proud.

• Love 1
(edited)

Also in that interview of Stephen with Laurel Brown, he talks about one of his pitches for having a physical demonstration of Oliver finally being at peace and letting go of some of his drama from the past eight years... do you think he might remove some of the tattoos?

That could be really fun.  Especially since we don't know how he got the chinese tattoos or when he gets the Bratva star, it could be neat to see him tattooed in the flashbacks in the same episode he is removing them in the present.  Also, I'm sure Stephen would be a fan of a little less time in the make-up chair.

Edited by TrueMyth
  • Love 3
(edited)

It is.. it's not gonna be aired live is it? cause I have papers due tomorrow to finish writing.

Pretty sure it gets streamed I know I watched last year. But that might have been the following day on YouTube Edited by Morrigan2575

It's just speculation on my part, because it seemed as if it was a plot development that Emily already read and she said she wasn't sure that she could say anything about it, so I assumed it was something that was in the premiere. Could be wrong about that!

It does sound from other interviews that maybe they learned from some of their mistakes like not giving Felicity her own storyline outside of Ray and Oliver so I'm gonna be optimistic that they won't screw up by making her prop Ray and the spinoff again.

• Love 2

It's always possible, TrueMyth. I'm NGL though--I'm attached to all of the tattoos and scars. I know they're a pain in the ass for Stephen but they've defined the character so much over the years that I'd be sorry to see them go.

• Love 3
(edited)

That actually makes me feel really really bad for KC :/ What's the point in hacking someone's account?! People need to stop being assholes

People unable to make a difference between characters and actors baffle me, when they don't scare me.

Wendy Mericle made it seem like it was going to be something that happened in the first episode.

I'm conflicted. The faster he's back, the faster he's gone (I guess. Well, I hope) but on the other hand I'd love for the first episode of season 4 to be about Arrow and its own characters -ideally, Oliver/Felicity/Diggle and Thea.

If the highjacking by the spinoff characters could at least wait for episode two...(I don't count Sara among those. Even S.Amell said it: CL's Black Canary is Arrow's.)

BTW, thanks to all of you who post pictures, videos, links, interviews and other tidbits :) It's great to get so many info and react "live" on the board. I'm going to be thankful for insomnia, for once.

Edited by Happy Harpy
  • Love 1

People unable to make a difference between characters and actors baffle me, when they don't scare me.

I actually don't think anyone is hacking her account maliciously, provided she's actually being hacked. Seems like some kind of software malfunction caused a bunch of reposts of the same thing? If someone was doing it to be mean I suspect they'd start tweeting out terrible things, and as far as I know that hasn't happened.

• Love 2

I actually don't think anyone is hacking her account maliciously, provided she's actually being hacked. Seems like some kind of software malfunction caused a bunch of reposts of the same thing?

I hope so for her!

Can someone explain this?

http://www.buzzfeed.com/emilyorley/there-is-no-hawkgirl-series-in-the-works-at-the-cw#.kiPnBRJq1

Legends of Tomorrow is a spinoff of two other successful DC Comics-based series on The CW: Arrow and The Flash. The characters will “criss-cross when needed,” The CW’s president Mark Pedowitz told reporters during a conference call in May. In addition to Renee’s Hawkgirl, the show will star White Canary (Caity Lotz) and Black Canary (Katie Cassidy).

Wow. Oliver being at peace and fulfilled while Felicity is antsy to get back [and probably helping the team out remotely, YES] gels so hard with my head canon that I'm hopeful. No, I mean, scared shitless of being hopeful.

• Love 15
(edited)

Unfortunately (for me at least), I just think that's lazy journalism.

Didn't something else get published not too long ago saying both WC and BC were on LoT and we dismissed it as an error too? Hmm. I wonder

ETA: Just realized this is the same article from.June so nevermind

Edited by Morrigan2575

Didn't something else get published not too long ago saying both WC and BC were on LoT and we dismissed it as an error too? Hmm. I wonder

I think that is the article that was published not too long ago. The publication date is June 22.

That actually makes me feel really really bad for KC :/ What's the point in hacking someone's account?! People need to stop being assholes

People getting hacked on Twitter is practically routine, at this point. I'm lucky it hasn't happened to me in my five years on Twitter, but at one point or another, at least 40% of the people I follow have been hacked, including my best friend and a lot of the celebrities I follow. Thankfully, there's nothing malicious about it and people generally aren't targeted because of who they are. Most of the time, it's done by bots, actually. So if KC has been hacked, I doubt very much that it was by someone who doesn't like her. 

• Love 2

I'm so excited to hear Stephen say Oliver's public persona is going to come back into play! I've missed that so, so much. Oliver and his family are important people in Starling City, and seeing him representing the family/company at public events was one of my favorite things about the show. The absence of that aspect of Oliver's life was one of the reasons Season 3 was so lackluster to me.

• Love 20

So much this. I watch the show for Oliver Queen. Everyone else is a supporting character in my book and if that doesn't hold to the comics meh. I don't care.

Me too, which is why DR's Periscope interview has me a little worried. He repeatedly said that Digg, BC, and Speedy have been working together for the last five months and are now a "well-oiled machine." He made it sound as if Oliver has been replaced by the new team, but *they'll* face some big bads that will make them need Oliver's help. Basically, the onus is on Oliver to integrate into the new team.

I'm just not comfortable with this. We already have metas who make Oliver seem useless, and now we might have supporting characters on his own show who render him unnecessary.

My hopes flared about that article placing BC on LoT because I feel she's the reason that Oliver has to share the spotlight--FS, TQ, and (maybe) JD would naturally be supporting characters, unlike LL/BC. Oh, if only that article were true!

• Love 4

I kind of think that Oliver and Felicity are going to be their own team for a little while. I think he's going to come back to town because of Thea (from the interviews today, it seems more like it's going to be a LP side-effect thing rather than them needing help with a big bad), and he's going to be perfectly happy not getting into the fray. Felicity's going to be itching to get back into it, and I think she's going to find that D/T/L have already found someone to take her place on their team. Something's going to happen that gets Oliver back in a suit, and I think they'll be two teams working in tandem for a while until DD and HIVE become a major factor, and (hopefully, because I'm mean like that), the team finds out that the guy they brought in for tech support is a HIVE operative, so Felicity has to take his place. Seems like there's going to be some conflict there for a bit. I feel like the new team will need to make some kind of miscalculation (like by bringing in someone that works for the enemy) in order for Oliver to be able to come in and, not take charge, necessarily, but become a leader with them again. IDK.

• Love 2

I'm ok with Diggle running his own little team. It's not surprising. They had to figure out how to work together without Oliver and Felicity for 5 months. I hope that it doesn't go on and on for half the season though. A couple of episodes maybe and then everyone can work together again.

• Love 3

Sorry, but as someone for whom LoT is one of the only bright spots in the upcoming TV season, I think I might actually cry if they moved Laurel over to LoT.

I do feel sorry for LOT if she is but we've been suffering on arrow for 3 years.We've earned it lol.Its probably not happening though.

• Love 5
(edited)

Is there anything from KC interviews out yet? I kind of want to know what to brace myself for expect. When they were super quiet about Laurel last year, it turned out it was because they killed Sara.

Edited by lemotomato
(edited)

I think Oliver will be weary of rejoining the team Arrow lifestyle. I think he will search out means for Oliver to be his own hero. I think Oliver will be doing more hand on hand fighting because stuff happens than planned out there fighting.

Oliver is the only one in this show who really didn't fully choose this life. His father and events forced his hand. I mean he chose it but I don't think he has truely acknowledged that this is the life Oliver chose. He'll be looking to do good but As Oliver. He won't be the old Oliver Queen nor the vigilante Arrow. I think people will still want The Arrow though. Oliver will have to find a combo he can live with.

Edited by tarotx
  • Love 2

Why would they have both Canaries on one show? The whole reason they got rid of Sara was for Laurel to take up the mantel. Then they realized they made a mistake getting of their actual Black Canary character and brought her back as White Canary. 

The team they have is trained in what they do. Laurel would be even more useless and unnecessary on LoT.

• Love 1

I'm ok with Diggle running his own little team. It's not surprising. They had to figure out how to work together without Oliver and Felicity for 5 months. I hope that it doesn't go on and on for half the season though. A couple of episodes maybe and then everyone can work together again.

I just hope that they do it in such a way that Oliver is still the obvious leader, not another equal member of the team. I know that his fighting skills will be--should be--always superior, but I need him to be the leader in more ways than that. The others need to look to him for leadership, but DR's interview made that sound unlikely. That's what made OTA so awesome--Oliver recruited FS and JD, and each of them had complementary strengths to bring to Oliver's mission.

• Love 3