Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

He's not wearing socks. Hello, stinky shoes and blistered feet!

Well, he could be wearing footsies, though, couldn't he? I love his laces! :-)

I think that someone at CW Arrow is definitely keeping track of fan complaints.  They addressed the Diggle not having a costume complaint in the last episode.  Now they've addressed the how-can-Oliver-beat-Nyssa complaint (although it still doesn't explain his beating her in all prior fights).

(edited)

Pics of KL at the Belfast Comic Con in Ireland this weekend...

CEBEfbnWEAAoMD7.jpg

CEBGYbdW0AA3Xl1.jpg

CEBGYcVW0AEkGwv.jpg

CEA_PlPWAAA8jTX.jpg

CEB0xAEWMAA9TP3.jpg

CEB29DHW8AAAJGR.jpg

Katrina Law @Misskatrinalaw   May 1

BELFAST!!! GUINNESS!!! @MCMComicCon It's on!!!  

Keith Andreen @keithandreen
Enjoying my first real @GuinnessIreland at a #Belfast pub with the lovely @Misskatrinalaw

CD8q4ZGWYAAtlCc.jpg

https://twitter.com/Misskatrinalaw

Edited by tv echo

You'd also think that the highly trained League of Assassins member Nyssa would be well learned in the art of the smoke bomb.  She's been training since she was what, six?  It really doesn't make sense.

• Love 2

^^^ THANKS FOR POSTING THE LINK! I was hoping that somehow Garbage Time would be shown on YouTube, because I don't live in the US and can't watch FOXSports1.

(edited)

She seemed pretty awesome!! Gotta start following her :) He seemed tired, but in good spirits. Then again she did call him out on his hockey allegiance (rightly so) & I think that set his rhythm off a little. Don't understand his switched allegiances. But then again, where I come from you bleed loyalty to your hometown team even if they are not so good. Granted its paid off in recent years. But my childhood, YA & early adult years saw some bleak times professional sportwise, but my loyalty never waivered.

Edited by kismet
  • Love 2

She seemed pretty awesome!! Gotta start following her :) He seemed tired, but in good spirits. Then again she did call him out on his hockey allegiance (rightly so) & I think that set his rhythm off a little. Don't understand his switched allegiances. But then again, where I come from you bleed loyalty to your hometown team even if they are not so good. Granted its paid off in recent years. But my childhood, YA & early adult years saw some bleak times professional sportwise, but my loyalty never waivered.

I love that she called him a pink hat, because he totally is. 

You stay loyal to your hometown teams even when they're garbage, dude! When they're not it's that much sweeter (Go Caps/Wizards <---worst name ever)!!!!

• Love 3

You stay loyal to your hometown teams even when they're garbage, dude! When they're not it's that much sweeter (Go Caps/Wizards <---worst name ever)!!!!

Maybe I just have too much hometown pride, because I love those names. Or maybe that's my Harry potter love talking.

Really?

I'm not much of a sports fan (though NBA heart belongs to the Bulls - and I have ER to thank for that :-P), but I see no issue with someone changing teams they like if they find a stronger connection to a new one. for example I have an aversion to the pats (so much I was actually disappointed they won this year But I also really have a thing for Seattle as a city so i kind of wanted to see them win again, but in reality American Football bore me) and the Sox's; both of which is apparently dangerous to not like when living in New-England.

And while it doesn't look like it, I really don't like sport that much. it's just i'm exposed to it cause in NE everyone seems to be a fan of some team so you can't really get away from it.

• Love 1
(edited)

I'm a bandwagon sports fan, if the team is winning I'll root for them. However they have to be Chicago teams, Bulls, Blackhawks, Bears, White Sox and if the Cubs ever end up doing anything in my lifetime I'll root for them too. 

That said GO BLACKHAWKS!! lol

Edited by Sakura12

I don't have an issue with anyone changing teams if they feel a stronger connection to another one, but he literally said he became a fan of the Kings because a) the Maple Leafs are garbage and b) because when he moved to LA Robbie took him to a playoff game and the year after they won the cup. If they for whatever reason took a huge dive in the coming years, I wonder how strong SA's loyalty would be, haha. 

Unrelated to sports…Looks like Sebastian Roche is open to playing PapaSmoak or DamienDarkh. If he is playing Darkh, I may be open to Darkh being Felicity's Father. Contrived story telling and all.

I'm not on board with the idea that the two characters are the same person, so I'd only be up for him being PapaSmoak. But yeah, PapaSmoak all the way. That'd be fantastic.

• Love 1

I just want him on Arrow. If its either/or, I would probably lean towards Darkh. Which surprises me because he is hands down my first choice for her Dad, but after Ra's was such a huge flop they need a villain who can kill it. I would say Roche would be amazing.

• Love 1

My first thought about Sebastian Roché as Felicity's dad was: "But isn't he too young for this role?" Then I looked up his birth year (1964), and I realized: "No, it's not that he is still so young, it's that you are already so old - you only remember him what he was like when he was much younger - back in those old times better known as the 90s when you yourself were much younger as well!"

Conclusion to be drawn from this incident: Time goes by, whether you like it or not :-(

• Love 5

I don't have an issue with anyone changing teams if they feel a stronger connection to another one, but he literally said he became a fan of the Kings because a) the Maple Leafs are garbage and b) because when he moved to LA Robbie took him to a playoff game and the year after they won the cup. If they for whatever reason took a huge dive in the coming years, I wonder how strong SA's loyalty would be, haha. 

Maybe he's just not that huge of a sports fan, just rooting for whichever city he lives in at the moment?

he considers LA his home now, so maybe rooting for the kings makes sense to him. I just don't see the big deal.

• Love 2
(edited)

From the tweets and things I've seen of him on FB, Amell seems to be a big sports fan.  He still roots for the Blue Jays.

ETA: because I was coming across more stridently than I intended LOL

Edited by catrox14

Maybe he's just not that huge of a sports fan, just rooting for whichever city he lives in at the moment?

he considers LA his home now, so maybe rooting for the kings makes sense to him. I just don't see the big deal.

I actually never said it was a big deal? My comment about rooting for his hometown teams even though they suck was not serious at all. I was just commenting on the fact that she called him a bandwagoner - because he totally is. 

• Love 1

I actually never said it was a big deal? My comment about rooting for his hometown teams even though they suck was not serious at all. I was just commenting on the fact that she called him a bandwagoner - because he totally is. 

I don't think he is a bandwagoner. He hasn't jumped to the Angels or the Dodgers that I know of.  I don't know if you watched the video of him making his NHL picks but he said he thinks the Kings have the better infrastructure as an organization. I also think he's a frustrated  Maple Leafs fans on top of it.  So I think he tries to pay attention not just as a bandwagoner but he doesn't have all the time in the world that he probably wishes he could devote to it.  Just my perception.

• Love 1
(edited)

I don't mean bandwagoner as in he's not really a fan, he probably really does root for and enjoy the Kings. I just think he started rooting for and enjoying the Kings because he lived in LA and they were winning.

I also meant bandwagoner in a general sports sense. He's tweeted about bandwagoning often.

Edited by apinknightmare

My first thought about Sebastian Roché as Felicity's dad was: "But isn't he too young for this role?" Then I looked up his birth year (1964), and I realized: "No, it's not that he is still so young, it's that you are already so old - you only remember him what he was like when he was much younger - back in those old times better known as the 90s when you yourself were much younger as well!"

Conclusion to be drawn from this incident: Time goes by, whether you like it or not :-(

Don't remind me. I remember watching him in that TV series with Heath Ledger and Vera Farmiga (I think). They were Romans? Or Celtic? Something. There was a Druid boy. Loved him since then.

• Love 2

Sebastian Roche would be awesome as Felicity's father. Even with the crap writing for him as Jerry Jacks, he still managed to thrill.

Have you seen the Toronto Maple Leafs?  The last time they won the Stanley Cup was 46 years ago in 1967, and they still have the most lucrative fanbase in Canada.  They need some tough love, and their asses kicked, to get back in the game.

Have you seen the Toronto Maple Leafs?  The last time they won the Stanley Cup was 46 years ago in 1967, and they still have the most lucrative fanbase in Canada.  They need some tough love, and their asses kicked, to get back in the game.

Yeah, I was just kidding about the sticking with your team through thick and thin comment so I could brag about my formerly crappy now good teams. I don't care who he roots for, but I did like that Katie teased him about it.

(edited)

[...] true fans never jump ship no matter how bad it gets.

Is this rule limited to sports teams, or does it apply to TV shows as well? In the second case, I might remember you someday when Arrow S4 is getting worse and worse... :P

ETA Could the fact that we keep talking about our loyalties regarding sports teams be possibly due to the lack of new spoilers? Seriously, where's the Asia promo? And hasn't MG posted something, ANYTHING that would be worth ranting about? Is our tumblr troll failing the fandom? Is he on vacation?

Edited by Kordi
  • Love 1

It is strange that MG hasn't posted anything since Thursday.  I wonder if the not-so-enthusiastic reception of Ra's latest moves might have something to do with it.  It's hard to find any comment that likes the latest twist in the plot.

Don't remind me. I remember watching him in that TV series with Heath Ledger and Vera Farmiga (I think). They were Romans? Or Celtic? Something. There was a Druid boy. Loved him since then.

The show was called Roar and I loved it too. It was awesome in its ridiculousness. I believe Roche played Longinus, who was cursed with immortality for stabbing Jesus on the cross with his spear? I could be wrong. It was a long time ago.

(edited)

The show was called Roar and I loved it too. It was awesome in its ridiculousness. I believe Roche played Longinus, who was cursed with immortality for stabbing Jesus on the cross with his spear? I could be wrong. It was a long time ago.

Yes, you're absolutely right! I just looked it up because it had been bugging me. And yes, it was ridiculous and I loved it all the more for it. Look at who it produced, though: Ledger, Farmiga and Roche. Not bad for a show that got canceled after 1 season, I think.

Anyway, back on topic, I've seen Charlotte Ross fave and retweet posts mentioning Sebastian Roche. Those actors have chemistry to spare so I'm almost positive if he does get cast they'll get on like a house on fire.

And yes, definitely a distinct lack of general excitement from the fandom, it seems. No new info to chew on. Both my Twitter and Tumblr feeds have been really quiet. I can usually tell if an episode is well received or not based on how busy they are.

Edited by SmallScreenDiva

Really?

I'm not much of a sports fan (though NBA heart belongs to the Bulls - and I have ER to thank for that :-P), but I see no issue with someone changing teams they like if they find a stronger connection to a new one. for example I have an aversion to the pats (so much I was actually disappointed they won this year But I also really have a thing for Seattle as a city so i kind of wanted to see them win again, but in reality American Football bore me) and the Sox's; both of which is apparently dangerous to not like when living in New-England.

And while it doesn't look like it, I really don't like sport that much. it's just i'm exposed to it cause in NE everyone seems to be a fan of some team so you can't really get away from it.

Sorry~ Born and bred NE fan. Patriots, Sox, Bruins & Celtics. Even the years I was not a diehard dan, I still couldn't let my loyalty die. No matter where I travel, I find lovers & haters alike. Then again in recent years there seems to be more haters outside of NE. Guess thats the price you pay.

• Love 1

Sorry~ Born and bred NE fan. Patriots, Sox, Bruins & Celtics. Even the years I was not a diehard dan, I still couldn't let my loyalty die. No matter where I travel, I find lovers & haters alike. Then again in recent years there seems to be more haters outside of NE. Guess thats the price you pay.

Born and bred New Englander here. I bleed Patriots and Red Sox. NE teams inspire a lot of passion - positive or negative.  It is fascinating to watch rational people become irrational when they talk sports especially if you bring up the Patriots. 

• Love 1

Born and bred New Englander here. I bleed Patriots and Red Sox. NE teams inspire a lot of passion - positive or negative.  It is fascinating to watch rational people become irrational when they talk sports especially if you bring up the Patriots.

How bout dem Yankees?!

Sorry couldn't resist...such a bootiful weekend ;-)

Yes, IMO as a Sports fanatic, you do not switch teams because they suck or because you move, or because your team leaves you. Go Yanks, Giants, Devils and yes, Go Nets (stupid Brooklyn).

• Love 5

How bout dem Yankees?!

Sorry couldn't resist...such a bootiful weekend ;-)

Yes, IMO as a Sports fanatic, you do not switch teams because they suck or because you move, or because your team leaves you. Go Yanks, Giants, Devils and yes, Go Nets (stupid Brooklyn).

I love a good sports rivalry! It can be fun. As long as you avoid dating a gambler. Nothing sucks the fun out of Sundays in the Fall like dating someone who bets on every game. Drop kicked him to the curb and now I only watch sports with the guys I'm not dating.  

Maybe its because I really don't care about sports (unless its the Olympics, in which case I am an expert on all the sports), but I kind of feel like half of these posts belong in the Small Talk thread

• Love 3