Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E07: Best Man

Andy and Sam are shocked to learn that Oliver is the prime suspect in IA’s corruption investigation into 15 Division. What’s worse, they only have until end of day today to find Chris Klem – the missing explosives-dealer – and clear Oliver’s name before he takes the fall.

Well wow. Wasn't expecting that person to be the bomber, however I did think he was a dirty cop last episode so good job writers for dropping the seeds to build up that it was Peck. 

Poor Oliver spend all episode trying to save a child and he's rewarded with this ending that he's a bomber and going to be investigated. I wonder now if the Ecstasy his kid got arrested for was a set up like Ava was set up with the cocaine. 

• Love 1

Oh...oh snap, not Steve! I like Steve and Traci together! The preview gives me a LITTLE hope that he has a reason, probably not a good one, but...darn. Poor Traci; her first boyfriend/fiance dies and now this one is dirty. Oh, and poor Gail, when she finds out about her brother.

At least Oliver got to revel in saving that child. That was sweet.

I knew Sam was going to know where that damned ring was the whole time; I did laugh at him putting a keychain connected to it, followed by sound effects whenever he whistled. 

Not much of anyone else, but...SERGIO! HELLO! I'm sure his character will be back by the finale. 

• Love 2

I've had issues with Steve since season 1. In the episode where his partner was dirty, and he got mad at Chris, Gail seemed a little scared of him, and even now when he's being all nice, I still find him kind of skeevy.

I've had so many conversations at work this week that started with people being all "Oliver can't be a bad guy." Seriously, he's Oliver. I would have been devastated if it had turned out that he was the bomber.

Loved Sam asking Oliver to be his best man.

• Love 1

Well there you go - no love triangle, no damsel in distress, no crazy lady stalking Diaz, no baby drama just police officers doing their jobs. And you get an hour of suspenseful tv and some really good character scenes (Oliver's monologue was great). The ring-plot was cute (although predictable) and brought some levity to a rather dire and dark episode. Even the B-plot had its depressing moments, that guy who's a registered sex offender will have to look for a new home I guess. Andy was annoying to Dov but she did apologize. However there's no reason to be that proud about figuring out that there was something off about Ward considering even Duncan got suspicious (and ran of course to step-daddy). Next week should be interesting.

• Love 1

And she wasn't even right about Ward. She thought she was dirty, still working for the mob, not undercover.

I still wish it was dov and Marlo who solved it since it was their case to begin with. The fact that all dov did in the end was play WoW was meh.

• Love 3

I haven't watched the entire episode, but in the parts I did see, no one asked the guy in hiding with his daughter to describe Oliver.  If you know something is off wouldn't you ask for a description?  I'll bet the description won't match Oliver.

• Love 1

I haven't watched the entire episode, but in the parts I did see, no one asked the guy in hiding with his daughter to describe Oliver.  If you know something is off wouldn't you ask for a description?  I'll bet the description won't match Oliver.

When they're in the library Sam asks what he looks like, and the guy is all "we don't have time", then Andy says they at least need a name, and the guy says Oliver Shaw.

Yes, they should have asked for a description. But I guess the writers thought it would be much more dramatic to reveal 'Oliver's' true identity by having Peck call Traci and his photo showing up on her cell and then have the guy freaking out. By the end of the episode Traci at least knows the truth.

I agree, it made no sense logically at all that when he said it was Oliver Shaw that Sam didn't instantly whip out of his phone with a photo and say "this is the guy that bought the bomb?" Then this whole thing would have been cleared up in 2 seconds by his response of a no. 

But they needed it to be dramatic for the reveal that it was really Peck. So they dumb down Sam.

• Love 5

I agree that they (or in this case, Okuma, since she wrote the episode, I noticed) were going for the "shocking reveal" of "Hey, that's not Oliver -- that's Other Peck!" But I'm not sure how unbelievable it is that Sam didn't immediately ask for a visual i.d. after the guy identified him by name. (Is identity theft really the first possibility that would spring to mind here? Granted, Oliver is Sam's best friend. But Other Peck has apparently done his homework and chosen as an alias the guy who, at least on the surface, appears to be one most vulnerable to becoming a dirty cop.)

• Love 1

Bomb dude did not have a pic of other Peck on his phone. Traci was driving him to a safe house when other Peck aka her boyfriend called her and bomb Dude saw his pic on the phone.

Oh...oh snap, not Steve! I like Steve and Traci together! The preview gives me a LITTLE hope that he has a reason, probably not a good one, but...darn. Poor Traci; her first boyfriend/fiance dies and now this one is dirty. Oh, and poor Gail, when she finds out about her brother.

Yeah that's how I feel too. I wonder if Steve wasn't trying to root out the bad guys and got caught up in it. Or he got the explosives to plant on that gangbanger he so gung ho for and Santana swiped it. I also wonder about Steve's parents this is supposed to go pretty high up maybe one of them is involved. I seem to remember  hearing that Lauren Holly would be back this season. In the even greyer area it could be that Steve is working with this gangster because he thinks he a lesser evil than a gang was or nastier gangster.

Yes, they should have asked for a description. But I guess the writers thought it would be much more dramatic to reveal 'Oliver's' true identity by having Peck call Traci and his photo showing up on her cell and then have the guy freaking out. By the end of the episode Traci at least knows the truth

I am going to fanwank that Sam was planning to get the guy to pick Oliver out of a line up or something else more official. That way no one could question if the man didn't identify Oliver later. Especially because Sam and Oliver are so close it would be easy for a good lawyer to argue that Sam coached the explosive salesmen so the guy wouldn't identify Oliver. If he holds off  and gets the explosive salesman to ID someone else back at the station house with witnesses and lawyer present that goes a lot further to establishing reasonable doubt.

Enjoyed this episode. Only thing that bothered me was that no one asked bomb dude for a physical description of the cop that bought the bomb. Like, duh... But I get they needed a dramatic way to reveal who the buyer was.

Andi: You're a rock star, Dov!

Dov: No, I'm a muscular orc.

Bwah!

I will say this for Rookie Blue, despite its many, many flaws, they tend to do the big scenes and the tension well. (And the one liners.)

Enjoyed seeing Sergio DiZio, who can rock any role, and Sam was really funny with his going down on one knee to Oliver and the whistle key chain for the ring, so all in all a good episode despite the lack of Nick.

Why wasn't Swarek in uniform when they went to check out the house? Was it casual Friday for detectives?

Well, because he's a detective he doesn't wear a uniform, but yeah, he was looking pretty casual. Was he technically on duty? I found it odd he could just drive around (to Kingston no less) with his own agenda rather than have to help on the missing kid case or at least explain to Oliver what he was up to...

• Love 1

Never liked Steve, he was always shady (just like another poster said) so this is believable to me.  Never thought Traci and he had any chemistry anyway.

Poor Oliver. Sam and Andy love him so much. I just wish Dov was more involved with saving him. Oliver was his TO and motivated him so many times in the past.

• Love 1

Not much of anyone else, but...SERGIO! HELLO! I'm sure his character will be back by the finale. 

SPIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIKKKKKKKKKKEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Yes, they should have asked for a description. But I guess the writers thought it would be much more dramatic to reveal 'Oliver's' true identity by having Peck call Traci and his photo showing up on her cell and then have the guy freaking out. By the end of the episode Traci at least knows the truth.

I thought Enuka played her revulsion well in that last scene. She was practically vibrating with hatred and disbelief.

Poor Oliver. Sam and Andy love him so much. I just wish Dov was more involved with saving him. Oliver was his TO and motivated him so many times in the past.

ohmy. the scene in the office broke me. "they're gonna bury you, brother." "they're gonna TRY." i don't always love Andy, but I thought her almost-stepping-on-Sam's-line a perfect line reading of how someone would be having that conversation. She heard Sam start his dire sentence and she's trying so hard to reassure Oliver. 

Oliver saving the kid - WAAAAAAAAAAAH. so awesome. (And Helllllo Nick Arms-in-the-Rubble! swoon!)

I hate the mother for not telling them he was on the spectrum and could have wandered away. If that child had died it would have been her fault for not providing all of the information possible to save her child. As they explained (well, i thought) there are parameters for an Amber alert. You can't just say "this child is missing" and stop every car in the province. 

Edited by betsyboo
  • Love 1

Poor Traci- she is doomed to not be happy. First her fiancé dies, now her boyfriend is a dirty cop. She can't catch a break.

Too little Nick- what a bummer. Same with Dov. When is he going to get more screen time?