Type keyword(s) to search

Now Your Show Watch Has Ended...Where Do We Go From Here?

• Start Topic

POLL CLOSED

21 members have voted

1. 1. To Book, or Not To Book...

• I'm climbing that Wall! I'm in! Does this make me a Wildling?
    • I'm...unsure. The Long Night scares me, and I don't have enough Dragonglass.
    • My Watch has not ended, and will not end, until the end of days (Er, until the show is completed.)

Hi all, 

In talking things over with shimpy, and getting PMs and requests from outsiders who love and respect you, and your quest for unsullied status above all else...I have a proposition: 

Would you like to start a book reading thread to post in? If you all agree, I'll post it here. If not, on the other side of the Wall, we have book threads, and that's where I'll place them. 

I, as well as Silver and Athena are the mods for GoT as a whole, so you wouldn't lose us, if you're worried about that. (Who am I kidding, I know that's your number one worry!) 

Don't feel pressured to do this. It's a personal decision, and one I value and respect each one of you to make. The offer is there, if you so choose. :) 

• Love 1
(edited)

I know I'm not supposed to post here, so if the mods determine this isn't appropriate to post, I'll understand, but since it looks like there's probably going to be some attrition before next year, and I may never get another opportunity to do this, I just want to express my appreciation for everyone here.

I know you guys are at least somewhat aware of what a big deal the Completely Unspoiled Speculation thread was to the book-reading section of the fan base right from the start (heck, I'm still about as convinced as I can be without the writers coming out and explicitly acknowledging it that Bronn calling wildfire "pig shit" was a direct reference to you guys), but on a personal note, I've found reading your speculations to be one of the highlights of show.

For five seasons now, my weekly routine on Sunday nights has been *credits roll* *hit refresh on the Spitball Wall*. During that first season, it was mostly as part of a search for any "fresh reactions" to the material that wasn't encumbered by reader expectations (that I wasn't really safe to read, myself, anyway, since I only finished the third book near the end of the first season), but you all brought a wit and insight to the proceedings that was not to be found in other sources of Unsullied reactions, and eventually the draw stopped being the vicariously thrill of experiencing familiar material through fresh eyes and became simply some of the smartest and funniest commentary on any show that I've seen in a long time.

I'd look forward to seeing stillshimpy's thoughts on a recent plot point, or what obscure backstory clue WhiteStumbler would be able pick out of an episode (and I'll admit you guys often caught references and details that I even missed), and the specs, whether they hit their targets or went miles wide, were often among the most entertaining things that I've ever read.

So as someone who has been a huge fan since the founding of the Spitball Wall, I just wanted to thank you all for consistently being one of the best parts of A Show.

P.S. I would read the hell out of a Spitball Wall Book Club. Just saying.

Edit: And I take so long gathering my thoughts and typing it up that there is now a poll that may render my whole impetus for writing this moot. Figures.

Edited by Delta1212
  • Love 13
(edited)

I am unsure right now. I mean, no point in talking to oneself if a critical mass is deciding it's time to leave our watch.

That said, IF I did want to join an Unsullied Read of the books I would want the following to make it feasible, enjoyable, and not feel like a chore:

A. Do it in bite sized chapter pieces with reasonable time to read each chapter so as to make it fit into a real life schedule since reading takes up a lot more time than tuning in one hour a week.

B. I would want to set up a set date for each chapter to begin discussing (with the mods creating that chapter thread and locking it until said time, like they do with episode threads).  So like Sunday evenings, for example, we'd begin posting about that chapter, so that we don't have some folks posting throughout their reading of said chapter, thus making the comments thread unbearably long and impossible to catch up on once we all finish a specific chapter. That would make keeping up with the conversation more doable in a real life situation of balancing life and reading.

C. I would prefer for such a thread to be over here in our protected Unsullied Habitat because we would still require a certain amount of Unsullied-ness as far as what happens in the books we hadn't yet read, if that makes sense.

D. Lastly, I think it would be good to have a nice break in between books so we could not always be reading and commenting because I know with the show, I feel a certain amount of relief when a season ends so I can get back to other things, yanno? Not a year of waiting between books, but a few months would be nice!

Anyway, those are the things I'd like to see in such an endeavor and are what would make it feel more feasible to me so I don't get far behind in both the reading and the commenting.

ETA: It would be nice to know who else is on the fence or still committed to remaining Unsullied! I'm on the fence, depending on how many others stay or leave. Right now 2 leaving, 2 staying, 3 undecided.

Edited by gingerella
  • Love 5

OMG, is this what Stannis's men felt like when they burned Shireen? Stay the course my friends! I don't want to be the only unsullied left and I committed to this.

I feel you 90...I think there's no reason to make a rash decision today, but that's just me. I'm torn...in my heart I don't want to stop doing this even though it's been awful this season. We've come this far, yanno?  But if it's just you and I talking to each other...I am making no concrete decisions yet, and I hope those who want to do the group Unsullied read will wait a bit before doing so, so others can sit for a bit and decide...

• Love 2

I'll leave the poll open for the next week. Take your time answering it. It's personal to everyone, including your legion of lurkers.

Ging, I'll take that into consideration, setting things up that way. Maybe 3 chapters a week? I'd even reread with you (staying silent, as I sometimes usually am supposed to do.) :)

Maybe the easiest thing would be to set up threads in blocks of three chapters, and you all could read at your own pace, posting in the appropriate threads when you read it. Just a thought.

• Love 2
(edited)

Okay, well what I asked the mods to do was just set up the Unsullied Read thread in the regular area and whoever is interested in joining can and whoever is staying on the wall, have fun guys :)  

Don't accept any wedding invitations :)  It's usually just a sound policy :D 

Edited by stillshimpy
  • Love 1
(edited)

I've set up an Unsullied book reader thread under the A Song of Ice and Fire subforum. I won't link to it, but if you decide to read...it's there  for you to post safely. :) 

Edited by Mya Stone
iPhone posting made me sound drunk...which sadly, I was not
  • Love 1

I voted for unsure. But like I said, I'm not reading the books, so count me out for that. That'd take too much of my time just to be disappointed at the end. So if I brake my Unsulliedness, it'd be to read additional info, maybe books summaries, stuff like that. I'd like to remain at least Unspoiled, but I don't know if I can wait a whole year to find about Jon's fate ( and Sansa' s).

If most of you guys stay, then I'll make an extra effort and stay Unsullied, because reading and discussing the show on this Habitat has been for me as fun as the show itself. 

This week is going to be critical in determining wether I stay Unsullied or not, because it seems that every place I go online there's talk about last episode. And is like I read once somewhere, "The Internet is Dark and full of Spoilers.".  

• Love 3

Choc, I don't know that we will know what happens to Jon next season anyway...It's possible he is on ice, literally, and we find out instead what Bran's been doing, and maybe where Rickon is and what he's up to with Shaggy Dog.  I'm willing to stick it out one more season and see how it goes, it's not that hard to stay Unsullied, just don't click on anything related to the show! ;)  Maybe we need a Spitball Wall 12 step club where we have a partner and when we feel like we're going off the Unsullied wagon we call them to talk us down...no offense to 12 step programs everywhere...

(edited)

I know I'm not supposed to post here, so if the mods determine this isn't appropriate to post, I'll understand, but since it looks like there's probably going to be some attrition before next year, and I may never get another opportunity to do this, I just want to express my appreciation for everyone here.

I know you guys are at least somewhat aware of what a big deal the Completely Unspoiled Speculation thread was to the book-reading section of the fan base right from the start (heck, I'm still about as convinced as I can be without the writers coming out and explicitly acknowledging it that Bronn calling wildfire "pig shit" was a direct reference to you guys), but on a personal note, I've found reading your speculations to be one of the highlights of show.

For five seasons now, my weekly routine on Sunday nights has been *credits roll* *hit refresh on the Spitball Wall*. During that first season, it was mostly as part of a search for any "fresh reactions" to the material that wasn't encumbered by reader expectations (that I wasn't really safe to read, myself, anyway, since I only finished the third book near the end of the first season), but you all brought a wit and insight to the proceedings that was not to be found in other sources of Unsullied reactions, and eventually the draw stopped being the vicariously thrill of experiencing familiar material through fresh eyes and became simply some of the smartest and funniest commentary on any show that I've seen in a long time.

I'd look forward to seeing stillshimpy's thoughts on a recent plot point, or what obscure backstory clue WhiteStumbler would be able pick out of an episode (and I'll admit you guys often caught references and details that I even missed), and the specs, whether they hit their targets or went miles wide, were often among the most entertaining things that I've ever read.

So as someone who has been a huge fan since the founding of the Spitball Wall, I just wanted to thank you all for consistently being one of the best parts of A Show.

P.S. I would read the hell out of a Spitball Wall Book Club. Just saying.

Edit: And I take so long gathering my thoughts and typing it up that there is now a poll that may render my whole impetus for writing this moot. Figures.

I would like to second this post. Your posts have often been more entertaining and thought-provoking than A Show itself (especially this season...yeeesh!).

But if I may ask: what is motivating everyone to suddenly go for the books after so many years of staying Unsullied? Was season 5 that bad?? LOL

Edited by Attaboy000
  • Love 1

I think it is a combination of season 5 being really bad and ending on multiple cliff hangers that left it feeling like there was no resolution to the season. Did other seasons end like this? I don't think so. For instance, we knew Tyrion survived Blackwater the next episode. We didn't have to wait a year to find that out. 

Ending a season with a full fledged cliff hanger is a sign that they knew the season was bad and rather than fix it they tried to keep people on the hook with this hanger.  But that doesn't really work when a book series is involved, because people who want to know what happens will, you know, read the books. Except me, because I'm stubborn.

• Love 6
(edited)

I see what you're saying...however, in this particular situation, I don't think the books will be much help. A lot of story lines are left hanging by the end of a book, some don't return for entire books, and as far as some season 5 cliff hangers go...well let's just say that us "Bookwalkers" have been waiting for 4-5 years now for some answers :-/ 

Don't get me wrong: I'm not saying people shouldn't read the books. Quite the opposite. I would highly recommend the books to all of the Unsullied because you guys will appreciate the depth in them (which the show has lost over the years). But I wouldn't put all my hopes into the books having the answers everyone craves at the moment. To me this all seems like a knee-jerk reaction to a shitty ending.

Regardless though: everyone should do what the want to, and if a re-read thread is started I'll probably join in on the re-read, but mostly stay away from commenting, for obvious reasons

Edited by Attaboy000
  • Love 4

I've only ever been a sporadic poster in this forum, but this habitat has always been my natural home as I've always avoided spoilers, own the DVDs without ever watching any of the additional material, and have no plans to read the books.

That said, my understanding is that the show has now caught up with the books, which means that unless the next one is published soon, everyone will be in the same boat next season.

So, while I don't have any plans to read the books myself any time soon, and still won't be seeking out additional material, I guess I'll be interested to read the thoughts and impressions of my fellow Unsullied as they go through the process of comparing their spitballs and impressions to the source material.

• Love 3

I know I am not supposed to post here at all, but after 5 years of reading you guys with pure passion, the idea of you starting to read the books altogether and see your take on it is absolutely delightful !

• Love 6
But if I may ask: what is motivating everyone to suddenly go for the books after so many years of staying Unsullied? Was season 5 that bad?? LOL

In addition to what 90% said, there has been a lot of speculation within our Habitat if whether the show is changing plots from the books or not. I think this is because a lot of people believe the plots and the characters are not making much sense anymore and therefore must be a deviation from the books. Myself, I'm in the minority, I don't think the show could change entire plots that much. One thing is to eliminate characters or do away with some minor plots, but would the show really kill someone that wasn't killed in the Books? Or make up, for example, Sansa's rape, which is one of the plots some were horrified of?

Plus season 5 seemed to have stalled too much, some of us think the show is maybe trying to extend the books to get more seasons. TV shows do that sometimes.

I see what you're saying...however, in this particular situation, I don't think the books will be much help. A lot of story lines are left hanging by the end of a book, some don't return for entire books, and as far as some season 5 cliff hangers go...well let's just say that us "Bookwalkers" have been waiting for 4-5 years now for some answers :-/

Huh?? See, this is what I'm afraid of, that after I brake my Unsulliedness looking for answers, I won't get any! I know there must still some mysteries in the books, but geez, there is so much left on the air right now it's pissing me off! That's why I'm not reading the books either way. That's a lot of effort and investment to end up 4 years waiting for some answers. I can't even wait for a year now!

That said, my understanding is that the show has now caught up with the books, which means that unless the next one is published soon, everyone will be in the same boat next season.

Really?? I thought there were more books, plus the show started waaaay after the books had been published, they can't possibly be on par now, can they?

• Love 1

Oh, now I don't know what to do, if there's a split in the population here. Stay completely unsullied and remain in this habitat where it feels safe or venture out to follow the 'unsullieds reading the books for the first time' thread.

Decisions, decisions. I know I won't be reading the books myself, or looking up any old interviews or anything. And I guess I can imagine a lot of what the book walking thread will say, having just had the experience of deciding to read the Poldark novels halfway through the new adaptation and ending up seething in fury at how superficial the show managed to be despite being based on such character rich material (seriously, there's no comparison, and the Poldark books aren't even that long). The GoT books have got to be twice the length of the Poldark novels, at the very least, which means the compression of material must be worse, I can predict that much.

So...now I don't know.

Just wanted to say that, whatever you guys decide to do, I have always enjoyed reading your musings, and look forward to continuing doing so, regardless of whether or not you choose to begin reading the books.  The Unsullied threads both here and at TWOP often gave me new insight into material I thought I knew well.  Thank you for your service on the Spitball Wall.

• Love 3
(edited)

I went and created at account here (used to have one over at TWoP) just so I could post and tell you all how much I've enjoyed reading your thoughts over the last five years. I started over at TwoP where I began following the Spitball Wall when it was about 10 pages long and then followed (stalked?) you all over here after TWoP shut down. My Sunday night ritual has been to check the speculation thread (end the episode thread this season) to see what you all have to say - impatiently mashing F5 until you've had a chance to get your thoughts out.

I became a bookwalker when I was 17 years old (hint: I'm now 35) so experiencing the content again through your reactions reminds me of the utterly raw emotions I felt when I read all of these big moments. I literally THREW my hardcover copy of A Storm of Swords across the room when I got to the RW. The books are a very worthwhile read - even if the last two do bog down a bit but I'll echo what Attaboy000 said and say that you may not always find the answers you seek. Us bookwalkers have been chewing on many of the same cliffhangers for five years now so we are officially in the same boat as you! Ugh.

Anyhoo... I've been itching for an opportunity to tell all of you regulars - WhiteStumbler, Gingerella, 90PercentGravity, ChocButterflyStillShimpy, Pallas, JanJan, and others you've lost along the way - how wonderful it has been reading your reactions. As Delta1212 said - I would read the hell out of an Unsullied Book Club!

Edited by Anguissette1979
  • Love 8

Really?? I thought there were more books, plus the show started waaaay after the books had been published, they can't possibly be on par now, can they?

Well, don't quote me (too late) because I don't actually know for sure - I couldn't even tell you the names of most of the books (beyond they are all 'a something of something', I guess) so don't actually know for sure how many there are. I do know, but don't know how, that there were big gaps between some of them. But I had an idea that the book series is not complete and that the show was catching up fast, and I thought this was the season of catching up. But I may have got completely the wrong end of the stick.

But I had an idea that the book series is not complete and that the show was catching up fast, and I thought this was the season of catching up. But I may have got completely the wrong end of the stick.

Entirely correct ! ;)

I'm so glad this thread was opened, so we at least have some forum to communicate with the Unsullied (and glad also that posts are heavily moderated).  Now that I finally get to, I have one burning question to ask.  How on earth do all manage to stay Unsullied?.. and I'm not talking willpower or anything.  I was slightly spoiled before I read a word from the books or watched a scene of this show, and not by choice but just because of people talking about it and internet buzz.  I'm awestruck how you guys manage to avoid it all.  This is the most interesting thread to me in GoT forums.  Cheers!

• Love 2

I'm so glad this thread was opened, so we at least have some forum to communicate with the Unsullied (and glad also that posts are heavily moderated).  Now that I finally get to, I have one burning question to ask.  How on earth do all manage to stay Unsullied?.. and I'm not talking willpower or anything.  I was slightly spoiled before I read a word from the books or watched a scene of this show, and not by choice but just because of people talking about it and internet buzz.  I'm awestruck how you guys manage to avoid it all.  This is the most interesting thread to me in GoT forums.  Cheers!

I honestly don't find it that hard. I'm not in the US, so can't say what the show's coverage is over there, but where I am, I've never seen more than the odd very generic poster advertising the show and its obscure cable channel - nothing given away there. The, um, versions I acquire to watch have no previouslies and no previews. I don't know anyone in RL who either watches the show or has read the books. And...I guess I just don't chat online in enough places to be in danger. I own the first three seasons on DVD but have never been tempted by the extra material. I don't click on links and don't frequent the kind of site that might accidentally spoil me. So I suppose my own insular online habits are what keep me safe. Tumblr is the biggest danger, but I have my blacklist all set up and am good at averting my eyes!

Actually I did know one major spoiler before I started watching - I knew that Ned died, because: Sean Bean. I'd seen mention of his being killed off again before I ever had any intention of watching the show, but hadn't actually read the article, just saw the headline in passing. Then I had a couple of friends come to stay with me who made me watch season one with them - and they were very keen not to spoil me, just about died not letting themselves talk about the episodes in case they let anything slip! We got through the whole season in about 2/3 evenings and then they were really disappointed that I'd already known to expect that big twist at some point, although I hadn't known any details. Since then...yeah. I'm just insular enough to avoid danger.

I honestly don't find it that hard. I'm not in the US, so can't say what the show's coverage is over there,

The coverage is quite extensive here in the US, especially on the internet, so I greatly admire the resolve and fortitude of those who've managed to remained Unsullied for five years.  I always look forward to seeing your reactions to the big moments.

• Love 2
Now that I finally get to, I have one burning question to ask.  How on earth do all manage to stay Unsullied?.. and I'm not talking willpower or anything.  I was slightly spoiled before I read a word from the books or watched a scene of this show, and not by choice but just because of people talking about it and internet buzz.  I'm awestruck how you guys manage to avoid it all.

I'm not in the US either, but lots of people I know watch the show but don't read the books. My little brother started reading them, but he got tired and quit. He would never spoil me. But many I know who watch the show do read spoilers and they usually want to tell you what happens, but I don't let them. They're not obnoxious, though, and they actually don't know much about the books or show either. I have to constantly remind them the name of characters, which I myself don't always remember.

It's more difficult for people I know who have started watching the show recently not to get spoiled. I feel sorry for those, because there are talks about the show everywhere, specially the characters who die early on (Ned). Like they start telling people they begun watching the show and the first thing they are asked is "did you think Ned was going to die like that?". Ugh, people, seriously, think before you talk. They don't do it on purpose, though, but damn! The first thing I ask someone who tells me they started watching is what episode they're on, and what has happened so far, so I don't make a mistake.

The difficult part is staying Unsullied online. I avoid any articles on GoT, because even if they are exclusively about the show, sometimes they also have little spoilers in them. I frequent very few sites, so it's fine. Plus, I don't use Twitter or Tumblr (seriously, what is Tumblr for? I don't understand it...I feel old sometimes :/). When I began watching I didn't even know there were books. I became more interested in discussing the show when I was at TWOP. At first we did get there some additional info, but nothing spoilerish, then the rules got stronger because there were too many leaks and it was getting worst. But it got under control. And now, here, we have our own super safe place, so we don't have to worry about being spoilt anymore :) .

• Love 3

As a long-time book walker, I just want to say thank you to all the unsullied. Your insights and opinions about A Show have been highly entertaining and remind me of how I felt when I first read the books. If you're hoping to get the answers to all your questions by reading the books, I fear you'll be as frustrated as we are, waiting for GRRM to finish the books!

• Love 3

I wanted to say how much I love the evolution of this whole Unsullied thing from hidey-hole to zoo and everything inbetween.

Many thanks to the mods and the users for making it happen.

Lord Cole, on behalf of the Unsullied Spitball Wall Nights Watch, we offer you our humblest thanks and gratitude for providing us with a safe haven so we didnt have to wander the Seven Kingdoms and beyond, winding up like a dirty breakaway band of Dothrakis. Instead, you have offered us a warm, safe place in which to spin our yarns and toss our spitballs, and even provided us with the best White Cloak bannermen this side of A Show. For that, and for continuing to do so until the end of A Show, we bend the knee to you in thanks and offer up unlimited mugs of grog...

• Love 4

As an unsullied member in the US, I can say that I haven't been able to stay 100% unsullied. Not because of faults of my own, but because of people around me that I have no control over.

Way back on TWOP Season 2 when I first started posting, I predicted that Stannis had a mutant daughter. I got banned for a few weeks while I tried convincing them that I came up with the theory of my own. He only referred to sons. Never children, specifically how he had no sons. So I thought it would be a Jane Eyre situation and he had a daughter that was kept away and nobody saw. When I got banned as a bookwalker, I complained to a bookwalker friend of mine and he said. "well, that's because you're exactly right." Whoops.

All of my GoT watching/reading co-workers know I watch the show. My desktop background is a nice photo of the Iron Throne with the tagline: "Game of Thrones Drinking Game. Step One: Drink Until It Stops Hurting."

Then after the episode where Joffrey died, a co-worker who only reads the books asked what happened in the most recent episode. She usually asks me these things once in a great while when the media firestorm happens during the season. I told her it was the episode where Joffrey died. "Oh so you know about the necklace?" >:(  Well, I freaking do now! 

Well, don't quote me (too late) because I don't actually know for sure - I couldn't even tell you the names of most of the books (beyond they are all 'a something of something', I guess) so don't actually know for sure how many there are. I do know, but don't know how, that there were big gaps between some of them. But I had an idea that the book series is not complete and that the show was catching up fast, and I thought this was the season of catching up. But I may have got completely the wrong end of the stick.

Correct and then some. Season 4 started showing the odd scene that feels like a spoiler for the books, and Season 5 has presumably gone further. At this stage, the show is ahead of the books; and you're starting to get unsullied the other way around, bookwalkers who have stopped watching the show as they don't want the story spoiled for their favoured medium.

This is why I personally chose not to watch Season 5; and why I felt I had to step down from protecting you guys (and consequently, why I'm late even seeing that this thread exists).

Whilst it would be really sad to see the ruination of the unsullied habitat - and I'm pleased to see that the vote is against this; the spoilers you all fear from the big bad world... aren't really spoilers anymore; they're backstory, not twists; and that backstory may not even be the same as the show has (inevitably) moved further and further from the source material.

It was my absolute pleasure to help you out, especially through the trauma of TWOP's demise and scrambling for a new home; and I've really missed it this year.

I will sure as hell read any reading-through threads you go through, and probably join in - in lurk mode only.

• Love 2

I was a mostly lurking occasional long-time poster at TWOP who wanted to be unsullied, but my co-worker bought the first book right before the series aired and I just couldn't help myself.  I have always enjoyed reading all of your commentary both at TWOP and here.  My husband is an unsullied, so I appreciate how hard it is to stay unspoiled and just let the story unfold.

• Love 1

Unsullied now, Unsullied forever. That's me. I was thinking of climbing aboard little Pinky and flying over to Essos to knock some sense into Dany, but Drogon scared the pigshit out of him.  So I guess it's all up to Tyrion. I'll be watching.

• Love 2
(edited)

Regardless though: everyone should do what the want to, and if a re-read thread is started I'll probably join in on the re-read, but mostly stay away from commenting, for obvious reasons

A re-read was recently started.  We are still on the first book, if you'd like to join us, you can go here

The series is supposed to be 7 books long.  So far, Martin has only published 5 and is working on the sixth.  I believe his goal is to publish it before season 6 starts.

I won't give you the titles, in case you guys think that they may sully you, but here's the publishing chronology and which books each season covered (roughly):

• Book 1 - published in 1996 - Season 1
  • Book 2 - published in 1998 - Season 2
  • Book 3 - published in 2000 - Seasons 3 and 4
  • Book 4 - published in 2005 - Season 5
  • Book 5 - published in 2011 - Season 5

As of the S5 finale the show has caught up with the books completely, and for one character they even included a story point that happens in book 6 (Martin has released a few preview chapters of book 6).

Martin has shared with the show runners the outline of his planned endgame for all the important characters.  And Martin has publicly said that even though some people on the internet have guessed some of it, he will not change it because he put the clues in the text for a reason and those readers earned their guesses.

Without revealing any plot from the books, I can tell you that the show has done several things differently, some to the delight of bookwalkers and some to our chagrin.  They have cut entire storylines making us wonder how important they are to the endgame and wrecking thousands of theories.  Likewise, they have done storylines that are not in the books making us wonder if those events or something similar to those events will eventually happen in books 6 and 7.

They have killed people who are still alive in the books, which off course makes us think the fate of those characters in future books has been spoiled for us bookwalkers; and they have kept characters alive on the show who are dead in the books, which makes us wonder how (or if) they are going to tie that character back to the main storylines.

I started unsullied.  I binged S1 right before S2 started and live watched season 2.  Then I read the books because I can't not know.  It's been a very interesting experience to see this adaptation.  On a purely academic level, I think this could be a subject for film schools everywhere.

Edited by SilverStormm
added spoiler tags