Type keyword(s) to search

The Annual Primetime Emmys - General Discussion

Message added by formerlyfreedom

A reminder that all Primetimer rules and policies are in effect during live chats, including politics policy. Please stick to discussion of the show. Thank you.

• Start Topic

It's trending on Twitter how  Kimmel showed up Meyers.

How does that work?

Kimmel and Meyers are on good terms (Meyers was very supportive when Kimmel followed him at the White House Correspondents Dinner host, and Meyers took time to congratulate Kimmel on his baby last month).

I'm sure he got Meyers' permission to do that bit.

Still, it's weird that that was allowed.

Hayden should totally be up for an award. She is the best part of Nashville. That girl can make me cry like nobody's business. I think her gown looks better from the side but regardless it will go down as one of my favorite red carpet pregnancy gowns.

• Love 1

Who knew I agree with Billy on the Street? Heh...Judging Amy.

Filliam H. Muffman!

Jim Parsons seems like a perfectly nice guy, but ugh, The Big Bang Theory makes my stabby.

Edited by Misslindsey
  • Love 3

Sorry I'm late.  I was folding towels.

Oh, look that one guy from The Big Bang Theory won.  Awww, and he thanked his late father.  That was sweet.  And I mean that.

Edited by bmoore4026

JLD does look amazing, for any age.  Generous speech, Jim Parsons, "there's no accounting for taste".  Love you in the role, but also love "Episodes".  Aw, that is a lovely thanks to Jim Parsons' father.  I also saw him talk about his father on "Who Do You Think You Are?", also lovely there. 

• Love 2

I'm surprised Jodie Foster lost.  Not surprised Jim Parsons wins... again.  He's just going to be one of those guys who keeps winning the award over and over again.

I see Matthew McConaughey is going to be the name that is dropped the most in this telecast.

The "Billy on the Street" segment was funny.  I actually am not famailer with that whole thing; I only really know the guy from his role on Parks and Rec.

Filliam H. Muffman is pretty much the highlight for me so far.

I feel like other people on Big Bang Theory are just as talented as Jim Parsons, yet totally ignored.

Wait, there are more people on TBBT besides Jim Parsons, Johnny Galecki, and Kaley Cuoco?

Not surprised Jim Parsons wins... again.  He's just going to be one of those guys who keeps winning the award over and over again.

I think there is a bit of name recognition that goes on at this point.  I like Jim Parson's but last season wasn't that great.  With Modern Family too. And JLD.  She needs to not submit at this point.

Well, they did put McConaughey right in front, so it would be hard not to get pulled into his gaze...

And he's orange.  Like the sun.  I want him to win something just to see if its the lighting

Edited by ParadoxLost
  • Love 1

Where's Phil Keoghan! Did I miss him while typing? Damn! I love Phil. Okay now I see him! All is good.

The Amazing Race won once again.  No surprise.

Didn't it lose last year to The Voice?

Actually I was thinking of Johnny Galecki and Kaley Cuoco who I don't think have even been nominated.

You are right. Though I would cringe at the day that Kaley Cuoco won an Emmy. Not a fan of her acting, but I am not a fan of The Big Bang Theory. Though I think their theme song is by BNL, who I used to love.

Edited by Misslindsey