Type keyword(s) to search

Season 17 Live Feed Discussion: Watch People Sleep All Day!

• Start Topic

Oh FOR SURE. He was completely flabergasted at the amount of applause JMac got the first time he was evicted, and made some sarcastic remark about John maybe winning America's fave. This dude also wondered how many video tributes are on youtube about Liztin, soooo.

He said multiple times after John was evicted and then came back that they must of been revving the crowd up or told them to cheer loudly for John because there is no way he would of gotten that loud of a cheer.

It was even louder the 2nd time, he wasn't there sadly to hear it so we could watch his face bug out!!

I thought Austin played a really good game. But some of his comments about other players while in the house and his totally lack of self awareness and thinking he controls everything in all his interviews after he was evicted just left a bad taste in my mouth.

Total side note. I had some time to kill last night while waiting for friends and I saw that DaVonne had Periscoped last night and I watched a bit of it she was hanging with Jason and Audrey at the hotel waiting for other people to get there so they could go to dinner anyway Jason and Audrey were chatting in the background and Jason said he's giving everyone a Real Life Chance outside of the house EXCEPT Austin. Audrey agreed. Thought that was interesting.

Edited by SiobhanJW
  • Love 4

Is the final part of the HoH truly a crapshoot? If so, then I guess we're at 50/50 Steve or Vanessa winning. I find it hard to believe it's truly a crapshoot, so I think Vanessa has a slight edge at winning the final HoH (every time this season where she knew she HAD to win a comp, she won that comp) and therefore, a slight edge at winning overall. But Steve clearly still has a good chance. 

Edited by Brian Cronin
  • Love 2

Is the final part of the HoH truly a crapshoot? If so, then I guess we're at 50/50 Steve or Vanessa winning. I find it hard to believe it's truly a crapshoot, so I think Vanessa has a slight edge at winning the final HoH and therefore, a slight edge at winning overall. But Steve clearly still has a good chance.

Well the past few years it's been questions from the Jury, and sometimes they will answer the question "wrong" just to throw them off. A lot of people have said that Steve has an edge because he won the What the Bleep HOH but that was also just remembering what people had said in the house if you were present then you might remember. This time the answers could be anything. Vanessa thinks she has a better shot because she knows how to read people and detect social cues while Steve doesn't. But who the hell knows. Last year it went down to a tiebreaker. You are right it's basically 50/50.

• Love 2

Is the final part of the HoH truly a crapshoot? If so, then I guess we're at 50/50 Steve or Vanessa winning. I find it hard to believe it's truly a crapshoot, so I think Vanessa has a slight edge at winning the final HoH (every time this season where she knew she HAD to win a comp, she won that comp) and therefore, a slight edge at winning overall. But Steve clearly still has a good chance.

It's totally a crapshoot. In theory, it tests which HG knew the jurors better by asking them what they replied to a given question, but they usually get pretty equally likely choices - on top of jurors trying to throw them off.

Edited by mooses
  • Love 1

Yeah, I give Vanessa the edge, too.  Steve has not interacted with the HGs anywhere near as much as Van nor does he have the  power of observation.  To guess what someone would say, you have to have been paying attention.   But I hear you mooses, it can be tricky. 

Edited by wings707

I thought Austin played a really good game. But some of his comments about other players while in the house and his totally lack of self awareness and thinking he controls everything in all his interviews after he was evicted just left a bad taste in my mouth.

I thought he was a good gamer, and I've defended him as not deserving the hate a few weeks before he became insufferable. I think his true motivations of wanting to be famous, plus his arrogance of thinking he was going to win for sure, really came out around Final 6 or 7 and got worse after his eviction.

Now I'm ashamed of coming to his defense!

• Love 3

Do you have a link for this.  Googling is only bringing up old interviews with Jeff.  

I can't find a link to the video of the interview I watched on the site right now.  Here's a link to a print highlights of his interview with her, with the specific reference summarized below:

When Jeff asked Julie her thoughts on Johnny Mac calling her "lady" and "girl" on live eviction nights, the Big Brother host was nothing but honest.

"You know, I never really thought of it as disrespectful until one of my family members brought it up one night. But, [Johnny Mac's] intentions are good... he’s just a little bit nervous, and was trying to be funny and comfortable with me on TV."

• Love 3

The fact that Steve has lucked his way into 2 different HOHS (one he tried to throw, one he messed up the math) makes me think he might have the edge. Who knows, though. I still hate that the last HOH is such a crapshoot.

• Love 2

The Dalton Ross interview was interesting. Here's the link if anyone's interested.

She talked about a lot of the things we've discussed here - including mentioning the idea that Vanessa being a woman has affected how the jurors see her.

She also said she liked James and would guess he'd be in an All-Stars and thought he was great when he needed to save his butt - but wished he played more than a social game on the off hours.

Regarding John - she did say she doesn't get all the love for him, and that he's just kind of a goofy guy with no long game, but maybe America liked that he was a wildcard. She did say her sister loves him, though, and Julie's like, "I don't know! I guess I don't like him calling me girl!" And that he'd probably be invited back just for his popularity.

Edited by mooses
  • Love 1

Not sure if this has been posted elsewhere but here's an interview with Grodner and another exec on the show. A few highlights: 

Will the "Battle of the Block" be sticking around?

Grodner: Honestly, couldn’t tell you. What it did for us is make a very exciting Sunday show — it gave an extra twist in there, a big competition that had weight to it, so in that way it’s been really good for us.

Meehan: The interesting thing about it is it got used very differently. Last season, they put weaker players on the block. This season, they convinced people to throw it.

Why don’t you think she owned it like Dan Gheesling, who would tell fans what he was doing in the diary room?

Grodner: It’s just different. I think that part of her is an absolute gamer and a strategist. This is the million dollar question, "Why didn’t she own it?"… The other part of her wants to be a good person and that at times can conflict, and that’s what we’ve been seeing. It’ll be interesting how she ultimately decides to play that, if she makes it to the final two.

Meehan: Some of our best players — you know, the Dr. Wills, the Dans, the Derricks — when they come in, they understand they’re playing a game, and this isn’t real life. What they do in the house really has no bearing on who they are in the real world, and they really embrace that role and play the game. They don’t think anything of the moves they make in the game because it’s not representative of who they are in real life. Vanessa has a little bit more of a struggle with that. She’s playing the game, but she feels like if she’s doing things in the game that are not right, then it makes her a bad person.

Grodner: It’s interesting, too, if gender plays a role in that because we just listed three men who have been the greatest players, and I think here she is conflicted with wanting to be good person and good player.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/big-brother-17-allison-grodner-826585

Ah, the Big Brother finale comes at the perfect time... right when I feel so burnt out from watching the live feeds and the broadcast shows and feel like I can't go on. Thanks to everyone here for all the fun and insightful and witty comments this season. I've had a blast laughing with you guys over Audrey in the DR, Shelli and Clay's pity party, the stomach turning Liz and Austin showmance... and believe it or not, after all my bitching about Vanessa's Green Tuque of Doom, I'm about to start making myself one. I promise I won't wear it 24-7 and curl my hair while it's on my head. 

I don't really care who wins this season (I feel like I say that every season). But it's a far better season than the last one, and the one before that. Here's hoping the next season is even better!

Maybe my wine consumption levels will go down now that the show is ending for the season. Yeah, right...

• Love 3

The only show with Austin worth watching would be one where the cameras followed him around as he became aware of the public's perception of him and the total fail at either a wrestling or show biz career. (Not that they are essentially different.)

YES YES YES YES YES

• Love 2

It will be in the final minute or two of the show.

Yep; the last few minutes of the show are the Big Reveal of the winner, followed by the revelation of who won AFP. Insofar as last season's winner was pretty much a foregone conclusion, my favorite part of the evening was the AFP reveal - and Frankie, preening and poised for a name call which was NEVER going to come... Sigh. Sometimes God likes me after all.

I love how DR Will described JMac. Among the people I know on the internet, Im the only one that sees the JMac/Bobcat Goldthwait similarities. Im sure there are many people out there that see it that Im unaware of ... but it is cool to now know of at least one, especially since its DR Fucking Will.

What, you missed the BobMac Goldteeth references on here? Trust me, you weren't alone. :D

I hope they do a Top 3 again, just so Austin can see he was nowhere near being a favorite.

From your lips (or fingers, in this case) to God's ears....

Vanessa thinks she has a better shot because she knows how to read people and detect social cues while Steve doesn't.

Well, yeah. V was the ONLY ONE to figure out JMac and Clay were incestuous gay brother-lovers. That has to count for something. :P

I love James too, but All-Stars? C'mon Chenbot.

IMHO Ms. Julie is thinking solely in terms of good TV, not good gameplay.

• Love 4

I like how many of them are prepared to yell out "I knew it!!!" in regards to twists tonight.  They are going to be disappointed.  I don't think they will take the time to be like "Vanessa is rich and famous!". It's not really a twist.

I was thinking about whether or not they're even going to bother addressing Vanessa's global status as a poker player. Part of me thinks they will, just because they might want something to be shown, and no one else has any sort of twist/fabrication (except Day being a poker dealer, which lol). But then the other part of me wonders if they even have time for that. 3 different HOH comps, voting/eviction speech, jury speeches, jury discussion, jury votes, America's fave, BB17 winner reveal. It's a lot to cram in. Actually, I don't think I've watched a finale since BB14 (because I loathed all three BB15 finalists, and I didn't watch BB16), so I can't even really remember if they reveal any sort of ~twists or not.

Vanessa was telling Steve and Liz last night that while she hasn't completely lied about herself, there are some things they definitely don't know that will probably get revealed today. That made me wonder if a) Vanessa just thinks her poker stuff is a bigger deal than it is, or b) the DR has asked her/clued her in about there being a segment about it in the finale. Or maybe Vanessa was just talking about them finding out post-finale.

I can't believe this long long looong season is finally coming to an end. This season has been leaps and bounds better than the last couple and it's been so much fun following and commenting on this discussion thread. Thanks to all the live feed watchers and all of you for some excellent discussions, and joining in of my hate for Austin. I love how the beginning of the last few episodes shows the Austin barefoot eviction, over and over again. It still gives me so much joy. Can't wait for next summer!

• Love 3

Last season they revealed the America's Team twist, but that was a legitimate twist. IIRC, she revealed it after the jury had voted but before she read the votes. I doubt we'll hear anything about Vanessa's poker career, but possibly. I would like to see Julie reveal the Jeff hinky votes just to see Austin's face but that ain't happening. 

I'm guessing it will be standard fare. Audrey might get a question just because of who she is, but I doubt we hear anything from the other pre-jurors. Then the winner and AFP will be revealed and that's that. They usually narrow it down to the top 3 for AFP but I wouldn't be surprised if it was just the top 2 this season because I can't even think who 3rd place would be. From what I've seen on social media, JMac and James got most of the votes for that. If they actually try to say Steve was top 3 then we know the whole thing is rigged.

Edited by Cutty

I would love it if Julie went down the long list of everything these HGs thought was a twist, or who had the hinky votes, and said "no. No. No. No". Although it would take her about half the show just to get through Vanessa's list.

My question is are they planning to have backyard interviews be shown on the live feeds tonight? They're generally about 70% boring, 30% interesting, but that 30% can sometimes be REALLY interesting.

• Love 2

This year it is Austin.  I want to see him humiliated.  This is just terrible!  I am a good person with strong spiritual underpinnings that tell me to allow others to be as they are.  Well, not Austin. ** harmuph**

Yeah - I dislike Austin's behavior...a lot.  I can't tell you how many posts I started here where I detailed everything I disliked about what Austin was doing and then I deleted them because I felt bad for saying it.  The bottom line, I decided, is that he needs to grow up.  Life isn't a fantasy love story and it's not okay to control a woman because she's your girlfriend.  Don't sideline all the people around Liz (admirers, friends, twin sister!) so you can have her all to yourself!!  Don't tell John he's the family dog and don't call Steve 'boy'.  I have no patience for a man who wants to break up with his girlfriend but waits until someone better comes along to do it, whether it's on television or not - but especially when it's on national television.

Harumph is right! 

:)

By the Way - Go Vanessa!!! :)

Edited by Vicky
  • Love 5

Didn't they also tell them Derrick was an undercover cop? I'm pretty sure they did. That makes me think they just might talk about Vanessa being a 'famous poker player.'

Yeah they did. I think it might be a Vanessa reveal and also possibly revealing that Johnny Mac was actually a Superfan.

• Love 1

Interesting interviews with Julie.  I wish someone would ask her to explain why they don't shorten the end of this game.  

I also wish they would allow time to keep the cameras rolling for awhile after the AFP is awarded.  It ends so suddenly.  I would like to see the press gathering in the backyard for about 30 minutes.  

• Love 1

My question is are they planning to have backyard interviews be shown on the live feeds tonight? They're generally about 70% boring, 30% interesting, but that 30% can sometimes be REALLY interesting.

Didn't CBS also have Jeff Schroeder doing a live webstream of the post-show BY activities last season?

Yeah, they're showing them on the livefeeds tonight at 11:30pm.

I don't even see how the SuperFan reveal would mean anything - "Hey, you know the guy who got evicted twice? Well, he has a big secret - he likes the show a lot!" "GASP!" 

Anyhow, as others have mentioned, thanks to everyone here for another fun season - the boards are always a lot more fun than the show itself. This is one of the only reality show that I watch (and the only reality competition show that I watch) because the feeds are a game-changer, as I'm fascinated in the spin and all of that, and this is just unvarnished game, which I love (for the most part - grrr, Derrick and Vanessa with the increasingly common "lie to the fans" strategy) and I love talking game with everyone here. 

I really don't mind any of the three winning. Vanessa winning would be a historic win, so I guess I'll root for her (as at least she would legitimately be one of the top four or so winners ever - more so than the "Derrick is the greatest!" spin last year). 

• Love 9

Didn't they also tell them Derrick was an undercover cop? I'm pretty sure they did. That makes me think they just might talk about Vanessa being a 'famous poker player.'

What would they do? They know she's a poker player - will they say how much she's won? Or show a magazine cover with her on it? Just saying she was a very successful poker player feels like not new news for the HGs.

I wish they'd reveal AFP and then do questions with all the HGs just to get some reactions. I know they wait to keep viewers watching, though.

I don't even see how the SuperFan reveal would mean anything - "Hey, you know the guy who got evicted twice? Well, he has a big secret - he likes the show a lot!" "GASP!"

Anyhow, as others have mentioned, thanks to everyone here for another fun season - the boards are always a lot more fun than the show itself. This is one of the only reality show that I watch (and the only reality competition show that I watch) because the feeds are a game-changer, as I'm fascinated in the spin and all of that, and this is just unvarnished game, which I love (for the most part - grrr, Derrick and Vanessa with the increasingly common "lie to the fans" strategy) and I love talking game with everyone here.

I really don't mind any of the three winning. Vanessa winning would be a historic win, so I guess I'll root for her (as at least she would legitimately be one of the top four or so winners ever - more so than the "Derrick is the greatest!" spin last year).

If I hear Derrick is the greatest again, I'm tattooing Team America to his head so I won't sound like a broken record.

Yeah, John as a a Superfan is very yawn. Only Steve would probably get a kick out of it, and I'll get enough of those two in the finale to last a lifetime.

Edited by mooses
  • Love 1

This is the one regret of not having the feeds this season.  I liked it even though it could be boring.  It brushed the real life element after the winners are chosen.  Game done.  Including it at the end of the finale might get more to subscribe next season.  I think it would be good to include.  But they never listen to me.  Really, they don't.  I am dead serious! 

Do you have a link for this.  Googling is only bringing up old interviews with Jeff.  

I heard it too. It was played on EW radio this morning on Sirius XM. She said her sister loves JMac, just like everyone, and she doesn't get it and sounded pretty resigned when they talked about the possibility of him being on All Stars. She was like, yeah, probably, because everyone loves him and I just don't get it and "I don't like it when he calls me 'girl'".

• Love 1

I have enjoyed your posts.  Probably because I tend to agree with everything you say!  Thank you for contributing to a good season.  Well, good on this board.  

Edited by wings707
  • Love 4

What would they do? They know she's a poker player - will they say how much she's won? Or show a magazine cover with her on it? Just saying she was a very successful poker player feels like not new news for the HGs.

I mean she never told them she was a successful professional poker player. She acted like she played poker as a hobby, so just saying she's a professional poker player will be news to them. And to say she's won something like 4 million from it and is one of the top female players ever is a big reveal. I can't see them not revealing it if only because they have nothing else to reveal.

• Love 5

I doubt they will mention Vanessa's wealth.  They will find out soon enough.  No need to do that.  There are no revelations this season.   Can you imagine the fireworks if she wins and that is announced?  I would love to see that.  

Edited by wings707

Well, they have to reveal how JMac and Clay are both brothers AND gay lovers. So that takes precedence, I imagine. 

"Clay and JMac are brothers AND gay lovers! AND JMac is a super fan!" 

"Wait, wait, are you serious right now? He's a SUPER FAN?!"

• Love 8

Well, they have to reveal how JMac and Clay are both brothers AND gay lovers. So that takes precedence, I imagine. 

"Clay and JMac are brothers AND gay lovers! AND JMac is a super fan!" 

"Wait, wait, are you serious right now? He's a SUPER FAN?!"

Ah, yes.  The twist that created the applause.  Of course they have to say something!  

I just don't understand why they wouldn't reveal it. They revealed Derrick's real job. And there's really nothing else that's interesting for them to reveal, so why wouldn't they reveal that?

Yeah, like I said above, the last finale I watched was BB14, so I couldn't remember if they ever do reveals like that. But if they do, Vanessa would definitely be the one they'd do it for. I think being a top 5 of all time world-wide female poker player is a pretty big deal. Pre-show, she was worried about anyone recognizing her, so a reveal in the finale would make sense to me, if they have time for it.

My favorite theory of the season was Vanessa and Clelli thinking Audrey was psychic. Clay's "that's no fair that they put a psychic in here" is probably the best quote of the season.

Edited by Cutty
  • Love 10

Yeah, like I said above, the last finale I watched was BB14, so I couldn't remember if they ever do reveals like that. But if they do, Vanessa would definitely be the one they'd do it for. I think being a top 5 of all time world-wide female poker player is a pretty big deal. Pre-show, she was worried about anyone recognizing her, so a reveal in the finale would make sense to me, if they have time for it.

Ah, I didn't realize she had a ranking. That's be something to tell the HGs instead of her net worth.

• Love 1

This is the one regret of not having the feeds this season.  I liked it even though it could be boring.  It brushed the real life element after the winners are chosen.  Game done.  Including it at the end of the finale might get more to subscribe next season.  I think it would be good to include.  But they never listen to me.  Really, they don't.  I am dead serious! 

But wasn't there a free webcast as well?  Because I don't get the feeds, and I definitely remember watching the BY antics last season.  Particularly Devin standing around getting irritated because nobody was rushing to interview him....  :)

• Love 1

But wasn't there a free webcast as well?  Because I don't get the feeds, and I definitely remember watching the BY antics last season.  Particularly Devin standing around getting irritated because nobody was rushing to interview him....  :)

Not sure, but this is what's on the LF screen right now. I'd guess the LFs is the only place streaming live, other interviews might be posted later. 

DryJgtH.png

Oh this perks me up thinking that maybe.  It would be so cool, so fucking cool.  

I hope you are right.   I usually get the feeds so I am not familiar.  

• Love 1

Life has kept me away from this thread a lot this summer, but it was always great when I had the time to go back and read pages of what had been going on, and all of your wit.  I'm pleased with a Steve win, but would have been ok with any of them winning, even Vanessa though I disliked her.  And really, by dislike I mean I find her really annoying and never want to see her again, but have no real ill will towards her.  I like having a houseful of relatively decent people.  And no Frankie!

• Love 2

I sure wish I had the ambition to go back and find my post from the beginning of the season where I said I loved Steve and wanted him to win the whole thing, and someone responded that it was never going to happen because his social standing with the HGs was awful. Hahahahahah!

• Love 9

(apparently, I suck at posting on my laptop opposed to my usual desktop computer)

At the start of the thread, I was singing Austin's praises because I thought he was eye-candy. In my defense, this was pre-Liz and before we found out that he didn't use soap or shampoo in the shower. I may have praised his game, too. I'm too embarassed to go back and look, to be honest.

Edited by Callaphera

I said about the first week or two that Meg was really smart, and had a good handle of what was going on in the house. So....

I'm pissed, even though Jeff is just interviewing the early boots right now, the feed keeps freezing on me. This is very annoying!

• Love 1