Type keyword(s) to search

Season 17 Live Feed Discussion: Watch People Sleep All Day!

• Start Topic

I don't think Austwins is as solid as it gets.  I think a smart player would target Liz.  If Liz is the next HG evicted then Austin and Julia will cease to care about keeping each other safe.  However, that will probably strengthen Vanessa's attachment to both.  If Vanessa's game plan is to ride with these people and at some point jettison Liz then she's got it made.

• Love 2

At this point Johnny Mac seems so much more reliable than Steve.

I think she wants to keep him over Steve, but it's that she would be showing her hand to the Austwins: and I think she wants to stick with the left overs, basically she has more overall trust with F&G regardless of their plot to cut her loose for the last couple of weeks, than she does with James/Meg/Johnny Mac. If any of them think they can hide they are wrong the Austwins learned that lesson this week. There are only 8 people left, everybody is a target now, they're running out of bloodless options.

• Love 2

However, that will probably strengthen Vanessa's attachment to both.  If Vanessa's game plan is to ride with these people and at some point jettison Liz then she's got it made.

Yeah, I think if Liz goes, that solidifies Austin/Vanessa and Julia/Vanessa for sure. Austin and Vanessa were close before he really started crushing hardcore on Liz. And Julia has always kind of bonded with Vanessa a little more than Liz has. If Vanessa can somehow maneuver getting Liz evicted this week or next week, without being the one to do it, she's in a pretty good spot. She'd have to win a few comps, but her odds go up if/when Liz goes to jury IMO.

Edited by Ceeg
  • Love 1

Agree that Liz going is the best way to crack the trio, however I don't know who will make that move. Will the Gremlins or the return juror have Vanessa goggles on and waste an HOH on needlessly targeting her? Would Steve make that move to put up the Austwins? I feel that this next HOH is going to either make or break things.

At this point Johnny Mac seems so much more reliable than Steve.  

Probably - but Steve is infinitely more malleable - no huevos. Lady MacV can cow him into submission, then mold him like potter's clay to do whatever she wants. Whereas , under all the hair, JMac actually has a backbone.

• Love 6

So are we getting Fish because their doing the play in, or are they doing the play in AND HoH live?

Last year they did the buyback comp live and then did the HoH later that night. The year before that it was a combined buyback/HoH endurance comp that aired on the feeds.

Agree that Liz going is the best way to crack the trio, however I don't know who will make that move. Will the Gremlins or the return juror have Vanessa goggles on and waste an HOH on needlessly targeting her? Would Steve make that move to put up the Austwins? I feel that this next HOH is going to either make or break things.

That's why it makes more sense for Vanessa to keep John, who has professed his intention to go after the Austwins. There's no way in hell that Steve will do that. Flipping the vote would also be a way for her to build trust with the non-Austwins, who would be the majority competing in HOH tonight. By siding with the Austwins, she remains a very viable boot option next week if she or the Austwins don't win HOH.

Edited by TheRealT
  • Love 3

Last year they did the buyback comp live and then did the HoH later that night. The year before that it was a combined buyback/HoH endurance comp that aired on the feeds.

Yeah I just feel like they have a LOT to do tonight: live eviction, buy back, HoH plus all of the taped set up packages. If they push yet another HoH to the feeds I think the tv only viewers are gonna flip, so it must be a combo.

I think the buyback probably hurt John's chances with Vanessa. If Vanessa votes out John she can tell him ahead of time and easily explain it to him much like she did when she didn't use the veto "I want to do it but it would hurt my game". That way John goes out with no hard feelings and if he comes back he'll want to work with her. Vanessa would probsbly have to blindside Steve and he would possibly be angry at her and not want to work with her if he came back.

• Love 1

Meg is talking to Austin about it now with James watching. Before this, James was like, "Do what you want. I will support you." 

Austin said, "We chose you guys Final 5. We're just letting them tell us whatever they want. But we like you guys the best." 

At this point, Meg should call a House Meeting. She gave Austin too much time to stew about how he'd explain everything. They seem like they're buying it, and mentioned it seems fishy that John only came to them this morning. 

Edited by mooses
  • Love 1

Meg: I just wanted to make sure you guys have our backs.

Austin: Oh yeah definitely.

[also in conversation]
Austin: Vanessa is back with us 100%

Do these people not realize that the numbers are at a point where no one can possibly have your back, if they have alliances with everyone?? 

• Love 4

I hope Steve wins HOH and puts up Meg and James, just because that's exactly what they deserve.

I'm honestly a little embarrassed for Meg.

Edited by Ceeg
  • Love 4

Meg just approached Steve and wanted to make sure that he has no plan on getting rid of James or Meg next week. MEG WTF ARE YOU DOING? Who do you actually think he's going to put up? There are literally 7 options, and Steve is aligned with at least 4 of them. Jesus Christ, I can't.

• Love 9

Meg tells Steve that they were for a second worried but don't believe anything they heard. 

Maybe I'm not giving Meg enough credit. Does she see how hard it will be to keep John and cutting their losses, trying to smooth things over?

I think she's just being stupid. I hope not. But it's Meg Strategy.

ETA: And now Steve is trying to milk them for information. And Meg just gives it out like it grows on trees!

Edited by mooses
  • Love 1

Did Austin just say that if Johnny Mac comes back in and tries hard to win HoH, Austin will be up there too trying to win? That must be wrong.

An extension of Austin's Domination Ceremony , maybe...? ;)

Ha! James' pitch to Steve:

"Just keep in mind we've always been, uh, cordial with you." 

Meg's conclusion after their talk with Steve: "I feel good with him." 

MEG! 

Edited by mooses
  • Love 5

Meg tells Steve that they were for a second worried but don't believe anything they heard.

Maybe I'm not giving Meg enough credit. Does she see how hard it will be to keep John and cutting their losses, trying to smooth things over?

I think she's just being stupid. I hope not. But it's Meg Strategy.

ETA: And now Steve is trying to milk them for information. And Meg just gives it out like it grows on trees!

She's just that stupid. It's embarrassing really.

Guys I think all we can hope for now is the Ants gaining power and overthrowing the house. I would cheer if that happens!

• Love 5

After the conversation, James tells Meg he thinks Steve was at least partially lying. Meg's like Nah I'm good with him. MEG JUST GO AWAY. I don't know that I've been this frustrated with a HG in a long time. 

• Love 3

How is ANYONE aligning with a group of 3 at this point? How is ANYONE aligning with TWIN SISTERS?

It's INSANITY. To be fair it seems like they didn't believe Steve, and ipso facto are still suspicious of Austwins.

ETA: I though Meg agreed with James? Maybe not, GAWDUH.

Edited by blixie

Can James just cut Meg loose and go rogue?

James just asked Steve how soon the twins were cut the last time there were twins on BB. I hope his brain is starting to piece things together, despite Meg's influence.

• Love 2

How is ANYONE aligning with a group of 3 at this point? How is ANYONE aligning with TWIN SISTERS?

What the hell is wrong with the houseguests?

Some (most?) are recruits.

The others? I don't know WHAT the hell their excuse is.

If James wins this HOH and doesn't put up two of the Austwins, I might be done with the feeds for a while. I'm afraid Meg might influence his decision a lot, and the Austwins will throw Vanessa and Steve UTB. It's not even that I hate the Austwins that much, but I just can't watch the stupidity of keeping a solid, virtually unbreakable threesome going into the Final 7.

• Love 3

It's not even that I hate the Austwins that much, but I just can't watch the stupidity of keeping a solid, virtually unbreakable threesome going into the Final 7.

It's really hard for me because I actually like the twins but I need them broken up, but I also just really hate Vanessa and I really want to see her evicted.

• Love 2

Van listens to Austin relating Me/James coming to him in a panic, and he reiterated "they" are with "them". Van waits a beat and looks at him like, "you asshole", and than gives him a "sure/yeah". Heh.

• Love 1

Well, Meg tried playing the game for about five minutes, but it was too hard so she decided to get back to summer camp.  But I see the wheels turning in James' head.  I wouldn't mind him winning HOH at this point. 

Ceeg, I just wanted to let you know that your picture always starts getting to me around 3pm my time - I'm starting to get hungry, and just want a Reese's cup, damn it!!

• Love 7

If James wins this HOH and doesn't put up two of the Austwins, I might be done with the feeds for a while. I'm afraid Meg might influence his decision a lot, and the Austwins will throw Vanessa and Steve UTB. It's not even that I hate the Austwins that much, but I just can't watch the stupidity of keeping a solid, virtually unbreakable threesome going into the Final 7.

I think that Meg is feeling relieved right now, and everything game related has left her brain except for her strategy in the next pot ball game, but James is going to be thinking about this going into the HOH. He doesn't seem to happy.

• Love 2

Ceeg, I just wanted to let you know that your picture always starts getting to me around 3pm my time - I'm starting to get hungry, and just want a Reese's cup, damn it!!

LOL I stopped noticing but thanks for reminding me. Maybe it's time for a snack break. These HGs stress me out anyway, so the only way to deal with them is alcohol and chocolate.

I think that Meg is feeling relieved right now, and everything game related has left her brain except for her strategy in the next pot ball game, but James is going to be thinking about this going into the HOH. He doesn't seem to happy.

Best case scenario would be that it's one big HOH comp (including jurors), John wins the Buyback by lasting the longest, and either he or James win HOH. If James wins HOH and John is back in the house, I think John could help influence James' decision. Jackie would be pushing her Vanessa agenda IMO, Shelli is a wildcard, and Becky would probably want to target the Austwins but who knows how much Jackie has influenced her.

John seems like he's in the zone, so he definitely has the best chance at winning endurance. Jackie and Shelli have been away for 2 weeks, so I don't know that they'd have the same fire that John has. Becky could be hindered by her toe, and I guess it just depends on what sort of "athletic" comp it is.

James' gears have been turning since this morning, and I think he 100% wants to win because he's not sure who to trust. A James or John HOH are the only interesting options right now IMO. Although I'm certain it will be two days of nonstop throwing Vanessa UTB, and Vanessa scrambling and overplaying and talking herself up on the block.

Most of the HGs seem to think it will be one big combined endurance comp, like BB15. Imma call shenanigans on so many endurance comps in such a short period of time, though. I think TPTB really want both James and John to stay in the house, and having an endurance comp almost completely ensures that happens.

John just told Vanessa that Steve told him about the alliance of 5. Earlier, Vanessa said to Steve that at least John didn't know about the alliance of 5.

Vanessa said, "That never existed." That they were working together but never an official agreement or group name. 

Uh oh.

• Love 1

LOL John has ceased giving any fucks

John: I hate Potball. I hate it. Everyone's like "Potball! Potball!" Shut the fuck up.

I hope he's the one comes back.

• Love 12

Ok, so Vanessa has wanted out Steve since before the veto, yes? So why the fuck would Meg/James think they wouldn't have the votes to keep John? I like Steve, I do. But I've accepted him being the one to go, because it's the best for the game if he does. I would like Steve to stay because I enjoy watching him, but if John stays, and Becky comes back, they'll all be against the Austwins finally (except for damn Meg). They might target Vanessa, but I would hope Vanessa would win veto in that scenario and have Austin/Liz put up and sent packing. That's ideal, and Steve wouldn't do anything like that. It sucks, but I really want Steve to go now.

Tonight, I need for James to win HOH, or the returned juror, because if I have a Liz HOH win or a Vanessa HOH win, I'll pull my hair out. I don't even know WHAT Julia would do, and I do not need to see a Meg win because she's dumb and might actually put up the returned juror, or Steve/John. James is the only one that has a semblance of a brain to target the Austwins and I think he'd do it. He did it with Clay/Shelli, so if he puts up Austin/Julia or Austin/Liz and one of the twins wins veto to take her sister off, Austin goes to jury and I need to see that happening.

So basically, I need a rigged HOH competition, or have HOH automatically assigned to the returned juror (but it sounds like that isn't an option, so boo you show). 

• Love 4

John told Vanessa that he thinks Meg and James don't have anything going on with the Austwins (Oh, John). Vanessa told John that Meg and James squealed on him to Austin as soon as they could.

Well, at the very least, John has ramped up the gameplay for everyone. Except Meg, who got tired after 5 minutes of thinking.

• Love 6

Errybody is telling errybody everythang. Vanessa just told Steve, Austin, and Liz all about her conversations with John. I can't decide if she hopes John wins or not. He says he's going after the Austwins, but he's not going to be happy when/if he finds out she's been telling the Austwins everything he says.

I think Vanessa knows she's screwed right now. Meg/James have proved they can't be on her side because they ran right to the Austwins after John tried to flip the votes. She knows that Steve is lying to her and she can't completely trust him and I think she knows that the Austwins are playing all sides of the house. So the only thing she can do right now is appear like she is completely loyal to them. Spilling on John is not going to hurt her because everyone has already told the Austwins all. If Vanessa withholds anything they will get suspicious. I think Vanessa is banking on a return juror being willing to be on her side. I think the wheels are turning in James head so maybe he will start to buy a clue before it's too late for him. Meg is like a handicap to him, even if she won HOH.

• Love 3

Vanessa's got a little bit of a Becky game going on, and it will probably come back to bite her eventually - but I think she's hoping she'll be in a better position by then. She doesn't exactly have a choice anyway. She knows Meg and James are tight and will tell the Austwins everything, so she has to also - or else she might get caught withholding information. And John is desperate right now and could use anything she says to try and flip on her, so she can't give too much away.

I think she's just hoping that after this HOH competition, the two sides will be so focused on each other that she can be the mediator in the middle.

BTW an endurance competition tonight.

Edited by mooses

Yeah I don't like the game Vanessa is playing right now, but it's kind of her only option. I don't think she'll ever be able to trust John, James, or Meg. And not snitching before almost got her evicted by her allies.

If it's endurance, James has it.