Type keyword(s) to search

Speculation WITHOUT Spoilers: Lalalalala! I can't hear you!

• Start Topic

7 minutes ago, profdanglais said:

Can't our intrepid heroes have just a moment to catch their breath before the next world-ending disaster strikes? 

"That sounds boring, let's introduce another villain flashback instead!" — Adam & Eddy, probably.

• Love 1
(edited)
Just now, Rumsy4 said:

So, the S6 opener is going to feature Hyde, a legion of new charatcers with incomplete stories, the god of Dreams, and EQ!Regina. Alright then.

Makes about as much sense as the S5 finale... yep, we're definitely in crazy town.

Sigh, I was hoping for a time jump. Can't our intrepid heroes have just a moment to catch their breath before the next world-ending disaster strikes? 

I didn't really expect a time jump considering the urgent matters at hand. That being said, I hope we get more of them in the future.

Edited by KingOfHearts
1 hour ago, KingOfHearts said:

I didn't really expect a time jump considering the urgent matters at hand.

Yeah, a time jump really wouldn't have worked here -- all these new people in town, and either they wouldn't have noticed for weeks/months or we wouldn't have seen them learning about it. Plus, the Evil Queen taking her sweet time coming to town.

I still think we should have had a time jump within the season 5 premiere, but that's a topic for another thread.

Ugh, these writers never learn. I hope this new characters are going to be there for one episode, like Hercules and Megara, and not longer. But I'm not holding my breath.

1 hour ago, Rumsy4 said:

Is it too early to start the call for CS True Love's Kiss so I can extend the period of anticipation before the inevitable disappointment happens? ;-) 

With this show, it's never too early for disappointment.

1 hour ago, Hookian said:

I think it's pretyt much established they're living together.

No, it's not.

Hook and Emma going to live together would be the "amazing" development for season 7 finale, maybe season 8. This season? Emma calling Hook her boyfriend in front of people would be all the development they would get.

• Love 1
56 minutes ago, RadioGirl27 said:

Hook and Emma going to live together would be the "amazing" development for season 7 finale, maybe season 8. This season? Emma calling Hook her boyfriend in front of people would be all the development they would get.

To be fair, Killian now knows the story behind the house, how it was his idea and that Emma's finally committed to having a future with him. Also the fact, you know, Emma went to the Underworld to get him back. It would be a huge retcon to keep him living alone on the Jolly.

11 minutes ago, ABitOFluff said:

To be fair, Killian now knows the story behind the house, how it was his idea and that Emma's finally committed to having a future with him. Also the fact, you know, Emma went to the Underworld to get him back. It would be a huge retcon to keep him living alone on the Jolly.

I'm sure they could come up with something. They're always contriving reasons to keep them just far enough apart that they aren't 100 percent okay. His PTSD from being nearly killed, being the Dark One, being killed, and being tortured in the Underworld could kick in, so he lives on the Jolly Roger because he doesn't want Emma to know that he keeps waking up from horrible nightmares, only she doesn't know that's why he's distancing himself. It would be a switch for him to be the one putting up walls and backing away. Then again, I don't expect them to follow up on the things that happened and let the characters react like actual people. We just probably won't ever have any confirmation about where he's living. We managed to get through 2 1/2 seasons without knowing for certain where he lived -- at Granny's? On his ship once he got it back? Somewhere else? -- so that could continue indefinitely if we never get a scene of him being definitively at "home." We may never know for certain if he's just visiting in Emma's living room and kitchen or if he actually lives there.

4 minutes ago, Shanna Marie said:

We just probably won't ever have any confirmation about where he's living. ...We may never know for certain if he's just visiting in Emma's living room and kitchen or if he actually lives there.

This is what I'm afraid of. Shooting in Emma's house requires commitment to rebuild the set/get permission to film the outside of the house in Stevenson. The writers may just decide not to bother with the complications. Besides, if the time-frame is incredible compressed, as has been the past 4 seasons, the whole of season 6 may end up taking place in the span of one week. Personally, it would be extremely bizarre if Killian and Emma spend nights apart after what happened. But, it's TSTW

I would love it if Killian moves in, and we get to see living-together shenanigans. I can imagine Killian being much more of a sticker about washing dishes and going nuts when he discovers how to use a vacuum cleaner. Whereas Emma would be more laid-back about letting dishes sit in the sink for a couple of days, and cheats by using magic to clean up sometimes. That's the sort of domestic conflict that would be cute to explore. But A&E are allergic to writing such things, and we will have to inevitably rely on fanfic. 

• Love 2
27 minutes ago, ABitOFluff said:

And he knows that Emma loves him and yet her 5th ILY was presented as an amazing development. I would be surprised if we get any reference as to where he is living. This mundane things, like living arrangement or jobs, are boring to the writers. 

• Love 1

They don't need to show the set, they can just throw a line in there about them needing to pick up something for the house, or whatever.

I find it so hard to understand why it's easy for everyone to believe that OQ might have lived together, that RB were shacking up way before they got married, but with CS, it has to be on screen to be believed. I get that the storytelling has been different for them, but still...

(edited)
17 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

I find it so hard to understand why it's easy for everyone to believe that OQ might have lived together, that RB were shacking up way before they got married, but with CS, it has to be on screen to be believed. I get that the storytelling has been different for them, but still...

Because they've shown or hinted at such things with OQ or Rumbelle. But not with CS. For the record, I think there have been hints that CS have done the deed. I'm not disputing that. Not as blatant as OQ crypt-sex/breakfast conversations or Belle fixing Rumple's tie in 3A. But CS interactions have been tinged with the sort of casual intimacy that comes from being physically intimate since 4B. 

However, the writers seem to be taking the CS relationship milestones very slowly. The S5 finale CS kiss was very anti-climactic to me. That was the time to revive the moving-in conversation. Something like, "I can't wait until we get home and begin our future" would have been sufficient. But the writers chose to ignore that. And now, we find that S6 is going to pick up right where we left off. So, it is literally impossible for CS to have moved-in together in that time-frame. I'm sure Team Hero will be caught up with solving the new crises, and there won't be any time to deal with living situations. Unles there is at least one on-screen conversation stating that Killian and Emma are living together, I'm not going to assume it. This merits more than an off-screenville headcanon, given how important a plot point it was in 5A.

Edited by Rumsy4
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

I find it so hard to understand why it's easy for everyone to believe that OQ might have lived together, that RB were shacking up way before they got married, but with CS, it has to be on screen to be believed.

I actually don't know that Robin and Regina have lived together because they didn't really have time -- they were sneaking around, then he left town, then he was barely back in town before they headed off to Camelot. Maybe he moved in with her during the time they were back from Camelot before heading to the Underworld, but we don't know. It was pretty clear that Belle was living with Rumple from early on -- that scene in which she woke up alone in a bed in his house, on one side of the bed, and she glanced to the other side where there was a dent in the pillow (and we now know he doesn't sleep, so he wasn't in that bed for sleeping) then got up and went looking for him. 

As for the living situation with Emma and Hook, since they made a big plot point out of that house, maybe they'll make it clear that they've moved in, but since we still don't know where Hook has been living all this time, with absolutely no scenes of him at home and no scenes of Emma and Hook in any kind of privacy (we only see them in public places, at the office, and at her parents' home), I could imagine them skimming past it even with the house, so we only see him at her house when others are present and the sleeping arrangements are kept vague, and meanwhile we never see him living anywhere else.

• Love 1
18 hours ago, Rumsy4 said:

As Ausiello has confirmed it, I feel that the casting news is legit at this point. 

Yeah, but Ausiello was trolled last year too and reported the casting for "Rumple's mom" that was actually Merida, didn't he?

(edited)

But what would be the point this time? Last time, they wanted to keep the fact that they were casting a Scottish person coz Merida a secret. 

Edited by Rumsy4
  • Love 1
(edited)

So it sounds like EQ is not gonna be going after Regina for revenge. It sounds like EQ is gonna teach her what taking away happy endings looks like which is silly cause how wouldn't Regina know that?

On the plus side she would definitely be going after Emma and Hook which means meaty material for CS next season so I'm all for it.

Edited by Hookian
4 hours ago, Rumsy4 said:

Last time, they wnter to keep the fact that they were casting a Scottish person coz Merida a secret. 

Didn't they also sort of hide the casting of Jekyll and Hyde, referring to them as "brothers" and describing their relationship as brothers? (And maybe called them kings? I don't recall precisely). They have a history of hiding characters' identities during casting announcements and saving the revelation of who the characters are for later. I think they announced Merida at ComiCon, but I don't recall them mentioning Jekyll and Hyde by name until that was revealed in the episode. Even in the news release, they called them something like "the gardener" and "the warden." So you can't really say for certain that the characters described in casting are what we'll actually see on the screen if they're trying to hide the story they're going to be using.

I guess I was making a difference between Ausiello, who is generally a legit spoiler source, as compared to casting calls, which I agree are usually deliberately misinformative. The Rumple's mom spoiler was posted by Matt, who does get good OUAT scoop, but he's not on the same level as Ausiello. 

I could see the writers bringing in Aladdin, Jasmine, and the genie. Which would likely be much more popular with the general audience than Sheherazade or Morpheus. We already have a genie in Sidney Glass, and Jafar is somewhere in a bottle. Who knows... 

Sadly, I'm going to assume Sinbad, Scheherazade, and Morpheus are codenames for Aladdin, Jasmine, and the Genie because this show is allergic to having too many POC, so we can't have all of them.

(edited)
33 minutes ago, Curio said:

Sadly, I'm going to assume Sinbad, Scheherazade, and Morpheus are codenames for Aladdin, Jasmine, and the Genie because this show is allergic to having too many POC, so we can't have all of them.

I don't get this. Aladdin, Jasmine are middle-eastern. No? And the Genie and Morpheus can be any race. 

Edited by Rumsy4
  • Love 1

I'm going to assume that at least Scheherazade and Morpheus are codenames that the casting people came up with because these writers seem to have a very cursory and superficial knowledge of fairy tales, mythology, and folklore, and since there hasn't been a relatively recent big-screen movie or Disney treatment of them, I can't imagine these writers would have heard of them. Scheherazade would be appropriate if they're dealing with the concept of untold stories or to get into the mythology of the Author, as she's one of the great storytellers of legend, but I'm afraid they'd just skim the surface if they did use her and she'd be namedropped rather than her story really being used. It would just be a name for a vaguely exotic chick we see once.

If they are casting the Genie, they really need to get the guy playing the role on Broadway. In the clips I've seen of him from stuff like the cast sing-off against the cast of The Lion King in the airport, he's rather amazing, and he puts his own spin on it rather than trying to be Robin Williams.

11 minutes ago, Rumsy4 said:

I don't get this. Aladdin, Jasmine are middle-eastern. No? And the Genie and Morpheus can be any race. 

Sorry, that sentence was worded poorly. I meant that the writers have the opportunity to introduce Sinbad, Scheherazade, Jasmine, and Aladdin (four middle-eastern characters), but the show will probably combine Sinbad/Aladdin and Scheherazade/Jasmine into the same characters, so we'd only end up seeing two middle-eastern characters instead of potentially four.

22 minutes ago, Curio said:

Sorry, that sentence was worded poorly. I meant that the writers have the opportunity to introduce Sinbad, Scheherazade, Jasmine, and Aladdin (four middle-eastern characters), but the show will probably combine Sinbad/Aladdin and Scheherazade/Jasmine into the same characters, so we'd only end up seeing two middle-eastern characters instead of potentially four.

That makes sense. Yeah--no way we're getting all of them. If it really is Alladin and Jasmine, I hope the writers will bring back Jafar, because that would be interesting. 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Rumsy4 said:

If it really is Alladin and Jasmine, I hope the writers will bring back Jafar, because that would be interesting. 

A Rumple/Jafar villainous team-up is my ultimate dream for this show.

• Love 3

It actually being Morpheus would make sense, given all the dream/sleeping curse references in 5B: Emma's multiple dreams, Belle in the sleeping curse, Emma's line about sleeping for weeks when they get out of the UW, the sleeping curse reference from Regina in the finale. I'm a little intrigued, but also fearful because God knows what crazy, baity stuff they could have the characters do in dreams.

I was thinking, if the show were to ever let Emma find out that Regina murdered Graham, a dream would be one way to do it. Since they probably can't get/afford Jamie Dornan anymore, they could use Emma having a dream of Regina murdering Hook the same way she murdered Graham, and that making her finally realize what happened. 

I've always wanted everyone to find out the truth about Graham, but now I'm afraid they'll just have Emma and everybody brush it off like it's nothing and Regina won't face any repercussions for it (as usual). It should really color how everybody reacts to her, at least for a few episodes. But then Emma watching her burn her mother alive had no lasting effect on Emma's interaction with Regina (when it should have really bothered her), so I can't see that happening unfortunately.

3 minutes ago, Souris said:

I was thinking, if the show were to ever let Emma find out that Regina murdered Graham, a dream would be one way to do it. Since they probably can't get/afford Jamie Dornan anymore, they could use Emma having a dream of Regina murdering Hook the same way she murdered Graham, and that making her finally realize what happened. 

This Evil Queen arc might be the last time we'll have an organic reason for Emma finding out about Graham. If the Evil Queen sets out to destroy happy endings, part of that would include destroying Regina's happy ending, which means getting all of her friends and family to turn away from her. And telling Emma about Graham seems to be the easiest way for Emma to split away from that "friendship." It's what Zelena should have done in Season 4 when she was disguised as Marian, so hopefully they'll finally address it this season.

I can imagine a scene where the Evil Queen is about to crush Hook's heart, and then she puts salt in the wound and says, "Oh, you should be used to me crushing your boyfriends' hearts by now. Remember Graham? But I can't take credit for that, actually...that was Regina."

Ugh, I'm really going to despise talking about Regina as if she's two separate characters. I refuse to do it, Adam & Eddy! From here on out, I'm going to keep calling Regina by her real name—Regina—because she didn't suddenly have a different name when she was the Evil Queen. If it muddles up the conversation, oh well. That's the show's fault for trying to peddle this character as two separate beings when she's not. 

• Love 4
(edited)

Time to play Fill in the Scene.

Regina: "Hyde is in Storybrooke."
Emma: "Another villain already? Really?"
Charming: "I'll put what's left of the dwarves on monster patrol."
Hook: "I'll scout the seaside on the Jolly Roger."
Emma: "Right. We need to do some research. Now, Belle... oh wait, I forgot. How can we do this without her?! Who's going to get information on Hyde?!"
Snow (with her hand on Regina's shoulder): "We've got this."

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 4

Staying positif about season 6 

there too much already going on  with all the new character ( Morpheus, Shereazade, Sinbad, Hydes … ) Rumple on his own, Sheriff Swan and teacher Snow, CS new intimacy for just being about Regina solely. Yes, I know Sinbad and co. Could be a fake out ( Aladin...) that fine too. 

In fact, EQ wanting to show Regina how destroy the happy ending is cool with me. I prefer the EQ anyway!  She will be antogonist to Snowing and CS happyness. They will rally together against her.

Nothing really new there. We knew the EQ was doing something exactly like that. I am happy we have no real idea about Emma’s storyline or CS. They keep the suprise on that front and I appreciate it.

My real issue is it still could hurt Emma'sjourney as savior if season 6 is the final season. And the overall arc of season 6 is just about Regina integrate her shadow.

• Love 1

Got fairly tired of this back in the Angel/Angelus days. Even with a soul, the demon was always with him, always looking for an out, or some way to cause trouble, keeping Angel miserable.

• Love 1

I think "The Savior" in 6.1 is Hyde. To the friends he brought over from Untold Stories World (and I still chuckle at that moment in the finale when he waves around like he's got a huge group with him only to show an empty street), he would be seen as a savior, as I assume the ones who came with him wanted to leave that world.   

• Love 1

The Land of Untold Stories will provide a new avenue into the characters we’ve come to know and love over the last five seasons. “The intent is that these new characters and new stories are really a reflection on what’s going on inside of our characters,” says EP Adam Horowitz. “With Lana and the Evil Queen, that’s the starkest example, which we’ve already teased. We’re literally going inside her and pulling her apart. There are elements of that that we’re planning to do for each and everyone of the characters.” 

We'll have flashbacks to a bunch of unknown new charatcers, whose arcs will be tenuously linked to one or other of the main characters. Except for Regina who gets the full Jekyll/Hyde treatment. Because she is special and we get twice the dose. 

• Love 1

Except all piecemeal... so probably like 4B.  Actually, even more piecemeal since at least there were the 3 Queens of Darkness together as a unit.  4A was really focused on the Elsa/Anna and their mother.

Unless they plan to tell the story of how they all ended up in the Land of Untold Stories... actually, that might be a better way to go since there would be some cohesion.

2 minutes ago, KingOfHearts said:

No thanks. I don't really want to literally going inside Regina.

Heh. "We’re literally going inside her and pulling her apart." I demand to see Regina's intestines on the ground.

anigif_original-grid-image-12061-1407513

• Love 4
50 minutes ago, Camera One said:

I really don't see what there is to explore inside.

You mean that hasn't already been explored a multitude of times through flashbacks.

As long as they remember that they're writing a somewhat new Regina, which I'm thinking they won't since she already retained both magic, and snark...

The more they talk about Regina and the EQ, the more turned off I feel.

• Love 3
57 minutes ago, Curio said:

"We’re literally going inside her and pulling her apart." I demand to see Regina's intestines on the ground.

Hee, my first thought was Hook's, "Whoa, mate!" when Robin offered to show him a picture up inside Zelena. (the sonogram)

• Love 5
2 hours ago, KingOfHearts said:

No thanks. I don't really want to literally going inside Regina.

Reminds me of Robin's quote about the sonogram being a picture of "up inside Zelena."  My reaction is the same as Hook's..."Whoa, mate!"

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, RadioGirl27 said:

Right now there is nothing about next season that sounds interesting.

Literally the only things getting me to tune in next season is the potential for Emma, Hook, and David teaming up and doing sheriff stuff together, Snow possibly being badass again (if they remember her...), and the introduction of Sinbad & Co. Everything else will get massive eye rolls.

• Love 1

The Land of Untold Stories will provide a new avenue into the characters we’ve come to know and love over the last five seasons. “The intent is that these new characters and new stories are really a reflection on what’s going on inside of our characters,” says EP Adam Horowitz. “With Lana and the Evil Queen, that’s the starkest example, which we’ve already teased. We’re literally going inside her and pulling her apart. There are elements of that that we’re planning to do for each and everyone of the characters.”

I really don't see how this is anything new.  Hasn't many of the random guest characters provided "a new avenue into the characters", or been "a reflection on what's going on inside of our characters"?  I'm thinking of an episode like "The Tower".  Did Rapunzel give us a reflection of what was going on inside of Charming?  They were both scared of something.  Wasn't that deep or what?   

• Love 3
(edited)
57 minutes ago, OnceUponAJen said:

Reminds me of Robin's quote about the sonogram being a picture of "up inside Zelena."  My reaction is the same as Hook's..."Whoa, mate!"

Coming from A&E, "Whoa, mate!" indeed.

Yeah, me too. Right now there is nothing about next season that sounds interesting.

A&E are at the stage where they don't really want to share anything. The promise to "explore the characters" relative to whatever happened in the finale is nothing new. There's such a lack of accurate information that it's no surprise we're talking about in the Speculation thread.

Edited by KingOfHearts
(edited)
2 hours ago, KingOfHearts said:

A&E are at the stage where they don't really want to share anything. The promise to "explore the characters" relative to whatever happened in the finale is nothing new. 

They're making things up as they go along. A&E had a "masterplan" for 5 seasons. When they realized they were getting renewed for S6, they started coming up with Jekyll/Hyde and the untold stories stuff. They can't talk much about it becasue there's nothing novel or unique about their plan for S6. It's a rehash of different elements from previous seasons. 

2 hours ago, Camera One said:

Did Rapunzel give us a reflection of what was going on inside of Charming?  They were both scared of something.  Wasn't that deep or what?   

Lol. Yup. But seriously, this is the sort of tenuous connection I expect we'll be seeing between the new charatcers and the main cast.

29 minutes ago, Camera One said:

So will Henry start the season disappointed he didn't complete Operation Firebird?  Or will that never be mentioned again?

He left a book down there. The fact that Operation Firebird did nothing to help defeat Hades is irrelevant as long as it fed into Henry's hero complex.

I can't say I'm all that excited about S6. I'm there for Captain Swan. Hyde does seem a little interesting, but so many guest characters started off interesting and then their arcs fizzled out. We'll see... 

Edited by Rumsy4
  • Love 3
(edited)

It does seem like Adam and Eddy are assuring the people that are turned off about a Regina arc that this isn't just a Regina arc. She's one of the characters being explored but she won't be the only one. I guess they're hearing all the negativity from the fandom. About people not excited for this arc.

I'm here for Captain Swan, Emma, Hook, Captain Charming, Swan-Jones family and Snowing/CS, that's it.

Edited by Hookian
  • Love 2

Aren't they always trying to reassure some group or another these days, though? Like, I don't exactly remember, but I'm sure a bunch of other groups were unhappy and voicing their frustration over the Hook/Emma heavy promo prior to season 5 and 5b in particular. And that's when they suddenly pushed stuff like "Regina the savior" or "Charming at his most heroic" in promotion that never actually or only very barely played out on screen. That's one of the problems with Horowitz and Kitsis and why people no longer trust them. It seems like they spend more time on pandering to everyone who is still watching for a specific reason in interviews, bending the truth or flat out lying (how many times where RH fans promised a centric/backstory?) about their own show along the way, than on making sure the writing speaks for itself and it's the quality of the material that still pulls people in rather than their (often empty) promises.

• Love 3

I have to actually defend them, they NEVER pushed "Regina the Savior". Lana and Natalie Abrams did, starting around Comic Con, so before the CS promotion started. 

• Love 2