Type keyword(s) to search

The NBA

xaxat
  • Start Topic

(edited)

Figures this is the game that both AD (mostly) and Lebron (4th) stink up the joint. Good win for the Nuggets and should be cruising to victory if they take one in LA. 

Edited by twoods
  • Like 4
2 hours ago, twoods said:

Figures this is the game that both AD (mostly) and Lebron (4th) stink up the joint. Good win for the Nuggets and should be cruising to victory if they take one in LA. 

Too bad they failed to take even one (in Denver).  They fell short on stealing the first one, and when the roles were reversed, they couldn't hold on.  Not that the small halftime lead was destined to hold anyway with how bad AD was.

As mentioned, I still don't think it's over for the Lakers, but I still think Denver is winning the series.  Despite what Rose said, I agree with SAS that it's not over.  It will be if they lose either game on Saturday & Monday (literally if they lose both, plus I'll laugh).

They just need to be 2-2.  Los Angeles is not coming back from 3-1.  That LBJ Cavs team that did it was better overall.  AD is better than Love and/or Irving, but the role players for LA aren't as good.  Though Jokic isn't as good as that Curry player but good enough to have been the MVP this year.

Well, that's basketball.  If the Lakers fall, oh well.  It'll be to a great team with a great player.  We'll see what happens with Boston, but it's possible that neither Boston nor LA make it.  Which is perfect since I'd love to see Butler vs Jokic!

• Like 5

I have no idea how Boston was such a huge betting and popular favorite over the Heat. They’ve been playing like like an average lower seed all of the second half of the season with weird lapses that aren’t corrected in a timely fashion. Luckily for them Philly was more crap than them but Miami is not going to let them get away with their lackadaisical play. 

I would’ve had them as 50/50 at best vs. Miami and a clear underdog vs Denver and maybe the Lakers too. 

• Like 1

That was an exciting game. I don't have any rooting interest. I do like rematches though, and I like that these teams don't really like each other. 

I didn't think Miami was going to make headway with throwing up 3s, and as soon as Butler starting driving the lane, they went on the end game run with quick jumpers and cuts. 

Frustrating rooting for this Celtics iteration. Banging on the window for five years, but every season they seem to run into a team that just seems to want it more despite matching up well enough on paper. 

I'd rather see both or neither as it relates to Boston/LA, though I still will not write off the Celtics.  That's only because they annoy me by losing multiple games within a series, only to crush the souls of their foes by winning...only when they're on the brink.

Of course, I'm not going to write off the Lakers, since their 2 losses were on the road.  If they win at home, they can test Game 5 before punting to Game 6.  Win their final home game in the West Finals, and then see what happens in a winner-take-all Game 7 in Denver

2 hours ago, baldryanr said:

It's not looking good for everyone who either wanted to see or was looking forward to bitching about a LA-Boston final.

TV execs tearing their hair out. If ever there were a box of referee shenanigans, now would be the time to deploy it. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Fukui San said:

TV execs tearing their hair out. If ever there were a box of referee shenanigans, now would be the time to deploy it. 

Scott Foster is the crew chief for the Lakers/Denver game tonight. 

• LOL 1

After watching last night's Heat - Celtics Game 2 & seeing the Celtics mess up again in the 4th Quarter like they did in Game 1, the Celtics are basically done. Its only a matter of either they get swept, lose in 5, or lose in 6. 

4 hours ago, Fukui San said:

It's not looking good for everyone who either wanted to see or was looking forward to bitching about a LA-Boston final.

2 hours ago, LexieLily said:
4 hours ago, Fukui San said:

Scott Foster is the crew chief for the Lakers/Denver game tonight. 

I know that ESPN really want a Lakers - Celtics Finals by any means necessary. So at this point to them, every little bit helps. Hopefully, there will be even more panic from them tonight if the Nuggets win tonight. I wonder what excuses will they bring up for the Lakers if that happens. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Carey said:

If someone told me Scott Foster was travelling from LA to Miami, from Miami to LA, and from LA to Miami within these 4 days, I'd believe it

I don't know why Scott Foster is even allowed to still have a job.

• Like 2
8 hours ago, Magog said:

I know that ESPN really want a Lakers - Celtics Finals by any means necessary. So at this point to them, every little bit helps. Hopefully, there will be even more panic from them tonight if the Nuggets win tonight. I wonder what excuses will they bring up for the Lakers if that happens. 

They did everything they could. Jokic had three fouls at halftime and four with barely any time gone by in the third, and the Lakers had 29 free throw attempts to the Nuggets' 19 (and six of those were in the last minute when it didn't matter).

Yet Denver still won by eleven and the Lakers are in very real danger of being swept. You love to see it!

• Like 4

Nuggets 119 - Lakers 108 

Gee, I wonder how ESPN is to feel sorry for the Lakers after this debacle. They are very sad right now that the Lakers failed again tonight & now are in a 3-0 hole. Hopefully, this will be over on Monday Night.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1

Series over

How much time has LA even had a lead in any game this series?.  I didn't watch game two but game 1 and 3 Denver had the lead almost wire to wire shirt of a 1 or 2 point brief lead for LA.  

5 minutes ago, DrSpaceman73 said:

Series over

How much time has LA even had a lead in any game this series?.  I didn't watch game two but game 1 and 3 Denver had the lead almost wire to wire shirt of a 1 or 2 point brief lead for LA.  

Lakers led a good chunk of game 2, well into the 3rd quarter. 

Lakers are done for sure. Happy to see it going well for Denver. Now hopefully Miami can get to 3-0 tomorrow.

Lakers are gonna get ready to overpay for Reaves in the off-season.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
(edited)

Agree with Denver being the best team left so far and likely to win barring injury. Jokic and Murray play smart basketball, and that gets those around them to play better. They didn’t panic when they gave up their lead and kept playing selfless. I still love KCP so hope he wins another ring.

Just saw a clip of the Nuggets coach talking about a conversation he had with Murray after he tore his ACL, asking if the Nuggets were going to trade him because he was damaged goods and crying. Michael Malone then said that “You’re ours.” That line made me cry. What a wonderful organization.

Edited by twoods
  • Like 6
6 hours ago, twoods said:

Just saw a clip of the Nuggets coach talking about a conversation he had with Murray after he tore his ACL, asking if the Nuggets were going to trade him because he was damaged goods and crying. Michael Malone then said that “You’re ours.” That line made me cry. What a wonderful organization.

It's a nice sentiment, but when he tore his ACL he was in the first year of his 5 year, 185 million dollar extension.  Murray may have been understandably distraught, but he wasn't getting traded even if the Nuggets were the most callous organization on the planet.  It's great that he's been able to bounce back from such a catastrophic injury, and it seems likely that he'll be celebrating a championship in a few week unless Playoff Jimmy (assuming the Heat take care of business) goes nuclear.

Speaking of contracts, Austin Reaves picked a great time to peak. Someone is going to overpay for him this offseason.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, LexieLily said:

Yet Denver still won by eleven and the Lakers are in very real danger of being swept. You love to see it!

That's fair enough, but under one condition: they don't lose in the NBA Finals (but even then I'd consider giving them a pass so as long as Miami wins the East, period)

17 minutes ago, Wildcard said:

*Cough* Lakers *Cough*

There are probably a few teams who may pay him more than the Lakers offer. He’s the third best player on the team, and the only one who has been consistent in the playoffs. Most of the other roster (other than AD and Lebron) are also free agents in the off-season, so the Lakers don’t have a lot of money left to spend to keep most of the team. D-Lo is going to want a hefty contract, and Rui will demand more than he’s currently getting. 

(edited)

Denver had like 3 turnovers or something ridiculous the whole game. 

Edited to add was actually 6 total but was like midway though the 4th had some meaningless ones at the end. 

Edited by DrSpaceman73
  • Mind Blown 1

As great as it is to laugh at TPTB, their pain is valid.  It's sorta like the Bruins in the NHL.  The interest dies when the programs die, though it's not my fault the "best team ever" blew a 3-1 lead.  Didn't help that Sid, Ovie, and McDavid faltered either, along with the rest of the Canadian teams.

While I picked Denver & they were the better team, it does suck that the West series is not worth watching.  It might be if the Lakers win 2 games to avoid humiliation.

OTOH, if Boston can win tonight, then at least there's something meaningful, IMO in the Conference finals round.  BTW, tonight is a must-win for the Heat.  I remember Chuck saying that years ago before he brought it up again.  No sense in giving anyone any momentum.  If you're going to win both of your road games to start a series, then make it count.  Especially if Denver wins on Monday.  The longer it takes for Miami to win the worse things are going to be before travelling West

The lesson from this season's playoffs - the 80s are not coming back.  Lakers/Celtics were great in the 1980s (and in 2008 & 2010).  This is Twenty twenty-three.

I actually think the Celtics need someone like a Draymond Green to be  the internal agitator. As talented as the Jays are they keep meeting the team that just out toughs them every year. They haven’t been outmatched on paper since the LeBron Cavs, I feel. 

Joe Mazzulla said about 16 times that he didn’t have the team ready to play.  Whuh?  How is a team of grown-men professionals not ready to play in the playoffs down 0-2?  Why do they need the coach to get them ready at this point?

C’mon Association.  I am excited to see how you are going to market Denver / Miami to the casuals.

• Like 1

So is Mazzulla going to be joining Bud and Doc on the unemployment line?  His team has given up on him and he hasn't exactly proven himself to be a tactical genius.  I'm far too lazy to look it up, but it seems unlikely that the top three teams in a conference have all dumped their coaches.

It depends on if Boston does what I'd rather see L.A. do.  Unless Miami finds a way to play and lose a Memorial Day game, it might be over for Mazzulla.  Even though it's through no fault of his own, he ended up in this role.

In addition to the misery I'll feel if Boston came all the way back, I'll be upset since Erik's tenure would end, though I'd say no way since Butler and company would have to be hurt in order for Miami to lose out.

If the Lakers came all the way back, Mike Malone would definitely be a goner, which means that both coaches of 1 seeds would've been kicked out in the same season

Gee, the Celtics sure showed how much they want to win a championship, much less this series with that absolute 1,2,3 Cancun inducing performance last night. The game was over at halftime & if it wasn't for the game being on TNT, I would of taken a nap in the 2nd half. 

14 hours ago, Carey said:

As great as it is to laugh at TPTB, their pain is valid.  It's sorta like the Bruins in the NHL.  The interest dies when the programs die, though it's not my fault the "best team ever" blew a 3-1 lead. 

I'm still interested in this series. I'm enjoying that ass-whopping the Celtics are getting. Hopefully, there will be more of that Tuesday Night & put the Celtics out of their misery. 

15 hours ago, Carey said:

While I picked Denver & they were the better team, it does suck that the West series is not worth watching.  It might be if the Lakers win 2 games to avoid humiliation.

How could seeing the Lakers getting outplayed & humiliated by the Nuggets & possibly getting swept on Monday Night be not worth watching? That's like the Cowboys getting their blown out & humiliated in the Playoffs & saying that isn't worth watching or enjoying.

Except for Le Bron & Austin Reaves (he is kind of winning me over), Its been very amusing seeing the rest of the Lakers getting humbled by the Nuggets. I can't wait to see how the Nuggets will humiliated the Lakers tonight & ESPN being very very sad about it.

2 hours ago, Carey said:

In addition to the misery I'll feel if Boston came all the way back, I'll be upset since Erik's tenure would end, though I'd say no way since Butler and company would have to be hurt in order for Miami to lose out.

If the Lakers came all the way back, Mike Malone would definitely be a goner, which means that both coaches of 1 seeds would've been kicked out in the same season

Thankfully, we won't have to worry about any of those things happening.

• Like 1
14 hours ago, Fukui San said:

I actually think the Celtics need someone like a Draymond Green to be  the internal agitator. As talented as the Jays are they keep meeting the team that just out toughs them every year. They haven’t been outmatched on paper since the LeBron Cavs, I feel. 

The Warriors are "nice."  If Draymond went to the Celtics, he'd get knocked the eff out.

I'd be fine with a Denver/Miami final because I don't hate either team. 

• Like 1

Nobody is interested in Miami or Denver? I fam. I feel like saying interest dies if the stupid Celtics or Lakers aren’t involved in the Championship is a bit ridiculous. Like they aren’t the only teams and ppl don’t only care about them. Lakers have LeBron yea but no one cares so much about Tatum or Brown that they won’t watch another team in the finals.

• Like 2

Wow...Bostonians (and related fans) are mystified by the unbelievable collapse of the Celtics.
3-0.  Wow...I wonder if they will blow up the current lineup, no matter how this series ends.
Will they seek alternative head coaching. 
Is Pat Riley interested in a head coach job?
Is there a 7 foot, 300 pound tank available to join the lineup and patrol the paint.
Amazing

(edited)

22 three point attempts won’t lead to foul calls. 

If the Lakers don’t choke this game away, the Nuggets should beat the crap out of them at home in game 5.

Edited by twoods