Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Spoiler Speculation: Benchmarking

• Start Topic

this is an interesting picture...

https://twitter.com/EvaArielBinder

so Sofia is still in episode 23.  This must be either Callie or Arizona's house.  It looks like a moving box in the driveway, but that could just be something for production.  And Arizona is wearing a dress with heels?  

Aren't they filming episode 24 now? I thought someone said that they were starting to film the finale this week, but I may be totally wrong. I don't think we'll be seeing her legs considering how pregnant she is, although didn't they establish a few years back that she got that realistic leg that would allow her to wear heels? I may also be making that up lol. Not sure why they'd put Capshaw in those heels either way.

Aren't they filming episode 24 now? I thought someone said that they were starting to film the finale this week, but I may be totally wrong. I don't think we'll be seeing her legs considering how pregnant she is, although didn't they establish a few years back that she got that realistic leg that would allow her to wear heels? I may also be making that up lol. Not sure why they'd put Capshaw in those heels either way.

I thought that they were still working on 23, but Kevin is definitely directing ep 22 (unless he's doing 23 also?).  I heard some rumors on twitter of Jcap pre-filming some finale scenes, but I think that's based on the fact that she is due any day and the Ellen Pompeo did the same thing (pre-filmed scenes) when she was pregnant.  

re: the heels....I wasn't even talking about the fact that she has an artificial leg, though you are right about the leg with heels.  I was more commenting on the fact that she was so dressed up it had to be something other than a casual day outside of the house.  I guess maybe they are coming from court?  

You are right though, I wonder they are making jcap wear those heels considering we'll probably only see Arizona's upper body with how pregnant she is!

• Love 1

this is an interesting picture...

https://twitter.com/EvaArielBinder

so Sofia is still in episode 23. This must be either Callie or Arizona's house. It looks like a moving box in the driveway, but that could just be something for production. And Arizona is wearing a dress with heels?

edit: I THINK this might be 12x22 because it looks like Kevin is directing.

It's definitely 1222 as fans met jcap in the same outfit on location. it's probably the outside of court.

This is so stupid. OK, they're at least talking about it, I was afraid Callie is just going to be served with court papers. But still, how long has it been since their conversation about moving to NY if Callie has already managed to find an apartment AND possible schools for Sofia? Why didn't Arizona approach her the very next day? Ugh, all of this is so contrived.

Arizona seems to be in the same outfit she saw the lawyer so it's probably the next day. callie and penny probably looked everything up overnight as that's how fast their relationship is going lol

Justin hasn't given an interview in two years, so I have no idea how he feels about anything. In his last interview, pre-season 11 he was hoping that Alex would settle down and have kids and would do well in private practice. So, there's that. After seeing the promo where Hawkeye Pierce...I mean Alex, seems to lecture Jo about gun safety and seeing the photos of Camilla and DeLuca, I would be fine with a JoLuca hookup. Jandrew? WilLuca?

On the one hand, I would love to see a Riggs/Amelia kiss just to watch Owen spontaneously combust, but I really want to rule out the Mer/Alex stuff at least for the time being, so I really hope the makeout session is Meredith and Riggs.

Jo hasn't been tainted on greys yet so i am not all that against a hookup (especially if it's deluca) but i won't be okay with a cheating route as greys fandom in general is against her character a bit.

P.s I'm talking about Justin's usual interaction on Twitter!

They're filming 12x23 right now. the finale table read is yet to happen to my best believe. Debbie said she just got the finale script few days back.

I do wish we could just see Alex be happy and have a semi-normal relationship, though.

He is happy and in a semi normal relationship though. Instead of making the most of how lucky he has it he prefers to spend his time as a sounding board to the sisters.

The lack of Jo in general this season has been glaring. I find it really obvious that the writers have no interest at all in her character. It wouldn't shock me at this point if they gave her a hasty exit to make way for the inevitable Alex/Mer hookup that they can't resist.

• Love 1

He is happy and in a semi normal relationship though. Instead of making the most of how lucky he has it he prefers to spend his time as a sounding board to the sisters.

The lack of Jo in general this season has been glaring. I find it really obvious that the writers have no interest at all in her character. It wouldn't shock me at this point if they gave her a hasty exit to make way for the inevitable Alex/Mer hookup that they can't resist.

Yep, but I would add that they have no interest in writing for Alex either, so maybe the worst thing is for them to be together.  I just can't stand the thought of Alex with any other woman currently on the show.

Moved from Media thread:

I wish that both actors were leaving, but I don't think that will be the case.  If they do write Camilla out, they won't give her an exit story.  They will just have someone who isn't Alex explain that she left because of blah, blah, blah in the season premiere.  They didn't give Teddy, Lexie or Hahn any pre-exit story and they won't do it for Jo.

I guess this entire season has been practice for Alex's "storyline" if he does get with Meredith, because I guaranty that what he does now (ie nothing but service the women on the show) is exactly what he will do should the two of them get together.  And since they have made him so boring and so much of a fuddy-duddy it doesn't really even matter much.  If they keep Camilla then they should  pair her up with DeLuca because they have no intention of writing her with Alex.

• Love 1

There's gotta be a happy medium; the last thing I want is to see Alex suddenly revert to being a jerk, because I've loved watching his growth. I wish we got a storyline that could give him some edge, though. He has a sister and mother out there who we've never met, not to mention IZZIE (I know, I know... it will never happen. But I want it to.)  There are tons of ways to keep his story interesting without just turning him into a jerk. 

• Love 2
I kind of hope Jo dumps him and breaks his heart, because maybe then we could get the "old" Alex back. He's never even a jerk any more! I miss him being a jerk.

That would require a few seconds of Alex's screentime actually being about him and not a sister, so......

I guess this entire season has been practice for Alex's "storyline" if he does get with Meredith, because I guaranty that what he does now (ie nothing but service the women on the show) is exactly what he will do should the two of them get together.  And since they have made him so boring and so much of a fuddy-duddy it doesn't really even matter much.  If they keep Camilla then they should  pair her up with DeLuca because they have no intention of writing her with Alex.

Agree all around.  Alex is already in the Derek role for Meredith - around for all her crisis', stuck in the middle of her friends/family and barely any POV of his own. All that is missing is a sex scene. Alex has been slowly ruined (for me) since being saddled with being Meredith's person. This season there was some hope that Alex would get some story and his romance with Jo would be focused on (because that is what Shonda said in an interview). That's gone now so may as well free Jo up if Camilla is staying. 

I still think Owen is the best match for Meredith. They are both judgmental/hypocritical and both yell and rage.  Maybe they could further bond and find love at the shrink's office.

Edited by windsprints

I still think Owen is the best match for Meredith. They are both judgmental/hypocritical and both yell and rage.  Maybe they could further bond and find love at the shrink's office.

Lol that describes basically every character on the show to me. 

Lol that describes basically every character on the show to me.

I agree, they all have their moments. Meredith & Owen just have them more frequently, IMO. Meredith judges and namecalls - ex: Jo is a hoodlum, Amelia a junkie, Nathan is psychotic. She screams at people, ex: Amelia, Thorpe. Owen, a cheater himself, judges a cheater and Meredith married one yet judges Nathan too. We're also well aware Owen is a screamer too. Both judge people's medical abilities based on personal bias and try to get others to join in bullying/judging.  On the better side, they both loved Cristina and Owen wants kids (babysitter bonus for Meredith).  Match made in heaven, hahahaha.  Bring on Mowen in S13.

I am curious to see which side Meredith takes in the Callie/Arizona battle since Derek went across the country and left the kids with Meredith.  I always thought Meredith was resentful that Derek didn't take the kids with him at least part of the time.

Edited by windsprints
  • Love 1

I agree, they all have their moments. Meredith & Owen just have them more frequently, IMO. Meredith judges and namecalls - ex: Jo is a hoodlum, Amelia a junkie, Nathan is psychotic. She screams at people, ex: Amelia, Thorpe. Owen, a cheater himself, judges a cheater and Meredith married one yet judges Nathan too. We're also well aware Owen is a screamer too. Both judge people's medical abilities based on personal bias and try to get others to join in bullying/judging.  On the better side, they both loved Cristina and Owen wants kids (babysitter bonus for Meredith).  Match made in heaven, hahahaha.  Bring on Mowen in S13.

I am curious to see which side Meredith takes in the Callie/Arizona battle since Derek went across the country and left the kids with Meredith.  I always thought Meredith was resentful that Derek didn't take the kids with him at least part of the time.

Meredith Owen would be so unbearable to me lol. I loved Owen in S5 and he's just totally unwound for me since. I don't always need to like characters to root for them or want to watch them, but Owen, at this point, just gets on my nerves non-stop. I really detest his character lately. I totally agree that Meredith can be extremely judgemental and rude, I don't think she's much of a screamer (though she's had her moments.) Amelia is much more suited to Owen in that regard. She basically spent her entire introductory season yelling at everyone and giving them pompous speeches. I'm incredibly grateful that they seem to have toned her down lately, and I think even Amelia deserves to get out of their never-ending merry-go-'round and find someone less shouty and insane.

But I really, really hated the scene where Mer called Riggs psychotic over his 'lie'. Especially considering that she and basically all of her friends have been cheaters (including Owen!). I was fine with her sort of shoving Riggs aside at first as a little show of solidarity for Cristina / Owen, but I feel like now they're maybe pushing it as a build-up to a Meredith / Riggs romance and it doesn't make much sense. I do think she and Riggs could work as a good couple, though. 

Edited by BaseOps
  • Love 1

Amelia definitely can scream with the best of them. Given that Amelia/Owen have been on/off with no commitment for 2+ years (GA timeline) I think that shows how they just aren't well suited overall. If they're going to shake things up with couples they make perfect sense to me as a break up.  Riggs seemed so telegraphed for Meredith upon arrival but that can change on shows once actor chemistry comes into play.  Good on paper (character history/trait-wise) doesn't always translate to interesting to watch. Meredith and Nathan have shared enough scenes to have had the chance to display some kind of spark. I know its subjective but I see none but I did see some with Amelia.

I guess DeLuca is more of the wild card (of the two - the actor's interview). I wonder if he even would have bothered saying anything if it was Maggie since that is so expected. Which females are available for DeLuca?  If Meredith is destined for Nathan, Amelia with Owen, April with Jackson and Jo with Alex that leaves Stephanie.  LOL unless Bailey is on the rebound if she and her husband split.*

*I am joking about Bailey/DeLuca in case that didn't come across.

Amelia definitely can scream with the best of them. Given that Amelia/Owen have been on/off with no commitment for 2+ years (GA timeline) I think that shows how they just aren't well suited overall. If they're going to shake things up with couples they make perfect sense to me as a break up.  Riggs seemed so telegraphed for Meredith upon arrival but that can change on shows once actor chemistry comes into play.  Good on paper (character history/trait-wise) doesn't always translate to interesting to watch. Meredith and Nathan have shared enough scenes to have had the chance to display some kind of spark. I know its subjective but I see none but I did see some with Amelia.

I guess DeLuca is more of the wild card (of the two - the actor's interview). I wonder if he even would have bothered saying anything if it was Maggie since that is so expected. Which females are available for DeLuca?  If Meredith is destined for Nathan, Amelia with Owen, April with Jackson and Jo with Alex that leaves Stephanie.  LOL unless Bailey is on the rebound if she and her husband split.*

*I am joking about Bailey/DeLuca in case that didn't come across.

I actually thought at some point that they were going for a Riggs / Amelia pairing which I wouldn't have been against, but it seems like she's stuck with Owen lol. I thought Mer / Riggs had nice chemistry in their first few scenes together, but I'm glad they didn't push it. I was afraid they were going to have them making out by episode 10 and I would have hated that... but there's been an odd amount of distance between them which I think is intentional. I definitely think she'll be the kiss that Henderson mentioned coming up, but I wouldn't be against the writers surprising us. So many people seem to think that Meredith / Alex is still a possibility and I've read speculation that Thorpe is going to show up again, so I'm glad they've at least kept us on our toes. 

I guess DeLuca really does have slim pickings. I wish they'd actually shake things up with the couples again. Rather than this pregnancy storyline I would have liked to see April and Jackson maybe playing the field a bit. I think Jackson sleeping with Meredith or Callie could have made for an interesting storyline (I know that's totally random, but I do miss the spontaneity of the old days where everyone was hopping in bed together.) I feel like I just mentioned this somewhere, but I always thought Callie and Alex could be a fun pairing too after their one-night thing. Maybe Steph and DeLuca if she sticks around next year? But I think he'll end up with Maggie again. 

Lol Bailey / DeLuca would be an easy way to break the internet. Twitter would go insane. 

I'd definitely prefer Bailey/DeLuca over Meredith/Alex. Likewise with Bailey/Arizona, Callie/Maggie, Ben/April, Meredith/blonde intern, Jackson/Owen, Alex/Amelia, Jo/Stephanie or basically any other pairing not including Richard. 

• Love 2

I agree, they all have their moments. Meredith & Owen just have them more frequently, IMO. Meredith judges and namecalls - ex: Jo is a hoodlum, Amelia a junkie, Nathan is psychotic. She screams at people, ex: Amelia, Thorpe. Owen, a cheater himself, judges a cheater and Meredith married one yet judges Nathan too. We're also well aware Owen is a screamer too. Both judge people's medical abilities based on personal bias and try to get others to join in bullying/judging. On the better side, they both loved Cristina and Owen wants kids (babysitter bonus for Meredith). Match made in heaven, hahahaha. Bring on Mowen in S13.

I am curious to see which side Meredith takes in the Callie/Arizona battle since Derek went across the country and left the kids with Meredith. I always thought Meredith was resentful that Derek didn't take the kids with him at least part of the time.

That and Meredith had Zola taken away from her and Derek after she screwed up his trial so she knows that pain and technically she should side with arizona but she's more of Callie's friend so I think she'll be on Callie's side.

The series finale should be an announced asteroid and the whole hospital can join in on one big orgy so that everyone can finally have slept with everyone else.  I am kind of low-key shipping JoLuca now thanks to the cute pictures of Camilla and Whatshisname at that race, but for the life of me, I just can't bring myself to even contemplate Alex with any of the current crop of women, except maybe Callie or Arizona and I doubt that is going to happen.  Maggie and April are too neurotic/"good girly" and Alex never does well with that, Meredith is too self-centered (and we have been there/done that with Izzie) and, besides the fact that Alex probably wouldn't want to get involved with a recovering addict, I dislike all things Shepherd so I don't want him with Amelia either.  Bailey wouldn't work for either party and Stephanie is on her way out, and hopefully taking Penny with her.

So that leaves Jo, and I think that it would be nice to reward Camilla for all her patience by having her divide her screentime making out with DeLuca and Alex. There, get on it writers!

Edited by Deanie87

Bring on Mowen in S13.

God, please no!!  The only thing worse than Meredith/Alex to me is Meredith/Owen.  

I'm curious why you think Meredith was resentful Derek didn't take the kids with him?  A big part of the DC vs. Seattle thing was because she wanted to stay and raise their family in Seattle.  I never thought she resented him for not taking the kids.  

I was actually thinking more of her siding with Arizona, along the lines of Ellis basically ruining any possible relationship with her father when she picked up and moved across the country.  Sure, Thatcher didn't seem to try to hard to find her/them, but who knows what would have happened if they had stayed in Seattle.  

• Love 1

Ellen Pompeo is going to be on the Ellen show on Monday and taped her appearnce yesterday.  Someone who attend said the following about what she talked about 

"She mentioned the fact that fans will have to accept that Meredith has to move on now that Derek is not there anymore and this is what makes the show going on and this is the reason that Greys has so many seasons. But she mostly talked about her plans for the summer with her kids, the ranch that she's planning to buy and some other stuffs like Taylor Swift."

Since she still talking about Meredith moving on, I am now solidifying my speculation that person Riggs kisses is Meredith.  

Edited by Greysaddict
  • Love 1

I definitely saw a spark in the first elevator scene between Meredith and Riggs.  To be honest, I fast forward a lot of the Owen/Riggs/Amelia stuff, so I don't know so much how it stands now, but a Meredith/Riggs storyline would also have implications for Owen, Amelia, and April.  Whereas Alex and Meredith hooking up would really only affect Jo and all the other Fab 5, none of whom are there anymore, so what's the point?  I would be all for a Merlex hookup just to see Cristina, Izzie and George (and Derek, Addison, Mark, Lexie, etc.) flip the fuck out.  But since that won't happen, its best that we just never speak of it. 

Edited by Deanie87

Ellen Pompeo is going to be on the Ellen show on Monday and taped her appearnce yesterday.  Someone who attend said the following about what she talked about 

Since she still talking about Meredith moving on, I guess now solidifying my speculation that person Riggs kisses is Meredith.  

Interesting. 

Table read for the finale is today.I wonder if that kiss happens already in 1223. I wonder who will accidentally spill it out if Megan is there for the finale. I hope we will get some clues. I myself wish to see Megan alive.

Edited by NathanRiggsfan

That and Meredith had Zola taken away from her and Derek after she screwed up his trial so she knows that pain and technically she should side with arizona but she's more of Callie's friend so I think she'll be on Callie's side.

Let's not forget the bond Arizona and Meredith have from being the last 2 in the hospital who survived the plane crash.  They've had some nice moments in the last couple of seasons built around that bond so I think who Mere supports will be a very complicated decision.  

Since she still talking about Meredith moving on, I am now solidifying my speculation that person Riggs kisses is Meredith.  

Thus the reason why Martin Henderson was hired in the first place.

• Love 1

Camilla always tries to promote the show. The tweets are about the finale table read; I guess its going to be a usual Grey's finale:

https://twitter.com/camilluddington/status/722959768952799234

https://twitter.com/camilluddington/status/722960336622522374

Another disaster? Meredith falls down a well? Jo shoots someone (credit:Deannie87)? Hospital collapses into a hellmouth? Bailey/DeLuca happens?

Edited by windsprints

Vampire Mer, it would make so much sense. ha

And speaking of hellmouths and the supernatural, anyone ever see the episode of Buffy were Jonathan gets a demon to put a glamour on him that makes everyone think he's amazing? Penny! Penny must have done this, it's the only logical explantation. lol 

*I feel like maybe I've made this joke before*

Edited by GreysFan89
  • Love 4

If it went supernatural they could bring back all the dead ala "the other side" like The Vampire Diaries had. Hahaha, maybe that's season 20.

Please, no! I don't think we need another season of dead Denny romancing a live person. Because if they went supernatural, you just know that's the direction they would take the Meredith and her return to dating storyline. 

• Love 1

Apparently Stacy McKee wrote 12.23, so we can expect flashbacks, flashforwards, retcons and the damn carousel, probably.  She used to be one of my favorites and she has written some of my favorite epsiodes in the past, but her episodes in the last couple of seasons have just relied way to heavy on gimmicks.  So whatever terror gets unleashed in the finale, my guess is it will all be disjointedly set up in 12.23 and we will get some kind of time jump as well.

• Love 3

Apparently Stacy McKee wrote 12.23, so we can expect flashbacks, flashforwards, retcons and the damn carousel, probably.  She used to be one of my favorites and she has written some of my favorite epsiodes in the past, but her episodes in the last couple of seasons have just relied way to heavy on gimmicks.  So whatever terror gets unleashed in the finale, my guess is it will all be disjointedly set up in 12.23 and we will get some kind of time jump as well.

I don't know if its McKee herself or the fact that they keep giving her the 'big' episodes to do, and now a 'big' Greys episodes tends to be extra gimmicky. I'm not a fan of big time-jumps when they're so constant... I did enjoy The Sound of Silence quite a lot as a standalone hour of entertainment, but otherwise the episodes she's written have mostly been among my least-favourite. Early on, she had a few really fantastic episodes under her belt. Fingers crossed that there are no disasters heading our way. 

• Love 1

Nothing new, really, but if they did a set visit then we should get a Greys-focused article soon. 

From EW's Spoiler Room:

What can you tease from your Grey’s Anatomy set visit?? – Heather
I’m sworn to secrecy on the season finale, but here’s what I can tease about upcoming episodes: The lines between Stephanie’s personal and professional life become blurred when Kyle returns to the hospital, causing her to question their new romance.

Edited by BaseOps

This episode made me pretty sure that Penny will eventually decide she doesn't want to be a part of the gigantic clusterfuck that's about to ensue and she'll call it quits with Callie. So, what happens next? Callie obviously stays. Will she and Arizona now hate each other? Was the whole point of bringing Penny in just to make

it absolutely clear they're never ever ever getting back together? Or is it going to be just the opposite and this whole mess will make them realize they still have feelings for each other and now can finally reunite as they have earned it in Shonda's eyes? Both options are dumb. 

The new promo. How in heaven's face is Callie asking Alex Karev of all people to take her side?? Arizona told Herman once that Callie got all the friends in divorce and that's true. Alex and April are probably the only two peeps Arizona have and Callie wants Alex???

Will greys writer ever draw a line on how much they will ruin Callie's character??

Does anyone really care about Stephanie and Kyle's romance?

If this is what takes her out of GSMH than I'm all in

Apparently Stacy McKee wrote 12.23, so we can expect flashbacks, flashforwards, retcons and the damn carousel, probably. She used to be one of my favorites and she has written some of my favorite epsiodes in the past, but her episodes in the last couple of seasons have just relied way to heavy on gimmicks. So whatever terror gets unleashed in the finale, my guess is it will all be disjointedly set up in 12.23 and we will get some kind of time jump as well.

I liked the musical, white wedding and the callie episode but didn't like the cristina one. rest she has moved on from giving good stories to calzona to Owen and amelia. since this episode immediately follows the custody battle episode, I'm curious what this will be about.

12x23 synopsis: Amelia and Owen deepen their relationship; Alex has a clearer view of his future with Jo; Callie and Arizona struggle with custody arrangements.

12x23 synopsis: Amelia and Owen deepen their relationship; Alex has a clearer view of his future with Jo; Callie and Arizona struggle with custody arrangements.

So safe to say that only one of them gets custody. and that's the cue for this storyline being not about any calzona reconciliation at all.

shonda probably just wanted to this storyline so she could show the shaming a lgbtq single parent gets if they're not biological parent.

I don't know why, but that synopsis gives me a bad feeling about Alex and Jo and sort of makes me wonder if this past episode was foreshadowing.  Probably not, maybe McKee will throw a flashforward in there just for kicks and then Jo will put on the ring and that will be that.  

• Love 1

I don't know why, but that synopsis gives me a bad feeling about Alex and Jo and sort of makes me wonder if this past episode was foreshadowing. Probably not, maybe McKee will throw a flashforward in there just for kicks and then Jo will put on the ring and that will be that.

This season has been a repeat of season 11, and I think the original plan was for them to get engaged then. I'm going with a fight and then Jo putting the ring on ala a fight and then Jo buying the loft last season. If an engagement happens in Ep. 23, I could maybe see something bad happening in the finale. Or nothing happening and the focus being on the usual suspects.

I dislike McKee´s writing. She pushes for certain couples, it is obvious.

OA deepen their relationship when just a few episodes she broke up with him, but of course they would copy Crowen just as they broke up and got together in Season 5 finale.

I am worried about Jolex´s future. I kind of like Jo but she gets the same stupid lines again and again, e.g. I lived in a car which I totally blame the writers for. Jolex have been almost non-existent for 2 seasons as a couple. I believe McKee at the helm of the writer´s room will make it worse going to the finale.

Clues are there for a possible Riggs/Maggie hook up, so Meredith is still free for Alex. I believe down the line Shonda will go there. 

Edited by NathanRiggsfan

I don't know why, but that synopsis gives me a bad feeling about Alex and Jo and sort of makes me wonder if this past episode was foreshadowing.  Probably not, maybe McKee will throw a flashforward in there just for kicks and then Jo will put on the ring and that will be that.  

I had the same feeling largely because its happened to Alex in previous seasons. He gets a little happy/hopeful an episode or so ahead of the finale then bam. Ava is an example. Married Izzie then she codes almost right away.  I really, really, really am hoping its the complete opposite this year though and it ends with the ring. I know I've complained that I didn't want the ring with nothing really leading up to it but if I start thinking of alternatives I guess I'll gladly take the happy with barely a story behind it.

We know there will have to be some horror in the finale. Anyone have any ideas?

• Love 1

I had the same feeling largely because its happened to Alex in previous seasons. He gets a little happy/hopeful an episode or so ahead of the finale then bam. Ava is an example. Married Izzie then she codes almost right away.  I really, really, really am hoping its the complete opposite this year though and it ends with the ring. I know I've complained that I didn't want the ring with nothing really leading up to it but if I start thinking of alternatives I guess I'll gladly take the happy with barely a story behind it.

We know there will have to be some horror in the finale. Anyone have any ideas?

Yeah, I don't know why I have that feeling, especially since that would entail Alex (and to a degree Jo) actually getting something meaty to do and there just hasn't been any inclination to do that from the writers for a couple of seasons now.  Plus, I am not sure even Shonda would actually kill another character so soon after all Derek, and there has been a lot of criticism in the press lately about the number of females that have been killed off.  But, Shonda may also think that she is beyond that criticism.  As far as Alex and Jo go, I think that they will either get an engagement and not much else, or it will be filled with tragic drama and cliffhangers.  Just like last season, a breakup would come completely out of nowhere, so I don't think its that.  An engagement wouldn't come out of nowhere, it would just be boring because we haven't seen any of the actual storyline take place onscreen.

Beyond that I think that the last two episodes will feature the tying up of the Calzona/Penny stuff however it plays out, Stephanie's possible exit, and whatever happens with Owen/Riggs/Meredith/Maggie Amelia (someone will kiss Riggs and then the sister will probably show up).  I think that Jackson and April and Ben and Bailey will take a backseat to all the other stuff.  I think that the horror stuff is either Callie leaving, whatever happens with Stephanie or just overhype.

Edited by Deanie87

Based on Maggie´s outburst of love for Meredith´s children, I assume the season finale will bring them in some kind of peril.

A lot of clues for a possible Nathan/Maggie hook-up,but I only wonder whether the point of that scene in the gallery was to reveal to Nathan that Meredith has kids, but then again he must have assumed that she had kids with her husband.

Based on my speculation that in the finale the kids might get hurt as Maggie possibly mentioned Bailey pouring boiling water over himself, what if the person to save the kid/kids will be Nathan? 

I know it is too far-fetched,just a possible scenario.

I think only Camilla has said something about the finale table read.https://www.instagram.com/p/BEkCEBAvW7p/?taken-by=camillaluddington

Edited by NathanRiggsfan
  • Love 1

I'm so confused as to what they're doing with Riggs.

As everyone has said, obviously the sister is going to show up. But again, as others have pointed out, there's been next to no interaction with Meredith and Riggs, and it's been mostly Maggie and Riggs. Yet, I think Maggie will run screaming when the sister returns -- she's not dark and twisty Meredith, she was raised by normal parents in a normal environment. She also seems to be looking for something serious.

But this show has such a laissez-faire position on cheating that I wonder if they're setting it up so that next season, Riggs starts confiding in Meredith about any difficulties he has with newly returned Megan or something (given that Meredith as a widow with children may seem like she has a more grown-up perspective), and we gradually repeat the whole "Meredith falls for an unavailable man in an unhappy relationship." Since it's all but certain Megan will resurface, the only character that I think would even touch a complex relationship situation like that is Meredith.

I think Maggie is the transitional person, or the "brief chemistry test" relationship (like Alex/Lexie all those years ago), and for whatever reason, they don't really want to bring Meredith into Riggs' orbit until his relationship gets really complicated.

Or I could be totally wrong and they could be going Merlex 5ever.

I think Maggie is the transitional person, or the "brief chemistry test" relationship (like Alex/Lexie all those years ago), and for whatever reason, they don't really want to bring Meredith into Riggs' orbit until his relationship gets really complicated.

Agree. If they go with Maggie/Riggs I think its all for the sister drama.  Meredith would be pissed because she hates Riggs because Owen told her to. We've seen how Maggie didn't care about that in the professional setting & she may think its ridiculous personally.  Amelia, who doesn't appear to have an issue with Riggs, would be caught in the middle between Owen/Riggs and Maggie/Meredith. Add that the sisters all live together for more tension. I could even see Meredith starting to fall for Riggs while Maggie is dating him (probably in S13) to setup some triangle for next season. I do think Meredith/Nathan will happen and that's why he was brought to the show. I can definitely see them dragging out the inevitable. Then they get together in S13 with Megan arriving just in time for the winter finale or season finale.

After thinking about it more I don't think there will be anything bad (or major, story/screen time wise) for Alex/Jo. I think it will be brief, she'll put on the ring, he'll react then one of them will propose again in the finale. Maybe this time we'll get to see the answer.  I think the cliffhanger/BIG! moments will be Callie/Arizona and maybe the birth of the Japril baby.

Edited by windsprints
  • Love 1

From TvLine,

GREY'S ANATOMY

PRE-FINALE: Tensions between Meredith and Amelia ramp back up (and once again Derek is the root cause), Jo and Alex get clarification on their relationship status, Callie and Arizona's custody impasse comes to a head and — in the biggest twist of all — Jackson and April stop fighting and start acting civil to each other. Also, someone's gonna die.

SEASON FINALE (MAY 23): "It's a really emotional episode," teases Kelly McCreary. "It's all about matters of the heart, and the culmination of a lot of challenges that we've seen in the major relationships, [especially] April and Jackson, Callie and Arizona, and Owen and Amelia."

From TvLine,

GREY'S ANATOMY

PRE-FINALE: Tensions between Meredith and Amelia ramp back up (and once again Derek is the root cause), Jo and Alex get clarification on their relationship status, Callie and Arizona's custody impasse comes to a head and — in the biggest twist of all — Jackson and April stop fighting and start acting civil to each other. Also, someone's gonna die.

SEASON FINALE (MAY 23): "It's a really emotional episode," teases Kelly McCreary. "It's all about matters of the heart, and the culmination of a lot of challenges that we've seen in the major relationships, [especially] April and Jackson, Callie and Arizona, and Owen and Amelia."

Huh, how 'bout that.  Well, my first thought was "It was nice knowing you, Jo." but it will probably someone lame like Wilmer or a patient.

• Love 2

It's TVline, so major grain of salt, but it's interesting that the wording suggests that someone will die *before* the finale.

I'm gonna guess Richard or Catherine Avery, only because I don't want it to be someone as boring and non-consequential as Wilmer.

Huh, how 'bout that.  Well, my first thought was "It was nice knowing you, Jo." but it will probably someone lame like Wilmer or a patient.

Yeah I was thinking Wilmer's character too. Though it would be very Grey's for Alex and Jo to finally get engaged and then something happen to Jo.

My hope is a piano falls on Penny.