Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Spoiler Speculation: Benchmarking

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, BaseOps said:

What exactly did she tell him? I wonder if the writers (and actors?) have totally forgotten about this. I don't pay much attention to their relationship so I don't recall quite when that was. Was it the episode when Samuel died? 

From what I recall she said "my baby lived for 43 minutes" and that was all.  I believe it was during the time they were broken up so it wasn't a big confession or anything.  It definitely took place in the chapel in the episode where Samuel died and they each went in to light a candle.

I don't think the writers have forgotten though, in the last episode Amelia specifically said Owen knew, but didn't know the whole story (the fact that the baby was born without a brain due to her drug usage).  It's odd there are so many questions on this (not you specifically BaseOps- I've seen tons of people talking about it on social media)  because I don't remember it being vague or ambiguous at all in the episode.  

*fixed my poor grammar 

Edited by Greysaddict
  • Love 1

I didn't watch PP and Amelia isn't one of my favorite, so I probably don't pay as much attention to her as I should, but is her drug use the reason why the baby developed without a brain?  Is that why she said that Owen will hate her?  I thought it was because she was glad that she wasn't pregnant.  I guess I am yet another one with questions. 

I think that the Greys writers assume that the majority watched PP and they shortcut her character quite a bit.  Its one of the reasons I didn't warm to her when she was added, I didn't want to have to go watch another show just to "understand" who Amelia really was.  If they can't show us a characters motivations (and lets be honest, they really can't these days see: Jo), why should I bother doing their work for them.

• Love 1

Does it even matter what the cause of Amelia's baby's death was if the point is that she's feeling the way she's feeling now because she had lost a baby? The point is, Owen knows that bit of truth so it's already not some big secret, yet the show is trying to backtrack and play it out that way. 

Unless the story is about Amelia's worries and insecurities over her past drug use possibly affecting her being able to conceive a healthy child at all, and that is what she's specifically keeping from her husband. 

Edited by funnygirl
because DUH everyone knows Amelia is an addict and it's not about her being an addict.
  • Love 1

But, he's aware she's an addict, isn't he? Didn't he punch Riggs because he gave her a drink or something? Am I remembering that wrong?

And I swear it was already known on GA in general through Derek and/or Addison talking about it before she was even a fully realized character that was seen on screen.

10 minutes ago, CED9 said:

But, he's aware she's an addict, isn't he? Didn't he punch Riggs because he gave her a drink or something? Am I remembering that wrong?

And I swear it was already known on GA in general through Derek and/or Addison talking about it before she was even a fully realized character that was seen on screen.

He's aware she's an addict - remember the big speech after Derek died when she said she was thinking of taking something again? He punched Riggs for some other silly reason, though he was upset when he found out that Riggs was the person who bought Amelia a drink when she relapsed. 

I don't think the writers have forgotten though, in the last episode Amelia specifically said Owen didn't knew, but didn't know the whole story (the fact that the baby was born without a brain due to her drug usage).

I agree, and don't understand the assumption that there's going to be some kind of retcon. Whatever secret that may be revealed between Owen and Amelia could be her relief at not being pregnant and/or not wanting to have a baby at all.

4 hours ago, BaseOps said:

Why do I have a feeling that rather than just having a conversation, episode 9 will have Meredith & Riggs finally kissing again - only for Maggie to be in the right place at the right time and see it happen. 

Of course,  I see it the same way. Maggie will walk on them as they are making out on the sofa in the living room of their house.

Edited by Nobodysfan

And I swear it was already known on GA in general through Derek and/or Addison talking about it before she was even a fully realized character that was seen on screen. It is, everyone knows.

A couple of seasons ago there was a patient who freaked out in the hallway because she recognized Amelia from NA and Owen was there. Owen even talked to Derek about whether or not she was fit for her job, etc. I'm pretty sure that the women even made the fact that Ryan overdosed public.

I don't blame Jo for what Alex did, that lands entirely on him, but I certainly don't feel any sympathy for her. Wasn't it just last season that she made a huge deal about Alex not telling her about Izzie's eggs? Meanwhile she's married and leading him on to think that she wants to get married. I get why she'd have kept it a secret from him at first, but they've been in a relationship for years; did she think it was never going to come up or come out? She really did him wrong by lying all this time and then telling someone as random as DeLuca. 

Of course Jo lying is on Jo and she's lost Alex because of it.  And yes, there's definitely a few times in previous seasons that make it just plain weird that she's married. And, who knows what even happened in their relationship during the year time jump. But, it is what it is because now its been revealed that she's married.  I had high hopes for Jo's storyline but that's basically gone now.  She apparently doesn't care, says a line here and there and eats a cookie.

Edited by windsprints
  • Love 1
47 minutes ago, windsprints said:

don't blame Jo for what Alex did, that lands entirely on him, but I certainly don't feel any sympathy for her. Wasn't it just last season that she made a huge deal about Alex not telling her about Izzie's eggs? Meanwhile she's married and leading him on to think that she wants to get married. I get why she'd have kept it a secret from him at first, but they've been in a relationship for years; did she think it was never going to come up or come out? She really did him wrong by lying all this time and then telling someone as random as DeLuca. 

Of course Jo lying is on Jo and she's lost Alex because of it.  And yes, there's definitely a few times in previous seasons that make it just plain weird that she's married. And, who knows what even happened in their relationship during the year time jump. But, it is what it is because now its been revealed that she's married.  I had high hopes for Jo's storyline but that's basically gone now.  She apparently doesn't care, says a line here and there and eats a cookie.

Honestly, I know that Jo being married is canon now, which means that she has been lying and leading Alex on for years.  But it is so blatantly obvious to me that the husband was thought up right before the finale (earlier episodes of that very season completely contradict her being married), that I just can't be furious with her for lying and leading him on.  The most honest and realistic response to Alex asking Jo why she never told him is for her to say "Because I just found out myself."   Of course, this isn't the way its going to go down, but unless the show can completely write their way out of the contradictions, then I just don't see Jo as someone who has maliciously and selfishly treated Alex this way.  Regardless of what the writers are trying (badly) to tell me now.  Jo definitely has her faults, but treating Alex poorly and doing harm to him on purpose has never been one of them.  

• Love 3
1 hour ago, windsprints said:

Hey! To be fair, sometimes she eats chips too lol. 

But no, I get it. I get that as a Jo fan it would be an incredibly frustrating position to be in - the way that they ended last season made it seem like she'd be a major part of the storytelling, but it seems that instead they've pushed her to the side and perhaps into a strange (and misguided) triangle with DeLuca. But is it even a triangle if Alex doesn't care? He barely acknowledges her. As a fan of Alex and someone who has always just been neutral with Jo, I don't mind much - more than anything, it's frustrating to have the back and forth, because it keeps both characters in limbo. That's why, to me, I sort of wish they'd just wrap up Alex / Jo ASAP and either write her off or have them both move on. 

• Love 2

The most honest and realistic response to Alex asking Jo why she never told him is for her to say "Because I just found out myself."

They could have gone full on soap and had her have amnesia and that's why she has a new name and didn't recall being married, lol.

That's why, to me, I sort of wish they'd just wrap up Alex / Jo ASAP and either write her off or have them both move on.

I'm sure that's how most fans that want Alex/Meredith feel.  If Jolex breaks up for good I still don't want her with DeLuca.  Let her take Riggs away from both Grey sisters.

• Love 2
19 minutes ago, windsprints said:

If Jolex breaks up for good I still don't want her with DeLuca.

I don't think I'd be against her with someone else eventually. Alex has annoyed me with her since season 11. It just bugs me that even now that they're finished they still won't give her any focus or a storyline of her own. I just don't get it. I get she's not popular on these boards but I don't think she's that bad certainly no worse a character then Steph, Amelia and even Maggie at times. I just don't get what the big difference is between her and every other female in the cast that she can't get any storyline from her point of view. It's insane and embarrassing given they centred a season finale on her reveal of abuse.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, windsprints said:

I'm sure that's how most fans that want Alex/Meredith feel.  If Jolex breaks up for good I still don't want her with DeLuca.  Let her take Riggs away from both Grey sisters.

Well I'm not a fan who wants Alex/Meredith so I can't speak to that. My perception of Alex/Jo as a couple has nothing to do with Meredith. I'd just rather Alex be paired with literally anyone else if the writers have no interest in writing him with Jo or developing her as a separate character with any interesting point of view. They've had two years of static, regardless of the reason, so I just don't feel like there's much for me to cling to there. I'd be happy with them as a couple if the writers suddenly started writing for Jo, but it just doesn't seem to be in the cards. We have an episode coming up with flashbacks to Steph's past (in addition to Richard and probably Meredith and Owen) - why not, given the current 'arc', explore Jo's past rather than going back to the sickle cell story for Steph (Jerrika confirmed this is what the flashbacks were about)? It seems like they just don't care, and their negligence with Jo has left me really cold to her. I don't feel any real reason to root for her or care about her and Alex, especially when it seems like Alex doesn't care. On a show like Grey's couplings and stories change so often and so quickly, and yet these two have gone nowhere in 5 years. I think we should have an idea by the winter finale whether they plan to push Alex / Jo any further or finally split them up. 

Edited by BaseOps

I don't think I'd be against her with someone else eventually.

I'm not against it either but I don't want it to be DeLuca.  If Jolex is over (not what I am rooting for) and she moves along I don't want her to carry all that baggage into the new relationship.  Plus, I don't share the popular opinion that DeLuca is such a great guy. I thought he was kind of shitty to Maggie. He pushed her to make the relationship public then dumped her almost immediately after she did. She's an attending who made it public that she was sleeping with a student because that is what he wanted. 

I don't think Jolex is done anyway. The arc is far from over. The trial hasn't even started yet and Jo's past hasn't even been revealed. Alex went to Jo initially and wanted her back. Once the trial/jail (cause I really can't see him doing time) is behind him he may want to try to get Jo back as part of getting his life back. Right now he seems resigned to the fact that he's going to jail so it makes sense (to me) that he would be in a kind of limbo.  

Its being dragged out and I find that aggravating but unfortunately that happens often on this show.  Fans all have their favorites and not everyone cares about Jolex. I get that, I don't give a shit about Maggie and Meredith's middle school triangle. To each their own.

Edited by windsprints
  • Love 3
13 hours ago, windsprints said:

I'm not against it either but I don't want it to be DeLuca.  If Jolex is over (not what I am rooting for) and she moves along I don't want her to carry all that baggage into the new relationship.  Plus, I don't share the popular opinion that DeLuca is such a great guy. I thought he was kind of shitty to Maggie. He pushed her to make the relationship public then dumped her almost immediately after she did. She's an attending who made it public that she was sleeping with a student because that is what he wanted. 

I don't think Jolex is done anyway. The arc is far from over. The trial hasn't even started yet and Jo's past hasn't even been revealed. Alex went to Jo initially and wanted her back. Once the trial/jail (cause I really can't see him doing time) is behind him he may want to try to get Jo back as part of getting his life back. Right now he seems resigned to the fact that he's going to jail so it makes sense (to me) that he would be in a kind of limbo.  

Its being dragged out and I find that aggravating but unfortunately that happens often on this show.  Fans all have their favorites and not everyone cares about Jolex. I get that, I don't give a shit about Maggie and Meredith's middle school triangle. To each their own.

I have liked the Jo/DeLuca scenes for the most part, and under different circumstances, wouldn't hate them together romantically, although I also think that DeLuca isn't really all that equipped to handle Jo's darkness either.  Jo certainly needs all the friends she can get.  But, the absolute last thing she needs is to fall into another relationship, seeing as how she is only defined by her previous relationship now.  That, and there is just no one else that I want Alex to end up with.  

While I won't be shocked if they eventually go the Merlex route, I agree that Jo and Alex aren't done yet either at this point.  Jo has been pretty cold, but Alex has already said that he wants to make things right with her and come home and he definitely seemed affected by her presence in the first clinic episode.  I mean, they do own a house together, but I guess that isn't going to be addressed.  It would be nice to get a scene of them having a real conversation, however.

The one scene that I didn't like was DeLuca getting pissy with Jo about talking to Alex, and then Jo justifying it.  DeLuca came across as pretty condescending and tinged with that O'Malley-esque "nice guy" quality that grates on me.  He has every single right to hate Alex and to think that Alex is a horrible person, but he doesn't have the right to pout when his brand new friend Jo talks to Alex, for any reason.  Either way, I didn't see any kind of romantic interest on Jo's part in that scene, thank god.

Edited by Deanie87
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, Deanie87 said:

I have liked the Jo/DeLuca scenes for the most part, and under different circumstances, wouldn't hate them together romantically, although I also think that DeLuca isn't really all that equipped to handle Jo's darkness either.  Jo certainly needs all the friends she can get.  But, the absolute last thing she needs is to fall into another relationship, seeing as how she is only defined by her previous relationship now.  That, and there is just no one else that I want Alex to end up with.  

While I won't be shocked if they eventually go the Merlex route, I agree that Jo and Alex aren't done yet either at this point.  Jo has been pretty cold, but Alex has already said that he wants to make things right with her and come home and he definitely seemed affected by her presence in the first clinic episode.  I mean, they do own a house together, but I guess that isn't going to be addressed.  It would be nice to get a scene of them having a real conversation, however.

The one scene that I didn't like was DeLuca getting pissy with Jo about talking to Alex, and then Jo justifying it.  DeLuca came across as pretty condescending and tinged with that O'Malley-esque "nice guy" quality that grates on me.  He has every single right to hate Alex and to think that Alex is a horrible person, but he doesn't have the right to pout when his brand new friend Jo talks to Alex, for any reason.  Either way, I didn't see any kind of romantic interest on Jo's part in that scene, thank god.

Thank god for someone else who finds George's nice guy-quality grating! He added a lot of good things to the show, but my god he could be a sanctimonious, hypocritical arsehole. And yes, had the exakt same problem with DeLuca in that ridiculousy heavy-handed scene. I do think he has a right to be pissy (feel betrayed) if his friend appears to also be friendly with someone who beat him so badly he might have died. I doubt very much that I'd be able to trust anyone enough to have a meaningful relationship with them if they still maintained a friendly relationship with some dude who'd almost killed me. If they'd framed it that way, I would've been sympathetic. But of course that scene wasn't about exploring DeLuca's dark feelings of now living in a world he can no longer trust and having trouble finding his footing again after a huge trauma. Why bother with that, when they could just have him start reciting the Nice Guy Anthem at Jo instead.

I think one reason it's been difficult for many viewers (certainly for me) to believe that Alex is genuinely upset about losing Jo is that that one measly scene framed it as bascially just part of getting his life back. Freedom, check. Work, check. Girlfriend, check. It didn't seem to be about Jo as a person, about Alex wanting and needing to solve things with her as a specific individual, rather than just returning to status quo. Much like the writers, he hasn't seemed intersted in her pov.

I don't have strong feelings one way or the other about possible MerLex, but I can aready say that that relationship would be believeable to me in a way that Jolex never has been. Because Alex and Meredith are interested in each other, are real to each other. They listen to each other, can reign each other in when they need to. I've never seen romance between them, but I've never doubted that they love each other, that they're central in each other's lives. In contrast, Alex barely seems to even know Jo, and she's clearly not a priority for him.

• Love 1

Not quite a spoiler, but some nice news: there will be no extended 3-month break this year! Grey's / Scandal / HTGAWM (TGIT) return from Winter hiatus on January 19th this year, rather than waiting until Feb like last season.

Edited by BaseOps
  • Love 3

Hmm. Maybe that's why the weird out of order filming? Scandal has 16 episodes, so if they all end at the same time maybe GA actually got a couple more episodes rather than less and they're just using small portions of the cast in each?

Would explain why we haven't had any table read info beyond the mid season finale. They're all filming different episodes.

• Love 1
42 minutes ago, CED9 said:

Hmm. Maybe that's why the weird out of order filming? Scandal has 16 episodes, so if they all end at the same time maybe GA actually got a couple more episodes rather than less and they're just using small portions of the cast in each?

Would explain why we haven't had any table read info beyond the mid season finale. They're all filming different episodes.

With 9 episodes airing before the break, GA will have 15 to air in the back-half of the season assuming they stick with the regular 24-episode order. There are 18 Thursdays between the premiere date (January 19) and the likely target for the finale (May 18). They'll likely have a few weeks with repeats / preemptions and then maybe a 2-hour episode of Scandal one week or a 2-hour premiere for The Catch. 

Then why don't they just write her off... Seriously. As much as it pains me to say that because she's my favourite character but if they're only going to throw her further under the bus and into irrelevance why in the world would they keep her? Let camilla move onto something where she's not getting unjustified hate spewed at her, where she has the chance to act! And then Alex is free to be a sister and continue to step back years in development as much as they want. 

That really is a weird mix though considering that it's in a car! I wonder why the three of them are together.

Question: What can you tell us about Sara Ramirez returning to Grey’s Anatomy? —Gloria
Ausiello: I thought I might have an exciting update for you today, but, alas, there’s still no news on that front. My Callie scoop antennae experienced a bit of a jolt earlier this week when I heard through the grapevine that Grey’s is about to go into production on an episode set entirely onboard a commercial airliner as a crisis unfolds mid-flight. (An ABC rep declined to comment.) It’s not clear which of the docs will be on the manifest when said emergency erupts, but given Callie and Arizona’s shared, bi-coastal custody arrangement with Sofia, it seemed like a perfect opportunity to bring Ramirez back for a kickass standalone episode. Sadly, a source close to the actress tells me there are no current plans for her to return. Still, sounds like it’ll be a cool, emotionally fraught episode, especially considering what went down four years ago.

Question: Can you tell us if Leah is going to be Arizona’s love interest on Grey’s Anatomy? —Ashley
Ausiello: I could, but I’d be lying. This is Arizona’s new love interest.

Off topic, but Ausiello gave me an interesting idea (that will never happen, but now I just want to get it out there / discuss it). It would be so amazing if Shonda got Sandra Oh back for a one-off episode that was basically all Cristina, maybe with a bookend of Meredith and Alex, just totally disrupting whatever ridiculous storylines are going on at the time. Give us an intense, funny, sexy, and insane Cristina-centric episode set in Switzerland or on her way back to Seattle for a visit... anywhere, really. Doing this with any character who has left could be really interesting, especially Cristina, Callie or Izzie

• Love 6
18 minutes ago, BaseOps said:

Off topic, but Ausiello gave me an interesting idea (that will never happen, but now I just want to get it out there / discuss it). It would be so amazing if Shonda got Sandra Oh back for a one-off episode that was basically all Cristina, maybe with a bookend of Meredith and Alex, just totally disrupting whatever ridiculous storylines are going on at the time. Give us an intense, funny, sexy, and insane Cristina-centric episode set in Switzerland or on her way back to Seattle for a visit... anywhere, really. Doing this with any character who has left could be really interesting, especially Cristina, Callie or Izzie

That would be fun. I'd like to see separate one-off episodes with all three of those characters. Just throw them in anywhere in a season, would be better than a filler episode for sure. Cristina and Callie, anyway, still have ties and still interact off screen with the some of the characters, so it wouldn't be too out of left field. 

13 seasons in, Shonda and the writers can afford to have some fun like this. Providing they could get the actresses to sign on for it. 

We could dream! 

Edited by funnygirl

I really want to know what Izzie is up to. I mean, we're getting an update on freakin' Leah Murphy, but Izzie is out there somewhere and we have no idea what she's achieved, who she's with, etc. I get that Shonda will never let it happen, but I wish in this case for the sake of the series they could just get over it and make it work. Burke came back! I mean, with so many dead characters that can't get updates, it feels odd that there's a pretty beloved character out there who was so integral to the first 6 years of the show, and we'll never get real closure. A reappearance from Izzie would be the single biggest shakeup the series could pull. The ratings would be huge. 

Edited by BaseOps
  • Love 3

I like the idea of Cristina coming back and straightening out all the stories! That was the best part of her character--she was so single minded, she could shortcut anything that wasn't surgery. 

"Yo, Pierce? Riggs isn't interested in you. He wants to bone your sister. Ask Kepner to help you write a dating profile."

"Alex, did she say she wouldn't marry you or she couldn't marry you? There's a difference. Anyway get your lawyer to cut a deal; you're not a serial killer and you shouldn't have to go to jail." 

"Amelia, for Owen kids are nonnegotiable item, despite the fact he acts like he has all the time in the world to get one, but doesn't have the time to coach Little League. Anyway, go steal one from the daycare, their parents will never know they're gone." 

"Avery, Kepner--you're in each other's pockets in a gross codependent way anywY, just remarry for the kid keep the hate in the home."

"Give me those chips, Wilson. All them."

• Love 9
6 minutes ago, windsprints said:

Tonight's episode will only have Meredith, Owen, Stephanie and Richard in it according to this TV Guide interview with JH:

http://www.tvguide.com/news/greys-anatomy-spoilers-jerrika-hinton-stephanie-flashback/

I'm skipping. No stories will be moved ahead and other than Richard I don't care. If Richard's parts sound interesting I can watch just that tomorrow.

lol literally my thoughts exactly. I will never understand how these writers think - we are 2 episodes away from a massive break again and instead of building momentum with the important stories of the season we get a useless stand alone that could be used as filler if they needed it later on in the season. I mean, is that just not terrible decision making in pace and continuity?! It's like the Meredith attack episode - we came back from massive cliffhangers that required explanation and attention, yet instead get half assed answers through Merediths eyes, when the stories in question didn't even include her!! God that annoyed me, and here we are again. They never learn and things never change. And the quality of the show continues to nosedive.

• Love 3

I agree with you on the timing.  There's so much that could be covered prior to the break and we're losing an entire episode. I have no problem with the show wanting to try new things, have some standalone episodes or character centric ones. They just always seem to choose to do it when stories are being dragged out.  I only wish they'd do these types of episodes in the middle of March or something. Oh well. 

• Love 1

regarding next week's promo....we finally get to see Jo tell Alex she is already married...stop the presses.  Although I wouldn't put it past the promo editors to have cut that and she's actually telling someone else.  Either way at least we are guaranteed to see Jo and Alex next week (mid-season finale, just as many of us expected).  Kind of a shame they didn't have Jo in tonight's episode considering how much of her past we don't know anything about.  

Edited by Greysaddict
  • Love 3

I could even see it going the other way and that's the last scene of the episode with Jo's confession. However, yes, they could have had Jo in place of Stephanie and brought up so much of her past right there. Then it would be fitting. 

• Love 1

regarding next week's promo....we finally get to see Jo tell Alex she is already married...stop the presses.  Although I wouldn't put it past the promo editors to have cut that and she's actually telling someone else.  Either way at least we are guaranteed to see Jo and Alex next week (mid-season finale, just as many of us expected).  Kind of a shame they didn't have Jo in tonight's episode considering how much of her past we don't know anything about.

I just watched the promo and I agree, I definitely think she's telling someone other than Alex. I'm happy its finally moving forward but sucks that we will have to wait months again. Once again Jolex will a cliffhanger plot then probably get no followup like last year when the first episode back was all Meredith.  I also agree that its a shame they wasted the chance to include some Jo backstory to give more depth to the ongoing storyline. 

• Love 1

I don't think Jo is telling him either. Given she currently only features on the show to service either Alex or DeLuca development and storyline I'd say the above is a redderring and her screentime will remain minimum. The secret itself will drag on forever until it comes to a lacklustre halt probably with no real resolution. 

I'm sure that Jo isn't telling Alex.  My hope is that she is telling someone who Alex trusts, like Mer, Arizona or even Richard, so that Jo will have someone sympathetic in her court when Alex finds out.  My guess, though, is that it is Stephanie or Leah, who are in no position to advocate for Jo with Alex at all.  

And I guess the trial won't start until after the break.  Good god the pacing on this show is atrocious.

• Love 1

I'm really excited about the winter finale, though it's quite odd that both 'major' storylines have been on hold for a few weeks now (Meredith / Riggs / Maggie + Alex / Jo / Deluca). I hope we see both long-gestating truths finally come out. Ideally, I'd love to see: 

- Alex talks to Jo before the trial, trying to apologize for everything and ask her how she's been: she counters by telling him what really happened with DeLuca and confessing that she's married. 

- Meredith finally admits that she has feelings for Riggs and then breaks the news to Maggie. 

Realistically, we'll get: 

- Maggie walking in on a Meredith / Riggs kiss 

- DeLuca professing his love for Jo

The above made me laugh as that's exactly what I see happening. 

Id say if Jo has any scenes with Alex I'll only be to further Andrews crush. I think if the writers had any legit interest in keeping Jolex together they'd have given them (Jo mainly) some sort of storyline rather then the nothing that they got.

Id say if Alex doesn't end the season in a scene with whichever sister needs a prop he'll end it watching JoLuca hanging out and get the wrong idea.

i don't think there'll be any plot progress at all.

4 hours ago, BaseOps said:

I'm really excited about the winter finale, though it's quite odd that both 'major' storylines have been on hold for a few weeks now (Meredith / Riggs / Maggie + Alex / Jo / Deluca). I hope we see both long-gestating truths finally come out. Ideally, I'd love to see: 

- Alex talks to Jo before the trial, trying to apologize for everything and ask her how she's been: she counters by telling him what really happened with DeLuca and confessing that she's married. 

- Meredith finally admits that she has feelings for Riggs and then breaks the news to Maggie. 

Realistically, we'll get: 

- Maggie walking in on a Meredith / Riggs kiss 

- DeLuca professing his love for Jo

I hope that Maggie looks like Meredith and Nathan kissing and then Meredith Maggie also tells the truth. She can not deny it with Nathan. It would be worse if Maggie Meredith and Nathan caught each other in bed.

I'm beginning to think that they will just skip the trial altogether and there will be a time jump, per usual and we will hear all about it when the show returns.  I haven't really seen much about the trial itself, other than Jo saying she has to testify.  There haven't been any court scenes in the promos and as far as I'm aware, no BTS court stuff.  I really wanted to see Alex's defense and his real time reaction to the verdict, as well as Jo and DeLuca's testimony, but it just doesn't seem to be happening.  It doesn't really makes sense for the show to return with the trial, that seems much more of a cliffhanger-y thing, but a lot about the show doesn't make sense to me these days so it won't surprise me.

• Love 1