Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Spoiler Speculation: Benchmarking

• Start Topic

I have no idea what Callie and Arizona's role in the finale will be. You had Kevin saying something resparks between them unexpectedly, and Sara and Jessica didn't film at the wedding, they both wrapped in late April. Then Debbie tweeted that pic with them where they were both in street clothes and clearly not at the hospital.

I think it'll just be a scene or two with Sofia since the little girl who plays her is in the episode.

I saw a theory that Arizona comes by with Sofia only to find Callie drunk and takes care of her and truths come out, but I truly have no clue with the other big stuff going on.

3 hours ago, funnygirl said:

I get the feeling Callie is going to end up in New York with Penny in the finale. She seems pushed to the brink and defeated, by her own doing but nonetheless, and the breakup with Penny was too cut and dry that I feel they will revisit their relationship. Not that we'll see Penny again, thank goodness that waste of space is gone forever. But I do think there is a chance that once Arizona and Callie find middle ground in the finale, Callie will be on the first flight out to New York. Exit Sara Ramirez, being one of maybe two shocking moments in the finale. I think whatever is going on with Jo will be the other. 

That's interesting. I thought it was odd that they had her break up with Penny in 12x23 and abruptly end the 'will she/won't she?' thing hanging over the series regarding Sara's contract. Maybe they're going for a sudden dramatic exit. 

(edited)

via Spoiler Room:

What is Jo hiding from Alex on Grey’s Anatomy? — CamillaLNews
You mean why she turned down his proposal? That will be explained in full in the finale. “I was really shocked that she turned him down,” Camilla Luddington tells me. “I definitely thought that she was going to say yes by the end of the season. It is confusing because I do think that she adores him. I think they’ve been getting along really well. We haven’t seen them fighting, so it makes you question what else is going on there. I feel like we haven’t scratched the surface of why it is a no.”

I’m sensing another Denny situation here with Stephanie and Kyle. How will she deal after his death on Grey’s Anatomy? — Helga
Even though I already answered one Grey’s Anatomy question, I’m going to do something I never do and actually give you a BONUSpiece of scoop. Why? Because I’m generous. And because, the truth is, we’re not going to see the full extent of how she feels in the finale given that it’s so focused on Amelia and Owen’s wedding. “What we do see is that it is still weighing very heavily on her, and Jo isn’t exactly sympathetic to that,” Jerrika Hinton says. “Jo has her own stuff that she’s much more concerned with.” (See above.) “It’s real deep grieving. There’s the anger at the situation, anger at herself, disappointment with the way that her colleagues have handled the surgery. There’s tons of blame going around, tons of guilt within herself.”

Edited by windsprints
(edited)

So I guess we'll never know what the point of bringing Penny in was, if that was going to be her send-off. Unless, of course, they complete the character assassination of Callie and have her leave Seattle after all the mess she caused and join Penny in NY off-screen, but I still think that's unlikely.

On the other hand, it's clear now that "Meredith is brutally assaulted and is in MORTAL DANGER!!!!1" was nothing more than a ratings ploy after a long hiatus. It meant nothing in the grand scheme of things. She still treats everyone like crap when she feels like it and it turned out that the thing that's keeping Jo and Alex apart is something entirely different.

Also, why the hell was DeLuca made a regular, except to look really, really (and I mean, really) pretty for his 30 seconds of screen-time per episode?

And a huge LOL if Stephanie is going to treat this like losing the love of her life, which she probably will. 

Edited by Joana
  • Love 3
(edited)

I guess Stephanie won't be leaving: http://www.tvguide.com/news/the-toast-abc-shonda-rhimes-jerrika-hinton/?ftag=TVG_Twitter

On the other hand, it's clear now that "Meredith is brutally assaulted and is in MORTAL DANGER!!!!1" was nothing more than a ratings ploy after a long hiatus. It meant nothing in the grand scheme of things. She still treats everyone like crap when she feels like it and it turned out that the thing that's keeping Jo and Alex apart is something entirely different.

ITA. No shock really. Nothing ever really comes from Meredith's peril episodes; they never do much to change her.

Edited by windsprints

So I guess we'll never know what the point of bringing Penny in was, if that was going to be her send-off. Unless, of course, they complete the character assassination of Callie and have her leave Seattle after all the mess she caused and join Penny in NY off-screen, but I still think that's unlikely.

I'm still going with my thought that Callie, whether she knew it or not, was trying to get away from having to see Arizona every day. 

Callie saying that she's "stuck" in Seattle stood out to me because in 11x05 her reason for breaking up with Arizona was that she didn't want to be "stuck being with someone who feels stuck." 

5 minutes ago, CED9 said:

and why bother having Arizona disgusted every time she see's Callie's puppy eyes if they plan to have a Calzona reunion which I can see will never happen and if it happens in the final it will be so unrealistic. This reunion will need all of season 13 and some to undo the damage the writers have done. 

19 minutes ago, Catznip said:

and why bother having Arizona disgusted every time she see's Callie's puppy eyes if they plan to have a Calzona reunion which I can see will never happen and if it happens in the final it will be so unrealistic. This reunion will need all of season 13 and some to undo the damage the writers have done. 

I think they could have a moment without it being a full blown reunion. 

If Sara were leaving, you'd think they would've given Arizona a new love interest on screen this season rather than having her date around off screen and being BFFs with Weber. I don't know if Jessica's pregnancy played a role in that, but it shouldn't have.

1 hour ago, windsprints said:

So I guess Jo isn't going to say yes next week either?  Was that an oops?  Also, does anyone else ever get the feeling that Jerrika has something personal against the character of Jo?  Not Camilla, but Jo.  Whenever she talks about any kind of Jo/Stephanie situation, it always comes off as...negative for some reason.  She sort of did the same thing in the Jackson/April situation.  Maybe she is just extra defensive of her character, I don't know.  It always rubs me the wrong way.

• Love 2
On May 12, 2016 at 7:08 PM, windsprints said:

Puts a damper on a wedding for Owen/Amelia if they're going to say Cristina was his only great love. If that's what comes out of it I hope Amelia calls off the wedding.

I'm telling you, Meredith and Owen should be together, lol. She hates people because he says so, now (potentially) he can't love anyone because she says so - they're so alike. They can be together and forever pine for their one great loves. Let others move on and open their heart to loving someone else.

I agree. I've always thought they would be a match! Haha

• Love 1
1 hour ago, CED9 said:

I think they could have a moment without it being a full blown reunion. 

If Sara were leaving, you'd think they would've given Arizona a new love interest on screen this season rather than having her date around off screen and being BFFs with Weber. I don't know if Jessica's pregnancy played a role in that, but it shouldn't have.

I agree if they have any moment it'll most probably involve Sofia and be no were near a reunion, as it should be, if they throw them together in the finale it'll insulting to Calzona fans.

They've not knowing if Sara was leaving or not so I think they would have always held back on any Arizona love interest, I'm not even sure they knew if she was staying when the finale was being written.

(edited)

I think the writers have had a good idea about who would and wouldn't be returning for at least a little while. We're all on the edge of our seats about Sara, but I don't think she'd leave it to negotiations to decide. If she thought she was walking away, she (and I believe) Shonda would want to craft a specific send-off for Callie. She has been a huge part of the series for 10+ years, and I believe Callie has always been one of Shonda's favourite characters. I think if she's in negotiations, it means she obviously wants to return. That doesn't mean things don't change, but I think this storyline was more crafted at the beginning of the season when things were more up in the air, and now it's more playing off of us not knowing. I hope the finale isn't a cliffhanger in that aspect and address Callie's status either way. 

What do we believe are the odds of Meghan turning up next week? I'm at 99.9% - only because the show does surprise me sometimes. I've been sure this was going to happen for a while now. I hate how the story progressed, though. It was so spotty and sort of disappeared. I can see this though: Riggs and Mer are keeping their hook-up a secret, Maggie confessed to Mer that she has a crush on him, and then his ex shows up. End of season. Will they really want to parallel season 1 that hard, though? (Mer sleeps with a guy and then his wife shows up.) 

Edited by BaseOps

It was more crafted to give Penny a reason to turn up at the dinner party as a surprise to Meredith. Everything after that was pretty pointless.

Those fans that were at the church they were filming at gave away one kind of big, but unsurprising spoiler for the finale, so I do kind of wonder where they're taking all of this next season.

1 minute ago, CED9 said:

It was more crafted to give Penny a reason to turn up at the dinner party as a surprise to Meredith. Everything after that was pretty pointless.

Those fans that were at the church they were filming at gave away one kind of big, but unsurprising spoiler for the finale, so I do kind of wonder where they're taking all of this next season.

What was the spoiler if you don't might sharing?

• Love 1
(edited)
13 minutes ago, gator12 said:

What was the spoiler if you don't might sharing?

Amelia booked it from the church in her dress in the rain.

Edited by CED9
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, CED9 said:

But they could have easily cut it off after that episode. They had to have known when she signed back on that it was a long-term story for Callie. I think so, anyway. I mean I agree that her reentry was largely for that episode alone, in a sense, but I think they always had these long-term plans for Penny / Callie / Arizona.

1 hour ago, CED9 said:

Amelia booked it from the church in her dress in the rain.

Not surprising... but very annoying. How much more Owen/Amelia will-they-won't-they can they possibly play? 

Maybe Amelia changes her mind and they marry at the very end. Or, maybe its all setup for a shock and someone else marries at the end instead. Like when Alex/Izzie married instead of MerDer. Just tossing out some ideas. The promo gives away the wedding plus April going into labor. There has to be some big surprise in there.

What do we believe are the odds of Meghan turning up next week? I'm at 99.9%

I'm going with she won't show yet. I think they will wait until the relationship (assuming one builds) moves beyond them just having sex. There's really no emotional attachment right now so if Megan showed up would it really impact Meredith all that much other than needing to find a new man to have sex with? She could always call Thorpe again and just leave Nathan to Megan.

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, BaseOps said:

Not surprising... but very annoying. How much more Owen/Amelia will-they-won't-they can they possibly play? 

It's rapidly approaching the Ross/Rachel levels of annoying. I'd understand it if it was a couple viewers cared for or were deeply invested in, but I don't think anyone is really here for Owen and Amelia. Have them live happily ever after with a bunch of kids in a dream house of their own, fine. Or have them break up and never speak to each other again, whatever. Just make up your damn mind about it already.

I don't think this Megan person will appear in the next episode. Having her pop up at the wedding of her brother of all times would be over the top ridiculous drama even for this show. The only thing worse would be her appearing at Meredith's and Nathan's wedding, which I'm sure has crossed the mind of at least one writer on the show at least once. 

40 minutes ago, windsprints said:

Maybe Amelia changes her mind and they marry at the very end. Or, maybe its all setup for a shock and someone else marries at the end instead. Like when Alex/Izzie married instead of MerDer. Just tossing out some ideas. The promo gives away the wedding plus April going into labor. There has to be some big surprise in there.

I'm going with she won't show yet. I think they will wait until the relationship (assuming one builds) moves beyond them just having sex. There's really no emotional attachment right now so if Megan showed up would it really impact Meredith all that much other than needing to find a new man to have sex with? She could always call Thorpe again and just leave Nathan to Megan.

I really hope she doesn't show... but I feel like if they wait any longer, people are almost going to forget about it. I don't know. It just seems to strange for them to have mentioned that she was never found and then the whole Owen / Riggs story sort of just disappeared or tapered off. It's those types of inconsistencies that have really let me down this season. But it probably would be better suited for a moment when Riggs has some stronger love connection. I wonder what the major cliffhanger is going to be, because earlier in the season I had no doubt it would be Megan's arrival. 

36 minutes ago, Joana said:

It's rapidly approaching the Ross/Rachel levels of annoying. I'd understand it if it was a couple viewers cared for or were deeply invested in, but I don't think anyone is really here for Owen and Amelia. Have them live happily ever after with a bunch of kids in a dream house of their own, fine. Or have them break up and never speak to each other again, whatever. Just make up your damn mind about it already.

This. To be fair, I'm not a big Amelia fan. Do the majority of Amelia fans like this pairing? I'm sure it's nice to see her happy, but it never seems to last. Her and Owen have just been so sloppily written as a 'couple'. Her jumping into a wedding this quickly seems weird to me. 

But they could have easily cut it off after that episode. They had to have known when she signed back on that it was a long-term story for Callie. I think so, anyway. I mean I agree that her reentry was largely for that episode alone, in a sense, but I think they always had these long-term plans for Penny / Callie / Arizona.

I agree. That's why I don't think a C/A reunion is as far fetched as some assume. They literally didn't interact on screen at all for the longest time and then all of the sudden they got thrown together again where they were fine for a couple episodes and then this whole custody crap. They have no choice but to work something out for the sake of their kid. 

• Love 1

I don't think a C/A reunion is as far fetched as some assume

I'm with you. I've thought all of this could lead to a moment at the end of the season to setup a path back next season if Sara wasn't leaving.

Do the majority of Amelia fans like this pairing?

I can only speak for myself - I like Amelia and I don't care for the pairing. I don't think Owen and Amelia are well matched and I don't see a lot of chemistry. I'm totally serious when I say I think Owen and Meredith's personalities are a better match.  I think Owen/Amelia will go on though. I don't think they'll bother trying to pair them with others.

Also, does anyone else ever get the feeling that Jerrika has something personal against the character of Jo?  Not Camilla, but Jo.  Whenever she talks about any kind of Jo/Stephanie situation, it always comes off as...negative for some reason.  

I get that too. I don't really want another fight between the two as I found the last one so ridiculous and one sided. I don't see how it's on Jo that Stephanie is sad that her boyfriend of one week is dead but I've no doubt Stephanie will again read her a new one for no great reason.

also I thought Stephanie was supposed to do something shocking soon?

(edited)

If Jo isn't married, I think she might be living with stolen identity. 

As for Callie, considering how tragical she was looking in the last episode, I think she might attempt a suicide and the season will be ending on a cliffhanger. If she lives in the next season, the suicide attempt will confirm for everyone that she has been the most unfortunate victim of just wanting to love and be loved and everyone will feel sorry for her and try to talk Arizona into treating her like nothing bad happened.  (You're right, I've never much liked Callie.)

Edited by may.be
missing word
2 hours ago, Chas411 said:

also I thought Stephanie was supposed to do something shocking soon?

Dumping Kyle with a note was her shocking, horrible thing. 

2 hours ago, may.be said:

If Jo isn't married, I think she might be living with stolen identity. 

As for Callie, considering how tragical she was looking in the last episode, I think she might attempt a suicide and the season will be ending on a cliffhanger. If she lives in the next season, the suicide attempt will confirm for everyone that she has been the most unfortunate victim of just wanting to love and be loved and everyone will feel sorry for her and try to talk Arizona into treating her like nothing bad happened.  (You're right, I've never much liked Callie.)

Yes she looked very sad... But why would she attempt suicide? She hasn't lost her daughter indefinitely, still has visitation rights. Besides, I don't think Shonda will allow anymore  tragedy to the only positive lgbt characters on national TV.  

1 hour ago, Catznip said:

Yes she looked very sad... But why would she attempt suicide? She hasn't lost her daughter indefinitely, still has visitation rights. Besides, I don't think Shonda will allow anymore  tragedy to the only positive lgbt characters on national TV.  

It's just a feeling I have. I sure hope it doesn't happen and they will deal with the whole situation in an at least somewhat dignified and constructive way. 

It is somewhere that is not to remain without consequences alleged sex between Meredith and Nathan and they continue to have sex. I can not imagine that both have prevented. They have used a condom.

I imagine it like this. There are supposed to take a few weeks between 12x23 and 12x24. Meredith learns that she is pregnant and wants to tell Nathan. And in that moment appeared to Megan.

(edited)

I highly doubt they will Meredith pregnant with Nathan's child.  I just don't see them going there.  Grey's may be a soap, but that is way too over the top.  

My thoughts on the finale....If Jo and Alex don't pick up at the exact moment where they left off I will be so super pissed.  I hope this jump thats supposed to happen, happens throughout the episode.  Like we see the wedding coming together as time passes within the episode. 

As far as the wedding, my guess is that Amelia runs from the church and Meredith is the one who convinces her to go back and get married (and I think the wedding does happen).  

I know Penny isn't listed in the finale, but do you think we are really done with her??  I am not convinced that was the last we've seen of her.

Edited by Greysaddict
  • Love 2
25 minutes ago, Greysaddict said:

I highly doubt they will Meredith pregnant with Nathan's child.  I just don't see them going there.  Grey's may be a soap, but that is way too over the top.  

My thoughts on the finale....If Jo and Alex don't pick up at the exact moment where they left off I will be so super pissed.  I hope this jump thats supposed to happen, happens throughout the episode.  Like we see the wedding coming together as time passes within the episode. 

As far as the wedding, my guess is that Amelia runs from the church and Meredith is the one who convinces her to go back and get married (and I think the wedding does happen).  

I know Penny isn't listed in the finale, but do you think we are really done with her??  I am not convinced that was the last we've seen of her.

Penny was listed on TVLine's May Sweeps scoreboard under 'Characters That Leave Town' after the last episode, and she isn't listed in the finale... I feel like her job is done. She caused this big Callie / Arizona debacle and she had her last line to Meredith: "Thank you for teaching me." I believe the writers consider that full circle. I hope think she's really gone. 

Also - I wouldn't hold your breath on picking up exactly where we left off. Not just for Jo / Alex, but this season in general has tended to just pick up days / weeks later whenever anything big happens (Mer's attack, Ben / Bailey drama + Ben being suspended, the entire custody case moving at warp speed...) They brush over and rush things now. I don't get how Jo will weeks later be spilling her secret though, so I do hope we see some immediate resolution, but I wouldn't count on it. 

• Love 1
(edited)

If Jo and Alex don't pick up at the exact moment where they left off I will be so super pissed. 

Same, but I'm guessing we're going to be pissed. I think it will be wedding day at the start of the episode. I know I'm cynical but I'm expecting to find out what happened by Alex telling the gals. I'd love to be pleasantly surprised but not counting on it.

I don't think Meredith will be pregnant either. She has 3 kids she ignores now and Maggie doesn't need another to care for with Amelia moving out. Meredith has already had adoption, infertility, dramatic birth and a surprise pregnancy. Also, if they are attempting to ease Meredith into future relationships (Ellen's interview) then no way to the have her get pregnant from the ONS.

Edited by windsprints
  • Love 3
37 minutes ago, Greysaddict said:

I don't think we have seen the last of Penny. If Callie is to redeem her grace,  she needs to apologize to Penny for the blame game.

(edited)

All I ask is that when this big secret gets revealed, we actually get to see Jo reveal it to Alex and then his reaction.  That really and truly shouldn't be a huge thing to ask, but I will be very surprised if that's the way it happened.  Every single important moment for these two ended on some kind of stupid cliffhanger and then we never got to see the immediate aftermath.  And most of the time we had to guess as to how things went because we were never told that either.

In one of her interviews, Camilla mentioned that this situation wouldn't get "glossed over."  I've learned not to completely trust the actors about stuff, but I hope that she was throwing some shade with that statement, considering everything else between them has been glossed over.

I thought for sure that Megan would show up in the finale, but now I agree that it won't cause maximum drama for Meredith, so it may not happen.  I wonder why Amelia bails on the wedding then?  Also, I don't believe that Nathan is just going to be a sexual hookup.  I think it may start that way, cause some drama with Maggie and then they will start to fall for each other.  

Edited by Deanie87
  • Love 2

Windsprints, BaseOps- I realize its more likely that we won't pick up exactly where Jo and Alex left off given that's what's been happening to them for the past two years I just REALLY hope that isn't how it happens.  If it does, then really this has to be some kind of joke in the writers room.  

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, Greysaddict said:

Windsprints, BaseOps- I realize its more likely that we won't pick up exactly where Jo and Alex left off given that's what's been happening to them for the past two years I just REALLY hope that isn't how it happens.  If it does, then really this has to be some kind of joke in the writers room.  

What will piss me off even more is if Jo's reveal happens at the very end of the episode and we don't get Alex's immediate reaction...only to come back 3-6 months later in the premiere with everything having happened offscreen.  Yet I can absolutely see that happening. 

• Love 1

It feels to me like we'll actually get some major Jo / Alex stuff in the finale, but maybe I'm just being optimistic. It sounds from the press release like we actually see Jo reveal her secret, and Camilla seemed to be excited about having a lot to do in the finale. But it seems odd to me that if they do any type of time jump, it'd make no sense for Jo to tell Alex why she said no. However, she also said everyone gets something to do in the finale... that means we're making time for Mer / Riggs, Amelia / Owen, Maggie / her sad Vagina, April / Jackson, Ben / Bailey, Callie / Arizona... maybe DeLuca, Steph, and Richard will get a few lines, too. I think it's going be a lot of Amelia / Owen with some significant moments for everyone else. There's a wedding and a birth... how much more can they fit into 42 minutes? Camilla said by the end of the season you definitely know where they stand, so either they break up or the secret isn't that huge and they end up together and maybe engaged. 

• Love 1

I just REALLY hope that isn't how it happens.

I'm with you! Maybe we'll finally get to see the impact of a big moment for them. Ha, that's it, that's the shock of the finale :)

There's a wedding and a birth... how much more can they fit into 42 minutes?

I agree there's a lot but the wedding itself may not take up much time. IIRC, Cristina/Owen's wedding happened while a song is playing - it was really fast and we never heard the vows.

• Love 1

I'm now wondering if the Megan drama between Owen and Riggs was nothing but a dressed-up stall for Meredith/Riggs. They had to manufacture a reason (other than her widow-dom, I guess) why Meredith wouldn't find a kindred spirit in a guy who'd also lost his spouse. So, they blow up this big Owen/Riggs drama to make Meredith side with Owen (out of loyalty to Cristina) and keep Meredith away from Riggs. I think they thought they were being less obvious, but as usual, they made a simple story so much more convoluted. And now we've heard not a peep about Owen and Riggs in...two, three episodes? Leaving us to wonder exactly what was the point?

Penny was the same way. I loved "Guess Who's Coming to Dinner" and was so excited at the prospect of Penny coming and causing drama, but at the same time providing healing and closure for Meredith -- and for Amelia. Why Penny needed Callie as an exit story, I don't know. It's like they decided to make her pull double duty to keep Callie and Arizona apart and give Callie a storyline. I mean, what would've been wrong with Penny just being made into a better surgeon through Meredith's teaching and discovering through Amelia that her destiny is to be a brilliant neurosurgeon? Talk about something good coming out of Derek's death. To me, Penny's main point of storyline contact should've been Meredith, not Callie. 

My takeaway from these stories is they only feel like developing storylines for certain characters, and the rest (like Owen and Callie) just get thrown whatever new person comes along because they're out of ideas for them.

But I actually like these Amelia spoilers. Running out of her rushed wedding in some odd way would show maturity on Amelia's part (moreso than what I feared: Amelia falling down drunk in her wedding dress, ::sad trombone::). Getting engaged because your patient died and you've been accused of stealing your sister-in-law's life is generally not a good reason to get engaged.

• Love 2

Time-jump is confirmed here

Due to a time jump in the finale, we won’t actually see the morning after, but certainly we’ll learn how they feel about the situation during the season ender. “Neither of them want to have a commitment, at least not to each other, which is funny,” Henderson says. “Meredith interprets Riggs as a certain kind of guy. She projects onto him her fears of what he’s going to now demand of her. We find out that his take on the relationship, if you could call it that, is actually quite different, and it makes her feel a little more relaxed. No one is really putting any pressure on each other. Born out of that is this nice — it’s ambiguous the way it’s written — but it’s going to lead somewhere. But I don’t know where.”

EW has another article up, there's interesting stuff in this one

Before you think Owen and Amelia jumped from engagement to wedding rather quickly, note that there is a bit of a time jump in the finale. But in true Grey’s fashion, the day won’t be without its challenges. “The specter of Cristina is one of the things that’s a big spoke in the wheel for Amelia’s crisis of conscience on her wedding day,” McKidd says. “Meredith has some feelings that are ambivalent, because Meredith is very proud and a mama bear. She was asked by Cristina to be Owen’s protector. She has her issues with Amelia. Meredith and her have a huge blowout on the wedding day.”

Also, it seems like they DO go through with the wedding: 

“It does [seem fast], and it doesn’t,” McKidd tells EW. “These guys have been dancing around each other for quite a few seasons. They kept getting derailed, and then they’re back on track. It’s very Amelia and Owen to act this way. Whether it’s the right decision, we’ll see next season.”

So Meredith yells at Amelia for...marrying the man that her best friend divorced at least eight-ten years ago at this point? This weeks or months after Meredith screamed at Amelia before a surgery for having the audacity to, um, work neurosurgery at Grey-Sloan, do most of the raising of her children, and date Owen and be happy?

Why exactly are we supposed to like Meredith?

• Love 4
(edited)
20 hours ago, Eolivet said:

I'm now wondering if the Megan drama between Owen and Riggs was nothing but a dressed-up stall for Meredith/Riggs. They had to manufacture a reason (other than her widow-dom, I guess) why Meredith wouldn't find a kindred spirit in a guy who'd also lost his spouse. So, they blow up this big Owen/Riggs drama to make Meredith side with Owen (out of loyalty to Cristina) and keep Meredith away from Riggs. I think they thought they were being less obvious, but as usual, they made a simple story so much more convoluted. And now we've heard not a peep about Owen and Riggs in...two, three episodes? Leaving us to wonder exactly what was the point?

I've been thinking something similar, as I totally agree that I am sitting here scratching my head about what the point of the Riggs/Owen drama was.  I can't actually remember what the "truth" was, nor do I even really care.  However, there has to be a reason why they chose to have her helicopter just disappear (rather than a known crash or something).  I highly doubt she'll show up this season, or even early in S13 but I am sure they writers have this story in their back pockets waiting for the right time.  

Also, since everyone knew the instant Martin Henderson was hired that he would wind up romantically paired with Meredith, they tried really hard to establish other relationships before having them hookup (friends with April, enemies with Owen, flirty relationship with Maggie)

Edited by Greysaddict
  • Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, LexieLily said:

Why exactly are we supposed to like Meredith?

I'm not so sure we really are supposed to like her.  From moment one of the show we were to understand that she was damaged.  And then we see how a damaged person plays out.  Sometimes I like her, sometimes I can't stand her. Having said that, I always do kind of root for her to figure it out and get better.

Edited by pennben
  • Love 4
51 minutes ago, pennben said:

I'm not so sure we really are supposed to like her.  From moment one of the show we were to understand that she was damaged.  And then we see how a damaged person plays out.  Sometimes I like her, sometimes I can't stand her. Having said that, I always do kind of root for her to figure it out and get better.

This. Grey's has never been much about 'liking' characters, but more rooting for them. Basically every single great Grey's character has been selfish, cheated, made bad choices, etc. Certainly all of my favourites have. If everyone was peachy and got along and made great deacons, we'd have no drama. I certainly know I can be selfish and annoying and make bad decisions at times. Part of the charm of this series (for me) has always been that the characters are complex and not always pleasant. That said, I'll wait to see the finale before I judge. I thought Mer was  over the line with Amelia this week, but I thought Amelia was over the line with just about everything she said and did last season (nothing trumps her speech to Meredith right before Derek died.) I will forever remember S11 as 'the year Amelia yelled at everyone.' It was unbearable. She was similarly awful this season when Penny first came on (To Meredith: "You knew! How could you do this to me!") 

Also, people saying that Amelia does more to raise Mer's kids than her is just silly. We all know the writers ignore the kids (Sofia was ignored for over a year until she became a plot point. Anyone remember when Callie was drinking at Mer's house and Arizona came over to crash last season? When's the last time we saw Tucker?) We've had one or two mentions of Amelia and Maggie helping out, but to paint Meredith as a deadbeat mom is a real reach. Let's not forget that Amelia has also taken a sledgehammer to a wall while the kids were asleep AND brought Owen home and banged him on the couch downstairs, then fell asleep there. Real mom material... 

• Love 4
On 5/13/2016 at 5:42 AM, Chas411 said:

If they're going to give Jo an ex husband I hope they give it a good background that fits the character.

Easy.  She lived in a sedan and he lived in a van down by the river.

Speculation about Amelia going through her wedding reminds me of another thing I love about this show -- they're not afraid to show relationships with strong feelings, even love -- that aren't quite right. I mean, weddings in general on TV -- even on daytime soap operas -- there's a feeling of "Everything is perfect and this will last forever." Grey's never does that. It's not afraid to present a narrative that's aware that marriage is practically never a perfect fairytale -- that people get married on the rebound or because they're scared and lonely or without thinking it through because they're high on adrenaline or where it's just the wrong thing, for all the wrong reasons. I feel like most other shows, the characters come to this inevitable conclusion that "This is wrong!" prior to the ceremony. Grey's will actually go through with the ceremony and then play out the relationship until it either self-destructs or sometimes, works against all odds. It's so realistic and I love it for that.

So, even though I'd prefer Amelia high-tail it out of there, because I don't think marriage is the right reaction to wanting to prove you do have your own life, it'll be interesting if she doesn't. She and Owen will be perfectly flawed and sometimes happy together. Until it inevitably falls apart, Grey's-style.

• Love 3

I'm beginning to wonder if Meredith is being set up to lose all her roommates in the finale.  For better or worse, this "sisters" experiment is a major theme of season 12 and it would make sense to wrap it up by Meredith effectively ruining it.  She's had a rocky relationship with Amelia all season and last episode was pretty rough.  Now Maggie has been set up to have a flirtation and possible crush on Riggs, only for Meredith to swoop in with her angry sex in the parking lot.

I hope not, Meredith Amelia and Maggie loses and then alone with her three children in the house. But I think then would still Alex there for them, because he is ALWAYS there for them, no matter what now. I also think that he draws back to Meredith.

And Maggie is not so experienced in the final in 12x24, which Meredith had sex with Riggs or?

Hi guys, I'm from Brazil and it's my first time here. I'm always reading your coments. :)

And I a really think Mer will end up alone in the house in the season finale.  Maybe Alex will move back in. Jolex has to break up. 
Kelly McCreary said in a interview that Maggie will be really heartbroken about that Mer & Nathan thing, and maybe she will choose fight for Riggs. Mer has been a bitch this season, and she doesn't seem to care about anybody else. 

P.S.: Sorry for my bad english! haha 

On 16/05/2016 at 7:34 PM, Starscream said:

Easy.  She lived in a sedan and he lived in a van down by the river.

hahahaha I love it! I totally could see that happening. 

• Love 3