Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Spoiler Speculation: Benchmarking

• Start Topic

Synopsis 12.18 “There’s a Fine, Fine Line” - As chief, Bailey is faced with the repercussions as Ben operates on a pregnant mother even though he does not have the proper surgical equipment."

Synopsis 12.19 - “It’s Alright, Ma (I’m Only Bleeding) - Miranda forms an advisory committee to recommend disciplinary action against Ben: April and Jackson try to get along for their baby's sake.

Arizona's Decision could affect her relationship with Callie.

Both episodes will air on April 14 (2 hours episode)

"Ben operates on a pregnant mother even though he does not have the proper surgical equipment."

Good god, what are they doing with Ben?  Apparently he learned nothing from his suspension.  I really hope they're not doing a "My wife makes more money than me and I'm feeling emasculated and inadequate in my relationship so I'm going to go rogue to prove something" storyline with him but they seem to be headed in that direction.  

Arizona's Decision could affect her relationship with Callie.

What relationship with Callie? This past episode was the first time they've been in a scene alone together in a season and a half.

• Love 2
Ben operates on a pregnant mother even though he does not have the proper surgical equipment

So repetitive, we just saw him operate without proper equipment a couple of episodes ago. How is Ben in a hospital with supposedly top notch surgical abilities yet ends up without the proper equipment twice in the span of a few weeks? 

• Love 1

that 'relationship' thing has me confused too. callie and arizona at this point can be considered as friends or maybe just acquaintances, that's not a relationship.

ABC is baiting obviously.

Maybe Arizona thinks of adopting another kid or try having another baby and it upsets callie because she's bringing a sibling to Sofia's life?

Then again, next episode has penny treating Sofia, if Callie can get penny in Sofia's life. Arizona can get in what she wants too.

I'm bit curious with all this happenings around this particular pair. They have been forgotten for far too long.

The only speculation I've seen that makes any sense to me is that Arizona doesn't find out about Sofia being hurt next episode until after the fact, so she goes and files for legal recognition.

But would that happen 3 episodes later?

Edited by CED9

The only speculation I've seen that makes any sense to me is that Arizona doesn't find out about Sofia being hurt next episode until after the fact, so she goes and files for legal recognition.

But would that happen 3 episodes later?

I firmly believe that arizona has legal rights to sofia. she asked for one in season 8 and then in season 10 she told callie that she could have gone to cops when callie left her apartment with sofia after the cheating happened. she wouldn't be able to do that if she wasn't an legal parent to sofia.

And come on even if Callie's character isn't being written good this season, she won't go there where she won't consider arizona her equal in Sofia's life.

Now if Prnny maliciously withhelds info regarding Sofia being hurt, it would be between callie and penny, it won't need arizona to look for legal recognition.

Oh Ben, what are they doing to you? The guy has been in the surgical game for a long time as an anesthesiologist, he has enough common sense to know what to do and when to not overstep, and if his experience isn't enough then certainly his suspension with the clipboard operation would teach him a lesson. This behavior is already old and stale, and if he can't handle his wife being the boss and making more money then transfer on over to Seattle Presbyterian or go golfing.  He won't get fired after this second offense because the doctors have done far worse inside the hospital walls.

Watch out Ben....the bus is coming for you.  Holy hell, what was the point of adding him as a season regular, only to utterly destroy his character?  So I guess they are doubling up with 12x18 and 19.  I'm really not excited by two hours of Ben (and Bailey) drama.  I don't mind it in small doses but this seems like overkill.  I'm intrigued by Callie an Arizona in the press release because they have barely had a conversation all season.  However, I'm sure it will turn out to be nothing based on the way both of them have been written this season.  

Wasn't it initially reported that there was going to be 25 episodes this season? Did I dream that?

It was rumored to be 25, but it was confirmed by someone in production to be 24 (Karin Gleason maybe?).  The only thing I can find is this tweet, which doesn't exactly confirm 24, but its all I can find right now

https://twitter.com/karingleason/status/636290451625017344

edit: I found this article with Debbie Allen in Sept...not exactly rock solid proof but I think the 25 ep thing was just a rumor.

http://variety.com/2015/tv/features/debbie-allen-greys-director-anatomy-executive-producer-season-12-1201585698/

You are so in-demand. How have opportunities for women changed since you started in the industry?

They’ve opened up. It’s still not broad enough. I can remember going up for movies that I could have directed with my eyes closed, and never getting the opportunity. At the end of the day, we just have to continue to network. Over our 24 episodes [on “Grey’s Anatomy” this season], 10 of them are directed by women, and I’m still looking.
Edited by Greysaddict

"Arizona's Decision could affect her relationship with Callie."

This is very intriguing.. Because number 1, I wouldn't refer to what the two have as a relationship. And number 2, what kind of a decision would actually have an affect on these two (other than Sofia)?

My guess is this is just Shonda baiting the Calzona fans as Calzona is still the second most liked coupling after MerDer.

My second guess is that Arizona accepts a job offer...

This is very intriguing.. Because number 1, I wouldn't refer to what the two have as a relationship. And number 2, what kind of a decision would actually have an affect on these two (other than Sofia)?

My guess is this is just Shonda baiting the Calzona fans as Calzona is still the second most liked coupling after MerDer.

Shonda doesn't have any control over the press releases or promos... 

Slightly expanded descriptions from the full press releases: 

There’s a Fine, Fine Line” – After a missing child forces the hospital into lockdown, Ben decides to operate on a pregnant mother without the proper surgical equipment. Miranda, as Chief, is faced with the repercussions of the event and whether or not Ben’s impulsive actions were justified, on “Grey’s Anatomy,” THURSDAY, APRIL 14 (8:00-9:00 p.m. EDT) on the ABC Television Network.

“It’s Alright, Ma (I’m Only Bleeding)” – Miranda continues to deal with the aftermath of Ben’s reckless decisions and forms an advisory committee to recommend proper disciplinary action against him. Meanwhile, April and Jackson try to put their differences aside for the sake of their baby, and Arizona makes a decision that could affect her relationship with Callie forever, on “Grey’s Anatomy,” THURSDAY, APRIL 14 (9:00-10:00 p.m. EDT) on the ABC Television Network.

Normally I'd think it's something really minor and/or stupid, but with the continuing character assassination of Arizona I'm not so sure. I hope it's not like her hitting on Penny or something, it would be really awful, but you don't know with this show anymore. 

I remember the episode where the patient was a girl who had been abducted years ago. Bailey knew about the case, it made a big impression on her and she quite upset over it, so when she went to the kindergarten and didn't see Tuck immediately (he was in the toilet), she freaked out. 

Or it could be something else I've forgotten. 

• Love 1

Didn't they do a "missing kid in the hospital" a couple seasons ago? Bailey thought it was Tuck and was freaking the whole time?

I do recall Alex losing a kid once, during the episode where there was a meth lab explosion in season 4. I don't think they did lockdown then, but I may be wrong. It's been a while. I don't remember Bailey thinking a missing kid was Tuck, but the middle seasons can be a bit of a blur for me. 

I remember the episode where the patient was a girl who had been abducted years ago. Bailey knew about the case, it made a big impression on her and she quite upset over it, so when she went to the kindergarten and didn't see Tuck immediately (he was in the toilet), she freaked out. 

Or it could be something else I've forgotten. 

Ah, I do remember that now. 

Didn't they do a "missing kid in the hospital" a couple seasons ago? Bailey thought it was Tuck and was freaking the whole time?

there was a little girl missing from a field trip at the hospital last season (S11).  Derek found her in the OR gallery.  Is that what you are thinking about?

Edited by Greysaddict

there was a little girl missing from a field trip at the hospital in last season. Derek found her in the OR gallery. Is that what you are thinking about?

I think I may have been combining more than one missing kid storyline. Because both talked about sound familiar now. Lol.

• Love 1

Baiting it is. There's no relationship there, just acquaintances. I don't think it's a job offer, jcap's contract is through 14 and she's happy to be on GA. Maybe it's the grant thing and she meddles in penny winning and leaving and that upsets Callie?

promo pics for 12x17 are out....Amelia, Steph and Penny are all working on the MS patient (Wilmer Valderrama). Meredith is playing referee between Owen and Nathan while they go an retrieve this [super complicated] heart because they are fighting again--shocking.

They spent more than a season on Amelia Stephanie bonding and making Stephanie the best resident, of course now perfect penny is the best and Amelia's favorite lmao, does the Greys writer owe their life to this red head actress?

Now I will be damned if such an 'talented' resident doesn't wins the grant and conquers the world

i think arizona's decision is Sofia related, the new actress who will play Sofia is also listed for the episode. there have been speculation running around that even if Arizona has legal rights to Sofia, she is probably just a legal guardian and now with penny in Callie's life, she might be afraid about her status and apply for 'legal adoption' which I didn't knew was different from being legal guardian.

Again, even if it's something that does upsets Callie (as she might think that Arizona doesn't trusts her with Sofia) I don't know how it can change their relationship forever?????!

Edited by kariyaki
fixed quote boxes

They spent more than a season on Amelia Stephanie bonding and making Stephanie the best resident, of course now perfect penny is the best and Amelia's favorite lmao, does the Greys writer owe their life to this red head actress? Now I will be damned if such an 'talented' resident doesn't wins the grant and conquers the world.

Can a third year resident apply for a grant?  Don't know why, but it seems there would be some restrictions as to who would be eligible to apply.  Perhaps not.  Anyone know how it works in the real world?

Also - regarding Arizona and adoption.  IRL adoption usually includes custody agreements and even 'times' each parent will have the child.  IF it's about custody / adoption and 'formalizing' things - could that be a point of contention?  How would that 'forever' affect the relationship?

I wonder if rather than treating Sofia in the promo pictures, Penny is apologizing to her for hurting her (by accident). That could cause Arizona to try to prevent Penny from being with Sofia, causing a rift with Callie.

Just my speculation.

Baiting it is. There's no relationship there, just acquaintances. I don't think it's a job offer, jcap's contract is through 14 and she's happy to be on GA. Maybe it's the grant thing and she meddles in penny winning and leaving and that upsets Callie?

promo pics for 12x17 are out....Amelia, Steph and Penny are all working on the MS patient (Wilmer Valderrama). Meredith is playing referee between Owen and Nathan while they go an retrieve this [super complicated] heart because they are fighting again--shocking.

They spent more than a season on Amelia Stephanie bonding and making Stephanie the best resident, of course now perfect penny is the best and Amelia's favorite lmao, does the Greys writer owe their life to this red head actress?

Now I will be damned if such an 'talented' resident doesn't wins the grant and conquers the world

i think arizona's decision is Sofia related, the new actress who will play Sofia is also listed for the episode. there have been speculation running around that even if Arizona has legal rights to Sofia, she is probably just a legal guardian and now with penny in Callie's life, she might be afraid about her status and apply for 'legal adoption' which I didn't knew was different from being legal guardian.

Again, even if it's something that does upsets Callie (as she might think that Arizona doesn't trusts her with Sofia) I don't know how it can change their relationship forever?????!

The synopsis could just be hyperbole.

It also could be positive.  It doesn't say either way in the blurb.

I wonder if rather than treating Sofia in the promo pictures, Penny is apologizing to her for hurting her (by accident). That could cause Arizona to try to prevent Penny from being with Sofia, causing a rift with Callie.

Just my speculation.

It appears that Penny is just treating Sofia.

It looks like a babysitter brought Sofia in.

I think if Penny hurt Sofia, even by accident, it wouldn't sit well with Callie.

promo pics for 12x17 are out....Amelia, Steph and Penny are all working on the MS patient (Wilmer Valderrama).  Meredith is playing referee between Owen and Nathan while they go an retrieve this [super complicated] heart because they are fighting again--shocking.  

http://www.disneyabcpress.com/abc/shows/greys-anatomy/episodes/i-wear-the-face/photos/

It is  funny how Meredith is sitting with Owen at one side, Nathan alone, then in other pictures Owen is sitting alone and Meredith and Nathan are sitting sort of together, it seems she gets closer to him,at one point there is only one seat between them. Maybe it means how her attitude will change,at first she will side with Owen then with Nathan.

Also the caption says fasten your seatbelts, but it looks none of them cares about their security.

They keep switching Meredith and April to be in scenes with these two and be a kind of referee.

Edited by NathanRiggsfan
(edited)

They don't look very much alike...however, it looks like they're shooting on a non-hospital set so it doesn't look like she's playing a patient. There is also this so it would be a cool thing if she actually did appear.

So she might be playing Callie´s sister Aria then. 

Edited by NathanRiggsfan

I am tired of this Riggs/Hunt drama.

Exhausted,end it please.

I don´t like that Meredith will be in that ambulance next episode.

Who will Nathan hook up with? I think now that it might be April or Amelia or even Maggie.

(edited)

Upcoming titles:

Ep17 "I Wear The Face"
18 "There's A Fine,Fine Line"
19 "It's Alright Ma(I'm Only Bleeding)
20 "Trigger Happy"
21 "Goodbye Lovers & Friends"

21 sure seems like someone is leaving. Stephanie? The actress has a new show and they could always leave it open ended.

ETA: Apparently it was an April Fools joke. Sorry, I saw it in multiple places and didn't know it was a joke.

Edited by windsprints
  • Love 1

Don't know why but I still get the feeling that SaRa is exiting at the end of this season. I hope I'm wrong though because I do love Callie and I miss Calzona. Wish they'd announce the contracts so we can just know once and for all...

They don't look very much alike...however, it looks like they're shooting on a non-hospital set so it doesn't look like she's playing a patient. There is also this so it would be a cool thing if she actually did appear.

She looks nothing like Callie. Plus I'm sure Papa Torres has made several comments about Callie being his only daughter since Callie mentioned having a sister in season 5, so they might have just scrapped Callie having a sister.

(edited)

Short synopsis of 12x20, titled "Trigger Happy" (April 21, 2016)

The doctors work to save a young gunshot victim; Callie tries to make a decision about Sophia's (sp?) future without consulting Arizona.

Guests: Samantha Sloyan, Wilmer Valderrama

Edited by Kate213

This continues to make me think that Callie could be exiting by the finale (hopefully with Penny).

I hope she's staying - purely for Calzona sake tbh, I have not been a big fan of Callie this season but IF she is leaving then yes please please take Penny with you Cal!

(edited)

I'm really confused about the whole Callie / Arizona thing.

In 12.19 we have Arizona making "a decision that could affect her relationship with Callie forever" and in 12.20 "Callie tries to make a decision about Sophia's future without consulting Arizona." Ellen tweeted that Capshaw (and thus Arizona) will "rip your hearts out in episode 12.22"

I'm glad these two are getting an actual storyline (or so it seems).... but I don't want Callie to leave at the end of the season, and I certainly don't want her to leave on bad terms with Arizona (and I DON'T want her sendoff to be with Penny.) I'm genuinely stumped about what exactly will be going down. 

Edited by BaseOps
  • Love 1

I'm really confused about the whole Callie / Arizona thing.

In 12.19 we have Arizona making "a decision that could affect her relationship with Callie forever" and in 12.20 "Callie tries to make a decision about Sophia's future without consulting Arizona." Ellen tweeted that Capshaw (and thus Arizona) will "rip your hearts out in episode 12.22"

I'm glad these two are getting an actual storyline (or so it seems).... but I don't want Callie to leave at the end of the season, and I certainly don't want her to leave on bad terms with Arizona (and I DON'T want her sendoff to be with Penny.) I'm genuinely stumped about what exactly will be going down. 

Me too. I have absolutely no idea what it is going on with them. A few weeks ago I thought it was ridiculous as hell to think Callie was leaving but now I'm really not sure about Callie staying. If she is they really aren't building her up well for next season, get Penny the hell away from her Shonda! 

Could it be something like Sofia's legal name? Someone mentioned in the episode thread that they made a point of Sofia saying her name is Sofia Sloan Torres.  I don't know if that could really be a plot with lawyers, etc. though.

Custody is really the only thing I can think of, Callie wanting to move out of state & Arizona fighting it, etc. I hope Sara isn't leaving. If she is they did a really poor job of giving her a decent sendoff since she's barely been on until now. And, if they have her leave with Penny, ugh. If she is leaving they could have had her want to move closer to her family and not have had Penny around all season.

• Love 1

^ I seriously cannot stress enough how much the name thing has pissed me off.

I really hope they don't do a custody battle between them, I've always loved how 50/50 they have been about everything without bringing the law into it, I hope that's not about to change.

Apparently Justin, JCap and I think SaRa are filming at a courthouse so maybe if it's custody then Alex is there either to support AZ or as Sofia's Doctor. Or maybe if it has to do with Jackson and April, AZ and Alex are called as witnesses since they knew about the pregnancy.

Or maybe Alex has a storyline and they are supporting him. Ha, clearly just kidding about that one.

• Love 2
(edited)

Apparently Justin, JCap and I think SaRa are filming at a courthouse so maybe if it's custody then Alex is there either to support AZ or as Sofia's Doctor. Or maybe if it has to do with Jackson and April, AZ and Alex are called as witnesses since they knew about the pregnancy.

Or maybe Alex has a storyline and they are supporting him. Ha, clearly just kidding about that one.

SaRa is filming? I know one of the links above was an older actor saying he was working with SD, JC and JCap which seems like an April thing but could be an Arizona thing, especially if she's getting emotional material.

And yeah, Episode 22 and Alex is still supporting other storylines, apparently.

Edited by Evie

SaRa is filming? I know one of the links above was an older actor saying he was working with SD, JC and JCap which seems like an April thing but could be an Arizona thing, especially if she's getting emotional material.

And yeah, Episode 22 and Alex is still supporting other storylines, apparently.

I saw something on Twitter I think of behind the scenes production, etc. at a courthouse and someone mentioned that they saw something (mark tape?) that indicated that SaRa was filming at the location as well. It makes sense given the episode descriptions about big decisions coming up for Callie and Arizona. Not sure what Alex would be doing there though.

(edited)

Are we sure its Sara and not Sarah? On FB: https://www.facebook.com/smendel/posts/10153681354798250He's a guest star saying he's working with Justin, Sarah and Jessica. He doesn't say what its about but I don't know what kind of case April would be on with Arizona and Alex so I think it may be personal. Perhaps he's a doc for April's baby or its whatever the court scene is?  If Catherine was setting up some legal action in the last episode they'd fit for a court scene too. Just throwing the idea out there.

Edited by windsprints

Are we sure its Sara and not Sarah? On FB: https://www.facebook.com/smendel/posts/10153681354798250He's a guest star saying he's working with Justin, Sarah and Jessica. He doesn't say what its about but I don't know what kind of case April would be on with Arizona and Alex so I think it may be personal. Perhaps he's a doc for April's baby or its whatever the court scene is? If Catherine was setting up some legal action in the last episode they'd fit for a court scene too. Just throwing the idea out there.

I guess it could be either. I just saw a conversation between Calzona fans that seemed to indicate that SaRa was on the courthouse location shoot and so there was speculation about a scenario involving custody/rights/adoption for Sofia. It really sucks having so little to go on regarding the rest of the season.

• Love 1

oh wow i didn't knew greys would go that route where they will show calzona fighting the custody battle. is Callie taking Sofia away from Arizona? Does she wants to give perfect penny some parental rights? it's such an disservice to such an important character. even if sara decides to leave, sending her off with penny is such an slap on sara's face herself.

Ellen said that Jcap is gonna rip our hearts out in 1222 so i totally think arizona is gon fight for sofia. While I can bear with all this happenings knowing that Sara and Jcap will kill this storyline, I would have preferred it not have anything to do with penny.

I'm sure it's calzona, no one saw jesse and sarah on court house set, just Jcap Sara and jchamers. Alex is probably there to support arizona. im sure they have squizzed in meredith as callie's support as well.

Could it be something like Sofia's legal name? Someone mentioned in the episode thread that they made a point of Sofia saying her name is Sofia Sloan Torres. I don't know if that could really be a plot with lawyers, etc. though.

Custody is really the only thing I can think of, Callie wanting to move out of state & Arizona fighting it, etc. I hope Sara isn't leaving. If she is they did a really poor job of giving her a decent sendoff since she's barely been on until now. And, if they have her leave with Penny, ugh. If she is leaving they could have had her want to move closer to her family and not have had Penny around all season.

Maybe when they got divorced (they weren't legally married, so let's say end their partnership), Callie dropped 'robbin' out of Sofia's name?

Honestly it's so irritating and disgusting like they could have dropped Sloan too if they were going that route. im with all the people feeling offended by it.

• Love 1
(edited)

Dammit!  I broke down! I've been avoiding this place but finally decided to see if anyone knew what the hell is going to happen with Catherine and the April/Jackson issues.  On the one hand, I'm frustrated that we don't know much about this season, on the other, it's been more fun to watch week to week. On the third hand, I'm not thrilled now to hear about issues between Callie/Arizona to come.  I'd hate to see Sara leave, but I guess I could see it. I'd like to see it all end on a good note if she must go.  I must admit to chuckling at those that want Penny to go away from the episode threads, but not go with Callie based on all this information......take your wins where you can get them!!

Edited by pennben
  • Love 1

Does she wants to give perfect penny some parental rights?

I have a (bad) feeling it might be something like that.

What bugs me, though, is that it's said that Callie makes a decision concerning Sofia without consulting Arizona. We saw in the last episode that she apparently sees herself with Penny forever, so it would make sense that'd she'd want to include her in some way, but would she really do it behind Arizona's back? It would be horrible and a complete opposite to how their parental situation has been portrayed so far.

I know character assassination is all the rage on the show lately, but it would be disgusting if they went there.