Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Spoiler Speculation: Benchmarking

• Start Topic

Why is Jo seated on the far end of the table and not next to Alex, her boyfriend????!!!!

This show is nonsensical.

That whole table setup looks so strange. Jackson next to Stephanie? What is Cross doing there, and between Jo (who he has a crush on) and Bailey? The only thing that makes sense is Arizona and April next to each other. I guess we'll see.. 

Grey’s Anatomy was filming on location yesterday at Providence Saint Joseph Medical Center

Burn victims? Uh-oh.

Do you think this has anything to do with Ellen getting her face done? They were making a mask or something. 

I'm pretty sure they're filming Denzel's episode right now, which would be the episode that Ellen got the face casting for. Really makes me wonder...

Shonda, please don't disfigure Meredith.

• Love 1

That whole table setup looks so strange. Jackson next to Stephanie? What is Cross doing there, and between Jo (who he has a crush on) and Bailey? The only thing that makes sense is Arizona and April next to each other. I guess we'll see.. 

Right, also why would Meredith seat Penny right next to her??? It makes no sense.

Who on earth invited that intern?

Edited by Season5OwenHuntfan

The entire table set up is strange, looks like they started playing musical chairs or something (kidding). The intern being there for some reason reminds me of when Meredith and Derek hosted Christmas and just kept inviting over anyone who didn't have plans (actually I think this happened twice). I'd bet he was invited over last minute since it seems like his chair was just pulled over and wasn't set for him.

I'm sure the mask of Ellen's face and the burn victims are related. I'm still thinking we are going to see a patient that looks like Mer. They've been able to use prosthetics to age her before and on other burn victims so I can't see why they'd need a replica of her face for any of that.

Actually I have no idea how prothestic makeup actually works. Could it not be a replica of her face but the base for the scars/burns? It's going to be a long wait to find out.

I seriously hope they aren't putting Meredith in some kind of danger. If I wasn't too invested in this show that would be enough of a reason for me to stop watching. It's just too unbelievable.

Edited by Greysaddict
  • Love 1

Grey’s Anatomy winter finale will be episode 12x08 airing on November 19th.

We'll have to wait at least 2 months for the Denzel Washington episode. What a bummer! :(

You'd think they'd want to air a few more episodes before Christmas - it'll be nice to have so many new episodes in the back half, but viewership is always down huge in the spring for all shows. 

• Love 1

Grey’s Anatomy winter finale will be episode 12x08 airing on November 19th.

We'll have to wait at least 2 months for the Denzel Washington episode. What a bummer! :(

So it seems like episodes 8 and 9 are definitely connected, likely a cliffhanger at the end of 8.  I wonder if the burn victims and Ellen's mask/replica thing are for both episodes or just one of them.  

Also, in terms of the breakdown of fall/spring episodes...viewing does tend to be lower in the spring, but it is also low in December because you have tons of people going to holiday parties, shopping, holiday prep, etc that takes people away from their normal TV habits.  

So it seems like episodes 8 and 9 are definitely connected, likely a cliffhanger at the end of 8.  I wonder if the burn victims and Ellen's mask/replica thing are for both episodes or just one of them.  

Yes. I'm expecting a huge cliffhanger and I'm very worried for Meredith. I'm gonna be so mad if they end up hurting her once again.

Why is Jo seated on the far end of the table and not next to Alex, her boyfriend????!!!!

This show is nonsensical.

I thought everyone knew that one never should seat couples together. 

To check this - I did a quick google and got this quote from Miss Manners:

"It is not only at state dinners, but at any properly run dinner party that couples are seated apart from each other. This heads off the irresistible temptation to break into the telling of family stories with remarks like "No, dear, that was the second time we went there, not the first." When Miss Manners is told of couples protesting that they can't bear to sit apart even for the length of a meal, she does not take it as evidence of marital devotion. On the contrary, it sounds mighty like distrust. If they have no social interests or skills, they can always stay home."

And from Martha Stewart:

"Couples and close friends should not be seated next to one another; after all, they talk all the time."

• Love 3

And from Martha Stewart:

"Couples and close friends should not be seated next to one another; after all, they talk all the time."

Well, we see Arizona and April seated next to each other as well as Meredith and Alex,and we can classify them as close friends,so this protocol is not what the writer or director follows on Greys to its full extent.

I think all characters at the dinner table are seated next to each other or opposite each other ONLY for drama and comedy(in the case of that crush the intern has on Jo) purpose.

Well, we see Arizona and April seated next to each other as well as Meredith and Alex,and we can classify them as close friends,so this protocol is not what the writer or director follows on Greys to its full extent.

I think all characters at the dinner table are seated next to each other or opposite each other ONLY for drama and comedy(in the case of that crush the intern has on Jo) purpose.

But everyone there is 'friends' on some level, they all work together. At least the point that the couples aren't seated together makes sense... of course some of it is to force tension and drama, it's TV. But at least I can write off the complete oddity of it thanks to that apparent dinner etiquette. 

Edited by BaseOps
  • Love 2

Excited about this episode, 2x06 "The Me Nobody Knows"

APRIL REUNITES WITH AN OLD FRIEND FROM OVERSEAS, ON ABC’S “GREY’S ANAYOMY”
"The Me Nobody Knows" - Grey Sloan Memorial not only welcomes a new transfer resident, but also a patient who's the topic of conversation after accidently sending his sex tape to his entire congregation. Meanwhile, Richard wrestles with how to progress his relationship with Maggie when an old friend visits the hospital, and April brings in a case of a young boy from the Middle-East, on "Grey's Anatomy," THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 5 (8:00--9:00 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network.

I've been waiting for some Richard / Maggie interaction. I wonder if the new resident is Martin Henderson? 

Excited about this episode, 2x06 "The Me Nobody Knows"

I've been waiting for some Richard / Maggie interaction. I wonder if the new resident is Martin Henderson? 

I just posted in Promos and Sneak Peaks thread....

I think Martin Henderson is April's friend from overseas...he's supposed to have a connection to Owen so that makes sense.  I wonder if the "new resident" is Penny.  I can't see MH character being a resident rather than an attending.

I think Martin Henderson is April's friend from overseas...he's supposed to have a connection to Owen so that makes sense.  I wonder if the "new resident" is Penny.  I can't see MH character being a resident rather than an attending.

Good point. Those both make sense... but I really hope Penny doesn't become a resident at GSM. We have too many damn characters. If Shonda knew last season that she wanted to add her to the cast, they should have dropped Amelia, Maggie, April, Stef or Jo. What's the point of adding all these characters when there's no time to showcase them all? 

Good point. Those both make sense... but I really hope Penny doesn't become a resident at GSM. We have too many damn characters. If Shonda knew last season that she wanted to add her to the cast, they should have dropped Amelia, Maggie, April, Stef or Jo. What's the point of adding all these characters when there's no time to showcase them all? 

Preach! 

What is the point of adding more people to this show? The ones we have now barely have a real storyline. 

I'm already pissed that Henderson is a regular because we don't even know his character. Why make him a regular so quickly? 

I wish they would just focus on the characters we have now and forget about new ones. 

Preach! 

What is the point of adding more people to this show? The ones we have now barely have a real storyline. 

I'm already pissed that Henderson is a regular because we don't even know his character. Why make him a regular so quickly? 

I wish they would just focus on the characters we have now and forget about new ones. 

I'm sure they must have some type of story planned for Henderson's character to make him a regular right off the bat. With Penny, she just seems like she could be Shonda's new favourite play thing. I really, really hope not. I'm down for the story we're getting tonight, but as a regular it'll just be too damn much. We already have cast members disappearing for weeks at a time or being given no more than a line or two per episode. If Penny & Henderson both become regulars, we'd be at a MAIN cast of 16, PLUS the interns who get a fair amount of screen time. That's insane. 

• Love 2

I'm sure they must have some type of story planned for Henderson's character to make him a regular right off the bat. With Penny, she just seems like she could be Shonda's new favourite play thing. I really, really hope not. I'm down for the story we're getting tonight, but as a regular it'll just be too damn much. We already have cast members disappearing for weeks at a time or being given no more than a line or two per episode. If Penny & Henderson both become regulars, we'd be at a MAIN cast of 16, PLUS the interns who get a fair amount of screen time. That's insane.

I'm guessing the intern Maggie hooked up with will be a regular by next season too.

A lot of contracts are up this year. I could understand bringing on some new people if they knew some cast members weren't going to renew, but I don't think anyone is leaving.

Who is the new transfer resident that comes in 1206???Can it be Henderson´s character???? Any guesses anyone?
But wouldn´t he play an attending?? Why hire a name actor for a resident role? He is in his early 40s. He should come first in 1207.

What is the hierarchy by the way- I never quite know this -  is it  intern,resident, attending?

Yeah, I think that if anyone was leaving, we would have heard by now, given how gracefully Sandra Oh left and gave a lot of notice.  Unless Shonda is keeping it under wraps like she is most things this season.  I have absolutely NO doubt that, at the very least, Shonda is aware of who is leaving and who is staying.  

The only one I could see maybe leaving at this point is SR.  I have no proof of this and the only reason I say it is because of how some of Callie's storylines are being written.  I am very surprised at how long that have kept Callie and Arizona apart, and how enthusiastic Callie is to date other people.  Beyond that, they were setting up a great mentor relationship with Jo, and one that Callie was really into, and that got not only dropped, but completely erased with Jo's comments about how no attending is into her like Amelia is with Steph.  Of course last season was a complete clusterfuck and stuff got pushed to the wayside and we are only 5 episodes into this season, but it wouldn't shock me if she left.

• Love 2

Interesting. So Penny could be the new resident which makes sense, and I believe the boy April brings in is somehow linked to Owen´s past,not to Henderson´s character. He should come in 1207. We don´t know whether H´s character has a connection to Owen or not, I think it is the boy who April brings.

Henderson is totally quiet on instagram,no posts on twitter, Samantha Sloyan has no twitter account. No info.

As windsprints pointed out (in the other thread maybe), April's friend and the transfer resident could be the same person so maybe not two additional cast members.  

While I wholeheartedly agree that this show needs less cast members instead of more.  I agree with Deanie87, I too wonder if adding some new "blood" so to say, in a preparation for the possibility of some of the originals leaving after this season.  It's been talked about before but I am pretty sure they have Ellen Pompeo planning on signing for more but you still have Justin Chambers, Jim Pickens, Chandra, Sara R all up for renewal.  Plus Camilla and Jerika's contract status is unknown.  

• Love 1

As windsprints pointed out (in the other thread maybe), April's friend and the transfer resident could be the same person so maybe not two additional cast members.    

I don´t think so.

The press release says it is Richard who meets an old friend - it is the father/daughter storyline I posted here earlier, April brings in a young boy patient from the Middle East - the release does not say he is her friend. 

Then a transfer resident - most likely Penny as Baseops suggested.

Henderson comes in 1207.

Interesting. So Penny could be the new resident which makes sense, and I believe the boy April brings in is somehow linked to Owen´s past,not to Henderson´s character. He should come in 1207. We don´t know whether H´s character has a connection to Owen or not, I think it is the boy who April brings.

Henderson is totally quiet on instagram,no posts on twitter, Samantha Sloyan has no twitter account. No info.

I can't dig up the article right now but I definitely remember an interview with KMK where he said Martin Henderson's character was going to tie into Owen.  We have no idea when MH first episode is going to be.  

But the press relaese says it is Richard who meets an old friend - it is the father/daughter storlyine I posted here earlier, April brings in a young boy patient from the Middle East - the release does not say he is her friend.

the headline of the press release is "APRIL REUNITES WITH AN OLD FRIEND FROM OVERSEAS"

Editing just to clarify- I am not saying I think MH is coming for sure this episode, just pointing out the headline differs from the text.  These press releases are always ambiguous so I don't know that we can make any real assumption from it.  

Edited by Greysaddict
  • Love 1

I guess it's good that they're keeping us guessing. I'm excited for tonight's episode and the rest of this season... I do hope we say goodbye to some cast members at the end of this year. We've got a LOT of new blood the past season (Amelia, Maggie, these new interns, and Henderson is about to joint), so there's certainly room to cut a few. The problem is, the characters I like the least (Amelia, Stef, Owen) are the least likely to leave. 

• Love 1

I can't dig up the article right now but I definitely remember an interview with KMK where he said Martin Henderson's character was going to tie into Owen.  We have no idea when MH first episode is going to be.  

the headline of the press release is "APRIL REUNITES WITH AN OLD FRIEND FROM OVERSEAS"

Ok, then. I missed this part. So the patient is a friend indeed, still I believe the transfer resident is Penny. Then why does KMK talk about Owen meeting sb from his past when it is clearly April? Weird. Nothing what he says is mentioned in the press release. I often wonder that KMK makes things about Owen when they are clearly related to another character,  it has happened more than once so far.

For me it is a big NO to Henderson being linked with  Owen, dear lord no. This cannot be true. 

Rhimes said it is 1207 per an article I read. That KMK article was just the reporter ASSUMING it was Henderson´s character -it was at the premiere gala party of Shondaland.  

Anyway, who cares. They all say half-truths and half-lies. Actually,my argument that Rhimes said it is 1207 is not very valid, because I tend to think Rhimes lies 90% out of 100%.

So,you may be pretty right Greysaddict after all and Henderson  may come in 1206 in whatever shape and form.

Of course quite conveniently they do not mention the guest cast for this episode in the press release. What a lazy bunch of people who put together these press releases.

I guess it's good that they're keeping us guessing. I'm excited for tonight's episode and the rest of this season... I do hope we say goodbye to some cast members at the end of this year. We've got a LOT of new blood the past season (Amelia, Maggie, these new interns, and Henderson is about to joint), so there's certainly room to cut a few. The problem is, the characters I like the least (Amelia, Stef, Owen) are the least likely to leave. 

Your guess the transfer resident could be Penny will most likely turn out to be right. To invite the actress back, I think Shonda likes her and wants her for more. It seems Penny was  a resident in that hospital where Derek died and she could be transferred from that hospital to Greys Sloan.

Of course quite conveniently they do not mention the guest cast for this episode in the press release. What a lazy bunch of people who put together these press releases.

That's a common occurrence for every show. Often guest cast is listed as 'TBA'. It has nothing to do with being lazy lol. Henderson wouldn't be listed there anyway, he's coming on as a series regular. 

Edited by BaseOps
  • Love 3

That's a common occurrence for every show. Often guest cast is listed as 'TBA'. It has nothing to do with being lazy lol. Henderson wouldn't be listed there anyway, he's coming on as a series regular. 

I do not follow any other shows currently. I know what TBA means. I am saying that they are lazy to put the names out there and they sometimes do it and sometimes they do not so for me they are lazy. 

If Henderson is there as a regular and we all know he is a regular, then he should be out  there listed in the main cast. 

Anyway, at least IMDb is sort of reliable  - this must be April´s young patient - a boy - http://www.imdb.com/name/nm6935657/?ref_=tt_cl_t1

I do not follow any other shows currently. I know what TBA means. I am saying that they are lazy to put the names out there and they sometimes do it and sometimes they do not so for me they are lazy. 

If Henderson is there as a regular and we all know he is a regular, then he should be out  there listed in the main cast. 

But - for example - if Penny is the resident, they certainly wouldn't want that out before tonight's episode aired, but they usually have at least the next episode announced. So to keep a cap on the story, they don't announce the guest cast. If they have a big name that they're promoting, they'll put it - but in this case it's easy to see why they wouldn't. And like I said, it's common practice so it's not lazy on anyone's part, it's normal. 

Edited by BaseOps
  • Love 3

Yes,in terms of Penny but if Henderson is there in 1206 - in Greys standard he is a name actor - at least that is who they were looking for way back in May, so he would be listed and they would want to promote him is what I believe. They are not. Hence, he can´t be in 1206. Shonda was maybe right and he does come in 1207.

I'm sorry, but can Henderson even be considered as a "name" actor?

Who knows? It is who they were looking for and he is who they hired. In Greys world or Shondaland maybe yes. But he has some good scenes in Off the map series. He was the lead there. We will see.... I think he has very expressive eyes and has a sense of subtlety as an actor.

Samantha Sloyan has no twitter account. No info.

From Jerrika Hinton's Twitter last night - jerrika hinton ‏@hellojerrika  14h14 hours ago

jerrika hinton Retweeted Shondaland Obsessor - Shondaland Obsessor @Greys_Edits_

Does Penny have a Twitter? @camilluddington @hellojerrika

jerrika hinton added, No, we told her to not create one because CERTAIN FANS can be, shall we say, LESS THAN SANE. 

Could be an exaggeration, but I would imagine not by much.

• Love 1

From Jerrika Hinton's Twitter last night - jerrika hinton ‏@hellojerrika  14h14 hours ago

jerrika hinton Retweeted Shondaland Obsessor - Shondaland Obsessor @Greys_Edits_

Does Penny have a Twitter? @camilluddington @hellojerrika

jerrika hinton added, No, we told her to not create one because CERTAIN FANS can be, shall we say, LESS THAN SANE. 

Could be an exaggeration, but I would imagine not by much.

Oh, its not an exaggeration.  I have seen some vile stuff tweeted to the actors and just tweeted out in general (because it fascinates and repels me and I just can't look away.  And by look away, I mean actively seek it out LOL)  Some of it is just stupid fan stuff, but some of it is downright sociopathic and these people should be banned from Twitter.  This actress would be getting shit not just from Calzona fans, but angry Meredith, Derek and Amelia fans as well.  

• Love 2

The only thing that is off putting about Jerrika's comment is that she emphasized "certain fans" as opposed to fans in general.

Like Deanie87 stated above, she would be getting crap from a multitude of fanbases, yet Jerrika seems to be singling out one: Calzona.

I assumed she meant McDreamy fans or Merder shippers.

Fair point, she may well have.

But it's still singling out a certain group when really the character touches on multiple fandoms that it could come from just about anywhere.

My main point is that it's off putting that she singled out a particular fan base, no matter which one she was talking about.

She's lucky she doesn't get crap, but then again that's only because no one is really "passionate" about Stephanie. lol

She did get taken to task for her CERTAIN comment.  I actually thought she was referring to that subsection that is just fucking crazy LOL!

Yeah, I find that I am having a hard time with some of the actors on Twitter, and I should probably stop following them.  They seem to take things a little more personally than they need to.  I know it makes me sound old, but I think that it is some of the younger cast who are more comfortable with social media and have no problem letting the whole world in on their every thought and take every opportunity to promote themselves.  It is weird to me, but then again, technology scares me.

Edited by Deanie87

BTS and Promotional photos - episode 12x06: 1, 2, 3, 4.

Alex, Mer and Arizona having lunch together! I've been expecting this moment forever. Yay! But why is everybody looking at their cell phones? I think this episode is gonna be good too. 

Edit: oh, nervermind. They are watching a sex tape that accidentally gets sent by some dude.

Edited by Kagomei
  • Love 1

BTS and Promotional photos - episode 12x06: 1, 2, 3, 4.

Alex, Mer and Arizona having lunch together! I've been expecting this moment forever. Yay! But why is everybody looking at their cell phones? I think this episode is gonna be good too.

Edit: oh, nervermind. They are watching a sex tape that accidentally gets sent by some dude.

Yay for the return of the cafeteria! And no Maggie so we won't have to hear about her vagina, in one scene at least.

Jerrika mentioned on twitter during some big Q&A thing she was doing a few days ago that Arizona was going to have a new drinking buddy in the near future.

Wonder if it's Meredith.