Type keyword(s) to search

AHS: Hotel Casting & Info: Something Wicked This Way Comes?

• Start Topic

I am interested more in what Mare Winningham will be doing then Gaga.

Oh, yes, me too.  MW elevates anything, even--for a brief moment--Under the Dome.  I keep thinking any production that snags her should herald the news, Holly Hunter-fashion.

I was just on about Gaga because she's an untested quantity for a television series and I think she's capable of pulling it off.

• Love 2

Oh, yes, me too.  MW elevates anything, even--for a brief moment--Under the Dome.  I keep thinking any production that snags her should herald the news, Holly Hunter-fashion.

I was just on about Gaga because she's an untested quantity for a television series and I think she's capable of pulling it off.

Yes, I have been a fan of Mare since St.Elmo's Fire.

Gaga's character seems like a weird vampire since she offed two people with her razor glove as opposed to biting them, but that would explain why she hasn't aged from that flashback clip in '94. Or maybe she's taking a page out of Delphine LaLaurie's book and using blood as anti-aging cream ;).

Also, I wish the rumors about Michelle Pfeiffer and Alexander Skarsgard joining the cast this season were true. I think they would have been great additions.

Edited by obxchick
  • Love 1

Ugh, I cannot stand Finn Witrock's performances.  I think I might have to sit this AHS out if he's the dominant actor.

He's got that snotty, mean-girl smile and a shitty demeanor.  Whether that was just playing ManBaby last year or it's so integral to the actor that he just can't help it -- I'm MUCH too old to find that remotely appealing.  Gah.  Awful shit.

That's why I love Finn Witrock. His performance was obnoxious and unappealing, but that's what makes him a great actor. I bought into his characterization. I think he will be great in any performance/ role.

Boomer and Wittrock both falling for Lady Gaga? That is the most hilarious thing I have ever heard. 

I think Gaga has a unique beauty. She isn't a standard beauty, yet her appearance catches my attention over anyone else in her scenes.

• Love 2

Michelle Pfeiffer and Alexander Skarsgard? That would be awesome but I highly doubt they will agree to appear in small roles on a television show like AHS. Maybe Michelle Pfeiffer would since she hasn't been in many movies for a while, and I could see her taking over Jessica Lange's spot in the cast for subsequent seasons. If Alexander Skarsgard joins, it will be too much like "True Blood" and I doubt he wants to play another vampire in another TV show when he can be off making movies.

I get the distinct impression that Sally was written for Jessica Lange rather than Sarah Paulson. I can really see Jessica Lange saying those lines and saying them better; it's kind of distracting when  I watch Sally even though I think Sarah Paulson is very good and I'm really enjoying this season.

• Love 1

I just found out, via a short piece in the NY Times, that Nathan Lane has been filming a role in this season's AHS. He said nothing about who or what he is playing, but I am definitely intrigued and looking forward to seeing him.

• Love 3