Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E08: Great Expectations

It's been 24 hours and no posts on last night's episode? Okay, I'll start:

*Toi and Rouvaun are sweet and stable. That doesn't make for the most interesting plot on a reality TV show, but that's okay. They're the most likely to last of these four, IMO. Rouvaun strikes me as practical and grounded, and I suspect that Toi is playing up her financial woes for the camera to give them a plotline. I have a feeling she's equally grounded IRL. Anyway, they're cute.

*Sam and Laura... ugh. Laura has such a coldness to her. It's funny -- when the show started, I thought Sam was trouble and Laura was getting walked all over, but now I'm not so sure. Laura can be very mean. That said, the news about her eggs was surely devastating. I just wish she had reacted in a kinder way when Sam was trying to be understanding after the appointment.

*Nadine and Erik are just ridiculous. Erik seems nice enough, but Nadine is SUCH a snob. Are they serious that they're only saving 5% of their income? That seems really low considering all their conspicuous consumption. I assumed they were saving more. And they want to budget 30-50K a year on travel!? Also, did you catch how Nadine said that they'll bring someone with them when they go on vacation? I think a nanny is going to be a non-negotiable for her, especially since she refuses to be woken up (how is that going to fly once the baby arrives?). You could practically see the panic in Erik's eyes as he realized what he had gotten himself into.

Also, you do not need to spend 10K to have a baby unless you're shopping at a ridiculously expensive LA boutique with designer baby clothes... but I digress.

*Kirk and Laura are really cute. I didn't care for Kirk in the first few episodes, but now I'm seeing a softer side to him, and they seem to have such a solid relationship. I'm glad that they're having a baby and all seems to be well.

• Love 7

I think Sam needs to watch her back with Laura.   I don't think they have common goals at all about how to live their lives--and I agree there is something really detatched and cold about Laura.    I think Sam's money complicates things tremendously because I think Laura has NO interest in working.

I think Erik will be the primary caregiver/nanny to their baby and he will be the one who gets up with the baby, does the diapers, etc.   Now whether he can do that and work to bring in that money that's so important to them is the question.

The other two couples seem ok and pretty stable to me.  I didn't like Kirk much but I like how supportive he's been of Laura when she lost the baby so now I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt.

• Love 1

It's been 24 hours and no posts on last night's episode? Okay, I'll start:

*Toi and Rouvaun are sweet and stable. That doesn't make for the most interesting plot on a reality TV show, but that's okay. They're the most likely to last of these four, IMO. Rouvaun strikes me as practical and grounded, and I suspect that Toi is playing up her financial woes for the camera to give them a plotline. I have a feeling she's equally grounded IRL. Anyway, they're cute.

*Sam and Laura... ugh. Laura has such a coldness to her. It's funny -- when the show started, I thought Sam was trouble and Laura was getting walked all over, but now I'm not so sure. Laura can be very mean. That said, the news about her eggs was surely devastating. I just wish she had reacted in a kinder way when Sam was trying to be understanding after the appointment.

*Nadine and Erik are just ridiculous. Erik seems nice enough, but Nadine is SUCH a snob. Are they serious that they're only saving 5% of their income? That seems really low considering all their conspicuous consumption. I assumed they were saving more. And they want to budget 30-50K a year on travel!? Also, did you catch how Nadine said that they'll bring someone with them when they go on vacation? I think a nanny is going to be a non-negotiable for her, especially since she refuses to be woken up (how is that going to fly once the baby arrives?). You could practically see the panic in Erik's eyes as he realized what he had gotten himself into.

Also, you do not need to spend 10K to have a baby unless you're shopping at a ridiculously expensive LA boutique with designer baby clothes... but I digress.

*Kirk and Laura are really cute. I didn't care for Kirk in the first few episodes, but now I'm seeing a softer side to him, and they seem to have such a solid relationship. I'm glad that they're having a baby and all seems to be well.

Yeah....at first I felt for Laura because I thought (and stil do) that Sam is pretty selfish and prone to lying about leaving out details, like I fucked my co-worker on my lunch break. But Laura is nuts. She is ALWAYS mad at somebody. Seriously, think about it. In every sceen she is shaking with anger at somebody. Her mom wasn't going to make her favorite cake and you can hear Laura's voice constrict into rage. She...well she scares me. There is so much anger there and I think she picked Sam because Sam will always give her a reason to be angry. Edited by FozzyBear
  • Love 1

I wonder how much of Laura's behavior is based on being hit by a car and skidding across the pavement on her face. Surely, there must be some sort of neurological effects that go hand in hand with her moods? Or maybe she's always been the way she was before the accident. Sam's no prize either. I wonder if they got married because they wanted to or because they'd been together for so long they figured why not? After all, people are being matched up by 'experts' sight unseen and getting married. 

• Love 1

Erik and Nadine made me LOL with their financial adviser- especially when Erik went on his ' I want to live forever' tangent LOL~. They are in for a huge reality check. I assumed they had money but I didn't know it was 'bring a nanny on a 50K vacation " money.

That stroller looked baller. I want it. 

Sam and Laura- I agree that Laura seems mad/cold/ just overall unpleasant. And It really rubs me the wrong way that she is writing her book about her relationship with Sam..its like she sees this relationship as a platform to become a writer, get attention...ect. The excerpt she read sounded like a YA fiction romance novel. 

I'm not buying what Laura is selling...that is all

Toi and Rauvaghn, love love love them. Kirk and Laura also love. I enjoy their scenes and am glad she is pregnant again~! Also love their boxer

• Love 2

Yeah....at first I felt for Laura because I thought (and stil do) that Sam is pretty selfish and prone to lying about leaving out details, like I fucked my co-worker on my lunch break. But Laura is nuts. She is ALWAYS mad at somebody. Seriously, think about it. In every sceen she is shaking with anger at somebody. Her mom wasn't going to make her favorite cake and you can hear Laura's voice constrict into rage. She...well she scares me. There is so much anger there and I think she picked Sam because Sam will always give her a reason to be angry.

I didn't get that impression from Laura at all.  The cake statement was a joke, she didn't appear angry at all.  Not quite sure where you're getting the "shaking with rage" from.  Not that I think their relationship is going to last due to a plethora of other reasons.

Nadine is a joke.  I wish they'd do a follow up on them after the baby is born because girlfriend has NO IDEA.  I didn't sleep more than an hour at a time for weeks after my second was born.  Even 4 months in, I consider 5 hours straight of sleep a successful night and my daughter isn't a bad sleeper!  And 10K for a baby?  Seriously?  How do they think all the low income families with 4+ kids manage?  I just can't with those two. 

I also thought Kirk was very sweet this episode and I was thrilled everything went well at the ultrasound.  

I continue to have a total crush on Ravoun. 

• Love 1

Erik and Nadine made me LOL with their financial adviser- especially when Erik went on his ' I want to live forever' tangent LOL~. They are in for a huge reality check. I assumed they had money but I didn't know it was 'bring a nanny on a 50K vacation " money.

That stroller looked baller. I want it.

Sam and Laura- I agree that Laura seems mad/cold/ just overall unpleasant. And It really rubs me the wrong way that she is writing her book about her relationship with Sam..its like she sees this relationship as a platform to become a writer, get attention...ect. The excerpt she read sounded like a YA fiction romance novel.

I'm not buying what Laura is selling...that is all

Toi and Rauvaghn, love love love them. Kirk and Laura also love. I enjoy their scenes and am glad she is pregnant again~! Also love their boxer

Yeah, Laura is off. There's something really unpleasant there. I also get this weird vibe that she's really into being in a same-sex marriage. It feels like she's still throwing around being a lesbian as this way to rail against the world. It's odd. I wonder if she would still be into Sam if there wasn't an element of rebellion involved.

• Love 1

Toi seems to live in a fantasyland where she can continue to run her business even if it fails.  She looked horrified that Rauvahn said they have to close up shop if she doesn't get it going soon.  What was she doing before they got together?  Also not sure how an ipad Air is going to help her business.... 

I liked Nadine in the beginning but that girl has some of the weirdest quirks EVER!  Picky about food... picky about sleeping.... 

Can someone tell me how a cosplay app is going to make them money?? Why would someone pay for an app to rate other people in costume?  It should be free.

• Love 1

Toi seems to live in a fantasyland where she can continue to run her business even if it fails. She looked horrified that Rauvahn said they have to close up shop if she doesn't get it going soon. What was she doing before they got together? Also not sure how an ipad Air is going to help her business....

I liked Nadine in the beginning but that girl has some of the weirdest quirks EVER! Picky about food... picky about sleeping....

Can someone tell me how a cosplay app is going to make them money?? Why would someone pay for an app to rate other people in costume? It should be free.

I think they said it was free so I'm guessing part 2 is selling add space on the app. I could see it working maybe. Cosplay is a pretty popular world so they might be able to sell add space to conventions or retailers.

Nadine and Erik both are clueless. I am sure that they do not have that kind of money. They wish they did, but they do not. I am in the same business as Erik. It pays well, but it does not make you rich. Not $10K on baby stuff and bring a nanny on your $50K vacation kind of wealth. Plus, you can tell that Erik is not a hustler, at all. He might have the smarts, but he does not have the hustle.

He's the geeky kid who made moderately well. Nadine probably brings in about zero dough, but she believes, because her father said so, that she is a pretty pretty princess who needs 9 hours of sleep at night, must never be awakened from her gentle slumbers, and must chew her food so as not to upset her delicate system.

PS: Does Erik call her "Pie" because of her pie face? 

• Love 7

I think they said it was free so I'm guessing part 2 is selling add space on the app. I could see it working maybe. Cosplay is a pretty popular world so they might be able to sell add space to conventions or retailers.

That's the only way I could see it even working.... but I get so irritated when I click on an ad in an app lol 

Nadine and Erik both are clueless. I am sure that they do not have that kind of money. They wish they did, but they do not. I am in the same business as Erik. It pays well, but it does not make you rich. Not $10K on baby stuff and bring a nanny on your $50K vacation kind of wealth. Plus, you can tell that Erik is not a hustler, at all. He might have the smarts, but he does not have the hustle.

He's the geeky kid who made moderately well. Nadine probably brings in about zero dough, but she believes, because her father said so, that she is a pretty pretty princess who needs 9 hours of sleep at night, must never be awakened from her gentle slumbers, and must chew her food so as not to upset her delicate system.

PS: Does Erik call her "Pie" because of her pie face? 

Now that is funny!  What about the bunny song?  My husband would die before he sang a song like that to me and vice versa.  Cameras or no cameras, NO FRIGGIN WAY!

• Love 1
(edited)

Nadine and Eric sure did make an app really quickly, in no time at all as if it's no big thing...good idea though, for people in that world, I guess. There are plenty of dumb ass apps out there making money. People like to waste their time with mindless crap like rating people and costumes.

That stroller was super cool! I could see how useful that would be, particularly for some living in a city like New York.

A little bored by Laura and Kirk...not sure why.

Toi and rauvahn are cute.

Edited by lightbeam

Roi and Rauvahn are cute! I agree they are just upping the store drama for tv. She needs something to do, even if it is almost a hobby.

Kirk has really matured. I don't wish a miscarriage on anyone, but it was nice to see them turning to each other for support. You could tell they were surprised-those pee sticks come with a cover! They both just grabbed the wet end, made me crack up.

Nadine's sleeping routine is ridiculous. Ear plugs, a weighted sleep mask, strict instructions not to wake her up early? I can't fault her for getting 9 hours a night, as a Mom of young ones, get what you can now! That shit will change real soon.

(edited)

Does Nadine plan to post her sleeping rules in the baby's crib? Maybe cross stitch it on a pillow? Perhaps make a baby mobile of the rules so it will know when it's a appropriate to wake up mommy for a feeding?

Good luck w that one Erik. I have a vision of Nadine choosing to breast feed but instead of waking up , Erik will just prop a sleeping Nadine up in bed and position the baby on her breast. Gently mind you, so as not to wake Pie.

Edited by Brooklynista
  • Love 3

I'm not going to fault Nadine for wanting to sleep. Some people get really tired during pregnancy. And as for what she's going to do when the baby gets here: the baby isn't here yet. I've never understood the logic of "getting used to giving things up for when the baby is born." Why? Just to be extra martyrish about the whole thing? As someone who functions best on about 9 hours a night, I say get it while you can.

I will, however, fault Nadine about being so freaking persnickety about it. Special earplugs an pillows and a sleep mask and expecting everyone to tip-toe around for half the day so as not to wake her. And she's like this with everything! Normal shit like eating dinner has a 20 page instruction manual when you're with Nadine! I really believe that she's one of those super obnoxious girls that equates being a picky pain in the ass with being special. I have a short fuse for adults that need to be babied (toughen up motherfucker. That's what I say.) and would not last long with her.

• Love 3

I agree there's no reason for her to give stuff like that up before the baby is born, but she seems to expect SO much in her life to be "just so" that I have a feeling she's gonna be in for a rude awakening.  I doubt she'll have time to chew each bite of food 10,000 times when she's wrangling a fussy toddler.

• Love 2

I am like "the princess and the pea" when it comes to sleep but even I was like , "What the fresh hell, Nadine?"  I never had kids but I can only imagine the lifestyle change she will have with the new baby.  He or she will not give a rat's ass about mommy's sleep!  My dogs won't even let me sleep past 6 am because breakfast can NOT be late-ever!  

• Love 1

I don't know why everyone is so worried about Nadine having to give up her precious sleep or need to chew each bite of food 40 times just because she has a child.  She  said sure as hell isn't going to let some baby rule the roost, remember?!  ;)

• Love 1
(edited)

Someone needs to introduce these two to Target and Costco.  Their financial planner also should have introduced them to the concept of starting a college fund instead of spending $50k annually for vacations.  Disneyland is practically in your backyard, kids.

Edited by izabella
  • Love 2
(edited)

Now that is funny!  What about the bunny song?  My husband would die before he sang a song like that to me and vice versa.  Cameras or no cameras, NO FRIGGIN WAY!

My husband turns all songs into songs about me/my nickname and we've been married 18 years. It's cute so I can't say much about Erik and Nadine's singing. 

Edited by KarmaG
(edited)

Just screened here in Australia so I'm liking all of your posts late. But they certainly made me laugh... And enjoy my viewing even more!

That baby will NOT get the brief that special snowflake mummy Nadine needs her sleep. Poor Erik will probably need to be mum and dad. And be the one on night duty.

Edited by CrinkleCutCat