Type keyword(s) to search

Sherri Shepherd: "Is the Earth flat?"

springtime
  • Start Topic

OMG...those jeans and pink heels again!

I can't believe that packing list....are these children attending with a note pinned to their jacket from their parents? It is a ONE DAY event in NYC for crying out loud.

• Love 5

OMG...those jeans and pink heels again!

I can't believe that packing list....are these children attending with a note pinned to their jacket from their parents? It is a ONE DAY event in NYC for crying out loud.

Adult women need to be told, apparently, that the designer bag you carry is not just a fashion accessory. You should use it to hold stuff. Honestly, being told to carry a credit card, comb and lipstick? Oh, and a snack, just in case!

• Love 3
And a visual to go along with the radio spot: https://twitter.com/...0909953/photo/1 Those damn pants!

Apparently since she's unemployed...oops, "between jobs" she has apparently visited the donation bin at her church...blindfolded.

She thinks a woman's value is in having a man.

Any man!    She's obviously better than any of her single-mother friends and relatives, etc.  She DESERVES more!

These attendees need to be told what to pack?

Maybe the organizers follow Sherri on Twitter and are aware of her recent trip to Atlanta where she didn't pack enough (or the appropriate) clothes.  But they probably should have specified no hole-ridden jeans.  THIS MEANS YOU SHERRI SHEPHERD.

• Love 2

It sounds like they expect the participants to dress neatly and be well-groomed. (That Chia pet remark was for Sherri, I'm convinced.) It will be fun seeing what Sherri will choose to wear.

Barbara Walters seemed to have been a positive influence on Sherri when she was there - Sherri has the capability to dress like an adult woman. But without Barbara Sherri has gone in the complete opposite direction.

I have to admit that I wear thrift-shop jeans but I'd never wear ripped jeans. They might look cute on young girls - but if Sherri wants to wear them, she should be wearing a high-end sweater or shirt.

Edited by CousinAmy
  • Love 2

I have to admit that I wear thrift-shop jeans but I'd never wear ripped jeans. They might look cute on young girls - but if Sherri wants to wear them, she should be wearing a high-end sweater or shirt.

I always shop in resale and thrift stores and I have bought jeans with a hole or two in them.  However, they are not shredded.  And yes I wear a nice shirt and wedge shoes with them. 

Sherri always tries to dress trendy. And too many trends mixed together.  She definitely needs a stylist. But we all know how Sherri is at taking advice.

And as much as I love high heels I know they are not appropriate with every outfit.  I don't think I ever seen in Sherri in anything but heels.

• Love 2
...."I can't believe that packing list....are these children attending with a note pinned to their jacket from their parents? It is a ONE DAY event in NYC for crying out loud....."

Is this an event for special needs kids? The note might be necessary....

Edited by CuriousParker

Is this an event for special needs kids? The note might be necessary....

No, it's:

Activate! 2K14 is created to support and provoke women to live unapologetically, express themselves authentically and lead with a purpose. Activate! 2K14 will provide attendees with the systems, strategies and network to help women grow, lead and activate their lives. It is our desire that women have a powerful message and strong position in the shaping of our world's future.

And to teach how to pack a bag apparently!

Edited by ginger90
  • Love 3

the thing is - that is actually good advice, if you don't twist it to mean something else. To me, it's directed at women who are looking for a certain physical type - tall, blue eyes, dresses a certain way, drives a certain kind of car. It just means to look past the superficial physical "type" and consider a guy's personality and character as more important.

Sherri really didn't get it, because she always described Sal in terms of his height and weight, not in terms of his character.

Sherri used to "feel" protected by Sal, even when he wasn't around. remember how when a man accidentally got into her car, and she freaked out thinking she was going to be robbed, kidnapped and raped - she was calling her ' 6 foot 4, 200 and whatever pound husband' to come and beat the guy up. He wasn't even THERE, and she was feeling protected by his size.

Date for your priorities means to not overlook a guy who might be short, or balding, or nerdy, if he's a decent, moral guy who has the qualities you need in a partner in the long run. Sherri kind of used it to latch on to a guy who fit in with her group of friends. I think her "priority" was just to find a man.

I think certain types of women have always done this. They may fall head over heels in love with a man, for instance, but if that man doesn't make much money, these women will find someone who can "provide" for them, instead of pulling their own weight, because their priority is for a man to take care of them. Ditto for a man who may fall deeply in love with a woman, but he's a doctor or lawyer or politician, and feels he "needs" a certain type of wife by his side, regardless of love. Those are his priorities.

In Sherri's case, it seems her priorities included having a husband who had the time and inclination to be a substitute father for Jeffrey. She mentioned at one point that she usually preferred skinny men, instead of Sal's physical type, and constantly harped about wanting a man with a good FICO score, but Sal was neither of these things. It seems her priority was to find someone willing to marry her sooner than later and to be there to help with Jeffrey, since she feels he needs a man in his daily life so badly.

Edited by DangerousMinds
  • Love 1
(edited)

What is Sherri doing at the conference? I browsed through quickly- didn't see a mention

ETA- found it- She will be there with Keke- promoting Cinderella I would guess:

http://activatingamerica.com/

If you want to be an ambassador- just ask (if your state doesn't have one listed) 

Won't Cinderella be a conflict? I'm sure there is a Sat matinee

BTW- I listened to a small portion of the radio show- Being divorced twice is her latest material for comedy.

Edited by springtime

Fashion question:  Are ripped jeans even the thing now?  From what I've seen it was popular 2 years ago.

They are in fashion- Bloomingdales has 109 choices under distressed jeans: 

http://www1.bloomingdales.com/shop/womens-apparel/denim/Jean_fit_m,Sortby,Productsperpage/Distressed,ORIGINAL,96?id=5545

No need to purchase distressed jeans (at $250-$300 a pair) if you wear the same pair of jeans everyday though!

• Love 1

Toothbrush, toothpaste, deodorant, soap, shampoo/conditioner, hair products/hair dryer, nail clippers, shaving needs. Don’t want to raise your arm in the photos and you have a chia-pet growing under there. LOL

Ewwwwwww!!!! Seriously! And who writes that on a professional website!?

Toiletries, makeup, curling iron, gel, Jam, Edge control, Eyelash glue, etc.

What the heck is Jam? Edge control?

• Love 2

Sherri is in rehearsal for Broadway, wow, does anyone else wonder if she can actually pull this off without making a total fool of herself? But then she has done an excellent job of that the last 7 years on the view...

http://instagram.com/p/sBQGgEoLuF/

Any chia pet action in that shot? LOL

So, she's going to tweet from rehearsal?  That will go over well, I'm sure.

Hey I am going to support and buy tickets, my 5 year old daughter wants to be an actress so I am sowing her seed. When come to the show can you and Keke please personally speak to my daughter and give her words of wisdom. It's very important that she see Herself when she is reaching for the stars✨✨ thank you in advance.

Community theatre might be a better option for this ticket buyer (the actors would be more accessible) lol

• Love 1

I think no makeup is fine, it appears to be a rehearsal.

however, are those readers on top of her head?  Cain't be dressing/acting like a 20 year old with your readers on your head… that's when you know it's time to grow up.  Reading glasses give away the age, sistah.  (trust me, I know).

• Love 3

I loved the photo on instagram of her center stage. It is a wonderful, joyful feeling and you can see it in her face. As far as how I think she'll do? I think she'll do fine. What I've seen her in, TV sitcoms etc., she can deliver her lines.

• Love 2

I was watching the Sundance Channel on TV toonight and saw an ad for a new TV show called The Approval Matrix starting on Monday night on the Sundance channel.  .  It appears to be a talk show with 4 guests and one of the guests is Mr. Lamar Sally for the first show!!!!!! 

Last fall I wore some holey ones that had a run-in with a little acid from my car battery.  High fashion I guess.  Mine sure looked better than Sherri's.

Speaking of Mr. Sally, I checked out his twitter and he sounds like a woman talking about the baby.  It was weird to me.

Never heard about the show mentioned above, so googled it and found:

"SundanceTV presents its new original series THE APPROVAL MATRIX, hosted by comedian Neal Brennan — co-creator of Chappelle’s Show and recurring director for Inside Amy Schumer. Inspired by New York Magazine’s pop culture roundup, THE APPROVAL MATRIX is a funny, provocative talk show about our current cultural obsession. For six weekly episodes, Brennan and a panel of insiders/celebrities/critics will hilariously debate today’s most controversial entertainment/news items. Executive produced by Rory Albanese (The Daily Show) and Ish Entertainment’s Michael Hirschorn (Best Week Ever)."

Has Salley ever even been on a TV show before (other than when he was on The View with Sherrie?). Is he even considered to be a real insider/celebrity? Ha!

The Approval Matrix website lists the show's guests. Sally's name is not on it for any of the episodes, and there are only 6 episodes. The guests are all famous comedians, well-known tv writers and tv personalities.

• Love 2

The Approval Matrix website lists the show's guests. Sally's name is not on it for any of the episodes, and there are only 6 episodes. The guests are all famous comedians, well-known tv writers and tv personalities.

Is he a host? I don't see that station on my guide, guess I don't get that one.

No, the host is a white comedian (can't recall his name) It's a show where the host and 4 guests sit around and talk about pop culture. Kind of like a lower-brow version of the old Politically Incorrect show.

Wondering WHY the "media" seem to be ignoring Sherri Shepherd's actions regarding the baby she has loudly said she wanted for years. Apparently a uterus was found (one with no drama!), an egg donated and Sal's sperm was used.

But suddenly this child had as much chance existing in Sherri's life as the babies she aborted. Is she truly this heartless? I have never liked her but to do something this unfeeling & heartless is bizarre. How does she explain that Sal tricked her, will we ever know & there still is a helpless child on this earth that WOULD NOT be here without Sherri's money....

Everyone, including Sherri, has their right to privacy, but she has made the public a major part of her life for years. WHY is she is not accountable for a human life that would NOT be alive if she had not paved the way.

Edited by dumbdownus
  • Love 3

The Matrix in the magazine is in the form of a graph, with opposites like "hot" and "cold" on top and bottom, then other opposites from side to side. So the reader can "rate" people by placing them in one of the four quadrants.

(edited)
Everyone, including Sherri, has their right to privacy, but she has made the public a major part of her life for years. WHY is she is not accountable for a human life that would NOT be alive if she had not paved the way.

Sal has made it clear (in his separation filing) that he does not want her involved with the baby.

http://amradaronline.files.wordpress.com/2014/05/sherribb.pdf

Not biologically hers, she would have to legally adopt the child- As the biological father, he would have a large say in this matter.

Her choices were to battle legally for years- or walk away (I'm sure she consulted with her attorney.

The financial part of it will be decided by the court(s) and this will take time.

I think Sal made a mistake stating that he wants LJ all to himself- it will definitely be a factor against him in his fight for her money!

eta: LJ isn't an abandoned helpless baby- Sal wanted to raise him alone and that is what is happening.

Edited by springtime
  • Love 5

LJ isn't an abandoned helpless baby- Sal wanted to raise him alone and that is what is happening.

Sherri squealed for years about wanting a new baby so badly & she simply turned her back, that is not humane in my not so humble opinion

• Love 2

Sal has made it clear (in his separation filing) that he does not want her involved with the baby.

Not biologically hers, she would have to legally adopt the child- As the biological father, he would have a large say in this matter.

Her choices were to battle legally for years- or walk away (I'm sure she consulted with her attorney.

The financial part of it will be decided by the court(s) and this will take time.

I think Sal made a mistake stating that he wants LJ all to himself- it will definitely be a factor against him in his fight for her money!

eta: LJ isn't an abandoned helpless baby- Sal wanted to raise him alone and that is what is happening.

That's not entirely accurate. He asked for legal and physical custody of the child but also for "reasonable" visitation rights for Sherri. He also asked that she not interfere with him taking custody of the child at birth, which basically translates into please don't storm into the hospital and make a huge, ugly scene and a literal tug-of-war over the child. I have to be honest, it doesn't take much imagination for me to picture Sherri doing just that in the heat of the moment if left to her own devices. Happily it appears cooler heads prevailed all around on that day at least, and it was relatively drama free for the sake of the baby.

• Love 2

Wondering WHY the "media" seem to be ignoring Sherri Shepherd's actions regarding the baby she has loudly said she wanted for years. Apparently a uterus was found (one with no drama!), an egg donated and Sal's sperm was used.

But suddenly this child had as much chance existing in Sherri's life as the babies she aborted. Is she truly this heartless? I have never liked her but to do something this unfeeling & heartless is bizarre. How does she explain that Sal tricked her, will we ever know & there still is a helpless child on this earth that WOULD NOT be here without Sherri's money....

I too find it bizarre that the media has been so quiet about all this. Maybe Sherri paid Sal off to keep very quiet about the situation? So there is no real news to report?

Sal has made it clear (in his separation filing) that he does not want her involved with the baby.

I think Sal made a mistake stating that he wants LJ all to himself- it will definitely be a factor against him in his fight for her money!

Given this info, it would seem to me that Sherri would also be off the hook for any support of the baby she has no biological link and no right to see.

That's not entirely accurate. He asked for legal and physical custody of the child but also for "reasonable" visitation rights for Sherri. He also asked that she not interfere with him taking custody of the child at birth, which basically translates into please don't storm into the hospital and make a huge, ugly scene and a literal tug-of-war over the child. I have to be honest, it doesn't take much imagination for me to picture Sherri doing just that in the heat of the moment if left to her own devices. Happily it appears cooler heads prevailed all around on that day at least, and it was relatively drama free for the sake of the baby.

Well, who paid the huge hospital bills for the birth?

Perhaps all of the financial needs were set up in an account of some sort when the surrogate agreement was drawn up?

I do wonder, can a surrogate use their own insurance for the hospital stay? I don't see why not but you never know.

Edited by ginger90

Good question. I was thinking the surrogate couldn't use her own insurance, because insurance companies are the devils that they are, but maybe I'm wrong. A lot of people do have to pay co insurance of say, 20% of the total costs, however, even if fully covered and approved.

Good question. I was thinking the surrogate couldn't use her own insurance, because insurance companies are the devils that they are, but maybe I'm wrong. A lot of people do have to pay co insurance of say, 20% of the total costs, however, even if fully covered and approved.

I have to say, I don't recall being asked if I was a surrogate any time I gave birth, LOL! The whole surrogacy thing is quite interesting to me as far as how this will play out in court..

• Love 1

Not only the hospital bills but the other medical costs involved with a birth, then you add in what the surrogate charged, the egg donor charged, I would think major bucks were involved & Sherri was the only one who had money. So she feels she can just "write off" those expenses, she has no biological or sentimental attachment to the child, another expensive "mistake" on her part.

On the radio show yesterday she stated she had not done her "due diligence" regarding Sal, guess she didn't do any "due diligence" or any real thought to consequences with the whole surrogacy plan....

• Love 1

the whole story about Cinderella confuses me....... First...any time I heard about a girl losing her shoe at midnight.... she was drunk

Then Prince Charming found the love of his life........ but no matter how hard he tries... he has no idea what she looks like

Ya gotta wonder what went through the head of the writer of this interesting story.

Ya gotta wonder what went through the head of the writer of this interesting story.

Does anyone recall how it was originally told? I think it started with the mother dying, and Cinderella visited her grave many times a day. The father remarried, blah blah. Also someone cut off a toe to make their foot fit in the slipper? I seem to recall at the end the step sisters were blinded (by birds that poked their eyes out?). I hope this wasn't something  I had a dream about, LOL!

Anyway, dress up pretty and a man will rescue you?

Edited by ginger90
  • Love 3

Sherri had not done her due diligence - ok, that made me actually chortle. 

She did NOTHING except see a fancy TV wedding, a TV special and a huzzbin.  I'd say she got what she wanted and only saw a reality show fuzzy future.  

Planning is for dullards. 

• Love 1

No need to purchase distressed jeans (at $250-$300 a pair) if you wear the same pair of jeans everyday though

OR - go to Kohl's (or any store of your choice that has affordable jeans), use your 15, 20 or 30% off coupon (or Kohl's cash if you have any), take the jeans home, use your own scissors and cut away.  Wash in mild bleach, hang outside in the sun, rinse and repeat - - - VOILA, I predict you will have a pair of jeans as fashion 'forward' as Sherri's - and you can still afford a cool pair of shoes at DSW!

The original Cinderella story was very dark...lots of death, terrible treatment by the stepmom and sises, toes cut off etc.  And of course a man rides up to save the day.

Read the Grimm's fairy tales as they were originally published - that is some scary stuff!  The Disneyfication of fairy tales has completely changed their impact, for better or worse I am not prepared to say.

You'll look better too!

• Love 3

I gave my grandson my original Grimm's Fairy Tales that I read a million times. A few years later he told me, 'I love those Grimm's Fairy Tales. I read the book two times!"

It's nice to know that he loved the originals as well. My daughter in law was a bit queasy at first when she read some of them but I think we won her over.

• Love 4

I too find it bizarre that the media has been so quiet about all this. Maybe Sherri paid Sal off to keep very quiet about the situation? So there is no real news to report?

Given this info, it would seem to me that Sherri would also be off the hook for any support of the baby she has no biological link and no right to see.

If you look again at Sal's petition it notes that there is a trust set up for all prenatal expenses pursuant to the GC contract. She's not off the hook for anything until multiple courts say she is. Last I heard, California wasn't moving forward on the child support etc. issue until the Pennsylvania courts made a decision. Presumably that's the first step in her attempt to break the GC contract. I don't think we've seen anything yet about whether not Pennsylvania has made its decision. Should be interesting.

• Love 3