Type keyword(s) to search

Sherri Shepherd: "Is the Earth flat?"

springtime
  • Start Topic

So true....selfies should be taken by the self....why I don't know.

But to STAG a photo of oneself is absolutely ridiculous. Self to aide or stranger for one....."Excuse me a moment......hey, hey, hey - can someone come over and take a photo of us! Please! Oh, how much fun are we having.....or oops, hope I haven't awakened my son in our tender moment to document this but hey you, in seat 13C...."

It was very telling the INF professional photographer just happened to be taking pics of those entering the hotel for the wedding and caught Sherri doing her joy ridden open mouth smile selfie all alone. And then... she.didn't post it because it was already  on the internet.

• Love 1

Tempted to send this little WaPo piece to Sherri, especially the last paragraph:

"We could all learn a thing or two from Jolie and Pitt. Their value of privacy over the “never take your eyes off me” preening of Hollywood, and the impulse to instantaneously over-share in today’s age of camera phones and social media, is worthy of admiration."

http://www.washingto...lue-of-privacy

I always find it ironic that the most of the time the really famous celebs are the ones who just go about living their lives.  But it's the celebs like Sherri who seem to have an inflated sense of where they fall in the celebrity pecking order.  I'm not saying this has ever happened but I could totally see Sherri pull a "Don't you know who I am" if she thought she wasn't getting treated right.  I remember when she got pulled over by the police and some of her Twitter followers were saying "Don't they know who you are."  Which of course is ridiculous.  It doesn't matter who she is.  If she was breaking a traffic law then she deserved to be pulled over.

IMO Sherri will never be more of a celebrity than she is now.  In fact I wouldn't be surprised if she becomes less known.  The View gave her access to a much bigger audience than she will ever reach with the projects she has lined up.  Sure she is some movies but she isn't the star. Not even close.  And I will make the prediction that if and when Sherri's "star" starts falling she becomes even more Twitter happy.  I have a feeling she will do anything to stay in the public eye.

Edited by CuriousParker
  • Love 8

Sherri's latest tweet has a link http://www.playbill.com/news/article/photo-call-its-possible-new-cinderella-stars-keke-palmer-sherri-shepherd-an#.VAc8VaKRSRk.twitter to an article that refers to Keke as an actress, but Sherri as a co-host. I know I'm being picky but loved that phrase & the one on the weekend calling Sherri the "biggest" celeb to arrive early to Maccarthy/Wahlberg wedding.And you know how my nasty but honest mind is interpreting "biggest"

Kaye joins actress Keke Palmer and "The View" co-host Sherri Shepherd, who begin performances in the Tony-nominated production this month.

Edited by dumbdownus
  • Love 1

the one on the weekend calling Sherri the "biggest" celeb to arrive early to Maccarthy/Wahlberg wedding

If Sherri was the biggest celeb at the wedding what does that say about Donnie and Jenny?  They don't have any A-list friends?

Sal rejects Sherri's divorce offer of $100,000 and $3000 a month child support

He wants child support to be  $10,000 a month.

The former "The View" co-host recently offered Sally a one-time $100,000 payment and $3,000 in monthly child support, even though she changed her mind about the baby.

http://www.christianpost.com/news/sherri-shepherd-ex-lamar-sally-rejects-100000-divorce-payout-offer-amid-surrogate-baby-dispute-125782/

Edited by springtime

Broadway world message boards give some views on Sherri being given the role in Cinderella: 

http://www.broadwayworld.com/board/readmessage.php?thread=1075381&dt=77

this is a community of people who discuss plays, the way we discuss TV shows.  

Most comments are negative, based on views of Sherri as being an anti-gay bigot.  People posting there are saying they will buy tickets on the days Sherri is not appearing, they even listed the days she won't be there, to be sure they all know. 

• Love 6

Broadway world message boards give some views on Sherri being given the role in Cinderella: 

http://www.broadwayworld.com/board/readmessage.php?thread=1075381&dt=77

this is a community of people who discuss plays, the way we discuss TV shows.  

Most comments are negative, based on views of Sherri as being an anti-gay bigot.  People posting there are saying they will buy tickets on the days Sherri is not appearing, they even listed the days she won't be there, to be sure they all know. 

Thanks for linking that. It's a very interesting read. 

He wants child support to be  $10,000 a month.

http://www.christianpost.com/news/sherri-shepherd-ex-lamar-sally-rejects-100000-divorce-payout-offer-amid-surrogate-baby-dispute-125782/

What an interesting tale this will turn out to be.

Sherri's latest tweet has a link http://www.playbill.com/news/article/photo-call-its-possible-new-cinderella-stars-keke-palmer-sherri-shepherd-an#.VAc8VaKRSRk.twitter to an article that refers to Keke as an actress, but Sherri as a co-host. I know I'm being picky but loved that phrase & the one on the weekend calling Sherri the "biggest" celeb to arrive early to Maccarthy/Wahlberg wedding.And you know how my nasty but honest mind is interpreting "biggest"

Such interesting clothing choices in this photo http://www.playbill.com/multimedia/gallery/its-possible-new-cinderella-stars-keke-palmer-sherri-shepherd-and-judy-kaye   No torn jeans but she's back to having to pee!  http://www.playbill.com/multimedia/gallery/its-possible-new-cinderella-stars-keke-palmer-sherri-shepherd-and-judy-kaye/5

Edited by ginger90
  • Love 3

And once again Sherri's wardrobe choices literally hurt my eyes. Yeesh. I've never personally understood the whole open toe boot thing, but those particular boots look bizarrely out of proportion. Sherry has very toned legs, but they just happened to be naturally thick and muscular. High ankle straps and anything that cuts her off midcalf does her NO favors. Can't say I'm all that jazzed about Keke's outfit either (or at least that choice of top with those jeans), but at least she's young enough and has the figure to get away with it.

Edited by TribbleTrouble
  • Love 3

He wants child support to be $10,000 a month.

I would guess that the $10K figure is largely a negotiating counter offer, but I find it very interesting that she's offering child support at all. Wonder if this means Sal got good news from the Pennsylvania court regarding the GC contract? Also interesting how "the source" in the articles made a point of referring to the baby as "Lamar's son."

• Love 3

She sure wants everyone to see that whitening job she had on her teeth.  Could her mouth be pulled any bigger?  And great design on that dress to accent her upper body - ya know, since she needs that.  At first look I thought the shoes were casts.

• Love 3

For that dress a knee length boot would have been a much a better choice.  Sherri has atrocious fashion sense.

Most comments are negative, based on views of Sherri as being an anti-gay bigot.  People posting there are saying they will buy tickets on the days Sherri is not appearing, they even listed the days she won't be there, to be sure they all know.

Sherri might like to pretend she isn't homophobic and we should "know what's in her heart" but her remarks on the View all these years and the interview she gave last year have given her quite a reputation as being gay-unfriendly. 

He wants child support to be  $10,000 a month.

So if Sherri is willing to pay child support does that mean she wants to be part of the child's life?  And Sal asking for $10,000?  Wow, does he plan on putting mink diapers on his son?

• Love 5

Thanks for linking that. It's a very interesting read. 

What an interesting tale this will turn out to be.

Such interesting clothing choices in this photo http://www.playbill.com/multimedia/gallery/its-possible-new-cinderella-stars-keke-palmer-sherri-shepherd-and-judy-kaye   No torn jeans but she's back to having to pee!  http://www.playbill.com/multimedia/gallery/its-possible-new-cinderella-stars-keke-palmer-sherri-shepherd-and-judy-kaye/5

I see Keke Palmer had the ripped jeans so Sherri couldn't wear hers..... Since I'm not a style icon I have to ask..... why is that pose with one foot in front of the other so popular?? I heard it was supposed to have a slimming effect..... but I don't see that either

This is what Sherri actually wore to the wedding: http://images.intouchweekly.com/uploads/images/file/5597/jenny-mccarthy-donnie-wahlberg-wedding-5.jpg?fit=crop&w=680 (hopefully it works.  You may have to go here to see it.)  

Also it seems that Nene Leakes will replace Sherri on Broadway as the (final) stepmother in Cinderella; the show will close in the new year. 

That dress is much more proper for a wedding..... Im glad you found this photo

I see Keke Palmer had the ripped jeans so Sherri couldn't wear hers..... Since I'm not a style icon I have to ask..... why is that pose with one foot in front of the other so popular?? I heard it was supposed to have a slimming effect..... but I don't see that either

That dress is much more proper for a wedding..... Im glad you found this photo

So, Sherri wore a dress on the flight, and had the same dress on in her photographed selfie, and in her 6am my makeup is great photo but in between changed? Weird.

• Love 2

The dress she wore to the wedding is very nice.

As far as the support goes, sorry but I wouldn't offer that man a dime. He can get a job. He can go to work. He can make a life for himself and his son. He wants her to shell out 120K a year in child support? Guess he will enjoy sitting on his kiester and playing single dad. Until he finds another desperate woman to marry him.

It's obvious that Sherri feels burned by him and wants nothing to do with the child. I don't blame her. She has enough to deal with. Not saying she didn't bring it on herself but she has no biological or emotional connection to the child. And you can bet  that the 30 to 40K spent to hire the surrogate, get the donor egg, etc etc came out of her pockets and not his. In the years right before they married, his majority of income came from unemployment (it's in the public records). He didn't earn a dime while they were married. Sickening.

Edited by maryis1
  • Love 7

In the years right before they married, his majority of income came from unemployment (it's in the public records). He didn't earn a dime while they were married. Sickening.

Not that it should, but this will probably work in Sal's favor as far as support from Sherri goes, wouldn't it ?

I am still waiting to see how this legally plays out.

Story on Sherri on The Insider and she now says Joan Rivers was her mentor (not Bawa) and that they were supposed to do lunch before Joan's medical thing happened.

She also said, when asked about her personal stuff, and I QUOTE:  "I'm not on The View anymore so I don't like putting all my biz-ness out there I just don't talk about that stuff, I just smile and don't say anything"  

knock me over with a feather.

No torn jeans but she's back to having to pee!  http://www.playbill....and-judy-kaye/5

I don't know WHAT she's wearing on her feet, but they look like open-toed ice skates! 

at first I thought she had bandages on her feet…. then I saw the stiletto heels.  Maybe it's just me, but those just look like streetwalking shoes to me...

And once again Sherri's wardrobe choices literally hurt my eyes. Yeesh. I've never personally understood the whole open toe boot thing, but those particular boots look bizarrely out of proportion. Sherry has very toned legs, but they just happened to be naturally thick and muscular. High ankle straps and anything that cuts her off midcalf does her NO favors. Can't say I'm all that jazzed about Keke's outfit either (or at least that choice of top with those jeans), but at least she's young enough and has the figure to get away with it.

I think there's something jarring about the contrast between the bright whiteness of the foot ware and the dark skin tone.  It breaks up her leg in a non-flattering way rather than elongating her legs like darker boots would.

• Love 3

Story on Sherri on The Insider and she now says Joan Rivers was her mentor (not Bawa) and that they were supposed to do lunch before Joan's medical thing happened.

Of course, it's all about......................................Sherri!

• Love 2

Sherri will say anything to stay "relevant."

IMO Joan Rivers as her mentor is ridiculous in so many ways.

And Joan is a friend of BW's in real life.

Oh- and I wish Keke would distance herself from Sherri......Keke is very talented and seems to me does not need Sherri's support or wisdom.

• Love 3
Since I'm not a style icon I have to ask..... why is that pose with one foot in front of the other so popular?? I heard it was supposed to have a slimming effect..... but I don't see that either

Stand in front of the mirror, with your feet apart and pointed straight ahead.   Notice how wide your hips are.   Then put on foot forward, turning your hips slightly.  .  In a photo, your hips now look slimmer because you're turned slightly sideways.   It's an illusion.  

• Love 3

I just read some comments under an article linked to Yahoo about the rejected settlement. The 100% consensus seems to be 'get off your raggedy arse and get a job." And all seem to think that she should retract any new offers and keep him to the original lump sum payment. Or buyout. Or whatever you want to call it.

• Love 2

Maybe Sherri's attorneys could be using this strategy to show Sal's greed.  Or another thought I had was that with Sherri offering child support it could look like she wants to be involved in the baby's and Sal's life - which I don't think he wants, just her money not her time in the life of the baby they both agreed to make.

So big, lazy Sal can get a payoff or he can have Sherri in his and LJ's life.  Ah, who knows, but it will be interesting to see how it plays out.

• Love 1

Newsflash:

From the Daily Mail

Anybody else hearing Sherri now quietly dating the singer Johnny Gill? Somebody PLEASE help this poor woman. ..

Sorry if this has already been posted/discussed.

Edited by BetteBoo

In the seven+ years Sherri was on The View, she NEVER referred to Joan Rivers as a mentor. When Joan was on, Sherri never said anything like that to her. I am extremely skeptical of that claim.

Joan MAY have had scheduled a lunch with Sherri - Joan might have had a soft spot for Sherri, having been shitcanned herself years ago. But I do not think they had a "mentorship."

• Love 1

Newsflash:

From the Daily Mail

Anybody else hearing Sherri now quietly dating the singer Johnny Gill? Somebody PLEASE help this poor woman. ..

When has Sherri ever done anything quietly?

'She enjoys having a man who can actually take care of her. He picks up the check at dinner and takes care of her flights. He's financially secure and that's very appealing to her,' the source added.

Hah!!!!  I bet that is appealing to her.

I take it that Johnny Gill is gay or on the down low - what with the comments about Sherri being another beard?

But for the article about her following him around.  First thought, well, anything to not be with Jeffrey while chasing a man.  Just like my biological mother did with my younger sister.

That smearing under her eye looks like the pic when she said her makeup had held up.  Ok fine.

take it that Johnny Gill is gay or on the down low - what with the comments about Sherri being another beard?

Don't know if it's true or not but it would just be like Sherri to totally ignore what is obvious to everyone else.

But for the article about her following him around.  First thought, well, anything to not be with Jeffrey while chasing a man

Do we know of the dates when she was flying to these concerts?  Maybe Jeffrey was at camp or with his dad?  Because if he was  home during this time and she was flying all over the country to play groupie then I'm going to think even less of her than I do now.

• Love 3

I wouldn't offer Sal a penny.  He's just another damaged beyond repair "man."  

However, Sherri probably wouldn't listen to anybody if they did give her advice.  I remember that, right when Sherri started on the View, Whoopi was on Star Jones' show and she was talking about Sherri.  Whoopi said that maybe she and Star should take Sherri out to dinner; I think it was to tell her to stop acting like a fool on the show.  But obviously that didn't take.

• Love 3

To each their own and all of that. If it's true Sherri is dating someone I would think it should be kept quiet. She isn't divorced yet and she has a child. Maybe if there wasn't a child I'd feel differently.

Any way here's a picture of Sherri on stage at one of the concerts: https://twitter.com/iluvthesun/status/496458116759040000

I seem to recall her taking Jeffrey to a wrestling event and her posting a picture of the two of them, but not a concert. 

Joan MAY have had scheduled a lunch with Sherri

Who's to say that Joan didn't schedule dinner with me?

Uh, yeah, my point was to, for the sake of argument, giving Sherri the benefit of the doubt that she's telling the truth, and pointing out that even if true ,that still didn't support her big claim that Joan was her mentor. I'm not sure what you're getting at.

Edited by Mumbles

From the wise words of BetteBoo:        

Newsflash: From the Daily Mail Anybody else hearing Sherri now quietly dating the singer Johnny Gill?

Remind me...when has Sherri done anything "quietly"?  And...how long will this quiet dating continue now that Sherri's no longer on television every day...maybe thru a run on Broadway?

Edited by Former Nun
  • Love 3

I think it is unseemly of Sherri to even be dating this soon....but that is just me.

I also remember when she was so lustful for that WWE guy while hiding her being with Sal.....trying to throw people off. I take all of this with a grain of salt.

Interesting about the nude selfies, if true, comes right when Sherri offers $100,000 rather than $60,000 and $3000 child support rather than none.

• Love 3

Remind me...when has Sherri done anything "quietly"?

Upon reflection, she actually dated Sal pretty quietly. She was playing the oversexed horndog on the show with all the male guests right up to her announcement, and then defended her fakeness by saying she was "representing" for all the single ladies.

I was thinking she made the 100g/3gs a mo offer because she got some unsettling news from her attorney. Her original position was that she wasn't giving a penny more than the prenup calls for.

Why else the about face?

• Love 7