Type keyword(s) to search

Stitchers - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Season premiere is tonight...

"2.0" - After Kristen brings Cameron back from the dead, her temporal dysplasia appears to have subsided, and she experiences real emotions again; the lab goes into lockdown under mysterious circumstances; Camille tries to cheer Fisher up.

• Love 1

That was… um, well… hm. All over the place?

I like the new stitcher suit!

It is a nice suit, everything else...meh.  I almost forgot about it until I saw there was a new episode.

I did like their snarky little dig at iZombie, apparently meant to differentiate the two similar Tuesday night shows:

Security Captain: So... she can see his memories?

Maggie: It's called stitching.

Security Captain: Does she have to eat his brain?

Maggie: What? No, she's not a zombie! This is science.

Security Captain: Thank God!

So they decided to give Kirsten emotions? Isn't that changing her most basic characteristic? She's going to be a completely different person with emotions, I'm not happy about that.

• Love 2

Yeah, I don't know why they decided to give their two lead characters complete personality changes. For Cameron, it's something of an improvement, he was definitely less of a whiny worrywart but I liked Kirsten the way she was, weirdly enough. Although, if she's going to spend the season sulking at Cameron over Turner's hidden room that he inadvertently designed, I guess it won't be much different from season-1-Kirsten anyway.

Also? The episode description was strange. No where did I see Camille trying to cheer up Fisher. She left him to a sponge bath that he did not want, that was the extent of THAT plot thread.

• Love 1

So they decided to give Kirsten emotions? Isn't that changing her most basic characteristic? She's going to be a completely different person with emotions, I'm not happy about that.

Yes, I'm guessing some retooling.

• Love 1

Also? The episode description was strange. No where did I see Camille trying to cheer up Fisher. She left him to a sponge bath that he did not want, that was the extent of THAT plot thread.

Yeah. I pulled that from TitanTV's website. Not sure where they got it because the only ABC/Disney press website' synopsis that I could find for this episode was even shorter.

Whoo, shirtless Fisher!

The group dynamic is interesting. Almost like they're chemistry testing some of the groupings. But I don't care how hard they push those Camsten hashtags at me, I still like Kirsten with Fisher.

• Love 1

Whoo, shirtless Fisher!

The group dynamic is interesting. Almost like they're chemistry testing some of the groupings. But I don't care how hard they push those Camsten hashtags at me, I still like Kirsten with Fisher.

I like Fisher with anyone, but that's just because I like to look at Fisher!

• Love 4

Whoo, shirtless Fisher!

Same here, I pretty much forgot about the case of the week during the episode itself.

Kirsten: He is your brother
Camille’s Brother: See? This one has a heart
Camille: Yeah, that’s a recent development, not sure I like it.

Thanks Camille, that pretty much sums up how I feel. Also, who’s personality does Cameron have now?

Is it my imagination, or does it seem like they are using Camille as the lead female & Kirsten in a supporting role? I'm not really feeling the show this season, I think I'm going to give it up, they seem to be concentrating on relationships more than the crimes, & they aren't very interesting to me.

Linus, you really didn't see him cleaning out your house?

I don't DISlike the changes in Kirsten and Cameron's personalities, but I wish they'd move on with the subject instead of talking about it constantly. Yes, they're different, we get it. The actors seems capable of showing us, we don't need to be told all the time.

Camille was right, her brother IS a douche.

(edited)

Yep. Total douche but I was screaming at the tv not to leave him alone in the apartment. He should have been thrown out right then.

Me too I was worried Linus was going to come home to all his valuables missing!

Edited by Texasmom1970

So now it looks like they're torpedoing Kirsten and Cameron to put him with Comic Book Girl, while Kirsten gets paired with… Fisher? (please oh please oh please)

I cheered Camille kicking her brother's ass and flashing that NSA badge. He got even douchier with the bringing over of his shitbag friends.

• Love 2

So now it looks like they're torpedoing Kirsten and Cameron to put him with Comic Book Girl, while Kirsten gets paired with… Fisher? (please oh please oh please)

Probably the same thing they did with Kirsten's ex last season.

Well, my DVR cut off right after the guy came in & said ELizabeth whatshername got married & Kirsten asked if he got her number so I have no idea what happened after that. I'm also not enjoying "the search for Kirsten's daddy" plot at all, I don't even remember why she's looking, & I want her to go back to having no emotions because this Kirsten is not interesting at all. 

• Love 1

Disappearing heart problems so they can butch up Cameron? Well, if the script says so, I guess. On the other hand, in the long run, not having emotions is incapacitating. We can think of emotions as motivations. People without motivations don't function. (For all I know, come to think of it, the word "emotion" may share a root with "motor.")

Camille is so alpha she plainly needs a beta male for her down time. I ship Linus/Camille. 

• Love 1

Pretty much everyone on this show is likable in a soft way. Maybe that's why it appeals to me, despite not being very sharply written. 

On the other hand, there may be a deliberate parallel between Camille/Liam and Nina/Cameron...which is more industrious on the writing than I gave them credit for.

• Love 1

At the end of this week's episode, what did the note say?  Kirsten looked all tense and then the camera faded out.  I agree that this hunt for her mother/father is boring.    Not enjoying the Liam story line at all.  This show was better last season.

• Love 1
21 hours ago, lark37 said:

At the end of this week's episode, what did the note say?  Kirsten looked all tense and then the camera faded out.  I agree that this hunt for her mother/father is boring.    Not enjoying the Liam story line at all.  This show was better last season.

I agree Liam can go back down under, no hidden meaning, it is just too obvious of them using that story line to cause unnecessary tension between Camille and Linus. 

Okay so is Nina just really inappropriately nosy or is she spying?

23 hours ago, lark37 said:

My DVR keeps cutting off the last minute of the show. I don't know if it's my cable company or if the show is off by a minute, but it's annoying. The show was much better last year (not that it was great), but this year they've done all the personality changes & screwed everything up. The only reason I still watch it is because nothing else is on at that time.

They really went heavy on the relationships this week.  Linus/Camille/Liam (ugh), Kirsten/Cameron/Nina, and Fisher opening up to the Bodyguard.

On 4/27/2016 at 3:29 PM, lark37 said:

At the end of this week's episode, what did the note say?

It was a translation of the quote/proverb that Kirsten said to the victim's father.  With that scene, I'm guessing the show was trying to imply that whoever created the Young Cameron Construct has active inside knowledge and/or access to the Stitchers program.

5 hours ago, Texasmom1970 said:

Okay so is Nina just really inappropriately nosy or is she spying?

I think if Nina was an evil spy, the show would have revealed that at the end of this episode (e.g. meeting with someone or filing a surveillance report on her laptop). But, I'm leaning toward just Nina being nosy (or more accurately, the writers just wanting to emphasize Kirsten's obsession), rather than having a secret agenda. Though, regarding the latter my crazy wild guess would be that she turns out to be Kirsten's half-sister or something.

• Love 2
On ‎4‎/‎27‎/‎2016 at 0:29 PM, lark37 said:

It was a quote from the stitch. Something the father said to the daughter. Red hat boy said there would be something at Kirsten's door that proved he was real.

• Love 1
On ‎4‎/‎20‎/‎2016 at 9:08 AM, sjohnson said:

Camille is so alpha she plainly needs a beta male for her down time. I ship Linus/Camille. 

See I don't think Camille and Linus work.   It's most likely because I just don't feel any thing more than decent chemistry between the two actors.  I liked the hints of Camille/Fisher in the first couple of eps, and while I'm not a fan of the story line, I think she and Liam's actor have better chemistry. 

I'm ok with the sort of reboot of the characters this season but I'm not a fan of the timing/pacing of the eps.  It's like we are supposed to believe enough time has passed for Maggie & Camille to discuss/set up Liam, Kirsten to become deeply obsessed with her daddy search, Cameron to kinda move on from Kirsten, etc.  But it feels as though only a week or so has passed in show. 

• Love 1
On 4/27/2016 at 11:15 AM, sjohnson said:

Pretty much everyone on this show is likable in a soft way. Maybe that's why it appeals to me, despite not being very sharply written. 

On the other hand, there may be a deliberate parallel between Camille/Liam and Nina/Cameron...which is more industrious on the writing than I gave them credit for.

Don't know why the software is quoting me, sorry. 

But, to me shipping Linus and Camille is like Ron and Hermione. Sure, Harry's the arm candy, but let's face it, that means Hermione is going to carry his baggage for the rest of her life. Ron carries Hermione's baggage, the way it should be.

Edited by sjohnson

I am probably the only viewer who feels this way but I still wish they would put Fisher and Kirsten together. I see nothing between her and Cameron, even before Nina. Maybe that is just me wanting to see more Fisher.

• Love 3
On ‎5‎/‎5‎/‎2016 at 0:10 PM, Texasmom1970 said:

I am probably the only viewer who feels this way but I still wish they would put Fisher and Kirsten together. I see nothing between her and Cameron, even before Nina. Maybe that is just me wanting to see more Fisher.

IA actually since they seem more like friends and co-workers.

• Love 1
(edited)

I wasn't on board the Kirsten/Fischer train until the last couple episodes. The way he ran to her after she passed out in the tank and the convo this episode had me seeing some sparks. Whether they are friend/sibling sparks or romantic has yet to be seen in my opinion.

I am really liking this season a lot with the deepening mythology and Kirsten 's search for Stinger. I hope this bodes well for another season pickup. 

Edited by SanLynn
  • Love 1

Putting Fisher with anybody, including Cameron and Linus, works for hot, because, you know, Fisher. 

But seriously shipping, as in true love, Fisher/Kirsten seems to me it would be Daddy/Ingenue, the one teaching the ways of the world to a silly young thing. 

On a side note, the half-sister Ivy Brown remarks on Cameron having great hair. The scary thing is she didn't seem to be sarcastic. It never bothered me because hair is superficial, but is it really supposed to be a Good Thing?

• Love 1

I'm wondering if there was supposed to be a hiatus between episode 8 and 9, because this episode was suuuuper heavy with exposition. The kind you get coming back from a hiatus.

Kirsten/Fisher 4eva! (I don't know where that came from...)

• Love 3
On Saturday, May 21, 2016 at 11:01 AM, AmandaPanda said:

Tuesday's episode was just so weird. It's like it was meant to be an introduction episode for new viewers, which I would understand if it weren't the penultimate episode of the season.

It's weird because at times, it feels kind of out of order.

(edited)

So Season 1 ended with Cameron in danger, S2 Spring Finale has Kirsten in danger. I'm seeing a pattern here.

Daniel Stinger was playing little Cameron the whole time. Who's shocked? I do wonder what his end game is though. Is he trying to kill Kirsten by keeping her in the memory with her mother or is he trying to help her? I feel like he might be trying to hurt her. But to my mind they haven't developed the overarching mythology enough. I'm not sure I care.

I may have missed something but the Stitchers group just basically killed their own program right? How are they going to manage to get the NSA to fund them now that they've "gone rogue" and kidnapped Blair and his lackeys? I may need to re-watch this whole season because I'm confused.

That said the Cameron/Kirsten scenes were really touching, the Kirsten/Camille scenes were great as always and I'm really sad about Linus' dad. SO there were  a lot of good moments for me tonight despite my problems with the overall mythology/storyline. Oh and I loved Camille kicking ass.

Also, I'm still not sure Nina isn't a plant. Probably over analyzing that one but it just feels like something is off there. She took the lie news really well considering.

Edited by SanLynn
  • Love 2

That was painful, I don't even know what this show is about anymore. This season seemed to be "Kirsten: The Search for Daddy" & now it looks like next season (is there a next season?) will be "Kirsten: The Search for Mommy". Was that the original premise?

• Love 2

Perhaps the first season was the search for Kirsten? 

I could have sworn Nina found the badge in Cameron's robe? If so, did he put it there for her to find (unconsciously even?)

I don't know whether they're positioning Dad to be a more or less good guy. If so, his attempt to poison the memory of Ed Clark by the mommy reveal isn't fitting. Also, Baptiste's plausible thought that Dad was intending to use Ivy as the new Kirsten isn't promising either.

The problem with playing loose with the "science" in science fiction is that you hardly know what to think. The guy the NSA murdered said you couldn't just pull Mommy out of the tank. To my ears, that sounded like "or she might die." So it seems like they've done "Mommy's alive! Oh no, Mommy's dead!" in the episode. All this would be believable grounds for Kirsten being an emotional wreck. It's already paid off in the Kirsten/Cameron climax. 

As to ships? I'm still shipping Linus/Camille. She's not a bit needy, but Linus could add a little nice to her life. I know she's out of his league in the cool, and the kickass, and the booty too. But in my opinion, unless you actually give negatives for brainiac, she can't look down on Linus without being, well, not too nice. I see the appeal of Camille/Fisher. But I think that with his age, experience he's more about someone Camille to look up to. This is great in a mentor, but more equality would work for Camille? It's Kirsten who really does need a bit of a daddy in a partner. And as tender and honest as I think Cameron is, that's not the same as being able to do the job. So I guess if Kirsten has to pair off now, her best bet is Fisher. But I'm inclined to think she's right to put commitments on hold. She's a mess right now. For pure hotness, though, I'm afraid I'd have to ship Fisher/Baptiste. 

Hi all I forgot to watch the show after the first season but I caught up on it on demand just in time to watch this.  It's a ok show but I honestly don't care at all about the romance between Kristen and Cameron.  Then again tv romances tend to bore the hell out of me.  I honestly find the best parts of the show any show really friendships between people.   I loved the scenes between Kristen and Camile and Cameron and Linus (that is his name right?)

Although I do kinda ship Camile and the cop guy I think his name is Fisher right?

21 hours ago, SanLynn said:

So Season 1 ended with Cameron in danger, S2 Spring Finale has Kirsten in danger. I'm seeing a pattern here.

Yup, and it was just as predictable given that it was delving into Kirsten's family drama.

19 hours ago, GaT said:

That was painful, I don't even know what this show is about anymore. This season seemed to be "Kirsten: The Search for Daddy" & now it looks like next season (is there a next season?) will be "Kirsten: The Search for Mommy". Was that the original premise?

I'm not really sure where the show was going, it was mostly procedurals and Kirsten's family drama and even that went off the rails.

• Love 1
22 hours ago, AmandaPanda said:

Renewed for a season 3. That was actually really surprising to me.

Me too, the plot change in the second season was crap, I wonder what plot they'll be using for season 3?

• Love 1
On 10/7/2016 at 2:24 PM, GaT said:

Me too, the plot change in the second season was crap, I wonder what plot they'll be using for season 3?

Either they go full on procedural and dump Kirsten's family drama in a 'retooling' or they continue stringing that along with the cases of the week and end in yet another finale cliffhanger with yet another main character in danger.

It has been announced now and I believe it's June 5th. Thought I saw that somewhere. They're pairing it with Shadowhunters 2b. I was stunned by the S3 renewal.

Edited by SanLynn
(edited)

Eh I was underwhelmed and it seemed like there was a lot of fan service going on especially with Cameron and Kirsten.

Still I'm glad to see the back of Blair (at least I hope it's the end of him). And the previews for next week look amusing. I'll stick with it for the rest of the series. I expect this will run of episodes will be the end.

Edited by SanLynn