Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E05: The Holidays

• Start Topic

I'm not sure why so many people automatically believe Jessica. Ryan, flaws and all, comes across as more genuine imo. He knows he has issues with anger and consciously tries to manage it. Jessica come across as someone wanting to look good on camera.

I agree with this. I follow her on Instagram and she is very obsessed with herself, and posts an unusually high amount of sexy/sultry selfies. I still like her and think she's cute, but I see her being into the FAME aspect of this.

• Love 2

First, I need to give Stephanie a shout out for her hilarious recap! That screen cap of sad-faced Davina in her sequined Santa hat putting a consoling hand on Sean as he shoves a potato in his mouth is everything! I also don't understand why they decided to be completely alone with their tilapia w/ tomatillo salsa. It was like we both insist on being with our families so instead of splitting the day or inviting both families over there, let's just be miserable here together but wear a festive t-shirt/hat to make it fun...until the baby dying story. I also think either Davina knew or perhaps they edited conversation out because after the fit she had about Sean not asking enough consoling follow-up questions, it just seems unlikely that she wouldn't have said ANYTHING. But I also get that the show wouldn't/couldn't/shouldn't air footage about the baby mama. I also assumed it was not a serious relationship, the way he said he "found out" he was going to be a father and was excited about the baby--nothing about how it affected her or their relationship or when that ended. I also thought maybe they taped "Christmas"** after the new year because the way he said "in 2014" while it was STILL 2014 just didn't make sense. Also the way he was saying Christmas is Chapter 1 and New Years would be Chapter 2 was like he was speaking in episodes, not metaphor. But maybe Sean just doesn't speak like normal human beings do. Oh, and back to them being alone--at least Davina saw her family the night before. I would have thought that Davina would have "allowed" Sean to see his family, feeling bad that he had to work the night before. But, it was like, no you are the most important person in my life right now because you are the only one here--more odd phrasing!

**I also thought they taped Christmas because then 3 different film crews are ALSO not with their families on Christmas?! Really?!

Also as evidence, where was the rest of basement-dwelling Ryan's family? Wouldn't they have been there on Christmas? Wouldn't the room be filled with presents for Kayla, etc., not just the lotions, vinegar, candle around? If not, then I could see why Ryan would have felt bad about leaving his mom and Kayla all alone.

I thought it was nice how the other Ryan's mom also had Jessica's family over.

• Love 1

In this episode, Sean seems like he turned into a jerk the second he realized Davina wasn't sexual - at least not with him.  I admit to occasionally doing this too, especially in college.  When sex is a priority for someone - and it seems to be with Sean (there's no way the "experts" could miss it) - you don't match them up with someone who isn't.  Davina strikes me as possibly frigid, they should have matched her with a much older man. 

I think all men have sex on their mind a lot/most of the time.  Because Davina is not ready doesn't mean she is frigid.  He is kind of a jerk though!  Odd conversation to have on the massage table with 2 strangers and a camera involved!   Production gives them questions to ask to get interesting conversation going.    But he did not have to say "come to daddy sex" though!  sheeeeeesh.  

• Love 2

I am going on the record that Sean and Davina NEVER consummate their "marriage."

I'm guessing that he was pretty much a pig on their wedding night and pushed her real hard for sex - "hey, we're married, so why not?" -- but the more he pushed, the more she froze up. Now they're stuck in this dance where he's not getting any but the more he pushes, the more she backs away.

Courtship, Sean. The girl even said it herself. I don't think he has the first clue what that means. I think he's been pursuing easy chicks for a long time who dish it all out themselves and he doesn't have to do a thing, and can't understand why Davina isn't behaving the same way.

I sympathize. I can't stand men who act like that, either. They're frankly lousy in bed and just start grabbing, and then blame the woman if for some reason she doesn't enjoy that.

Courtship. It's not just for single people anymore.

• Love 8

I am going on the record that Sean and Davina NEVER consummate their "marriage."

I think that will actually be Jaclyn & Ryan R. Once he puts pressure on her to have sex, she's going to have to admit to herself that she just isn't in to him. I give her an "A" for effort, because it has to be an effort to be married to such a boring guy, but she's kidding herself that there's something between them.

• Love 2

I think that will actually be Jaclyn & Ryan R. Once he puts pressure on her to have sex, she's going to have to admit to herself that she just isn't in to him. I give her an "A" for effort, because it has to be an effort to be married to such a boring guy, but she's kidding herself that there's something between them.

I thought I was the only one who isn't 100% crazy over the Ryan R/Jaclyn pairing. I think editing is making them look so match better than they actually are. i understand that production needs a couple to "root" for, but there are many dysfunctions in this pairing:

1) Ryan isn't Doug. Doug was charming, personable and sexy. Ryan comes across as tense and aloof.

2) I didn't see Ryan making any effort to interact or accommodate Jaclyn's family. His family is important. Good, but how about you make an effort to get to know the other side

3) IMO he is using his niece as a crutch to not move out.

4) I don't believe Jaclyn is 100% genuine in falling for him. You don't laugh at the gift your SO gets you, if you like the guy. I thought she was a bitch but given the above, I can get why she would not be into him (although I still think he looks better than she is). He's a nice guy, but will that be enough? I think they might stay together but I’m not convinced that they are good match.

• Love 2

Don't these experts ask the couples if they are willing to recloate there homes?

I actually think Ryan D would be better paired with Davina. They seem like they have more in common to me

Davina's too old for him and she has body-issues.  Can you imagine her on a Jetski in the ocean?  Davina likes to sit, talk about herself and cry.  And there's NO WAY RyanD would tolerate the lack of sex.  He'd be applying for an annulment by the end of the honeymoon. 

Davina needs to be paired with someone in their late 50s. 

• Love 3

Davina's too old for him and she has body-issues.  Can you imagine her on a Jetski in the ocean?  Davina likes to sit, talk about herself and cry.  And there's NO WAY RyanD would tolerate the lack of sex.  He'd be applying for an annulment by the end of the honeymoon. 

Davina needs to be paired with someone in their late 50s. 

LOL

Making snow angels is considered getting out of her confort zone. They would have split up after day 2. 

Edited by moonxyz
  • Love 4

LOL

Making snow angels is considered getting out of her confort zone. They would have split up after day 2. 

I almost wish the "experts" would have matched Davina with Ryan D as who they are with now isn't working very well and it would have been more fun to see them implode so dramatically.  

• Love 2

I agree with those who have little hope for Jaclyn and Ryan B.   I don't think any of them will make it this time.  I could change my take on this though!  Not unheard of.  

Never made a snow angel, eh?  And you put that in "out of my comfort zone?"  Oh my.  

• Love 2

I agree with those who have little hope for Jaclyn and Ryan B.   I don't think any of them will make it this time.  I could change my take on this though!  Not unheard of.  

Never made a snow angel, eh?  And you put that in "out of my comfort zone?"  Oh my.

I can see JesRy and S&D at least making it thru the first 6 weeks and trying to make it work. But I believe that Jaclyn is not going to continue to fake how she feels about RyanR. In the previews for that final episode, he appears to me to be the most pissed off. And yes, I know they are all told not to give anything away, but there's just something in his look that says it all. Jaclyn made a BIG mistake telling him she wasn't attracted to him at the altar. Unlike Doug, who took constant abuse from ball buster Jaime because in his heart he really believed he could get her to come around, I don't think Ryan is going to give Jaclyn many chances. Once he feels sufficient time has passed that they should start becoming intimate and she pulls back, he's going to blow up.

I thought I was the only one who isn't 100% crazy over the Ryan R/Jaclyn pairing. I think editing is making them look so match better than they actually are. i understand that production needs a couple to "root" for, but there are many dysfunctions in this pairing:

1) Ryan isn't Doug. Doug was charming, personable and sexy. Ryan comes across as tense and aloof.

2) I didn't see Ryan making any effort to interact or accommodate Jaclyn's family. His family is important. Good, but how about you make an effort to get to know the other side

3) IMO he is using his niece as a crutch to not move out.

4) I don't believe Jaclyn is 100% genuine in falling for him. You don't laugh at the gift your SO gets you, if you like the guy. I thought she was a bitch but given the above, I can get why she would not be into him (although I still think he looks better than she is). He's a nice guy, but will that be enough? I think they might stay together but I’m not convinced that they are good match.

I like Jaclyn and think she's been honest and is truly trying to make it work....to the point she is not listening to her own feelings. Your Point #2 is something I noticed as soon as it aired but no postings on it....he was all for getting together with her as long as it didn't inconvience HIS plans with his family. He has all these traditions...hey, you know what new husband? You've got a wife now, and she's front and center and you make new traditions with her. As far as her laughing at the gift, for me it was the way she couldn't seem to stop laughing. Just like she seems to laugh (rather loudly) at everything he says. She's faking all this and the cracks are starting to be evident. Bottom line, they are both nice people and maybe on paper they look OK but with no physical attraction by one of the partners the other one is going to start to hate them. It's just human nature as in essence you are rejecting them.

• Love 1

I can see JesRy and S&D at least making it thru the first 6 weeks and trying to make it work. But I believe that Jaclyn is not going to continue to fake how she feels about RyanR. In the previews for that final episode, he appears to me to be the most pissed off. And yes, I know they are all told not to give anything away, but there's just something in his look that says it all. Jaclyn made a BIG mistake telling him she wasn't attracted to him at the altar. Unlike Doug, who took constant abuse from ball buster Jaime because in his heart he really believed he could get her to come around, I don't think Ryan is going to give Jaclyn many chances. Once he feels sufficient time has passed that they should start becoming intimate and she pulls back, he's going to blow up.

I'm guessing there are financial incentives in place to get everyone to stick it out for 6 weeks - beyond that, all bets are off.

I still think Doug was/is a chump and I don't believe their marriage is nearly as happy as they act.  Right now, Jamie knows that staying married keeps her on camera.  I don't like their chances once the minor fame dries up. 

Yeah, I can't see Jaimie staying with Doug when he hype for this show dies down. This was all but confirmed for me when she was going out for hosting gigs during MAFS:The First Year. She is in this for fame. I think Jason and Cortney are probably the only genuine love match thus far. It is way too early to tell for Jaclyn and Ryan. They haven't even moved in together yet.

They must be under contract to finish the season so we won't see anyone walk away.  As for the looks we see at the finale, I chalk that up to editing.  It takes hours to film and a camera is on them at all times.  They use the clips to match the VO to create suspense and drama.  They mean nothing.  

I'm guessing there are financial incentives in place to get everyone to stick it out for 6 weeks - beyond that, all bets are off.

I still think Doug was/is a chump and I don't believe their marriage is nearly as happy as they act.  Right now, Jamie knows that staying married keeps her on camera.  I don't like their chances once the minor fame dries up. 

I think Doug and Jamie are happy and doing well.  They renewed their vows and basically had the wedding they wanted.  

I do not fault anyone, ever, for riding the short lived wave of moderate fame a reality show brings.  I would do ALL paid events for sure.  Why not? 

Edited by Bella
clarity
  • Love 2

Just a side note, and I dont know either of them, but Jamie and Doug live in my town, and my daughter works at a coffee shop and they come in together all the time.  She said they seem like a normal married couple.

• Love 4

It seems to me that Jaclyn is coming around to Ryan. She was saying I have a crush on my husband, and she seemed to be attracted to him the way they were snuggling in bed. I think at first she was employing a "fake it till you make it" attitude, but I think she's as appropriately enamored with him now after only knowing him two weeks or whatever.

• Love 2

Sean should consider if it is worth the amount of begging he will have to do before she agrees to the "deed" and the copious amount of crying and  round about talking he will have to endure afterwards.

Deal breaker for me, but I'm not married to her.

Davina has to consider is it worth doing the "deed" if she continues to not be heard or understood or have her mind read by Sean.

Maybe today's episode will give us some hope for this couple.

• Love 2

Oh my goodness! Laughing my hiney off at the Humble One's should I or shouldn't I argument regarding the subject of sex and the Funsters. Now to go check out the thread where Ryan Dnozzle puts the pillow over his prank partner's head...

So Ryan getting up from the table and going for a walk was not the best move. Still, if that's one of the only ways he has to relieve that tension in himself then I think that's better than him staying and them having a big confrontation that could have gotten violent or at least emotionally hurtful. In that context I don't think it was the worst thing in the world for him to walk away.

I have to say that all of these comments about needing to work through things is one of the major things that turns me off from this show. Now, personally, I believe in commitment and if I ever get married it will be in the hopes that it will last forever. However, there are just some things that you don't work through whether it's the extremes of abuse or just a fundamental understanding that you aren't compatible with that other person. You don't force yourselves to stay together so you can be unhappy or at best content in a kind of ambivalence just because you made some level of commitment. I think there's something just as immature in that worldview as in one where you're super promiscuous and engage in a lot of meaningless relationships. It's like saying "you said yes! I heard you! No take-backsies!" You only get so many years on this earth. You shouldn't waste them letting people outside of your relationship determine how you act. 

I continue to find it funny that all these women keep "waking up" with so much makeup on. 

Listening to Davina go on about the sleigh ride is like listening to one of the real housewives. What are you even talking about? And why are you still talking about it?

As for Jessica fixating on the piercing instead of all the times Ryan disregarded her feelings (and put her in danger) it seems to have more to do with the past relationship. Do I still think she should be more concerned with him ignoring what she wants and also putting her in danger? Yes. But I can understand if she was willing to overlook those things because she could rationalize them but not something that seems to suggest that like her ex, he might see her as beneath him. For her, this is somehow a clearer sign of his lack of respect than all those other incidents.

Slightly off topic but concerning the two hour phone call... I've realized that guys don't seem to put that much meaning into those things. They will spend hours talking with you and not think anything of it. I continue to not understand this.

I do not know why Ryan stuck to his Christmas shopping tradition. That's really not a big one. They could have spent that time together. Also, why is he looking at clothes? Buying clothes for women is a terrible idea. Accessories are much safer but still tricky if you don't have a great sense of style... or the style of the person you're buying for. At least he wasn't out the whole night and they still spent Christmas Eve together. But why isn't he trying to see her family?

For someone who is generally well spoken it freaks me out a little when Ryan lets something slip out like "I don't want to have to get angry" but I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Oh, "experts." This isn't experiencing all aspects of marriage. This is playing house. 

LOL. Greg talks about Christmas like a Humanist Chaplain. 

Why were Sean and Davina cooking? Didn't they both say they were bad cooks?

Jaclyn is really my favorite person in the cast.

I'm not sure why they went to the Jewish family's house for Christmas but putting that aside, I think Ryan and Jessica did the best job of compromising to spend time with both of their families... together.

WHAT? Yes, people bring baggage into a relationship but this whole other relationship and drama that Ryan was involved with happened a year ago? That does not sound like it was long enough for him to process it and then sign up for this nonsense show.

I continue to find Sean and Davina the weirdest couple they've cast. But in a way I can see why they cast them because they never stop talking. There's no dead air.

I continue to find it funny that all these women keep "waking up" with so much makeup on. 

Yeah.  Jamie last season was a standout, her makeup seemed to be amateurishly applied, which suggested she was doing it herself and not quite knowing how to handle the lighting and cameras.  She already has some 'reality' tv experience, but .....

What's with Jessica's eye makeup?  Would think an aspiring actress/model using this show for a career springboard would work for a better presentation.  (A better presentation of makeup and of cordiality).

• Love 1

Ryan R. this is the only tip you can get from Sean: Tiffany's is where you buy your wife's gifts until you get better at gift buying.

YUP. I don't like a lot of their designs but if you can't really put the thought into it or you don't have great taste at least putting the money in helps. It's shallow but true. Of course, I'm someone who doesn't mind gift cards so I don't really need a personal touch.

I still think Ryan R would have been a good match with Jessica and that Jaclyn would have been much more able to respond to Ryan D's "teasing" in kind.

I agree but to be frank, I don't think Ryan D would have been as attracted to Jaclyn.

My sister still wears the shoes my mom, who died in 1992, wore. They are so dilapidated that a piece of cardboard has better protection, but because they were my moms, she won't part with them. That's how I saw that clown picture. That Ryan loves it because it was from his grandmother. It was actually very well drawn, at least to me.

It seemed rather good to me too. That said, sad clown is one of those subjects like a still life of flowers that makes me think she took a class or copied a painting. Would I want that hanging over me every day? No. Do I understand keeping it around for sentimental reasons? Sure. And he's probably gotten used to it by now.

On a side note about Ryan R living in the basement, a lot of "kids" on Long Island live with their parents for a bit after college. I didn't move out of my house until I got married last year and I was in my late 20s. How old is he, exactly? Because I don't know if I would necessarily mark it as a ding against him. Rent and cost of living here is really expensive.

Remember Princesses: Long Island, you guys? I have nothing to add. I just miss that stupid/horrible/wonderful show.

I still think Ryan R would have been a good match with Jessica and that Jaclyn would have been much more able to respond to Ryan D's "teasing" in kind.

I agree but to be frank, I don't think Ryan D would have been as attracted to Jaclyn.

I think Jaclyn is too self aware and mature for Ryan D.

• Love 2

With each passing episode Sean's odd relationship with his parents and their fear of him going into this experiment is brought to light. Did these so-called "experts" know of his miscarriage? These two together is just too much baggage. Holy Shit. 

I was surprised with how Ryan D. handled himself tonight. He's no saint but at least he recognizes his faults. I still don't think he and Jessica are a good match. They won't go the distance. I really like his mom though.

It was nice that Jaclyn made the effort of being of there with Ryan during Christmas. Those moments with his niece and mom were very sweet. The commute sounds brutal though. I can understand their frustrations.

Oh I had forgotten about this! Having that loss and then trying to convince us that he is ready for marriage? If I were in Davina's shoes at that pount, that would have been shocking and made me re-think so, so much about him and the new marriage/ relationship

It felt to me so very disrespectful to the Mother of that baby, and to the life that was lost. That was a very, very big red, shocking flag to me.

On the way less serious side, I just glanced at my TV and did a bird land in Davina's hair? I have to look closer. what the heck? (:

Agree, agree, agree with Jaclyn and Ryan, they are sweet & very engaging IMHO. She is an interesting lady, seems "tough" at first but I think she is enormously compassionate and kind.

(edited)

Jamie is going to stick it out for fame and end up with at least one mole covered baby.

I think they will last. She stepped up and raised her sibs, and she is open about wanting to be on QVC or something, but I think she wants love more. And he loves her - actively!!  I hate that she has such a hideous person for a mother, hopefully she will keep focusing on the good things happening.

Moles can be removed or ignored. 

Edited by Bella
  • Love 1

Jessica has terrible dress sense and uses too much make up. Not a fan. Playing the victim too much.

I do not like Davina that much. She comes across as cold.. Why do so many American women expect that when they wed it is going to be a fairytale? Geez. Still like Ryan so much. Liked him from the start. Jaclyn not so much because she was going on about him not being attractive apparently thinking she is God's gift on earth but at least she is trying to open up which makes me like her more/

Geez it is already boring. To be honest I kept watching season 1 but started to forward through a lot of Jason and Cortney's talks. Always the same blablabla.

What interests me most is if it is really so that you can not be attracted to someone but once you like them you will lose that? I think with Jamie and Doug it helped Dough immensely that he had a great body which she could see during that honeymoon. When she saw him first he did not look sexy at all but with a tan and wearing his own clothes he looked so much better.

Now we have Jaclyn and Ryan. Ryan is handsome I think and he is starting to grow on me personality wise. I find him not just nice but funny and he makes me laugh.  Well this is why I watch.