Type keyword(s) to search

Poll: Name the Spinoff!

MarkHB
  • Start Topic

POLL CLOSED

23 members have voted

1. 1. What will the spinoff team be named?

• Challengers of the Unknown (or just "the Challengers")
    • Justice Society
    • The New Guardians
    • The Outsiders
    • Secret Six
    • Time Masters
    • Sonic Disruptors
    • None of the above (give your pick in the comments)

I will say that I had one reason for picking "Challengers of the Unknown": the hook for the original group was that they were a team of adventurers who had all, in one way or another, cheated death; given that Caity Lotz is going to be on the team, that seemed like a very possible angle they could go with (I have no idea what's going to happen in the rest of the season).

And "Sonic Disruptors" is included as a joke, a nod to what was probably one of the worst miniseries DC ever produced, one so awful that they stopped it with issue 7, out of 12 that were intended.

• Love 1
the hook for the original group was that they were a team of adventurers who had all, in one way or another, cheated death

They should have made this show just about Malcolm and Sara. With frequent appearances by Oliver Queen.

I have no reason to believe this name will happen, but I've used it as my placeholder name for so long I have to suggest it.

Team Justice.

I honestly do expect the word Justice to be in it, they've just used it way too many times over the season for it not to be.

Sonic Disruptors depicted a futuristic America ruled by a theocratic military dictatorship, where the only source of resistance is a pirate radio station broadcasting from orbit.

Theocratic aka religious dictatorship challenged by space DJ's? Oh boy.

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 1

There should be no mention of ATOM in the title at all. If it's a Team Up show, they should have a TEAM name. 

Otherwise they should just name it "Just Another White Male Hero Show with females and minorities."

• Love 2

How about 'Ironic Man' (since he really is a poor man's Iron Man at this point) ?

What if Ray teams up with Roy in another city, and they meet a guy named Rob who is a metahuman and a bartender.  Team RayRobRoy.

Thea becomes a ghost, teams up with Roy Palmer in a miniaturized ATOM suit to solve paranormal cases -- call it Team 'Wee Spirit'.

• Love 2

The name Legends is now being tossed around but there is a current show using the name.

Maybe Legends of Justice?

Or 

Task Force X: Legends of Justice

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 2

Those sound okay; I just have a feeling that DC would want to keep the "justice" for the actual Justice League. Especially since with the Dawn of Justice movie coming out soon-ish.

Maybe they will give it a one-word title? (I'm not counting "the") See also: Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl, Smallville, The 100, Supernatural....

Legends would fit into the one word title trend but Legends is the name of a current show over on TNT.

Justice or Society alone aren't descriptive enough IMO

Maybe instead of a name for the team it would be something about the place, like Happy Harbor or Opal City?  Though if they went that way I'd think they'd want to pick a more on the nose name for the city like Crime Heights (which I made up).  

As terrible as the name is I think it's going to be "Heroes of Justice"  or something like that.

Both shows have repeated the word "hero" and "justice" over 9000 times.

Edited by catrox14

OK Legends of Tomorrow as title is starting to sink in, I dont dislike it as much as when I first heard it. I might even start to like it with time.

With Titans now being called Blackbirds, this show wont be winning the worst show title out there.

OK Legends of Tomorrow as title is starting to sink in, I dont dislike it as much as when I first heard it. I might even start to like it with time.

With Titans now being called Blackbirds, this show wont be winning the worst show title out there.

These are both unconfirmed rumors, so I can't take them seriously. Especially "Blackbirds".

• Love 1