Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E03: Anne Hathaway vs. Emily Blunt

I have to give it to both of them: Emily did awesome with No Diggity ... and then Anne shut it DOWN with the jump onto the ball (in the dark no less.)

The one quirk I wish they did on this show?  Make it a elimination competition with all the celebs to see who really reigns supreme.  

• Love 3

I have to give it to both of them: Emily did awesome with No Diggity ... and then Anne shut it DOWN with the jump onto the ball (in the dark no less.)

The one quirk I wish they did on this show?  Make it a elimination competition with all the celebs to see who really reigns supreme.  

Agreed.  I haven't seen the full episode but I've watched the YouTube sneak peek clip several times and you could not pay me to make that leap of faith.  Hats off to Ms. Hathaway.

This is such a good show.  I enjoyed the concept when it first began as a bit on Jimmy's show, and now it has improved.  I also like the new format of first round being traditional lip synch, but round 2 is the full production.  It shows that some contestants don't need the props to win, but some can get proper use of their props and truly shine.  The first two were well matched.

This one was one-sided.

Anne Hathaway destroyed Emily Blunt.  Round one was evenly matched, I might even give Emily the edge for her take on No Diggity.  But round two... holy sh!t!  Hathaway killed it!  She went full Miley.  And the blind leap onto the wreaking ball, topped with the one finger salute to Emily, flawless victory. 

The only flaw in the show, awarding a new champion every week.  I like the suggestion from mtlchick, make it an elimination competition.  Right now, keep it like this, as a sort of round robin of matchups.  But once the show has all of the contestants, seed them into a bracket and let them fight for the belt.

Also, I see that Stephen Merchant is going to be on the show.  I hope that they bring in Paul Rudd, Joseph Gordon Levitt, and Emma Stone as well.  I've wanted to see them face each other for quite some time.

• Love 5

Cant't wait to see Stephen Merchant, he was totally on Fleek on Jimmys's show.

The Stephen, Jimmy and Joseph battle was my favorite version.  Stephen should be good because wasn't the story that Stephen, John and Emily sort of "invented" the game?  (Not that it didn't exist before but they started doing it at dinner parties for fun--like charades.)

I think that's why I thought Emily was the strongest when it was just a person and a song.  Emily has more experience with no production.  "No Diggity" was great.  But Anne totally killed with Miley.  I don't know if that can be topped.

• Love 1

I'm going to assume that just setting up elimination battles isn't simple with all of these celebs and you need to be able to lock people down for a showdown like that.

Question: after Anne's Wrecking Ball performance, LL immediately put a robe on her -- is that a usual thing indicating she's "the champ" or was that Anne Hathaway being like, "yeah, I'll do the scene in these ridiculous underwear but I will not stand there half-naked afterward"?  Either way, valid choice.

Edited by dusang

There's just no winning against Anne in full-blown wrecking ball. I don't think anyone would have won against her. That said, Emily was a good sport. Good thing this is a lip-sync battle because Emily's voice was shot as well.

• Love 1

I can't figure out why there is so much hate for Anne Hathaway. 

I thought the first two eps of the season were fun enough to for me to keep tuning in, but this ep was...epic.  Anne killed it.  I hope the rest of the eps can come close to living up to this one.

Edited by Impish Dragon
  • Love 1

Question: after Anne's Wrecking Ball performance, LL immediately put a robe on her -- is that a usual thing indicating she's "the champ" or was that Anne Hathaway being like, "yeah, I'll do the scene in these ridiculous underwear but I will not stand there half-naked afterward"?  Either way, valid choice.

No one else has gotten a robe immediately, so I assume it was so she wasn't standing there in her undies afterwards.

I can't figure out why there is some much hate for Anne Hathaway.

She can come off as kind of high maintenance and pretentious to some especially her run up in winning her Oscar.  (Not Gwyneth Paltrow levels but it was leaning towards that.) But she clearly had a blast doing this show so if this was something for people to connect with her it worked.  

She can come off as kind of high maintenance and pretentious to some especially her run up in winning her Oscar.

That was when I stopped being a fan of hers. She was so rehearsed during her acceptance speeches, it came off entitled. Plus, she is sort of annoying. I remember in one speech she said "I want to thank my husband for guaranteeing me a beautiful string of yesterdays..." That's not a thing people say when they are shocked to have won. I only root for underdogs. But the backlash worked in her favor because now she is the underdog again.

• Love 2

The Stephen, Jimmy and Joseph battle was my favorite version.  Stephen should be good because wasn't the story that Stephen, John and Emily sort of "invented" the game?  (Not that it didn't exist before but they started doing it at dinner parties for fun--like charades.)

I am not sure why but the fact that John Krasinski hangs out with a guy who is basically (although kind of indirectly) responsible for his level of fame really amuses me. I mean if Stephen Merchant and Ricky Gervais had never created The Office for The BBC there would have been no US adaption, and no Jim Halpert.

• Love 2