Type keyword(s) to search

MLB Thread

smittykins
  • Start Topic

2 hours ago, Jane Tuesday said:

They're making billions. It's not like some fledgling cricket league that can barely stay afloat. This is just greed.

NBA players have ads on their jerseys. I'm a NASCAR fan and they have ads all over their uniforms so it's nothing new for me.

But baseball is supposed to be pure and NASCAR has had ads for nearly its entire existence.  I don’t like the NBA crap either.

A combined no-hitter is not a thing and neither would be a combined perfecto.

My mother always said if you don’t have anything nice to say, to not say anything, so I will just acknowledge that Apple TV+ is airing a baseball game and leave it at that.

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, mojoween said:

But baseball is supposed to be pure and NASCAR has had ads for nearly its entire existence.  I don’t like the NBA crap either.

A combined no-hitter is not a thing and neither would be a combined perfecto.

My mother always said if you don’t have anything nice to say, to not say anything, so I will just acknowledge that Apple TV+ is airing a baseball game and leave it at that.

I'm not that old but I remember when every game was on free tv. I pay enough for cable so I'm not going to subscribe to streaming services to watch sports.

@ebk57 I know it can feel that way when they're in a slump, but that's not going to last. They're too good a team. They're at least getting a wild card and I'd bet that when the Orioles come into Yankee Stadium the week after next, that three-game series may still decide the division. Look, as a Yankees fan, I don't want to be right about this, but I'm not ready to write off the Orioles as possible division champs just yet.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, mojoween said:

I don't remember who it was on this forum who mentioned it back in April, but I'd very much like to thank the person who told us about the separate audio feed for the local team's radio broadcast. I was much happier listening to Suzyn Waldman than I was to the AppleTV people.

I did go back to the AppleTV feed when I saw Aaron Judge being interviewed by their on-field reporter. I was sorry I did. Her questions were cringe-worthy. Meredith Marakovits of the YES Network is so good at what she does, it spoils us as Yankees' fans.

• Like 2

I had no idea there was a Paw Patrol curse until the guy on Apple said it, and I still have no idea what that is.  Like I know Aaron did an animated dog show, but I have no idea what that has to do with a (16 game, they hammered that home) homerless streak.

My hubby did wonder why the Red Sox didn’t just walk him and give up one run, rather than pitch to him and risk giving up four.

Edited by mojoween
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, mojoween said:

My hubby did wonder why the Red Sox didn’t just walk him and give up one run, rather than pitch to him and risk giving up four.

That reminds me of a game against the Oakland A’s in 1999, when Bernie Williams trotted to first base, thinking he’d walked with the bases loaded, but it was only ball 3.(The look on Scott Brosius’s face was like “Bernie, what are you doing?”)

The next pitch?  Grand slam.

The whole Yankee bench lost it, Bernie laughed his way around the bases, and Tim McCarver said “The A’s should have taken the walk, it’s only one run!”

• Love 2

I know today is Roberto Clemente Day, yet it still took me three innings to realize Aaron Judge (6’7”, 280 pounds, doesn’t look like anyone else playing baseball), was the guy wearing 21.  In my defense, baseball is playing on mute on the iPad.

• LOL 3
6 minutes ago, mojoween said:

Aaron, Giancarlo and Juan are all wearing 21.  Since they are the only ones, are they former Clemente Award winners on the team?

It’s Clemente nominees and anyone from Puerto Rico or Latin descent.

Edited by DMK
  • Useful 3
11 minutes ago, mojoween said:

I was irate on FB on September 17, 2017 and @ebk57 would know why - 

“The interwebs told me Ubaldo Jimenez is a terrible pitcher.  The interwebs LIED.”

Well, he was a terrible pitcher...most of the time.  However, sometimes he wasn't.  😉

• Wink 1
  • LOL 1

Orioles have designated Craig Kimbrel for assignment. 

It wasn't this drastic last year but similarly he started of pretty solid then was pretty bad after the all star break. At least Orioles fans don't have to worry about him pitching in important games in October.