Type keyword(s) to search

MLB Thread

smittykins
  • Start Topic

(edited)

Apologies to any Reds fans out there . . . .what's in Cincinnati? All I really know are the Reds, Bengals, and WKRP. I'm not being a dick . . . I was looking up information a few months ago, because their zoo has an unbelievably sweet young hippo named Fiona.

Thank goodness Harvey doesn't pitch in this series. With the Mets' luck, he'd pitch a perfect game and invite New York fans to munch on his junk.

ETA: I have the same thoughts about Pittsburgh. All I really know is that PNC Park is supposed to be really awesome. I don't know anything else.

Edited by Lantern7
(edited)

Never been to Cincy but I've been to Pittsburgh and it's a fantastic town and if you love sports it may well be the best sports town in the country. 

So the Harvey trade is official? Wow. Didn't think he could be traded. Good luck to him and I hope his attitude changes. It's prob the best thing for him. Reds are not contending so he can start games and get himself right. He will be a FA anyway. This is where he has to be in order to be a good pitcher again. Sure you want to win games but you can also just play baseball..

Edited by prican58

I've been to Cincy twice, once to Riverfront Stadium and once to Great American Ballpark (is that still the name?).  I'm glad they won't be building another stadium in my lifetime. 

I've been to Pittsburgh a few times, once to Three Rivers and 2 or 3 times to PNC because it's my favorite "new" stadium (although I will always love Camden Yards the most).  Pittsburgh is a fun town, good food and did I mention the great stadium?? 

• Love 1

Got a present in the mail yesterday and thought a few folks here might enjoy it

IMG_20180511_1344306

Then went to the Os game last night and got this one (and the Os won - they have a mini-win streak going.  I'll take it)

IMG_20180512_1927107

I think Star Wars day may have jumped the shark...  although they are cute. 

• Love 5
On 5/5/2018 at 1:36 PM, mojoween said:

Aaron Judge is in a Pepsi commercial *swoon*

I mean, I know Yankee Stadium is a Pepsi park but seeing him in an ad...yeah, I think it’s awesome.

Because Coke is sewage and Pepsi is the nectar of the gods (even if I don’t drink regular Pepsi any more because of the sugar).

My cousin produces commercials and she did that one. She had nothing but nice things to say about Aaron Judge. 

• Love 5
(edited)

Nothing like finding out Jacob deGrom lasted one inning after throwing 45 pitches . . . yet didn’t give up a run or a hit. Walk, walk, walk, strikeout, fielder’s choice, strikeout.

Off-topic: is there really a huge difference between Coke and Pepsi?

Edited by Lantern7
  • Love 1

Whaaaaaat?  I thought you were all my people here?!?  I will not stand for this slander of Pepsi!  Hmpf.

In on the field news, a. all the pink all over appears to also double as breast cancer awareness merch and b. it didn’t even MATCH.

• Love 6
(edited)

Nope not a Pepsi person, it's to sweet for me.  I've been a Coca Cola girl all my life.

I liked the hats on everyone today.

I don't mind a rout of an opposing team, until it stops being fun.  Today's Orioles game stopped being fun after 10 runs.

Edited by jennifer6973
  • Love 1
14 minutes ago, jennifer6973 said:

I don't mind a rout of an opposing team, until it stops being fun.  Today's Orioles game stopped being fun after 10 runs

That's because you weren't at the ballpark :-)  We were hoping we'd get to 20! And, we still made our dinner reservation on time!! Other that the weather, it was a perfect day.

• Love 4
11 hours ago, mojoween said:

b. it didn’t even MATCH.

This bothered me at first, but than I relaxed into the whole complementing shades of pink thing. They were walking Sherwin Williams chips! 

I did wonder how the neon pink eye "black" Judge was sporting worked for its intended purpose, because it seemed so reflective....

• Love 1
23 hours ago, mojoween said:

Whaaaaaat?  I thought you were all my people here?!?  I will not stand for this slander of Pepsi!  Hmpf.

In on the field news, a. all the pink all over appears to also double as breast cancer awareness merch and b. it didn’t even MATCH.

I'm a fellow Pepsi person. Prefer both Pepsi and Diet Pepsi over any Coke. If I HAVE to, Diet Coke tastes better than regular. But I have to ask at restaurants which product they have so I know what to order. I seem to also like most of the same sports teams as you. I'm somewhat of a casual fan of most, so haven't felt super comfortable posting much in the sports boards. But I thought I'd back you up on the Pepsi. :)

• Love 1

Had a minor quake here in the bay area during tonight's Giants game. I'm in the east bay where the epicenter was so it felt like like a big jolt, but some of my friends who are at the ballpark said they felt it in the upper levels. #californiabaseball

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, smittykins said:

How does a diuretic(furosemide--I'm on it myself)improve performance? The only thing it does for me is make me pee.

It's commonly used to mask whatever one is getting piss tested for. Makes you pee it all out. Guess he didn't know they tested for that too.

• Love 2

Loved Cano as a Yankee and hated to se him leave but I got over it. Still love him but I don't feel bad for him. He's an adult and he should have read the CBA rules. Now most of us would never even bother to read it but when he was prescribed the diuretic (assuming that is true) he should have called his agent and ask him to verify whether it was a banned substance. That's all. Just pick up the phone. But no. So, he pays the price. Losing $12M is nothing when you already got PAID $250 M or whatever it was. 

• Love 2

The Ms called up 2B Gordon Beckham from Tacoma.  He hit .300 and 3 HR in 14 games.  I think it was Blowers who mentioned on the TV broadcast last night that Beckham had a really good spring and that the club was disappointed to have had to send him down. 

Glass half full, I know. 

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/miguel-cabrera-livid-cano-ban-didn-peds-article-1.3993738

Really, Cabrera? I don't care how much of a friend to Cano you are. Yes, you can be upset and any other emotion but don't forget your friend should have taken the initiative to find out if the drug was legal. CODETEL, the Dominican telephone company is available 24/7 to make a phone call. Call MLBPA or his agent. Do not get all high and mighty. Take a clue from Sabathia, Gardner and other ex teammates on how to express your feelings. They didn't go off on anyone inluding Robby. 

https://www.northjersey.com/story/sports/mlb/yankees/2018/05/15/ny-yankees-react-robinson-canos-80-game-ped-suspension/613859002/

• Love 2
3 hours ago, mojoween said:

Is it STILL raining in Washington?  WTF.

From what I've read on Twitter, it's supposed to be rainy the rest of the home stand.

It seems rainy is what is happening on the east coast this week.

Stewpid, stewpid rain! [/Emma Thompson in Impromptu]

I haven't thought of that film in years, even though it's one of my favorites.  Did not expect to see it quoted in the MLB thread on Previously TV, though!  Brava, Attica.

• Love 3

Speaking of things that never get old: they were talking about this (again) on MLB, they seem to bring it up all the time, and I never get tired of it.

B7A1B72F-A9C3-4988-94D6-4FAE0393C879.gif.59b755cedcb5d6a68843494411c43cdb.gif

Hee hee hee!

• Love 4

Read the News' back page. All about the Mets' disastrous soaked game with the Blue Jays. Then I watch SportsCenter (it's before 7, so it's on a loop), and Scott Van Pelt gets a few chuckles at Mets fans scrambling for a foul ball in the mass of empty seats. Then I read a bit about Bartolo winning in Seattle, and how he deflected a line drive with his gut. Once again: Why did the Mets let him go?!? He's like Tebow in the sense that he's an oddity, but at least he can perform. And I'm still convinced he brought good luck to the Mets, especially in 2016.

• Love 1