Type keyword(s) to search

Jaclyn & Ryan R

• Start Topic

They're going to have the worst time figuring out a place to live.

What would be a midpoint between New Jersey and Long Island? Queens? Even Queens->NJ seems like a really bad commute each day.

• Love 1

Any trip where you have to pass through NYC to get there makes it even worse, which they would have to going from LI to NJ.  And yeah, even Queens to Suffolk County would suck too.  The traffic can be brutal.  It looks like they might be working it out in the future, though.

Edited by Snarklepuss

I just love this couple and they are quickly becoming one of my favorites from watching way too much crappy reality tv over the years!!

I'm really glad that they are moving forward with their relationship and that even though Ryan was saying in his talking head bits that staying with his mom/niece was what he wanted, that in the end he realized that wasn't going to be an option with Jaclyn's job.   I guess we'll see next week where their apartment ends up being--probably Queens just cause it will be affordable over Manhattan.

• Love 1

Queens is rapidly getting out of control rent-wise too but I agree it's still better than Manhattan.  They seem to be making the compromises without too much strain on their relationship but we'll see how it goes.  I have much more confidence in them than the other couples, though.

Yea sounds like it. If I were them I probably would do queens it's the most in the middle. Aside from NYC

except that Queens royally sucks! get it? 

Queens is a shithole. A real move down from Stony Brook or Jersey

• Love 1

This is just a guess but I think any move to a half way point is going to be temporary and just for them to spend time together during the experiment.     That if Jaclyn & Ryan decide to stay together as a married couple, one of them will probably end up changing jobs so that they can have a more normal married life either out on Long Island or in New Jersey. 

Who knows, maybe they'll become one of those couples that work together as a real estate agents.

• Love 1

except that Queens royally sucks! get it?

Queens is a shithole. A real move down from Stony Brook or Jersey

Not all of Queens is a shithole. There are some really nice areas, like Whitestone. douglaston is pretty nice as well. I don't live there, but I do work there (not deep in but near the Queens/Nassau border) and I wouldn't say that area is a dump either.

• Love 2

It is pretty 'stand-up' on Jaclyn's part to marry into this 'family' of Kayla, Mother and Ryan.  Not all partners would be game for joining a situation like that.  (I hope they went over her willingness to be involved with such a close 'pre-existing' family during the selection process).  Jaclyn was super when she delivered and accepted gifts from Mother and Kayla.

Not all of Queens is a shithole. There are some really nice areas, like Whitestone. douglaston is pretty nice as well. I don't live there, but I do work there (not deep in but near the Queens/Nassau border) and I wouldn't say that area is a dump either.

Yeah I grew up in/near Douglaston so I really resent that shithole remark upthread.  Parts of Queens are pretty dodgy, but so are parts of Jersey and Long Island.

I'm not a fan of self absorbed Jaclyn. I know we don't see every bit of interaction but from what we've been shown, I have yet to see her consider how her actions and words affect Ryan or anyone else.

Agreed.     Jaclyn is in sales.  If she didn't already have the capability of clamping down on words and behavior that needlessly   hurt people, she'd be out of a job.

And again, she realizes her behavior is wrong and adds it to her "to do" list of things she needs to work on.

Jaclyn seems to have a warm heart.  But I think Ryan can find someone with a warm heart, without the big mouth.

Ryan is also in sales, so I doubt that he is always passive.  I just think it is harder for guys to tell someone that they are hurting their feeling.

And again, she realizes her behavior is wrong and adds it to her "to do" list of things she needs to work on.

Jaclyn seems to have a warm heart.  But I think Ryan can find someone with a warm heart, without the big mouth.

Ryan is also in sales, so I doubt that he is always passive.  I just think it is harder for guys to tell someone that they are hurting their feeling.

I have found Jaclyn pretty self aware in her talking head bits as time has gone on and at least she acknowledged that her response to the purse wasn't a good one.  And that's about what you can hope for from people, to be aware of their mistakes and to try to make improvements.  

I found her interaction with Mama Ryan and Kayla to be quite warm and you could see the joy on Ryan's face as he watched the three interact.  Like he said in a talking head piece at the end of the last episode, the Christmas holiday brought them closer together.  I think that Jaclyn making the effort to be with him during that time when she could have easily just stayed in New Jersey meant alot and I can see why he would be happy.  Still a long way for them to go but a decent foundation is being built.  

Edited by CindyBee
  • Love 4

Yes, Forest Hills and Middle Village are not bad either.

It is pretty 'stand-up' on Jaclyn's part to marry into this 'family' of Kayla, Mother and Ryan.  Not all partners would be game for joining a situation like that.  (I hope they went over her willingness to be involved with such a close 'pre-existing' family during the selection process).  Jaclyn was super when she delivered and accepted gifts from Mother and Kayla.

Did you forget that she didn't know she was marring into this family?

Did you forget that she didn't know she was marring into this family?

True but didn't the one of the experts (maybe Dr. Logan) say during the matching episode that they thought that Jaclyn would be a great fit with Ryan cause they thought she'd fit in well with Kayla!?   So maybe willing to be part of a pre existing family was one of the criteria on the super duper evaluation that Jaclyn checked "ok" and viola, here's her match.   Or they just thought Jaclyn/Ryan would make for good TV cause at this point I have no idea what is a "scientific match" and what is "good teevee match". 

• Love 2

Kayla may be the one to not processa breakup well since she has had loss of her parents and here is another adult leaving her.

Ryan and she should start their own household so she can seperate her feelings for him from her feelings for the three of them.

• Love 1

I get the impression that Kayla lives primarily with her grandmother, and Ryan helps out because he is there, too. I don't think she would not want him to give up his own life for her, and I think she would understand the concept of the show. She must be at least 12, and she is not going to get emotionally attached to Jaclyn in 6 weeks. I would think it is tough to win over a preteen, even though Kayla seems very sweet.

Kayla's feelings are very well protected by her family and hopefully by the producers of M@FS.

Their family Christmas celebration wasn't as awkward and forced as the other 2 couples.

Ryan's Christmas gift was seeing his family embracing Jacklyn.

I've never lived anywhere other than Queens. Like just about every place in NY its hit and miss. That's New York. In Nassau you've got money Garden City bordering Hempstead. And even certain shitholes in Queens can cost double of places in Jersey and Long Island, so the judgment isn't exactly black and white there, either.

I'm a bit annoyed at how Jaclyn is getting away with such pool behviour. Anyone else would have been roasted for making fun of the gift your new SO gave you.

But it will get chalked up to it being "Just Jaclyn".

Imagine if Sean or Douche would have done the same thing?

Edited by moonxyz

moonxyz, I've been thinking the same thing about the way Jaclyn acted about the gift.  I think she tends to do things that emasculate Ryan somewhat so as to discourage him from acting romantic to her.  Usually when a woman wants a guy to like her "that way" she feigns liking the gift to protect his ego.  She hasn't missed many opportunities to take pot shots at Ryan's ego to keep him "in his place" in the "friend zone".

• Love 3

I have found Jaclyn pretty self aware in her talking head bits as time has gone on and at least she acknowledged that her response to the purse wasn't a good one.  And that's about what you can hope for from people, to be aware of their mistakes and to try to make improvements.  

I found her interaction with Mama Ryan and Kayla to be quite warm and you could see the joy on Ryan's face as he watched the three interact.  Like he said in a talking head piece at the end of the last episode, the Christmas holiday brought them closer together.  I think that Jaclyn making the effort to be with him during that time when she could have easily just stayed in New Jersey meant alot and I can see why he would be happy.  Still a long way for them to go but a decent foundation is being built.  

I agree with this.

They're my favorite couple, in no small part because Jaclyn is so very much like a friend of mine: long dark hair, Mediterranean coloring, petite, outgoing, lots of personality. Even her mannerisms and way of speaking are virtually identical. My friend is one of the warmest people you'd ever want to meet, and has a gigantic heart. She can be loud at times, but she's funny and entertaining and fun to be around. Jaclyn seems the same way, so I'm predisposed to like her. And Ryan seems sweet; a little on the quiet side, which Jaclyn balances out with her exuberance.

Yeah of all the things that Jaclyn has done during the first 2 weeks of this marriage, laughing at Ryan's gift for me was the worst.  But at least she said in one of her talking head bits that she shouldn't have done so and I like that about her that she is aware of her mistakes.    

If you watch the extra clips on FYI's website, they both talk about the gift giving--I'm convinced these bits were filmed at the end of the experiment --and Ryan was not a happy guy but it seems that he was able to put it behind him as he did say at the end of this past episode that spending the holidays with Jaclyn was a good experience and he was finally out of the friend zone and much happier.  I guess we'll see if they can build upon their time spent together at Christmas when they move in together!

Edited by CindyBee

I can never find the 'extra' clips.on the FYI site...all I can find are clips from the shows that I've already seen. I watch the show on FYI though which gives you a longer version. If there are extra clips there could someone provide a link please? Thanks!

I can never find the 'extra' clips.on the FYI site...all I can find are clips from the shows that I've already seen. I watch the show on FYI though which gives you a longer version. If there are extra clips there could someone provide a link please? Thanks!

I'm at work right now so FYI's site is blocked but when I get home later today, I'll pull up the links for the extra clips for Jaclyn & Ryan. 

• Love 1

Ok, here are the extra clips on the FYI site that weren't shown on the show and that comes with talking head bits that I believe were filmed at the end of the experiment:

on having fun at their wedding reception: http://www.fyi.tv/shows/married-at-first-sight/videos/ryan-r-and-jaclyns-wedding

honeymoon: http://www.fyi.tv/shows/married-at-first-sight/videos/ryan-r-feels-let-down-in-puerto-rico

more honeymoon: http://www.fyi.tv/shows/married-at-first-sight/videos/jaclyn-taps-in-to-her-inner-bro

gift giving: http://www.fyi.tv/shows/married-at-first-sight/videos/jaclyn-laughs-at-ryans-gift

So proud of Ryan R.  The judgment and patience he used helped Jaclyn see good things in him.  Had he pushed her, she would have withdrawn.

She had high walls for Ryan to overcome, and after the "Moving In" episode it looks like the walls are eroding.

• Love 2

Ryan and Jaclyn's maturity in deciding where to live was a joy to watch compared to the other two couples. I do feel for him in leaving his mom and Kayla behind but I'm hopeful that if he and Jaclyn stay together long term she will be open to a life out on Long Island. Guess time will tell on that.

And from the preview clip it looks like their New year's eve is a special one.

• Love 1

OMG, most kids live away from home at college after high school, Ryan shouldn't have done the show if he couldn't even leave the house he grew up in. And his niece is not that young, and there are other brothers that look like they could step in as well.

I realize making a move for the show is very different than falling in love, then getting married, and then moving. But their relationship has grown and it is nice to see. They do compromise well together.

OMG, most kids live away from home at college after high school, Ryan shouldn't have done the show if he couldn't even leave the house he grew up in. And his niece is not that young, and there are other brothers that look like they could step in as well.

I realize making a move for the show is very different than falling in love, then getting married, and then moving. But their relationship has grown and it is nice to see. They do compromise well together.

I don't know if I would judge him so harshly. You can be sad leaving your childhood home. That's normal. It's just a different experience and it's sad to put that chapter behind you.

I don't find it weird that he was sad. And he did say in multiple talking heads that he expected to have to leave his home but it can still be sad.

• Love 6

I had a bad case of insomnia last night so I watch the extended version on FYI's website at 1am and I just want to say I want to be friends with Jaclyn & Ryan! 

From choosing to live in Queens so that they both had the same commute, their money talk and just having fun with some Pizza & wine, I'm beginning to wonder how these two were still single.  I guess Jaclyn was looking for that perfect Notebook love in all the wrong places (ha!) and Ryan's living in his mom's basement wasn't exactly appealing to the ladies of Long Island but still, they both seem so nice.  Well it could be that they seem that cause the other four on the show are such trainwrecks!

I know that they'll be plenty of bumps coming up in the remaining 4 weeks but hopefully they'll continue to have fun. 

• Love 6

Latest exclusive clip on FYI's website where Ryan admits he had extreme anxiety at moving:

http://www.fyi.tv/shows/married-at-first-sight/videos/ryan-r-s-commuting-problem

So they both put moving as non-negotiables but the experts still matched them, even though they live 80 miles apart? Wtf that makes no sense.

And Astoria is still pretty far from Stony Brook. Especially with traffic. The LIE is horrific and the Northern State isn't much better

Yeah it sounds the move to Astoria didn't help Ryan's commute all that much and caused him to pull back from Jaclyn alot.

That was an extra from this past episode though. So I wonder if we will see it during the next episode?

Stop you are breaking my heart these two gave me hope.

Fingers crossed it is a bump and with these two's ability to compromise and communicate that they figure it out.

It is pretty crappy if the both said they couldn't relocate and the experts still paired them.

• Love 1

I'm not sure what's going on with their timeline and when this problem with his commute will be addressed on the show.     But it does seem like the major stumbling block coming up now that Jaclyn has started to fall in love with him is that Ryan isn't letting himself get emotionally attached to her at all.   

Stop you are breaking my heart these two gave me hope.

Fingers crossed it is a bump and with these two's ability to compromise and communicate that they figure it out.

It is pretty crappy if the both said they couldn't relocate and the experts still paired them.

I know! I want them to work. They are so cute together.

I didn't take it that he wasn't getting emotionally attached, just that he pulled back a bit. Didn't he talk about that on the actual episode? That when he pulled back she started to fall more? Or something to that effect? I only watched it once so I don't know, but I thought that there was some talking head about that. So maybe they spliced it together?

These two are so good together that I think they could even deal with a long-distance marriage until they figure out a job change or something. I have no worries about them lasting. At the moment anyway.

• Love 5

Perhaps part of the "social experiment" this time included seeing if the couples would resolve logistical hurdles like distance.  I can't imagine that the experts didn't realize that pairing Ryan and Jaclyn and Sean and Davina would create an additional obstacle given that both couples included people who specified that they could not relocate.  Maybe they didn't want to be hampered by compromising the quality of the match based on logistical issues.  They might have thought that the couples should have hit it off so well that distance would feel like a minor issue.  But like the point I made in another post, logistical issues like distance can hamper even the best of matches from getting off the ground.  Why didn't the experts realize this?  Again, some experts they are.....

• Love 1